• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFPOP |OT8| Don't Forget the self-clockiesT of 'em all_

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mau ®

Emeli Sande's new haircut tho...

IoIiIvy.png

Yado

How could you know what it feels like
To fight the hounds of hell?
You think you know me so well
How could you know what it feels like
To be outside yourself?
You think you know me so well
I just want you to realize I blame, I blame myself
Blame, blame, blame myself
I blame, I blame, blame myself forrrrrrrrrrr my reputation

iooRzgMkJm8yE.gif

Gaben, save us.

They're clearly saving the Half Life 3 megaton for last.

i4zaCm6SUbtsV.gif

[edit]: This gif...

ihWMTOmCnsTz4.gif

[edit 2]: Screaming at the VGX thread turning into Internet Music Wars Number 223435676855645342342231

Sis, the Game of Thrones Telltale game got announced.

Slay a bit.

ihWMTOmCnsTz4.gif

How did I miss this announcement!? Yaaaassssss <333. I really hope it's not going to have any action though, I just want to have conversations about the state of the kingdom and make horribly emotional decisions about whose life to save.

I agree. Miley making a complete fool of herself is downright mundane at this point.

No one's shocked anymore. No one cares. She better think up her next schtick fast and it better be a good one.

Alternatively, the Vyrus could try to improve her vocal abilities and thus improve her music and her craft.

But she seems to enjoy twerking with her pancake ass more than that.

royalan

Ba7hXe7CMAAhQjd.png:large

Yas Lily Allen. Go in on these buffoons.

Cry more, Lily.

The fact that they snubbed that flavor-of-the-month troll really shows what a true honor it is for the Grammy committee to think you are the complete package from the moment you step on the scene.

tqC50Fl.jpg

Alternatively, the Vyrus could try to improve her vocal abilities and thus improve her music and her craft.

But she seems to enjoy twerking with her pancake ass more than that.

It looked like she was doing that before the last few months happened--that clip of her singing Jolene was pretty decent. When she stays in her lane and doesn't do anything terribly ambitious vocally she can be alright.

Yeah, I've read the books. I'm not ready for what happens to (BOOK SPOILERS)
Ygritte
next season :(

Also Miley will be so irrelevant that she'll have to resort to being the next Azealia Banks on Twitter.

GoT is such a slow descent into misery for almost every character, it's sad that you can basically say that about everyone :I.

I'd get a lot more entertainment out of Miley if she was just beefing with people on Twitter (but with Rihanna style replies, not those shitty low blows about mental illness). I'm sure Rih has had many more impressive moments but this pops up all the time on those VH1 or E! 40 best celebrity feud shows and it always kills me.
I kind of love Azealia, though she makes it difficult every time she opens her big dumb mouth

ciara-rihanna-all.png

DMeisterJ

Banned
Cry more, Lily.

The fact that they snubbed that flavor-of-the-month troll really shows what a true honor it is for the Grammy committee to think you are the complete package from the moment you step on the scene.

tqC50Fl.jpg

She should be crying anyway. Winning a Grammy for BNA means very little in the long run. Rihanna didn't win, and look at all the acclaim and success that she's been working hard for.

Miley can sing though. She just chooses not to. I think.

???? Why would you do this? It's not like a Britney Spears thing where there was a lot of spectacle to make up for it.

EDIT: Well, she does spectacle but I guess I don't find it that impressive. I am not here for her weird Tim and Eric shit.

I agree.

The funny thing is, as crazy as Miley's antics have been, whenever she performs these days you can hear major vocal improvement over her past eras, which implies a lot more discipline than people seem to want to give her credit for.

I mean, there was a point in time when she was a worse singer than Taylor Swift. Now Taylor could never.

Holy shit I forgot that Taylor song existed. I will definitely admit she's really improved, I remember she performed The Climb years ago on some show and it was absolutely dreadful. She's a lot better these days. Taylor could never tho? Strong words... ;p

royalan

Did you honestly just insinuate that Miley is a better vocalist than Taylor?

76982-hunger-games-I-volunteer-gif-79FD.gif

Yeah, I did.

Miley's voice is stronger, more resonant, with a richer tone and in a more recent performances I've heard fewer pitch issues than when she was younger.

Neither girl is touching the top tier of pop vocalists, but Miley is LEAGUES better than Taylor now.

I mean...Miley's vocals in FU shit on anything Taylor has done or could ever do.

EDIT: Damn, listening to FU again...damn good vocal performance from Miley in that one.

Yeah, I did.

Miley's voice is stronger, more resonant, with a richer tone and in a more recent performances I've heard fewer pitch issues than when she was younger.

Neither girl is touching the top tier of pop vocalists, but Miley is LEAGUES better than Taylor now.

I mean...Miley's vocals in FU shit on anything Taylor has done or could ever do.

EDIT: Damn, listening to FU again...damn good vocal performance from Miley in that one.

She might be the most improved, but I would hardly say that she has a richer tone. She sounds like she struggles to hit almost every note. Miley's voice is more pronounced but a little overbearing.

Taylor's voice is softer, but she has more control and doesn't sound like dying animal.

Her vocals in All Too Well shit on anything Miley has done or could ever do.

royalan

Bladenic

Did you forget Miley's VMA performance already?

The thing is, that performance was not meant to be a vocal showcase. She's done performances this era where she just stood there singing. And they were better than Taylor's.

Not that either are coming for any wigs, but Miley is definitely a better singer than Taylor.

The thing is, that performance was not meant to be a vocal showcase. She's done performances this era where she just stood there singing. And they were better than Taylor's.

Not that either are coming for any wigs, but Miley is definitely a better singer than Taylor.

I will agree with you that Miley's acoustic performances are good, but Taylor seems to struggle less when hitting notes and has a softer voice that carries better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2nfJS3wKeEc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom