• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 8 |OT| A Song of Icy and Fiery Fandom

BlueAlpaca

Eh. Danny going mad and actively killing civilians made no sense. Tyrion and Verys worrying about civilians? Really, like what did you think bringing thousands of foreign mercenaries and Dothraki and dragons will do? Cersei just surrendering? They never made it clear why is it for the good of the realm for Cersei to leave or Robert Baratheon for that matter - they just speak of tyrants and bad kings and that's it. Supposedly they're so bad the good people of Westeros (Tyrion and Verys) bring war to the realm just to liberate it. But then at the last minute they change their minds and start worrying about all the death and destruction they brought. Tyrion specifically talking of burning children was ridiculous because in order for that to happen Danny would have to purposely target them or her army to burn them. Guess the former happened, but judging from his reaction he didn't think that would happen and that makes sense - why else would he 'believe' in her, whatever the fuck that means.

This show doesn't know what fucking story it's telling:

1) feudal assholes fighting over a throne - this is it

2) good people surviving in a world of feudal assholes and trying to build a better one - this is not it.

3) morally grey and complex characters in a world of war and feudal assholes - again this is not it.

As creator you cannot control how an audience will receive your work. Some will judge favorably, other less so maybe. That's part and parcel no?

Perhaps. But don't you think the writers just kind of chuckle when they see somebody on a message board calling their work trash while they're winning Emmy Awards? Just like how professional athletes roll their eyes when a fan tells them they suck? The hyperbole is too much sometimes.

stickkidsam

This is the darkest timeline...

I can't see a single way to save the ending. It's just gonna be a shit show no matter what. All of those hopes and dreams, sacrifices and tragedies, destroyed because Jon suddenly cared about incest in a world where they'd have no reason to.

All of this drama because they had to make Jon and Danny have conflict when they both want the same thing and are in a perfect position to do it.

I can't believe they went the "my bloodline makes me crazy" route. YOU NEVER GO FULL UCHIHA PROPHECY!!

Kadayi

Banned
Because for me, the build up was almost non existent

They've seeded Dany being close to unhinged several times throughout the series. Her worst impulses have usually been checked by her loyal advisors, but ever since she hit Westeros things have gone from bad to worst and it's worn on her, especially given she lost both Jorah, Missandai and two of her Dragons.

I don't disagree that the series as a whole couldn't have benefitted from another season to straddle events from Dany Arriving in Westeros through to now, but it is what it is. The why's as to how it is we only got the 2 condensed seasons are likely manifold. From people wanting to move on through to the spiralling production budget. The show has been in development for over ten years at this point and that's a long time for a prestige drama, especially on such an unprecedented scale. Nothing else out there remotely comes close. People pouring vinegar on it wholesale because it didn't match the fanfic in their heads need to wake up and smell the ashes of their fantasies.

Also wouldn't Dany, even in her mad bloodrage, been more interested in making a beeline toward Cersei instead of just massacring thousands of civilians?

She wants Westeros to fear her. She knows Varys has written to other lords to inform them that Jon is the legitimate heir. She needs them to bend the knee regardless. This is her Rains of Castamere moment. I guess her hope is that seeing the destruction she can reign down is enough to kowtow everyone who might challenge her.

ruvikx

Banned
I haven't read the comments here but that episode was fantastic. I have no words really. Its everything I wanted from the ending of this entire series & more. The Hound died epically, after Arya (finally!) said thanks for everything. Jaime died in the arms of the woman he loved, as promised. Cersei (as I've said previously) was never even "evil" in the grand scheme of Westeros history, she was simply ruthless in her pursuit o power. Her death came about because she was overly ambitious & (as Tywin once said) not as smart as she thought she was. It was a beautiful scene, in any case.

Daenerys was always a bomb waiting to go off, always. It's deeply satisfying as a viewer when after years of saying "Daenerys is a crazy bitch in the making & a wouldbe tyrant", kaboom, she becomes exactly that at the end (special mention to the makeup artists for making her look just like Viserys in this episode).

Jon Snow also lost his virginity last night, i.e. all that focus on the white walkers made him forget just how sick & insane human power can be.

I think people are really trying to spin Danny's turn as some long form foreshadowing are really trying to give more credence than what was ACTUALLY shown throughout the many seasons. She never slaughtered innocent bystanders. Ever. She killed warlords and slavers. Her heel turn in all of 2 episodes is why people are annoyed. Not that she turned heel, that she turned so quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. It's lazy and sloppy storytelling so they can wrap up the show without putting more work/thought into it.

mortal

Banned
Perhaps. But don't you think the writers just kind of chuckle when they see somebody on a message board calling their work trash while they're winning Emmy Awards? Just like how professional athletes roll their eyes when a fan tells them they suck? The hyperbole is too much sometimes.
I don't see why that would be relevant to my experience though. That doesn't always change peoples' personal opinions or impressions.

There have been plenty of cases where a favorite game, album, film has never won any awards or accolades. Yet still resonate with me on a deep, personal level, despite the vast majority of people not agreeing with my views. There are award winning albums and films, games etc that I think aren't very good. It is what it is.

Coming together to talk those things and expressing our opinions is just part of the fun, and awards given by some committee of elites should have no ultimate bearing on that. That's all I'm saying.

Last edited:

Trogdor1123

It's funny how people watched almost 2 entirely different episodes last night. I think most of it was heavily hinted at, it was forced a bit for sure but on a whole it was easy to see years ago. Others don't see it that way at all which is fair too

Pretty interesting stuff.

It's not as good as previous seasons but to portray it as a disaster is pretty hyperbolic.

She wants Westeros to fear her. She knows Varys has written to other lords to inform them that Jon is the legitimate heir. She needs them to bend the knee regardless. This is her Rains of Castamere moment. I guess her hope is that seeing the destruction she can reign down is enough to kowtow everyone who might challenge her.

Couldn't she still have done that after confronting Cersei?

Back from your thread ban and straight back to this? You’re out.
There are award winning albums and films, games etc that I think aren't very good. It is what it is.

I'm fine with an honest critique. But I see replies saying this show is trash and how badly it sucks and I just roll my eyes. I think even you can objectively say the show isn't *trash*. No?

Oh, I see the mods are going to block me from calling out the armchair quarterbacks again. How ResetERA of you. It should say who the moderator is that did this. What a little bitch.

Last edited:

Uhtred

Look it has to end in some form or fashion, and nothing they choose will satisfy everyone.

I will hold on to RR saying that he approved the ending, and his will be the same, but in much greater detail.

Everything that has a beginning has an end. This is to me the greatest show ever created. With its ups and downs, I will take it as is, and I have no creative problems this season what so ever. Its not my story to tell. But i have enjoyed the shit out of.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I think people are really trying to spin Danny's turn as some long form foreshadowing are really trying to give more credence than what was ACTUALLY shown throughout the many seasons. She never slaughtered innocent bystanders. Ever. She killed warlords and slavers. Her heel turn in all of 2 episodes is why people are annoyed. Not that she turned heel, that she turned so quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. It's lazy and sloppy storytelling so they can wrap up the show without putting more work/thought into it.
I thought the episode moved emotions so at least it makes everybody talk about GoT, the first episodes this season were just boring imo

mad queen Dany , the twist is fine but execution should have been much better the show really suffers poor pacing and everybody rushes to the ending.

Dany builded up as the 'white saviour' only to end worse than her ancestors fits the world of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones very well, but the just show her with messy hair and getting angry about how betrayed she feels before burning an entire city that surrendered. :^S

Last edited:

Airbus Jr

Banned
Darkest moment for me is when the Lannister soldier droping their guard and sword to surrender....and the city ring the bell....

Only to be followed by Daenarys charging in...burning everything and those lans getting butchered...civilian getting slaughtered...a stark soldier slit a moms throat in front of her children...

At that moment...i felt...sorrow and sadness...it really hurts and painfull to see all that...

Last edited:

PrCat88

I thought the episode moved emotions so at least it makes everybody talk about GoT, the first episodes this season were just boring imo

mad queen Dany , the twist is fine but execution should have been much better the show really suffers poor pacing and everybody rushes to the ending.

Dany builded up as the 'white saviour' only to end worse than her ancestors fits the world of Ice and Fire/Game of Thrones very well, but the just show her with messy hair and getting angry about how betrayed she feels before burning an entire city that surrendered. :^S

I wouldn't call it a twist. She said her intentions aloud, and people still expected her to listen to Tyrion after each attempt following Tyrion's lead lead to failure that has set her back from the iron throne? And then she already has wavering trust in him after he told Varys about John's lineage and his trust in Jamie who went back to Cersei. It would have been a twist for her to actually listen to reason.

Uhtred Uhtred

“This isn’t my story to tell.”

I mean....so nobody should ever have criticisms of any creative decisions anyone else makes, ever? I’m not sure I’m following your logic here.

It’s absolutely great that you’re loving it and have no issues, but I’m not sure I can stomach the notion that I shouldn’t have my own opinion, my own preferences, my own ideas just because it’s “not my story to tell.”

Unless I’m misunderstanding your post.

We are all allowed to have our own opinion of this seasom, nobody is right or wrong.

"We need to wrap this up."

I felt like everything that happens in that episode can be summed up or explained by that. The decisions and the outcomes. Everything except Arya's decision in the Red Keep, which actually lets her have a new purpose. (Which will be avoided and she simply changes her kill list.) Even Jon's ineffectiveness is explained by it. If he could rally his men to stop then that delays the whole carnage, so suddenly Jon must be an ineffective leader.

mortal

Banned
I'm fine with an honest critique. But I see replies saying this show is trash and how badly it sucks and I just roll my eyes. I think even you can objectively say the show isn't *trash*. No?

Oh, I see the mods are going to block me from calling out the armchair quarterbacks again. How ResetERA of you.
I get it. You're always going to have people who go about it that way.

If I genuinely thought the entire show was trash, I would not be watching it still. I'm not the type of person to subject myself to that sort of misery. I'm not a masochist lol. I still have vested interest in seeing it all play out in the finale. I still enjoy the production quality of the show. I still enjoy many of the character performances.

Last edited:

Uhtred

Uhtred Uhtred

“This isn’t my story to tell.”

I mean....so nobody should ever have criticisms of any creative decisions anyone else makes, ever? I’m not sure I’m following your logic here.

It’s absolutely great that you’re loving it and have no issues, but I’m not sure I can stomach the notion that I shouldn’t have my own opinion, my own preferences, my own ideas just because it’s “not my story to tell.”

Unless I’m misunderstanding your post.

We are all allowed to have our own opinion of this seasom, nobody is right or wrong.

Correct, everyone has a right to their own opinion. I personally look at it as a story i am following, not one I am writing.

Reactions: blu

Astral Dog

I wouldn't call it a twist. She said her intentions aloud, and people still expected her to listen to Tyrion after each attempt following Tyrion's lead lead to failure that has set her back from the iron throne? And then she already has wavering trust in him after he told Varys about John's lineage and his trust in Jamie who went back to Cersei. It would have been a twist for her to actually listen to reason.
I wrote twist because thats the only word that came to mind :^P the 'twist' being she burned the city anyways after they surrendered
Plot point? Story beat? Bad writting? Im not sure tbh i know there is a better word :^S

autoduelist

Of course they don't care. That's the entire point.

People complaining about this version, and offering other, better possibilities aren't saying 'my way or the high way'. They are showing how disrespectful the writers are to the source material and that other alternatives are better.

I can find 5 different critiques of this season, all offering completely different 'solutions, that are superior to what we are getting. I've seen people show how while Jon was the obvious night king killer, they were able to come up with a way to narratively have theon or even jaime kill the king and have it make sense. But arya teleporting in? Ugh.

The writers are taking shortcut after shortcut. They are ignoring seasons of character development. They're ignoring their own writing, like establishing ballistas as guided missiles then making them worthless. And sure, they're chuckling, they're wiping away their tears with money.

Honestly, I don't even blame them. I blame HBO for hiring them. I dont think I could accurately capture all the history of the characters. I'm sure I'll forget Danny's visions, or Jon's prophecies, but I know there are people out there who know the lore inside and out. I would hire them, and have them sign ndas, to vet the storyline and offer suggestions. I would make sure I was doing my best to please the fans and honoring the source material, previous episodes, characters, lore, etc. This doesnt feel like that.

If we had an improved battle scene in 3, for example, or a better dragon death in 4, or Jon killed the night king, the people who like this version would still mostly be happy. And so would the other very large group that currently aren't.

Last edited:

Rookje

Of course they don't care. That's the entire point.

People complaining about this version, and offering other, better possibilities aren't saying 'my way or the high way'. They are showing how disrespectful the writers are to the source material and that other alternatives are better.
Whatever you may think of D&D's writing or vision of how this show should end, they can only do what they believe to be the show they're proud of and want to watch. Its how art works. They don't make a show for what they think GRRM would write, or what the core fans would want etc. It is their vision. Art is not created through democracy or polls. Now you can argue that what they created is trash, and that is fair to do so, but the level of vitriol thrown at D&D is unfair given the situation they're in. True fans can wait until the books for the conclusion of GRRM's vision..

Last edited:

ruvikx

Banned

Her brother died like an idiot though in a very sudden "twist", i.e. bursting into Drogo's tent (whilst drunk & jealous of Dany, just as Dany is now jealous of Jon) & threatening to kill Drogo's unborn son, which predictably resulted in his own death (pretty gruesome one as well). People though were generally "fine" with that sort of expedient storytelling when they were laughing & enjoying the mad ride. No doubt some people can pinpoint errors in the writing or pacing if they get nitpicky, but my own point is the standard hasn't really dropped - it's just a huge amount of the fanbase is massively disappointed because it didn't go where they wanted it to.

Daenerys was always an enigma in this story, mainly because her entire "bend the knee I'm talking what is mine" made her no different than other Iron Throne aspirants, irrespective of her vaunted good intentions. The one constant from minute one in this entire world has been "kings & queens are invariably shit, end of". If people watched this show because they believed it was about Dany becoming queen after overcoming obstacles etc. they didn't pay attention to the warning signs, or deliberately ignored them. It's also a brilliant example of point of view storytelling in the sense it made people care for a character & ignore her flaws. That just backfired spectacularly last night. It also subverted the girl power trope (i.e. also women can do no wrong) which has gripped Hollywood storytelling over the past ten years, i.e. a pop culture reality which made most readers & viewers (even subconsciously) totally unprepared to watch Daenerys rain down hell & take "what is hers" via mass murder.

I was so, so disappointed when the Night King was killed because overthrowing (evil) Cersei & placing (super good) Dany on the throne was never a satisfying journey within the story they've told for 8 years. It happened, but in a manner which was extremely satisfying from my point of view because everyone stayed true to who they were: Dany wanted the throne by any means possible & has a nasty dark side, Jaime died in the arms of the woman he loved (his one & true love, irrespective of everything else which happened over the seasons), Cersei returned to being his scared sister in far over her head & Jon knew nothing. As usual. But now he does know something & the last episode should see that arc payoff in spectacular fashion.

BlueAlpaca

Honestly, I don't even blame them. I blame HBO for hiring them.

The blame for all this:

1) GRRM. He sold the rights after only 4 books. In fact it was his agent that contacted D&D. He wanted to cash it in.

2) D&D for being hacks.

3) HBO for hiring D&D despite their lacklustre careers.

4) HBO again for not firing D&D after the shit pilot and getting better writers.

5) HBO for not waiting at least an extra five years for more books to come out.

6) HBO for not tying GRRM's payment to finishing the fucking books.

7) HBO for not committing to ten seasons.

Basically fuck everybody.

HeadsUp7Up

Two quick thoughts.

1. The dragon destruction was definitely top notch and felt every bit as powerful as it should. My wife actually questioned why she needed an army though seeing how much damage Drogon was doing. She's only seen about half the series so she falls in the causal watched category. I had the same thought though.

2. For as “loyal” as he is to his queen he sure did screw her over by telling his secret that didn’t need to be told. He didn’t want the throne, why jeopardize Danerys’s claim by letting ANYONE know the truth? Take a page out of Ned’s book and carry that to the grave with you. Also I get that finding out she’s your aunt screwed you up but he cold shouldered her and basically left her feeling alone. I know they had him make these poor decisions so they could rush her descent into the mad queen but it was really jarring to me.

I’m going to finish the season but I highly doubt I’ll ever watch it again.

Hyperbole incoming
Season 8 = wet fart noise

lock2k

Banned
Her brother died like an idiot though in a very sudden "twist", i.e. bursting into Drogo's tent (whilst drunk & jealous of Dany, just as Dany is now jealous of Jon) & threatening to kill Drogo's unborn son, which predictably resulted in his own death (pretty gruesome one as well). People though were generally "fine" with that sort of expedient storytelling when they were laughing & enjoying the mad ride. No doubt some people can pinpoint errors in the writing or pacing if they get nitpicky, but my own point is the standard hasn't really dropped - it's just a huge amount of the fanbase is massively disappointed because it didn't go where they wanted it to.

Daenerys was always an enigma in this story, mainly because her entire "bend the knee I'm talking what is mine" made her no different than other Iron Throne aspirants, irrespective of her vaunted good intentions. The one constant from minute one in this entire world has been "kings & queens are invariably shit, end of". If people watched this show because they believed it was about Dany becoming queen after overcoming obstacles etc. they didn't pay attention to the warning signs, or deliberately ignored them. It's also a brilliant example of point of view storytelling in the sense it made people care for a character & ignore her flaws. That just backfired spectacularly last night. It also subverted the girl power trope (i.e. also women can do no wrong) which has gripped Hollywood storytelling over the past ten years, i.e. a pop culture reality which made most readers & viewers (even subconsciously) totally unprepared to watch Daenerys rain down hell & take "what is hers" via mass murder.

I was so, so disappointed when the Night King was killed because overthrowing (evil) Cersei & placing (super good) Dany on the throne was never a satisfying journey within the story they've told for 8 years. It happened, but in a manner which was extremely satisfying from my point of view because everyone stayed true to who they were: Dany wanted the throne by any means possible & has a nasty dark side, Jaime died in the arms of the woman he loved (his one & true love, irrespective of everything else which happened over the seasons), Cersei returned to being his scared sister in far over her head & Jon knew nothing. As usual. But now he does know something & the last episode should see that arc payoff in spectacular fashion.

I agree with this.

Dany was always a dictator bitch and everyone who saw good traits on her is a moron. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

2019-05-13.jpg

mekes

Just watched it. To keep it short my only gripe is how quickly things are being wrapped. There are obvious decisions being made that so many important aspects of the show go out of the window and are sacrificed to reach the simple goal of - wrapping the show up.

Reminds me of Sons of Anarchy final season, which made very similar sacrifices.

In an ideal world season 8 would have built up to the Darkest Night battle and ended with that. Dany has more time to boil over losses through S09 and descend into this madness she adopted in all of 5 minutes of screen time.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Nah, you're being blind to the inklings of her ruthlessness, resolve and temper. This is the woman who prior to this season had burned down Sam's father AND brother against the advice of Tyrion. We already knew she was rash, prone to going against her advisers when it came to mercy on enemies, and how easily it was for her to use fear over love to get her way when we saw Tully's men bend the knee.
Killing traitors who don't bend the knee and submit to your authority is completely normal and something that Robert, Ned, Stannis, Rob, and Jon have done without anyone questioning their sanity.

"mercy on enemies"
The smallfolk of King's Landing are not her enemies. Bad comparison.

"how easily it was for her to use fear over love to get her way"

Oh yeah totally like this huh

game-of-thrones-season-3-episode-10-mhysa-review.jpg

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
The writing is shit, but that wasn't the point.

I'm sure in the books is going to be handled better.
So you agree that the broad concept of Dany eventually going nutso is fine, but the way the show handled it was shit? Great, because that's what we're arguing too. I'm not sure what the problem is here with communication.

NickFire

Couldn't she still have done that after confronting Cersei?

Count me in as blown away by the show redeeming itself IMO. I'm guessing from this post you weren't thrilled by the direction. Understandable, but her turn made perfect sense to me.

1) Her true goal has been to become the ruling queen despite being a protagonist, and she's been though some real shit that would hurt the psyche of anyone. And although we've known the truth about John for a bit (and that she can be ruthless when she feels she has to be), she found out about John right on the cusp of a major battle against the dead that in her mind was going to cement loyalty to her role as queen apparent.
2) That was a huge blow for her. She immediately lost her love interest, and simultaneously realized that everything she went through would become a foundation for the guy who now rejects her (in that way) becoming her king.
3) She begged him for secrecy, and he refused. While he claimed to support her rule, she knew that the people who loved him would always want him in charge if they knew the truth. She was right there.
4) She then waited for the betrayal she knew was coming, while watching her fired get murdered after she kept going against her gut. This after losing her most trusted adviser. That her head would be spinning is no shock to me.
5) The betrayals then came, the secret was spreading as she predicted, John refused her last effort to be with him, and she knew there was no chance the genie would stay in the bottle,
6) After all that, and bearing in mind her family history / genetic makeup, it was perfectly natural for her to snap. She would have been a fool to believe the secret would not have spread once the last war was fought, and the purpose of everything she fought for would be defeated. Absolutely disgusting and appalling behavior on her part, but perfectly natural IMO for the character. We wanted to believe she was virtuous, but at the end of the day power was her motivator. Everything she did was in furtherance of acquiring power,and she was, in her mind at least, about to lose it whether John wanted it or not.

Also loved the the ashes turning everything white / resembling snow. Fit perfectly with winter is coming.

3) She begged him for secrecy, and he refused. While he claimed to support her rule, she knew that the people who loved him would always want him in charge if they knew the truth. She was right there.

Jon never felt truly accepted by his siblings (besides Arya), so this was his chance to correct that resentment and he took it. His family's acceptance meant more to him than any thing else.

Kadayi

Banned
I think people are really trying to spin Danny's turn as some long-form foreshadowing are really trying to give more credence than what was ACTUALLY shown throughout the many seasons. She never slaughtered innocent bystanders. Ever. She killed warlords and slavers. Her heel turn in all of 2 episodes is why people are annoyed. Not that she turned heel, that she turned so quickly and seemingly out of nowhere. It's lazy and sloppy storytelling so they can wrap up the show without putting more work/thought into it.

That is some BS right there. She killed plenty of people along the way. Hell, she got her Dragons through burning a woman alive, a woman whose only crime was taking out her Warlord husband after his Khalisaar had sacked her village and she'd been gang-raped by his warriors.

She crucified a whole bunch of masters to set an example, even though it was unlikely that most were involved in plots against her. She also had her Dragons burn a few just on the basis of setting an example as well.

When push comes to shove, she's always been inclined to go to the dark place to further her gains.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
From people wanting to move on through to the spiralling production budget.
Invalid reason. HBO wanted to keep going.
People pouring vinegar on it wholesale because it didn't match the fanfic in their heads need to wake up and smell the ashes of their fantasies.
Your argument is wrong because that is not the reason "people" are criticizing this episode.
This is her Rains of Castamere moment.
What Tywin did to House Reyn is consistent with his established character. What Dany did to the civilians of King's Landing was not consistent with her established character. That is the difference. You even agree with that:
I don't disagree that the series as a whole couldn't have benefitted from another season to straddle events from Dany Arriving in Westeros through to now

I guess her hope is that seeing the destruction she can reign down is enough to kowtow everyone who might challenge her.

"I guess". Key words that indicate you are trying to rationalize her actions after the fact because her actions did not reflect her character at this point in the story.

"who might challenge her"? Cersei is an enemy who challenged her, someone whom she swore to destroy. The smallfolk are innocents, whom she swore to protect.

out. of. character.

Tyrion has been the primary antagonist towards the notion of burning King's Landing, but when pressured enough even he desired to see King's Landing burned to the ground. At his sham trial for the murder of Joffery, having been betrayed by those he trusted and condemned to death, he told the filled court how much he had regret defending the city and should have had Stannis kill them all. His compassion had been rewarded with betrayal. Now imagine if he had the temperament of a Targaryen, dragons at his disposal, and having witnessed someone he loved - say, Shae - beheaded atop the city wall....

My point is, like in the case with Tyrion, you can have the best intentions for the realm, city, whatever at one point, but all of that can get pushed aside in the span of seconds when treachery and a series of tragedies strike.

Last edited:

NickFire

What Tywin did to House Reyn is consistent with his established character. What Dany did to the civilians of King's Landing was not consistent with her established character. That is the difference. You even agree with that:

I disagree. Her genetic makeup supports the turn. Her history of dealing with people who don't bend the knee supports the turn. Her lust for power, which corrupts, supports the turn. And her intelligence supports the turn, because she knew deep down that unless no one was willing to challenge her out of abject fear, many people would challenge her in short order when John's secret became common knowledge.

My opinion is we were so enamored with her positive traits, such as freeing slaves, that we let ourselves be fooled into believing she was a virtuous person. At the end of the day everything she did was motivated by lust for power, and we were willfully blind to what a woman who owns dragons might do when she realizes her power is on the verge of being snatched from the jaws of victory.

Kadayi

Banned

How about you try and post like a normal human being, rather than this 'snippet here snippet there' devoid of context BS, or worst attempt to tell me how I'm thinking. That kind of thing leaves me wholly unimpressed.

So far throughout this thread, all you've demonstrated is that you're completely blind to the inherent flaws in Danys character that were seeded a long time ago. Your lack of attention is your burden. It gets wearing. Make cohesive arguments. Persuade me to your viewpoint.

Last edited:

Blood Borne

Great episode. Logical and believable.

So called liberators, justice bringers or whatever they call themselves are tyrants. What makes them even more scary is that they’re not even aware that they’re tyrants. Due to their narcissism, seeing themselves as good people wanting to make the world a better place, they believe that their actions are always justified because their intentions are good.

Ironically, people who know that they’re evil have moral lines they don’t cross but do-gooders have no moral line because they genuinely believe that they’re doing good, the greater good.

Top Bottom