• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developers Choice Awards 2014 Thread: Watch Live March 19, 2014

aly

Papers, Don't Starve, and Towerfall were all excellent, so it would've been great for any of them. Wonder how many times Lucas Pope is going to be up there though?

wildfire

Banned
Never heard of Gorogora till now but I feel out of the ones nominated it was well deserved win.

I find it a bit questionable about when one of their nominees is AAA game. When will they stop saying dev names?

wildfire

Banned
Damn this Nuovo category just tells me there is a world of games that simply are too cool to be on Steam Greenlight.

aly

Those are some fairly unremarkable looking indie games.

I hate to say that I kinda agree. I don't know how to describe it, but it's kinda like quirkiness overload and everything starts running together. But there is some cool ones too that I'm hearing for the first time so that's good.

mind you AWP is the type of skit that has trigger warnings at the beginning of their videos. that should tell you everything.

lol, ok that makes sense. Had never heard of them before.

Freeman

Banned
Only now I realized this is IGF and not GDC awards. I was feeling bad for not having played most games.

NaviLink

I'm really out of the loop regarding indie games, I almost know none of them. I'm glad the IGF exists.

Regarding the award given to Sarkeesian, I don't think she deserves it, plain and simple.

edit: oh, NeoGAF nod. Your tie is fine, bro.

wildfire

Banned
I'm sure I'm not living under a rock. Last of Us would in a popularity contest for this year and not an indie game even one as good as Stanley's Parable.

Cartman86

Banned
Watching this makes me so happy about the different people creating such different and creative things... and then you read the twitch chat and it reminds you just how fucking lame our industry really is. It's not special compared to film or any other medium in this regard. People like to think so. They think since they were nerds growing up or since they know the secret language of the internet that they are immune to what happened to the mainstreaming of film. They are dead wrong.

Lucas Pope is just like stop giving me awards! I have nothing left to say! I only came for the free booze, food and the women!

I love the hosts jokes about AAA games versus indie

Gone home versus The Last of Us

Hope those poor AAA games can win something :'(

Top Bottom