• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones Season 8 |OT| A Song of Icy and Fiery Fandom

Kadayi

Banned
it's noticeably smarter at least

There are legit gripes I have with GOT, but season 2 of Westworld has plotholes in it that could swallow entire galaxies in comparison. I thought WW season 1 was flawed but interesting, but Season 2 pretty much confirmed my suspicion that the writers were just winging it JJ Abrams style without any form of a road map as to where they were going. So much wrong with that entire season, which was all the more maddening given the actual quality of some of the performances. I legit feel sorry for the actors.

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
There are legit gripes I have with GOT, but season 2 of Westworld has plotholes in it that could swallow entire galaxies in comparison. I thought WW season 1 was flawed but interesting, but Season 2 pretty much confirmed my suspicion that the writers were just winging it JJ Abrams style without any form of a road map as to where they were going. So much wrong with that entire season, which was all the more maddening given the actual quality of some of the performances. I legit feel sorry for the actors.

weird, i had the opposite feeling with s02, maybe i'll make a westworld topic so we can discuss these things further

Kadayi

Banned
weird, i had the opposite feeling with s02, maybe i'll make a westworld topic so we can discuss these things further

I'll be honest. I'm not even sure I'm going to bother with Season 3. Season 2 soured me that much. From the trite nature of Shogun World (Hollywood does Japan eye-rollingly badly) through to the ineptness of the security teams, through to the meandering nature of Delores plans and the heavy reliance of serendipity to solve all matters.

Javthusiast

Banned
Interesting take from a yt comment:

''I would have loved it if they took the Night King all the way to King's Landing, and then have Bran warg into a Dragon and burn King's Landing to the ground...innocents included. It would have been satisfying to see a dark choice being made to a kill a million innocents in order to save millions more. Like Hold the Door, "Burn them All".''

Edit: Though by that point pretty much all of westeros would be dead already, so burning the last million people wouldn't help much. xD

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Edit: Though by that point pretty much all of westeros would be dead already, so burning the last million people wouldn't help much. xD
Unless there was some kind of strategic decision or other kind of macguffin provided to give the NK a reason to beeline for King's Landing.

This ending is the worst kept secret of all time. People are straight up spoiling people on Twitter now, under the guise of clever guesses, lol.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Dutchy here never bothered to check GoT on my ziggo HBO deal . As the first episode of the last season was absolute BS quality. Black crush all over the place etc. I am a huge physical format snob. (bit stream yada yada)

Anyway.

I want to see it as soon as possible. Anyone here knows if ziggo even shows it this at the same time?

Thanks

Tesseract

Banned
i'm pretty happy with the episode, will post thoughts around 12 am or so, don't wanna ruin people's jimmies as i got to see it a bit early

but this

as a response to lord of the rings, it's pretty fucking fantastic lmao

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
Bronn...really??
giphy.gif

First 30 or so minutes had good atmosphere in the ruins. About it.

I have zero expectations for any Game of Thrones spinoff. HBO can't write the good shit without Martin doing the heavy lifting.

Jon Neu

Banned
The only good thing was Brienne writing in the book about Jaime's feat. They got me there, something got in my eye for no reason.

And Jon reunion with Ghost.

Everything else was so atrociously bad is not even funny anymore.

Top Bottom