• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.
Begin Again isn't a bad song, don't get me wrong. I just listened to it WAY too much when it was first released on iTunes, so I'm sort of over it. SBT is the only one that starts and I'm like, "Mmm, yeah, no thanks."

The Lucky One is my "no thanks" song. That and Stay Stay Stay.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Can we have a moment for this

iMFS7U0V8SxwF.gif
We can have a moment for that whole album. I can't stan it enough. It's amazing and fits the movie so fucking well. I'm not really here for "Gale Song"...

But Lorde's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" cover makes that song completely new again. I didn't realize she was singing the Tears For Fears song until maybe my tenth listen? It's incredible. She fucking owns it in a whole new way.

"Elastic Heart" & "Devil May Cry" are phenomenal.

"Silhouettes," "Lights," "Shooting Arrows at the Sky," "Place For Us" are all great.

"We Remain" is good, just sort of the odd one out in terms of mood and fitting with everything else; that may be its place on the track list though.

Even "Atlas," which I found boring at first, has grown on me significantly.

The Lucky One is my "no thanks" song. That and Stay Stay Stay.
Oh fuck. I forgot about that song.

Sad Beautiful Tragic I skip.

Stay Stay Stay I abhor. She should have destroyed those masters.

I Almost Do and Everything Has Changed are the skippable tracks for me.

I Almost Do is dreadfully boring and Everything Has Changed has the ginger English troll Ed Sheeran.

We can have a moment for that whole album. I can't stan it enough. It's amazing and fits the movie so fucking well. I'm not really here for "Gale Song"...

But Lorde's "Everybody Wants to Rule the World" cover makes that song completely new again. I didn't realize she was singing the Tears For Fears song until maybe my tenth listen? It's incredible. She fucking owns it in a whole new way.

"Elastic Heart" & "Devil May Cry" are phenomenal.

"Silhouettes," "Lights," "Shooting Arrows at the Sky," "Place For Us" are all great.

"We Remain" is good, just sort of the odd one out in terms of mood and fitting with everything else; that may be its place on the track list though.

Even "Atlas," which I found boring at first, has grown on me significantly.

I always have a special moment with Mirror when she's quoting phrases from the series like "I was the girl who was on fire".

I can't decide whose gifs are more iconic at this point, Britney's or Rihanna's. The latter's always so over it, but the former has the most overstated expressions. lol

And they tell you that you’re lucky.
But you’re so confused,
Cause you don’t feel pretty, you just feel used.
And all the young things line up to take your place.

When will Gaga provide such a commentary on the fickleness of fame?

My GOD, does anyone else in here watch Scandal? What kind of truly flawless series.

I just have one episode to go and I'll be all caught up. Every episode is just some kind of crazy shocker. I love itttttt.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
My GOD, does anyone else in here watch Scandal? What kind of truly flawless series.

I just have one episode to go and I'll be all caught up. Every episode is just some kind of crazy shocker. I love itttttt.

Anyone here who doesn't needs their gay card revoked.

Also, I want Olivia's giant wine glass. Apparently they sell them at Crate & Barrel. It's my Thanksgiving mission to obtain one.

Yooooooooooooooooooooo.

This is amazing. My only gripe is she didn't cover the entire song. Would have loved her take on the last third of he original song.
I agree. It's SO short – disappointingly so, really. A great cover though. I love it when artists really change things up for the better.

Yooooooooooooooooooooo.

This is amazing. My only gripe is she didn't cover the entire song. Would have loved her take on the last third of he original song.

Man, this is awesome. Is her music this dark and great?

Fuck a Lana.

Yeah, it's very much like this.

Her debut album is Pure Heroine, in stores now.

Qazaq

Banned
I had listened to Red back when it came out, gave it a brief playthrough.

But now I realize, holy shit, this album is really terrific.

I hadn't payed attention to Treacherous and All Too Well, or even Everything Has Changed initially.

When the single came out, I really came to love Everything Has Changed. It's great.
How did it take me so long to figure out Everything Has Changed is about Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran first meeting to write a song together?!

But then a few weeks back I was compiling a new playlist, and I put some songs from Red on it, and I gave a few a chance I hadn't before.

That song was Treacherous.

After one listen I was like "hm....it's pretty good, not bad", and after another listen I decided I liked it.

It wasn't until that recent expose on Taylor Swift that named "All Too Well" the centerpiece of Red that made me listen to it.

WOW!

I don't recall how Red was received at the time, but I didn't realize how fantastic an album it was until now.

