• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fey

Banned
1 7 LADY GAGA INTERSCOPE 50,154

81% drop
Biggest drop of 2013
4th biggest drop of all time

7 17 CHRISTINA AGUILERA RCA 54,119

Kyon

Banned
Even the biggest name in pop music can flop now. Nobody's safe.

You're next, Taylor.

The only reason Taylor will never flop is because she's always had the always loyal and never flip flopping Country audience behind her. If she didn't have that and was only a pop girl she would've been irrelevant by now.

botty

Banned
19 14 MARY J. BLIGE VERVE 30,520 +92%

iF49kqQZB0d5u.gif

Psyduck.gif

This thread... Me confoozed.

RIP RATPOOP, We hardly knew ye.

So can we say ARTPOP got BIONICLED?

Oh, what delicious reversal of fortunes.

Also, buy a Wii U bitchez. SMW3D is IMMACULATE. I bought it with 10 other games BYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE.

It's why it's pointless for people to wish Floppage upon her. It will never happen. She hit that market and is reaping all the benefits. She's on track to becoming a country music icon and Legend if she keeps this up

Yeah, I don't really see how she can flop. She has two huge dedicated fan bases, those being the pop scene and the country scene, tons of radio play, and catchy songs that help her sell albums like there's no tomorrow.

I firmly believe that if WANEGBT hadn't smashed Red would have done ARTPOP numbers.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
Y'all are joking right? Country is a dedicated fan base, yes...until they turn on you for leaving Country music. She needs to be careful she doesn't stray too far from Country, or they'll jump ship.

In fact, now that I've typed that, I bet she's already lost a good number of Country fans. They've just been replaced by even more fans who like Pop and AC.

I Knew You Were God is kind of brought down by its chorus. The verses have great songwriting, though.

We Are Never Ever Getting Back Together is just tragic and embarrassing all around.

Y'all are joking right? Country is a dedicated fan base, yes...until they turn on you for leaving Country music. She needs to be careful she doesn't stray too far from Country, or they'll jump ship.

In fact, now that I've typed that, I bet she's already lost a good number of Country fans. They've just been replaced by even more fans who like Pop and AC.

If she makes something with the same vibe as Red she will do fine. It's a nice borderline between pop and country.

It's why it's pointless for people to wish Floppage upon her. It will never happen. She hit that market and is reaping all the benefits. She's on track to becoming a country music icon and Legend if she keeps this up

True. She has the exact same cross-over trajectory as Shania Twain. Come On Over was such a monster because she appealed to two huge demographics at the same time. You can also argue the same for Beyonce because she appeals to both pop and R&B/hip-hop fans, though I don't think the latter is as dedicated a fan base. Hell even the pop fanbase is fickle too.

Fey

Banned
All the pop girls' latest album's second week sales:

Red - 344k
4 - 115k
Prism - 92k
Femme Fatale - 77k
Unapologetic - 72k
Bangerz - 72k
Lotus - 54k
ARTPOP - 50k

lan5.gif

Zutroy

I wanna dance till my body ache
A little bit longer
Turn you on, make you radiate
A little bit stronger
Show you how I want ya
Show you how I want ya
Show you how I want ya
Show you how I want ya
Till my body ache!

tumblr_mnnrkc9TIx1r3ty02o1_500.gif

Whoa at the second week numbers. Little Monsters are definitely on suicide watch now.

A little bit longer
Turn you on, make you radiate
A little bit stronger
Show you how I want ya
Show you how I want ya
Show you how I want ya
Show you how I want ya
Till my body ache!

tumblr_mnnrkc9TIx1r3ty02o1_500.gif

YAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSS. I've just started looping it again. God is real.

Yado

All the pop girls' latest album's second week sales:

Red - 344k
4 - 115k
Prism - 92k
Femme Fatale - 77k
Unapologetic - 72k
Bangerz - 72k
Lotus - 54k
ARTPOP - 50k

How embarrassing for Gaga. It's time for a stunt sis, desperate times.

Peru

The only reason Taylor will never flop is because she's always had the always loyal and never flip flopping Country audience behind her. If she didn't have that and was only a pop girl she would've been irrelevant by now.

Maybe before, although not so much when you think of the younger demographic - but now she's expanded her audience in the US and across the world, so I doubt it.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
ARTPOP's week two sales are below Lotus'? That's tragic. I think it's actually a pretty great CD. I'm so excited to see her in April
as long as she doesn't "break a hip" again.

How embarrassing for Gaga. It's time for a stunt sis, desperate times.
No... I think stunts are what got her into this slump. (I should note that I enjoy most of ARTPOP.)

The mainstream audience clearly wants something more like The Fame Monster. It was good, solid music with theatrical performances, but aside from some of her videos, she wasn't getting too artsy yet.

She doesn't need a stunt. She needs to reign it in.

Matt_

World's #1 One Direction Fan: Everyone else in the room can see it, everyone else but you~~~
Those numbers are a TRAVESTY
She and it deserved better. The BTW era obviously turned her toxic.

canocha

Full tracks from Christmas With Love streaming

Leona on "Ave Maria"

"Mr. Right" is track of the year material.

Mr. Right is really catchy!

I actually love all the original songs, but i'm not a fan of Winter Wonderland (too much background "noise")

I'm waiting for O Holy Night, she already sang it live @ the Energy Stars for Free 2013, but something went wrong... mike too low, they dumped like a ton of snow on her when she was singing too!
I think she kinda gave up on One More Sleep...

Performances here.

Yado

ARTPOP's week two sales are below Lotus'? That's tragic. I think it's actually a pretty great CD. I'm so excited to see her in April
as long as she doesn't "break a hip" again.

No... I think stunts are what got her into this slump. (I should note that I enjoy most of ARTPOP.)

The mainstream audience clearly wants something more like The Fame Monster. It was good, solid music with theatrical performances, but aside from some of her videos, she wasn't getting too artsy yet.

She doesn't need a stunt. She needs to reign it in.

I was kidding about the stunts but I don't think there's anything left for her to reign in. I mean, have you seen the live performances for this album? She needs to turn it up, the public is bored.

The songs on ARTPOP are there (Gypsy, Venus, G.U.Y. and MANiCURE desperately need radio exposure) she just needs to get her promo momentum in check.

She's become so much more famous for her persona than her music at this point that the need for her singles to impress is really elevated. Applause was too slow a burn, and DWUW seems to be as well. None of those songs clicked instantly with the general public and because of it they're not triggering album sales.

I do believe that Gypsy can be an instant success. And considering that not a lot of people have the album yet, it won't fall on familiar ears. I'm hoping the DWUW video gets the song to the forefront coz if not then she better pack that shit up and give us a great Gypsy video.

Weapxn

Mikkelsexual
I was kidding about the stunts but I don't think there's anything left for her to reign in. I mean, have you seen the live performances for this album? She needs to turn it up, the public is bored.
Sorry, I should have clarified. I think she needs to reign in her artsy ideals. Tone down the "This is art. I'm an artist." attitude that tends to just come across as pretentious and give us real theatrical performances like she used to.

The AMA Do What U Want performance was a step in the right direction IMO. Not quite there, but almost.

I do believe that Gypsy can be an instant success.
So much THIS it hurts my soul that we even have to discuss it. Why wasn't this her first single? Ugh.

It wasn't the first single because Gaga and her label haven't been able to pick singles since The Fame Monster.

I don't know what has impaired their judgment so much, but damn.

Yado

Sorry, I should have clarified. I think she needs to reign in her artsy ideals. Tone down the "This is art. I'm an artist." attitude that tends to just come across as pretentious and give us real theatrical performances like she used to.

The AMA Do What U Want performance was a step in the right direction IMO. Not quite there, but almost.

I've always felt the same about the artsy thing especially since it doesn't translate well to her music or her performances. I thought the AMA performance was boring, she needs to start performing her music with the intent to entertain instead of adding unnecessary shit that doesn't elevate what she's trying to do. Basically if it's not exciting, don't do it.
This is why I was so annoyed when she spent most of the Gypsy SNL performance sitting at a piano. Why?

Mau ®

Botty sis why didn't you ever tell me King Jared covered the Queen's "Stay"?

It's flawless ;___;

He better do it at my show ;___;

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom