• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Galaxy Nexus |OT|

• Thread starter Deleted member 22576
  • Start date

ThatObviousUser

ὁ αἴσχιστος παῖς εἶ
Screen is HD Super AMOLED. :) Unbelievers said it couldn't be done.

4.65 inches... so awesome.

teiresias

4.65", wow Packing Ham!!

TWIT is also playing the live stream, of course, you have to put up with a little talking over it (but not much).

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
So it was great vidchatting with you folks, but my bandwidth just can't handle it. Gonna watch the show and then we can compare notes afterwards!

nib95

Banned
teiresias said:
I've been using my EVO since it was released and really don't get these "laggy" UI complaints that always come up. It seems fine to me (and yes, I've owned an iPhone).

My dads Galaxy S2 definitely has a momentary split second lag when you're flicking through pages on the home page. It's only slight but it is a tad jarring compared to the iPhone which has no lag what-so-ever. I assumed Ice Cream Sandwich would eradicate this issue.

EDIT: Contrast ratio and response time is impressive though.

xtop

As to overall performance, we saw a good deal of stutter in the Galaxy Nexus before us. Taps were not always recognized and there were occasional delays in performing an instruction, though in Google’s defense, it was a phone fully loaded with running tasks and the software is being continually improved and optimized (i.e. it’s not yet fully baked). That having been said, it unfortunately remains the case that Android isn’t as swift and responsive as iOS or Windows Phone (or even MeeGo Harmattan on the N9). Or at least it wasn’t on the demo phone we got a look at. The subtle, pervasive lag that has characterized the Android UI since it inception is still there, which is not a heartening thing to hear when you’re talking about a super-powered dual-core device like the Galaxy Nexus.

http://thisismynext.com/2011/10/18/galaxy-nexus-android-ice-cream-sandwich-pictures-video-hands-on/

:(

D

Deleted member 22576

Unconfirmed Member
Whoa he directly referenced the hspda+ mode lin reference to thinnes. TWO PHONES CONFIRMED?@?!?!?!

Top Bottom