• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

SRG01

Do I really have to add you guys to join the hangout? I don't really want to break my hermit-like presence on G+ :lol

fugimax

For those trying to hangout:

Create a *public* hangout and paste a link to it here. Anyone with the link (up to 10 people) can join.

Circle T

I hope where it says "Specifications may be different on LTE version" they just mean with the radio. I really like the look of it, and want that on VZW.

SUPREME1

Banned
- I'm on the Youtube page, there's weird music and a stand by message. So I'm gonna see this right? I don't want to stay on this page and the entire thing goes by and I'm stuck with this message and nothing else..

- Is Nexus going to be on Sprint?

- Will an ICS update be available for the Evo Shift 4G? (Sprint)

- Why the hell isn't it MORE curved? wat happan mang?

Thanks to whoever answers!

CaLe

Can't wait... I sold my iPhone 4 and now I'm on my 3G, crying everyday, but I'm sure this will be worth it.

Please, be awesome, and most importantly of all, release soon :)

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Anyone know the schedule for this thing? Will ICS be shown off first or will it be the phone? I really don't care about the phone very much.

nib95 said:
Give away a whole new market of potential disgruntled iPhone users (like me). Also, isn't the iPhone's market share also increasing? Just because you're doing well doesn't mean you can't find ways to do better.

I agree with your sentiment man, i got the sg2 and i looks at the galaxy nexus spec and i must agree only the HD screen of the nexus is above the gs2, everything else is underwhelming considering the fact that the GS2 is out for like 5 months and the GS2 HD LTE is coming out soon with a HD screen, LTE, a 1.5 Exynos duo core CPU and i think if this things have ICS then what's the point of the Galaxy Nexus beside from google early update? I just feels like Google is missing an opportunity here with the disgruntled iphone fan who was underwhelmed with the spec of the Iphone 4s and looking to jumping ship. But lets see in 5 mins before we judge it in its entirety.

ShdwDrake

Banned
sleeping_dragon said:
I agree with your sentiment man, i got the sg2 and i looks at the galaxy nexus spec and i must agree only the HD screen of the nexus is above the gs2, everything else is underwhelming considering the fact that the GS2 is out for like 5 months and the GS2 HD LTE is coming out soon with a HD screen, LTE, a 1.5 Exynos duo core CPU and i think if this things have ICS then what's the point of the Galaxy Nexus beside from google early update? I just feels like Google is missing an opportunity here with the disgruntled iphone fan who was underwhelmed with the spec of the Iphone 4s and looking to jumping ship. But lets see in 5 mins before we judge it in its entirety.

Nexus Phones are just a benchmark. They will never be the "Top Teir" phone. I'm in for the pure Google experience though.

SRG01

sleeping_dragon said:

Specs were never the Nexus line's selling point. It's vanilla Android which sells.

I think I'm going to wait until June 2012 before I update. I got the thunderbolt on a one year contract and I'm really happy that I did. I really want an android phone with godly specs and a sexy screen, but since the Vita is coming out around the same time my contract ends I'll just get a Vita and hopefully that should hold me over until June.

nib95

Banned
ShdwDrake said:
Nexus Phones are just a benchmark. They will never be the "Top Teir" phone. I'm in for the pure Google experience though.

To me this seems like another way of saying it's a pointless lacklustre upgrade (or downgrade depending on what you're after) and only buy it if you want pure non rooted Google software.

It's literally a pointless filler just to get the ball rolling.

Husker86

Infernodash said:
I think I'm going to wait until June 2012 before I update. I got the thunderbolt on a one year contract and I'm really happy that I did. I really want an android phone with godly specs and a sexy screen, but since the Vita is coming out around the same time my contract ends I'll just get a Vita and hopefully that should hold me over until June.

I did the same. Upgrade available in January? Gonna be hard not to jump on the first 720P phone!

Agentnibs

BigFwoosh said:
I'm kinda digging the late night announcement. Makes it feel like Christmas Eve or something.

I like it too lol.

It's a bummer that everything has been leaked already but it'll still be nice to see

Cipherr

sleeping_dragon said:

In your example, why doesnt the person buy an HD Galaxy 2 and then grab the ICS update when its available?

Timan

Developer
I sure hope theres a better stream, the youtube.com/android one is so far back u can't see shit.

Top Bottom