- State of Grace, fantastic song, terrific writing, perfect intro to an album
- Red, great catchy blend of country and pop, the chorus reminds me of a slightly downtempo You Belong With Me
- Treacherous, really sweet, cute, and endearingly catchy. I'll follow you, follow you home / I'll follow you, follow you home
- I Knew You Were Trouble, SMASH
- All Too Well, WOW. What a terrific blend of that pop/acoustic sound with country-storytelling. Not only do we all realize how well written the song is, but that STRUCTURE!
- 22, I don't care, this is more than a bop, this is a jam, and for some reason is not given the writing credit that it's do; "We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time / It's miserable and magical, oh yeah" -- Capturing that early-20s Lena Dunham teas lbr
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, SMASH
- Holy Ground, so fun, so catchy, nice in its simplicity
- Everything Has Changed, SO cute, SO endearing, it's so nice to see a song about a male/female friendship. The remix is even better.
- Begin Again, "But you don't know how nice that is" takes my breath away every time

I had listened to Red back when it came out, gave it a brief playthrough.

But now I realize, holy shit, this album is really terrific.

I hadn't payed attention to Treacherous and All Too Well, or even Everything Has Changed initially.

When the single came out, I really came to love Everything Has Changed. It's great.
How did it take me so long to figure out Everything Has Changed is about Taylor Swift and Ed Sheeran first meeting to write a song together?!

But then a few weeks back I was compiling a new playlist, and I put some songs from Red on it, and I gave a few a chance I hadn't before.

That song was Treacherous.

After one listen I was like "hm....it's pretty good, not bad", and after another listen I decided I liked it.

It wasn't until that recent expose on Taylor Swift that named "All Too Well" the centerpiece of Red that made me listen to it.

WOW!

I don't recall how Red was received at the time, but I didn't realize how fantastic an album it was until now.

- State of Grace, fantastic song, terrific writing, perfect intro to an album
- Red, great catchy blend of country and pop, the chorus reminds me of a slightly downtempo You Belong With Me
- Treacherous, really sweet, cute, and endearingly catchy. I'll follow you, follow you home / I'll follow you, follow you home
- I Knew You Were Trouble, SMASH
- All Too Well, WOW. What a terrific blend of that pop/acoustic song with country-storytelling. Not only do we all realize how well written the song is, but that STRUCTURE!
- 22, I don't care, this is more than a bop, this is a jam, and for some reason is not given the writing credit that it's do; "We're happy, free, confused, and lonely at the same time / It's miserable and magical, oh yeah" -- Capturing that early-20s Lena Dunham teas for lbr
- We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together, SMASH
- Holy Ground, so fun, so catchy, nice in its simplicity
- Everything Has Changed, SO cute, SO endearing, it's so nice to see a song about a male/female friendship. The remix is even better.
- Begin Again, "But you don't know how nice that is" takes my breath away every time

The Lord has converted another.

Bladenic

Scandal is GOAT. Perched for you to catch up. The end of last week's episode, I fell.

Bladenic

O, let me go look for it to turn in.

Actually, I need some new shows to watch. I have yet to start Masters of Sex. Maybe I'll add Scandal to the list.

DO IT!!! I hated the first two episodes and the first season on a whole is a bit lackluster, but starting with S2, it becomes a non stop "holy fuck did that happen" ride.

CRS

The Tears for Fears fan in me still likes the original but it's such a refreshing take on it that, like you said, it brings some new life into it.

It's like the Gary Jules and Michael Andrews cover of 'Mad world'. It's an amazing song but I'll always prefer the original.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
O, let me go look for it to turn in.

Actually, I need some new shows to watch. I have yet to start Masters of Sex. Maybe I'll add Scandal to the list.
The first half of season one can be a bit rough. You'll be really enjoying it by the end of the season though, and season two is AMAZING.

I've actually had a hard time with season three tbh, but I'm sticking it out.

Aguila

#ICONIC
But wait at this ARTPOP OT. Flawless. ;_;

But Vitas? Seriously.

And who is that blue faced person in front of the "F"

And I'm screaming at the Island Brothel.

Bladenic

The first half of season one can be a bit rough. You'll be really enjoying it by the end of the season though, and season two is AMAZING.

I've actually had a hard time with season three tbh, but I'm sticking it out.

Why? It's been ending me every week. Also Mellie slays, what a bad bitch.

Scandal is GOAT. Perched for you to catch up. The end of last week's episode, I fell.

