• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
I feel like they should have made Jon's heritage more clear for the casual viewers. Even in this thread you have people asking who his father is, if he's a Stark or a Targaryen, who Lyanna meant with "He's gonna kill him" etc. Imagine how the super casual viewers will feel like.

Though I think if people paid attention it should be obvious to them

Faynwulf

Never felt that problem in earlier seasons
there were a flow on how things progressed

in this season people are all over the place, hence the teleportation reference
the show is quite lacking in the drama department without GRRM

The problem here is that the Books do a pretty great job in showing how much time has passed (most of the time) and now those are gone.
So it was probably a lot easier to convey that in the show. But now that there is probably only a 20 Site Summary for the rest of the plot... well. You see what happened.

Talas

I think Sansa thought for a second that Lady Mormont was talking about her... and that knowing look from Littlefinger, those two are going to cause so much trouble,

Kurdel

Banned
Same dad. Different mothers. In the US we call that step siblings or step brother and sister. Not sure where you are getting aunt.

What? Rheagar was a third sibling:

jon%20snow,%20iron%20throne,%20game%20of%20thrones.png

They didn't say Rhaegar. Her mumbling could not be heard. It's kinda shitty to tell people it is for sure at that point... let them reveal it next season.

They've said it on the show multiple times before. I mean, they even said he kidnapped and raped Lyanna in the 'previously on' segment...

RDreamer

I feel like they should have made Jon's heritage more clear for the casual viewers. Even in this thread you have people asking who his father is, if he's a Stark or a Targaryen, who Lyanna meant with "He's gonna kill him" etc. Imagine how the super casual viewers will feel like.

Fuck the super casuals lol. It was really obvious that's who his parents were before he reveal. Afterwards almost no one should not be clear on it.

purg3

slept with Malkin

Though I think if people pay attention it should be obvious what's going on

The ground work for this has been set since season 1, the lack of comprehension after non stop foreshadowing is something else.

Tabarin

Banned
But how Arya was able to be no one if she left? The fact that she brought one face with her makes it enough for her to use it?

Dany seems unstoppable with all things considered, but it's beyond obvious the white walkers will upset the balance of it all. Once she finds out that Jon has more of a claim to the throne than she does, things will also get very interesting.

If not for the slip up and the Red Wedding, Robb Stark's army may have actually defeated the Lannister's and their allies. I wonder how they'll handle things now that Cersei's forces are depleted, with fewer allies and a much much stronger force coming to invade. Will she last more than a few episodes or will she be a speed bump for the true war?

Curufinwe

Though I think if people pay attention it should be obvious what's going on

Nah, they made it very obvious going back to the "oh really" look Littlefinger gave Sansa when she said Rhaegar kidnapped and raped Lyanna. Then all the Tower of Joy stuff, e.g young Ned asking why Rhaegar would send his best men away in the middle of a war.

sixghost

So.. there's one important thing from all this drama that bears remembering. Aya has at least an extra face. Did she steal it from Bravos? Or more interestingly, can she make them herself?

Walder Frey mentioned that he didn't recognize her (the disguise), so that suggests she took faces from the hall.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
And this is why we can't have subtle storylines if that's what you honestly think. People need red YouTube arrows and circles for everything.
Or, just watch the 'previously ons'. Come on, HBO is reminding you of these details. I'm far from the best at remembering all the intricate family trees and alliances, but the important stuff isn't that hard to follow.

Dany seems unstoppable with all things considered, but it's beyond obvious the white walkers will upset the balance of it all. Once she finds out that Jon has more of a claim to the throne than she does, things will also get very interesting.

God this episode was such a perfect buildup. I cannot wait.

Are there anybody that watches GoT that are super casuals? GoT is a pop-culture commodity.

Also you can't cater to everyone now can you.

But how Arya was able to be no one if she left? The fact that she brought one face with her makes it enough for her to use it?

I assume they sprinkle the faces with some magic, and then anyone can use them. It's the only explanation for Arya using one to kill Trant, without completing her training.

I have plenty of criticism for this show, but I cannot say anything negative about the season finale, and ep 9. Just absolute brilliant execution. And I'm all over the ending music that just happens to be on youtube. It'll be on loop for a while.

casiopao

Nooooo my babe Margaery.T_T Curseee you GoT.T_T

Lady Mormont, the Queen of the North should get an oscar lol.

....who else feel that Sansha and LF is going to be Jon's foes next season here? Sansha face and LF expression is not showing any happiness lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom