• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Developers Choice Awards 2014 Thread: Watch Live March 19, 2014

aly

Those attacks against Anita were wrong. However, her videos are misleading and inaccurate. She did'nt do anything to deserve this imo. Sit down Druckman.

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
I have to say it, Anita Sarkeesian is a joke. I hope she is surprised to receive that award, she definitely didn't deserve it and I can honestly say I do not see the impact she's had on the videogame industry in general. She doesn't belong there.

Hupsel

Man Im not sexist at all but the videogame industry is trying hard as hell to put any women in the spotlight every chance they get. At least get something for Amy Hennig then.

jett

D-Member
Compared to the BAFTAs this might as well be as awful as the VGA's.

I guess the morale is that America should just stop trying.

shwimpy

Abbie...

stop-stop.gif

Papers Please or Gone home? Oh the anticipation

I'm going with Papers Please

Lucas going to start rapping soon. I can feel it

Best Downloadable Game - Papers Please

I haven't actually seen her work, but if it's helped push for critical analysis of games, I'm all for it.
As far as I remember she came under fire for misrepresenting games that she used in her videos, a lot of criticisms stemmed from people believing she hadn't played the games that were criticized.

I personally cannot stand her for the attitude she presents in her videos as opposed to her views.

It's a difficult space. I currently live with Psychology, Politics, Sports, Sociology and Journalism students and we often discuss things like this, funnily enough a lot of the women were arguing against women taking major roles as they found them less engaging than male (i was arguing the opposite - it was following a discussion about who should be the main characters in True Detective) and it's quite worrying how people write women off in consumable media.

I'm all for more female characters in video games, really, I just don't think having a 'damsel in distress' removal process would be good. I've been with my partner for a number of years now and I know I'd go to the ends of the Earth for her, love is one of the most powerful driving forces behind people (I'd say the other is revenge, fyi) and thus it's hugely powerful in gaming, movies, etc...

Top Bottom