Omg I can't wait. The second to last episode (the Mellie one) was jusT... I still cannot.

Yeah, season 1 is very good but it doesn't truly hit its stride until season 2. Season 2 is just a constant rollercoaster ride.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Why? It's been ending me every week. Also Mellie slays, what a bad bitch.
I'm over the
spy
bullshit. The story lines were over the top to begin with, but
B613
has run its course IMO. I really hope all of that gets resolved by the end of season three.

I also don't really care for Mellie. I'm usually here for the bitchy characters, but there's something completely unlikeable about her to me. And every time I start to like her more, they ruin her with something new. The
rape
bit was SO FORCED and incredibly predictable as soon as that scene started. Sure, I felt bad for her, but it was so manufactured and written so that we'd feel bad for her.

Bladenic

I'm over the
spy
bullshit. The story lines were over the top to begin with, but
B613
has run its course IMO. I really hope all of that gets resolved by the end of season three.

I also don't really care for Mellie. I'm usually here for the bitchy characters, but there's something completely unlikeable about her to me. And every time I start to like her more, they ruin her with something new. The
rape
bit was SO FORCED and incredibly predictable as soon as that scene started. Sure, I felt bad for her, but it was so manufactured and written so that we'd feel bad for her.

Everything's Coming Up Mellie made me stan her for life tbh.

Kyon

Banned
Can y'all NOT and take it to the FLOP Scandal OT that only the 3 other true Gladiators including me post in?

Partition

Banned
'Do What U Want' music video set for Dec 3rd release

The video for Lady Gaga and R. Kelly's duet "Do What U Want," which appears on the former's new record Artpop, will see release on December 3rd through a unique "BitTorrent Bundle" courtesy of the file sharing service and Vice.
Directed by Terry Richardson, the video will be made available in the package alongside photos and 4K video that document the making of the clip, as well as exclusive interviews with Gaga and Richardson.

Though the "Do What You Want" package is being billed as Vice and BitTorrent's first bundle, the two companies announced a similar project with Madonna back in September: The pop star offered up a 17-minute film secretprojectrevolution, as well as plenty of bonus material, as a way to kick off her new Art for Freedom initiative.
In the statement announcing the "Do What U Want" video, the bundle was described as a way to "explore the link between open expression and open technology; providing an inside look at the creative process, with original film, music, archival content and behind-the-scenes footage direct from artists."
Gaga and Kelly have been promoting "Do What U Want" all over the place recently,performing the song at the American Music Awards – set in a sexy oval office no less – as well as during Gaga's recent turn as host and musical guest on Saturday Night Live.
"I felt that it was somewhat of a sexual song, but on a classy tip, you know?" Kelly toldRolling Stone about the song. "Because I have a lot of sexual classics myself. But this, it had a rock funkiness, and somehow, magically, an R&B-ish feel to it. I was just amazed by it."

It will be released exclusively through a torrent with a bunch of behind the scenes stuff included

Can y'all NOT and take it to the FLOP Scandal OT that only the 3 other true Gladiators including me post in?

I honestly couldn't find it in search. LOL

And YAAAAAAS @ December 3rd. I have a feeling this video's gonna be something special. After Applause's flawless video, I'm hoping for a two-for-two.

How fitting that Gaga is using a system that's commonly used to steal.

Nnnnnnn. Not too much on the good sis.

Kyon

Banned
Dis bitch.... SMDH

Also yet again trying to release something on the day Shitney releases BJ. Not that anyone will buy BJ anyway but STILL Stefani is a desperate mess and idk why I ever give her the benefit of the doubt sometimes

How fitting that Gaga is using a system that's commonly used to steal.

Mhm

Dis bitch.... SMDH

Also yet again trying to release something on the day Shitney releases BJ. Not that anyone will buy BJ anyway but STILL Stefani is a desperate mess and idk why I ever give her the benefit of the doubt sometimes

Mhm

She wants to make sure pop fans have something to do that day.

Mumei

Does anyone remember that gif of a woman in a church with her hand raised up, face gazing sort of upwards, with her eyes shut? Sorry if this is too vague; I'll find the clip on Youtube if no one can remember it.

xaosslug

Does anyone remember that gif of a woman in a church with her hand raised up, face gazing sort of upwards, with her eyes shut? Sorry if this is too vague; I'll find the clip on Youtube if no one can remember it.

this?

iSEZGqrp1JpgV.gif

or that?

ibnlqUnvbGFaoV.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom