• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT PART 2| Season 6 - [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that want the Tommen gif...

In the future it's going to remind me of the great boardroom gif, lol.

I think Season 6 is my favorite so far.

Me too.

So much for the complaint that Arya learned nothing over there.

Yup, they just could have shown her progression better. :)

Oh yeah and Arya killing that fucker felt gooooood.

Yeah!

Miguel Sapochnik needs to do more thrones episodes and they should bring other directors such as David Nutter(The Red Wedding), Alex Graves(The Children, Mountain vs Viper & The Lion and the Rose) and Neil Marshall(Black water, Watchers on the Wall)

sixghost

Jon is still a bastard. People seem to forget Rhaegar was married to Princess Elia Martell and the union between Lyanna and Rhaegar was never legitimate. Jon is illegitimate so Dany still has throne rights over him.

The show has established that the rules don't really matter unless you have the power to enforce them. Ned Stark had a scroll signed by Robert saying that Ned would rule the kingdom until Joffrey was older; Cersei tore that shit up and threw him in the dungeon. If everybody followed the rules, Ned and the Stark kids would still be hanging out in King's Landing because none of this ever would have happened.

Faynwulf

My interpretation of that exchange was Sansa realizing that Jon is now standing in Littlefinger's way, and that Jon is now in serious danger. Not that she is going to be in cahoots with him.

But I could be wrong.

Yeah thought exactly the same. Especially the way she smiled and was happy for Jon at the end, but as soon as she saw how Littlefinger looked at them, the smile faded. She's worried for Jon.

I think Jamie's conversation with Fray this episode and Tully last episode already had him doing some soul searching. Coming home to that travesty has to finally push him over the edge.

Tabarin

Banned
Jon being fireproof since he was resurrected by the lord of the light is a valid theory?

Would be cool if Daernerys tries to burn him and we discovered this cant be done...

and they will probably end up marring each other for the alliance agaisnth the Night king

BTW I don't care if it's nerdy me and my wife both cheered during the whole "King of the North" scene

The way it went from the Tower of Joy faded into adult Jon and then Lady Mormonts speech.....it was just too much awesome

pestul

When asked about who should she marry in Westeros Dany said something like "a girl is nobody". Dany and Arya wedding! lol

Am I the only one that thought when Jaqen H'ghar got his protege's body back that his little reaction was a classic, your training is complete, kind of look regarding Arya?

Faynwulf

Jon is still a bastard. People seem to forget Rhaegar was married to Princess Elia Martell and the union between Lyanna and Rhaegar was never legitimate. Jon is illegitimate so Dany still has throne rights over him.

Targaryens are know to (sometimes) have more than one Wife. Like Rhaenys and Visenya that were both married to Aegon the Conqueror. (and his sisters... but still.) Wouldn't be unheard of.

Someone please explain to me the jon being born scene. My wife and I are confused

Jon is the son of Lyanna Stark and Rhaegar Targaryen, who either kidnapped and raped her or ran away with her as lovers. Because Robert wanted to kill all Targaryens, and because Lyanna was promised to him, he would have killed Jon if he found out the truth. So, Ned lied and claimed the child as his.

casiopao

There hasn't been any indication that Sansa is hungry for power at all. In fact, in this very episode she told Jon that it should be him, and that he's a Stark in her mind.

I hoped that is true here. As i feel that Jon should get some break after all the bad things that happen to him last season.

If Sansha is going to align himself with Jon, i can see next season will be LF vs Sansha there. Where Jon who had zero idea on how to play the game, will be protected by Sansha versus LF who tried to pull him down.

Nizz

Miguel Sopachnik is a name I'm definitely going to remember from here on when I watch this show. Episode 9 and now this one were two of the best shot, paced and maybe acting-wise episodes ever. And that's saying something as long as this show has been on.

Now I'm worried we're going to lose him to feature film directing now, lol. The man is talented I'll give him that. And can I say just how good the music has been these last two episodes also? That theme that played last week just as Jon pulls out his sword to take on Bolton's army before both cavalries clashed. And this episode's music was amazing as well.

God damn it's going to be a long wait till next season...

spock

Question...do all Targaryens have that symbiotic relationship with dragons? Will Dany's dragons some how sense Jon is half Targaryen?

Calm Mind

My interpretation of that exchange was Sansa realizing that Jon is now standing in Littlefinger's way, and that Jon is now in serious danger. Not that she is going to be in cahoots with him.

But I could be wrong.

I got that same feeling. I was like yay! but then I saw that look he gave Sansa and I was like OH SHIT!

Yeah I hope Sansa is being set up as Jon's protection for next season. For as good of a man as he is and a Beast of doom on the battlefield he is not a strategist / player of the game.

If Jon doesn't have someone to protect him from Littlefingers schemes he is doomed

Haribi

Why isn't there a Star Wars RPG? And wouldn't James Bond make for a pretty good FPS?
Someone please explain to me the jon being born scene. My wife and I are confused

Lyanna was married to Robert Baratheon. Rhaegar Targaryen, the Mad Kings son and Dany's brother, had an eye for Lyanna and "kidnapped" and "raped" her (at least that's what the stories tell us). This was what essentially caused Roberts Baratheon and the downfall of House Targaryen. She got pregnant by Rhaegar and gave birth to Jon but because Robert Baratheon intended to kill every single Targaryen, she made Ned promise to raise him as his own and keep his Targaryen heritage a secret.

So Jon is Dany's nephew.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom