• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date
I wonder how the face unlock is going to affect battery life considering it has to use the front camera every time. What about in the dark?

DXPett1

Copernicus said:
Galaxy Nexus.....sonsofbitches

Guessing its Google's way for stroking Samsung's cock after the purchase of Motorola (keep them from ditching Android, going with WP7/Bada)

SRG01

I just got my AWS Nexus S too!

Ah well, I'm probably not upgrading. Just getting ICS would be enough :)

nib95 said:
So is it using the rumoured over clocked Mali?

So far extremely disappointed. Feel like we're basically getting end of the line old tech before it's all replaced in a few months. But I guess I'll wait to see the quality of the camera on offer before deciding, since MP's aren't everything.

The Nexus line has never been cutting edge.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Emily Chu said:
I wonder what if someone took a picture of you and just held it front of the phone : P ?

I was just thinking the same thing. Either way, if it's really fast, it could be a cool feature.

gcubed

nib95 said:

So far extremely disappointed. Feel like we're basically getting end of the line old tech before it's all replaced in a few months. But I guess I'll wait to see the quality of the camera on offer before deciding, since MP's aren't everything.
no, overclocked 540. The specs haven't changed, just stupid rumors

Paznos

nib95 said:

It's the one of the first phones to use the OMAP 4460.... and guess what even the OMAP 5 will have a lesser GPU than what's in the iphone 4S fyi, and that's not available til the 2nd half of 2012.

Niks

So any ideas as on why is the camera is only 5mp?
I know pixels aren't everything, but does it have a bigger sensor or something to make up for the megapixels?

zedge

Niks said:
So any ideas as on why is the camera is only 5mp?
I know pixels aren't everything, but does it have a bigger sensor or something to make up for the megapixels?

Something is different as it does 1080p video, no other 5mp on a phone has done that afaik.

nib95

Banned
Engadget said:
According to an anonymous Google employee, that 4.65-inch Super AMOLED HD display mentioned above is just about the only spec to make the final cut. The processor, however, is more likely to be a dual-core 1.5GHz Exynos (that's right) with an accompanying dual-core PowerVR SGX543MP2 graphics chip. That rear facing camera? Try 8 megapixels with a newly beefed up sensor. The handset should also ship with a girthy 2,050mAh battery fully capable of juicing this apparent LTE / CDMA / GSM Android monster.

If only...

:(

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
Funk the phone... It's always been all about ICS anwyays...

PS: I'll join you people if you post a public g+ hangout link.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So everyone were videochatting through hangout. Join if you want. add copernicus, gcubed, or me to your g + list and lets do it!

Circle T

To keep things consistent for my day, I'm going to start a G+ Hangout link, but then share it with no one, and then wonder why no one will join ;)

Cipherr

I really really neeeeeed them to announce 4.0 is designed to work with dual cores efficiently, and that there is hardware acceleration.

Give me that and IMO they now have all the major and required building blocks for a grade A operating system. The rest is unimportant as you can already customize nearly everything else about Android. But get native HW Accel in for crying out loud. Then when the first 1280x720p RGBG Super AMOLED screen ships on a phone, I can buy it.

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So I'm gonna host it and and copernicus said he'll get everyone in.

Top Bottom