• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 8 |OT| A Song of Icy and Fiery Fandom

Dacon

Banned
If you watch the scene again, Arya literally just appears behind the Night King, she doesnt come out of the trees.

Kenpachii

Wow this is amazing looking

He says "they killed the night king in 1 episode". What do you want them to do? Stab him in 1 episode and have him bleed out in the next? They fought him a few times. That statement doesnt make any sense

yea these people make no sense.

Also let my dad watch the series, he heard about it on the radio and he wanted to see the last episode as he heard it was amazing.

He doesn't know anything about game of thrones at all. And all he said was yea this your typical 2019 feminist political correct zombie show :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kids, woman rules, dwarf, black people, crippled, woman fighters in the middle ages. Then woman sorcerer and a woman kid killing off the bad guy. With some filler white guys that are just there to die.

Then the trailer at the end, oh look another woman that rules with a "king probably that is her slave most likely". :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
If you watch the scene again, Arya literally just appears behind the Night King, she doesnt come out of the trees.

The room when Arya with Melisandre and Hound seems like its from second/third floor

Wish anyone here know more about Winterfell map

She could see NK when shes heading to the forest and climb down silently behind him

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm still devastated that we won't get the NK winning at the end. I hoped that he would turn Jon as well.

Oh well, now that the NK won't win the throne Im not sure who else I would like to see on it.

Kenpachii

The room when Arya with Melisandre and Hound seems like its from second/third floor

She could see NK when shes heading to the forest and climb down silently behind him

It was clear to me that she was moving as a white walker turned his head around before she strook him. The part before it where she moves in stealth through that library showcases she can deceieve white walkers perfectly fine.

It was a nice setup.

I'm still devastated that we won't get the NK winning at the end. I hoped that he would turn Jon as well.

Oh well, now that the NK won't win the throne Im not sure who else I would like to see on it.

The most annoying part i think is that so many main characters are still alive. I aspected SAM to die off, dany or john to die off, a few main characters in the crips to die off, that big woman soldier to die off.

Yet not much died at the end of the day which seems odd and go against what the writing was originally trying to push out with game of thrones.

Last edited:

20cent

Banned
Why does the red woman perish after the battle? Was her magic tied to the elvish snow dude/night king?

Everything serves a "purpose" to conveniently avoid any explanations:

-Beric keeps being resuscitated? He has a purpose...
-Jon Snow doing something? purpose...
-Arya here, because she has a purpose...
-Theon? You are here because you were supposed to be h- purpose

She said that she would be dead by dawn, she served her purpose during the battle, so she has no reason to stay alive... she canceled the spell that kept her young (and alive?)

blu

Wants the largest console games publisher to avoid Nintendo's platforms.
yea these people make no sense.

Also let my dad watch the series, he heard about it on the radio and he wanted to see the last episode as he heard it was amazing.

He doesn't know anything about game of thrones at all. And all he said was yea this your typical 2019 feminist political correct zombie show :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Kids, woman rules, dwarf, black people, crippled, woman fighters in the middle ages. Then woman sorcerer and a woman kid killing off the bad guy. With some filler white guys that are just there to die.

Then the trailer at the end, oh look another woman that rules with a "king probably that is her slave most likely". :messenger_loudly_crying:
I practie historical fencing and combatives in real life -- swords, bucklers, staves -- those sots of things. One of the top 4 performers in the fencing school is a girl less than 2/3rds my kilos. Feel free to inform your dad of that ; )

Basic fact: weapons (the more advanced -- the more true that holds, but blades suffice) are a great equalizer -- I'd rather fight two bare-fisted guys my weight, than a single girl with a blade my skill-level or higher.

MMaRsu

Everything serves a "purpose" to conveniently avoid any explanations:

-Beric keeps being resuscitated? He has a purpose...
-Jon Snow doing something? purpose...
-Arya here, because she has a purpose...
-Theon? You are here because you were supposed to be h- purpose

She said that she would be dead by dawn, she served her purpose during the battle, so she has no reason to stay alive... she canceled the spell that kept her young (and alive?)

Must everything be explained? Its what destroyed Lost. The need to answer every mystery.

JimiNutz

Banned
The most annoying part i think is that so many main characters are still alive. I aspected SAM to die off, dany or john to die off, a few main characters in the crips to die off, that big woman soldier to die off.

Yet not much died at the end of the day which seems odd and go against what the writing was originally trying to push out with game of thrones.

Yeah the lack of death was unusual for Game of Thrones. I'm sure many will still be killed off over the coming three episodes.

20cent

Banned
Must everything be explained? Its what destroyed Lost. The need to answer every mystery.
I agree and love stories with unexplained mysteries.
But "you have to do this because this is your purpose" is a bit weak, especially when used for every single characters and we get this conclusion (to the WW threat, at the moment).

ruvikx

Banned
Your dad is upset the show isn't a more realistic representation of a world full off wights, magic, dragons and walking dead people?

Game of Thrones was always based on the premise it's a harsh, unforgiving world where good people & bad people alike can get killed either heroically, tragically, brutally, comically or unceremoniously. Bad people don't die just because they're bad, morally righteous people don't get to win just because they're good, loyal friends don't get a heroic death just because they're loyal & heroic, ninja assassins don't get to kill the biggest bad guy just because they're a ninja assassin etc. Episode 3 of season 8 threw that out the window & it became Return of the Jedi, Return of the King, Marvel, Transformers & all the rest. The heroes were given plot armor, secondary characters were given heroic send offs, infantile implausible scenes pilled up as much as the bodies & the Night King was given an absolutely comical weak spot - like the Death Star. Kill him, his army dies. Geez, how original!

People are talking about Arya being super overpowered. She's actually no more so than the rest. Right now as I type, Jaime & Brienne are literally the greatest warriors in the entire seven kingdoms & beyond. Even Arya didn't withstand the battlement onslaught, jet Jaime & Brienne not only survived that, but they survived the front lines battle (where the Unsullied & Dothraki were slaughtered) & the Winterfell siege for over one hour. Surrounded constantly, totally outnumbered & attacked from all sides. It's like a boss fight in a video game against waves of enemies... for one hour, without a single game-over screen on the hardest difficulty. Respect. But that's not what made Game of Thrones popular. It's become a prisoner of its characters & allowed them to break the rules of the universe (harsh unforgiving etc.) because the writers allowed fandom to dictate their story & make certain characters immune & gave them far too many fanservice moments.

In other news, I present the biggest fucknuttery mainstream media opinion on the episode yet: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/game-of-thrones-battle-immigration-problem

Game of Thrones Keeps Killing Off Entire Immigrant Populations, And It's a Problem

Dacon

Banned

You can literally see her jump from the goddamn ground at him. She arcs in her jump when she comes at him. She doesnt fall from the sky. Jesus. You can even see one of the walkers look at her as she runs past.

Burnttips

Game of Thrones was always based on the premise it's a harsh, unforgiving world where good people & bad people alike can get killed either heroically, tragically, brutally, comically or unceremoniously. Bad people don't die just because they're bad, morally righteous people don't get to win just because they're good, loyal friends don't get a heroic death just because they're loyal & heroic, ninja assassins don't get to kill the biggest bad guy just because they're a ninja assassin etc. Episode 3 of season 8 threw that out the window & it became Return of the Jedi, Return of the King, Marvel, Transformers & all the rest. The heroes were given plot armor, secondary characters were given heroic send offs, infantile implausible scenes pilled up as much as the bodies & the Night King was given an absolutely comical weak spot - like the Death Star. Kill him, his army dies. Geez, how original!

People are talking about Arya being super overpowered. She's actually no more so than the rest. Right now as I type, Jaime & Brienne are literally the greatest warriors in the entire seven kingdoms & beyond. Even Arya didn't withstand the battlement onslaught, jet Jaime & Brienne not only survived that, but they survived the front lines battle (where the Unsullied & Dothraki were slaughtered) & the Winterfell siege for over one hour. Surrounded constantly, totally outnumbered & attacked from all sides. It's like a boss fight in a video game against waves of enemies... for one hour, without a single game-over screen on the hardest difficulty. Respect. But that's not what made Game of Thrones popular. It's become a prisoner of its characters & allowed them to break the rules of the universe (harsh unforgiving etc.) because the writers allowed fandom to dictate their story & make certain characters immune & gave them far too many fanservice moments.

In other news, I present the biggest fucknuttery mainstream media opinion on the episode yet: https://www.wmagazine.com/story/game-of-thrones-battle-immigration-problem

If they couldn’t break the rule of not having rules about who dies. Then that would be a rule. So if winning against the White Walkers was the only time the heroes all win in the show. Would that not keep a rule of anything can happen.

ruvikx

Banned
If they couldn’t break the rule of not having rules about who dies. Then that would be a rule. So if winning against the White Walkers was the only time the heroes all win in the show. Would that not keep a rule of anything can happen.

It makes them unbelievable. It makes the events & deaths all totally scripted & on-rails, i.e. people die because they're supposed to get that one scene where they die in the arms of the person they love (Jorah), not in a believable & realistic manner. Why did the white walker giant pick the little Mormont girl up? He could have just crushed her, but nope, the writers needed to make her stab him in the eye. For heroism's sake. That's just one small example.

We also have a problem with the aftermath: overthrowing Cersei in another battle for the iron throne has lost most of its meaning because the ominous mortal existential threat is no more. We're just supposed to support Dany because she's good & Cersei is bad. That's not Game of Thrones either. The petty squabbles by power hungry lords, kings, queens, families & entire dynasties were only interesting because their pointlessness in the face of the white walker threat made the "who wins" question futile. Now the show has become a straight-up good people versus bad people battle for power. That moral gray area is gone, that massive looming threat to the world has gone.

It's just deflating.

RedVIper

Banned

They can do whatever they want, doesn't make it plausible. Jaime fighting off hundreds (thousands?) of undead isn't plausabile, Sam fighting off undead while being more useless with a weapon than bran isn't plausible, Arya magining to sneak past a circle of white walkers isn't plausible, she's an assassin she can't fucking teleport.

It's just dumb, and unnecessary, if you don't want your characters to have to pull off unbelievable feats out of their ass then don't put them in that position.

Last edited:

llien

TO WHOM IT MAY CONCERN: MAJOR UNTAGGED SPOILERS ON MOST PAGES OF THIS THREAD, STAY AWAY FROM HERE IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT YET

A lot of "why's" can be answered with 'because budget"
I'd rather see "zombie wave comes, get's beaten by:
1) wildfire
2) fire + red woman
3) drakes
4) NK is out of army, but raises fallen human

I still struggled to keep up with what's going on in the 3rd episode.
Before Arya's Resident Evil episode, we see how zombie army overwhelms humans.
But later on, where is that army? Why did NK even have to raise anything?
Did I see it wrong, or by the time he's raising fallen humans, his own army is basically annihilated?

WTF was Brann doing during the fight? He had the major imba skill in the universe: mind control, but have been reduced to... being NK's bait to help Arya do ninja thing? (she is undoubtedly the best trained person to do that)

Sorry, but when you intrigue with a bunch of events, then do not have a coherent explanation of what's going on, that's what "kills" it

And maybe I missed a lot of shit, but why does the Night King need to personally go after Bran and expose himself like that?
Brann said he wants to kill him, to erase his memory.
to me, NK face, at least in earlier series, resembled Brann's.

Why did the white walker giant pick the little Mormont girl up?
I thought he was going to eat her.

Jon Neu

Banned
I practie historical fencing and combatives in real life -- swords, bucklers, staves -- those sots of things. One of the top 4 performers in the fencing school is a girl less than 2/3rds my kilos. Feel free to inform your dad of that ; )

Basic fact: weapons (the more advanced -- the more true that holds, but blades suffice) are a great equalizer -- I'd rather fight two bare-fisted guys my weight, than a single girl with a blade my skill-level or higher.

Dude, she trained for two years while the others trained their entire life. It makes no fucking sense that she is the best ever.

This was...unexpected, and not in a good way.
You build up this "bigger than anything in the world" threat for a decade, knowing a little more than "he exists and he's coming", and you dispose of him in only one episode, so you can have the final 3 to deal with Euron? Come on, what a load of shit.
As mentioned before, what the fuck was Bran doing the entire episode? Flying around in some crows, yay, what else?
What was the purpose of the long night? Just to kill every living thing because? What exactly in the children of the forest's spell to create the Night King made him want to kill the 3 eyed raven? Yeah, I know, for everyone to forget, but why? Did we ever get an explanation for how Carsten made his deal with the Night King, the force who can't be reasoned with and was made to kill every human?
I could go on and on, but right now I feel like this show doesn't deserve the time I spent watching it, much less the words i'm writing about it.

Tesseract

Banned
7U1neg8.gif

source.gif

giphy.gif

Cunth

Fingerlickin' Good!
This was...unexpected, and not in a good way.
You build up this "bigger than anything in the world" threat for a decade, knowing a little more than "he exists and he's coming", and you dispose of him in only one episode, so you can have the final 3 to deal with Euron? Come on, what a load of shit.
As mentioned before, what the fuck was Bran doing the entire episode? Flying around in some crows, yay, what else?
What was the purpose of the long night? Just to kill every living thing because? What exactly in the children of the forest's spell to create the Night King made him want to kill the 3 eyed raven? Yeah, I know, for everyone to forget, but why? Did we ever get an explanation for how Carsten made his deal with the Night King, the force who can't be reasoned with and was made to kill every human?
I could go on and on, but right now I feel like this show doesn't deserve the time I spent watching it, much less the words i'm writing about it.
Time to change your gaf handle

ZehDon

The biggest casualty from this episode was my affection for the show - and it died a cruel and unceremonious death. After the shit-show of season 7, I presumed there was no way to lower the bar further. Luckily, the writers were up to the task, and happily threw away close to a decade of setup for, quite literally and in no exaggerated terms, absolutely fucking nothing. 10 fucking years of narrative design, plotting, character work, world building, tonal management, and pure build up, and "The Great War" was an obfuscated skirmish at Winterfell during which nothing important was lost. The Night King, an 8,000 year old undead necromancer and the physical embodiment of death itself who enjoyed a decade of build up and mystique was just another throw-away TV bottle episode "bad guy"; a one-episode speed bump that was little more than an incompetent pawn in Cersei's """"master plan"""" to allow her to... continue to do the same shit she's been doing since the show began. Since it's obvious the writer's couldn't give less of a fuck, I see no reason that I should either. They didn't jump the shark with this trash, they fucking Rian Johnson-ed it from orbit. I'm out. Good luck, folks; I suspect the worst is yet to come.

Last edited:

Burnttips

They can do whatever they want, does make it plausible. Jaime fighting off hundreds (thousands?) of undead isn't plausabile, Sam fighting off undead while being more useless with a weapon than bran isn't plausible, Arya magining to sneak past a circle of white walkers isn't plausible, she's an assassin she can't fucking teleport.

It's just dumb, and unnecessary, if you don't want your characters to have to pull off unbelievable feats out of their ass then don't put them in that position.

By your point the whole fight and any outcome that left survivors would have not been plausible. A land of undead or the two or three survivors take out the NK and his millions with a trick. Both of those suck more than what we got to me. I didn’t expect so many to live but that was the intended shock of the episode.

RedVIper

Banned
By your point the whole fight and any outcome that left survivors would have not been plausible. A land of undead or the two or three survivors take out the NK and his millions with a trick. Both of those suck more than what we got to me. I didn’t expect so many to live but that was the intended shock of the episode.

No not really, any episode that employed tactics this dumb and won wouldn't seem plausible, doesn't mean you can't write one that would be. Especially when it turns out you only needed Arya and Sir.TwentyGoodMenTM

Last edited:

ymoc

Shrug to the haters.

I loved the last episode.
It was like a LoTR and Dark Souls mix! The Night King on the dragon was what the Nazguls were supposed to be in LoTR!!!!!! Seriously!
The waterfall of bodies was the most OMFG-what-is-happening moment, just pure horror.
And then people complain not enough people died. I guess you're a bunch of sadists.
Everyone dying would mean leave us with no relatable characters anymore and you could then enjoy watching the dead, after slaughter everyone in the North, proceed to slaughter everyone in the south.
Cause that would be soooooo much better.

Airbus Jr

Banned
The biggest casualty from this episode was my affection for the show - and it died a cruel and unceremonious death. After the shit-show of season 7, I presumed there was no way to lower the bar further. Luckily, the writers were up to the task, and happily threw away close to a decade of setup for, quite literally and in no exaggerated terms, absolutely fucking nothing. 10 fucking years of narrative design, plotting, character work, world building, tonal management, and pure build up, and "The Great War" was an obfuscated skirmish at Winterfell during which nothing important was lost. The Night King, an 8,000 year old undead necromancer and the physical embodiment of death itself who enjoyed a decade of build up and mystique was just another throw-away TV bottle episode "bad guy"; a one-episode speed bump that was little more than an incompetent pawn in Cersei's """"master plan"""" to allow her to... continue to do the same shit she's been doing since the show began. Since it's obvious the writer's couldn't give less of a fuck, I see no reason that I should either. They didn't jump the shark with this trash, they fucking Rian Johnson-ed it from orbit. I'm out. Good luck, folks; I suspect the worst is yet to come.

lol so much anger

bet youre still here watching the next episode!

Last edited:

Burnttips

No not really, any episode that employed tactics this dumb and won wouldn't seem plausible, doesn't mean you can't write one that would be. Especially when it turns out you only needed Arya and Sir.TwentyGoodMenTM
This is like saying you only needed 5 men to put the flag on Iwo Jima. Everyone fought the way they have throughout the show. The tactics of the battle were to get over run and draw the NK to the woods. Danny screwed it up by stopping it by jumping on her dragon. They were not trying to out maneuver an army of dead. It was every man for himself that turned tactical 15 minutes in. Changing the course of the fight by Danny saved most of them.

ZehDon

... bet youre still here watching the next episode!
What would I be watching for? That's an honest question. Why watch the next episode? What plot is there left to resolve? You mean "who ends up on the Iron Throne?" That's a hashtag made by the marketing team for social media shares; the entire point of the story has been that it doesn't matter who sits on the Iron Throne, that the squabbles of man are pointless, and the writers just tossed that away for a "cool moment".

RedVIper

Banned
This is like saying you only needed 5 men to put the flag on Iwo Jima. Everyone fought the way they have throughout the show. The tactics of the battle were to get over run and draw the NK to the woods. Danny screwed it up by stopping it by jumping on her dragon. They were not trying to out maneuver an army of dead. It was every man for himself that turned tactical 15 minutes in. Changing the course of the fight by Danny saved most of them.

Wait you think the "tactitcs' they choose to employ was too...purposelessly lose? If so they are incompetent. Your entire post makes no sense.

Airbus Jr

Banned
What would I be watching for? That's an honest question. Why watch the next episode? What plot is there left to resolve? You mean "who ends up on the Iron Throne?" That's a hashtag made by the marketing team for social media shares; the entire point of the story has been that it doesn't matter who sits on the Iron Throne, that the squabbles of man are pointless, and the writers just tossed that away for a "cool moment".

Didnt know if you noticed man but name of the show is game of thrones not game of zombies or game of white walker

the political aspect always play the main and important role/ took center stage

Last edited:

Fox Mulder

Yeah. The crypt zombies were so fucking obvious that I figured a few of the main minor characters would at least die there.

Burnttips

Wait you think the "tactitcs' they choose to employ was too...purposelessly lose? If so they are incompetent. Your entire post makes no sense.
That was Jon’s plan. He wasn’t surprised by what happened to the Dothraki and wanted Danny to still wait before going in. There only chance was to draw out the NK. How the hell do you think they were going to do it. By putting up a brilliant defensive plan we’re the NK was like this is a brilliant time to go kill Bran?

ruvikx

Banned
You mean the entire premise of the show?

That's not the premise of the show. The white walkers were the very first threat (& real only threat) to the entire existence of the realm. The rest (squabbles between power hungry killers) merely served as a means to expose & morally analyse/question the folly of people whilst the world burned. The Iron Throne was a symbol of everything wrong with that world, especially in light of the fact the white walkers were going to kill everyone irrespective who sat on the damned thing. The premise of the show was that, i.e. morally ambiguous themes & characters in a harsh, brutal medieval fantasy setting with an ultimate "end of the world" looming menace which made the man versus man fighting seem petty, selfish & greedy in the grand scheme of everyone's survival.

Westeros won't be made great just because Dany sits her little butt on the Iron Throne. It's absurd. Her rule across the narrow sea was a disaster, i.e. are we just suppose to ignore that? I don't like the Marvelization of this universe, with fanboys & girls supporting their favorites & rooting for them to "win". If people sat down for the first episode 9 years ago & thought "I can't wait for Dany/Jon/Tyrion/Whomever to win the Iron Throne, that's what this show is all about!", they missed the point entirely.

blu

Dude, she trained for two years while the others trained their entire life. It makes no fucking sense that she is the best ever.
The others (whoever that might be) have been training their entire lives at the most revered assasin guild in this world? That's news to me.

RedVIper

Banned
That was Jon’s plan. He wasn’t surprised by what happened to the Dothraki and wanted Danny to still wait before going in. There only chance was to draw out the NK. How the hell do you think they were going to do it. By putting up a brilliant defensive plan we’re the NK was like this is a brilliant time to go kill Bran?

Either you make a plan to actually defeat the army you're fighting or you you stall them as long as possible. They did neither, they just sent out their entire army but cheeks first to get fucked by the NK and then got "lucky" they had deus ex machina save them.

Burnttips

Either you make a plan to actually defeat the army you're fighting or you you stall them as long as possible. They did neither, they just sent out their entire army but cheeks first to get fucked by the NK and then got "lucky" they had deus ex machina save them.
What would you do if you face certain death was the question the writers posed. You would stall as long as you could. I’d hope I’d go balls out. When I was finally ready for blood lust of main characters they gave me the opposite of what I was expecting. Same thing that has happened from the beginning of the show.

Airbus Jr

Banned
That's not the premise of the show. The white walkers were the very first threat (& real only threat) to the entire existence of the realm. The rest (squabbles between power hungry killers) merely served as a means to expose & morally analyse/question the folly of people whilst the world burned. The Iron Throne was a symbol of everything wrong with that world, especially in light of the fact the white walkers were going to kill everyone irrespective who sat on the damned thing. The premise of the show was that, i.e. morally ambiguous themes & characters in a harsh, brutal medieval fantasy setting with an ultimate "end of the world" looming menace which made the man versus man fighting seem petty, selfish & greedy in the grand scheme of everyone's survival.

Westeros won't be made great just because Dany sits her little butt on the Iron Throne. It's absurd. Her rule across the narrow sea was a disaster, i.e. are we just suppose to ignore that? I don't like the Marvelization of this universe, with fanboys & girls supporting their favorites & rooting for them to "win". If people sat down for the first episode 9 years ago & thought "I can't wait for Dany/Jon/Tyrion/Whomever to win the Iron Throne, that's what this show is all about!", they missed the point entirely.

So how are you suggesting the story to develop and ended ?

Last edited:

ZehDon

You mean the entire premise of the show?
You mean the show whose pilot opens with the White Walkers? The show that spent 10 years establishing their central premise with lines like "If we don’t put aside our enmities and band together, we will die, and then it doesn’t matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne"? Is that the show you mean?

Didnt know if you noticed man but name of the show is game of thrones not game of zombies or game of white walker

the political aspect always play the main and important role/ took center stage
And yet, it's central author titled it "A song of Ice and Fire"... weird...

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
You mean the show whose pilot opens with the White Walkers? The show that spent 10 years establishing their central premise with lines like "If we don’t put aside our enmities and band together, we will die, and then it doesn’t matter whose skeleton sits on the Iron Throne"? Is that the show you mean?

Yeah but your missing the part when not everyones agree with that idea

Heck not every northern family are there to support Jon let alone Cersei

The WW war are supposed to be ended one way or another

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned

And yet, it's central author titled it "A song of Ice and Fire"... weird...

Except the title of the movie is called Game of Thrones not Song of Ice and Fire

Jesus that Arya moment was sick moment turning point of event from sorrow and despair into epic win i was totally screaming why are you people never happy ffs

Last edited:

blu

To those who feel they've lost the plot (as some parts of it do require some attention):

Any battle tactic based on an army agains the whitewalkers is inherently doomed -- it takes the NK (the second most powerful known entity in the world) less than a minute to produce a brand new army. 3ER (formerly Bran), the most powerful entity in the world, knows that fact, perhaps Jon is vaguely aware of it, the rest -- naively hopeful they could fight the undead army. 3ER sacrifices Winterfell, along with its inhabitans, refugees and the defense army for the one plan 3ER knows would work (hey, being a greenseer has its advantages). For 3ER just has to be at the right place at the right time, and the right pawns will carry out what needs to be carried out. For instance, while 3ER was the decoy, Theon Grayjoy was a secondary decoy -- the 'fallen defender' (for which he was formally thanked). 3ER did not need defending, he just needed an assasin pawn within attack distance from the NK, and NK uncovering himself at what he'd assumed would be his striking hour. Big mistake -- check and mate.

Last edited:
Top Bottom