• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games for the fall, what are you buyin'?

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Just got done doing my pre-orders for the fall. Space Marine 2 and DQ3HD2D. I also pre-ordered Kingdome Come 2, all on Steam.

Between Gamepass and Plus, I'm waiting on more. I have 4 eyes on Metaphor and there may be an odd indie but I'm pretty secure in those for now. I'll be playing BO6 via Gamepass so that one doesn't count.

Resident Pelvis 4.gif what are you boyin?

peter42O

Neo Member
- Purchased Black Myth Wukong and pre-ordered Astro Bot for PlayStation 5 a few days ago.
- Purchased Visions of Mana and pre-ordered Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 for Xbox Series X a few days ago.
- Already own the Premium Edition for Starfield so the Shattered Space expansion will be automatic.
- Will be playing Star Wars Outlaws in November followed by Assassin's Creed Shadows via Ubisoft+.
- Will be playing Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (campaign only), Stalker 2 and Indiana Jones and the Great Circle via Game Pass Ultimate.
- One single game purchase remains for the rest of 2024 which will be Dragon Age: The Veilguard which I will pre-order a week before it releases.

Lets Go Astro GIF by PlayStation

Buying Right Away

Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis (Steam)
Zelda Echoes of Wisdom (Switch)
Mario & Luigi Brothership (Switch)
Emio The Smiling Man (Switch)
Vision of Mana (Steam)
Ace Attorney Investigations Collection (Switch)

Maybe

Final Fantasy XVI (Steam)
Metaphor ReFantazio (Steam)
Romancing SaGa 2 Revenge of the Seven (Steam)
Ys X Nordics (Steam)
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (Switch)

Last edited:
I am planning to buy the new Astro Bot game next month. My kid loves it... and so do I. But he probably loves it more than me.

This is the kind of game you should play if you just want to sit back, relax, and have simple fun.

Also, maybe Alan Wake 2 in October if the physical disk (PS5) becomes available in my country.

Last edited:

Oof85

Banned
M&L:Brothership
Dq 3 Remake
Plucky Squire

Maybe Astro but waiting for reviews for control critiques.

Metaphor would be a must if it was anyone but Atlus, ie I'm not buying their first draft just to loose out on the final edition in the near future.

Whatever interesting jrpgs come out as well as potential grabs.

Elios83

After I'm done with Black Myth Wukong I'll get:

Astrobot
Silent Hill 2
Metaphor Re Fantazio
Lego Horizon
Broken Sword Remake
Amerzone

I also think that Neva and The Plucky Squire will be great titles so I'm looking forward to those as well. The latter is a day one Plus release as well.

Finally it's total wait and see for AC Shadows and the new Dragon's Age, but honestly I'm not optimistic.

Last edited:

XXL

Not much. I'm going to buy Astro Bot.

But I'm mainly playing older games on Steam. I'm playing Deus Ex Human Revolution right now, after that I plan on playing Pillars of Eternity, Wasteland 3 and Homeworld Remastered.

I'm also still playing Baldurs Gate 3 constantly....with no end in sight.

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Buying Right Away

Persona 3 Reload Episode Aigis (Steam)
Zelda Echoes of Wisdom (Switch)
Mario & Luigi Brothership (Switch)
Emio The Smiling Man (Switch)
Vision of Mana (Steam)
Ace Attorney Investigations Collection (Switch)

Maybe

Final Fantasy XVI (Steam)
Metaphor ReFantazio (Steam)
Romancing SaGa 2 Revenge of the Seven (Steam)
Ys X Nordics (Steam)
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (Switch)
How is Visions? I didn't get it because I don't know much. A fan of everything up until Legend of Mana.

RickMasters

Buy? I would if it wasn’t all coming to gamepass….. stalker 2… Indy…. According to my Xbox account I w already own Blops 6😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

I’m gonna be buying those capcom fighting game collections on PC but quitely hoping they come to Xbox where I’ll buy them again

Aside from that…. It’s all about that massive backlog! I must be the only person on here who hasn’t played cyberpunk or elden ring, but owns them….. and now stalker 2 is coming….. fuuuuuuuuck 😫😫

I ain’t got enough time for all this! But stalker 2….. I’m gonna clear my gaming schedule for!

Pimpbaa

Not much on PS5 it seems (in regards to new games), although early 2025 seems packed. Looking forward to COD BO6, Indiana Jones, Stalker 2 on my Series X but I have gamepass so I will be playing them that way. Plus there are some PS5 games already out that I want but waiting for holiday sales. Which is fine, saving money for the new games on PS5 I want next year.

How is Visions? I didn't get it because I don't know much. A fan of everything up until Legend of Mana.

I played the demo on Steamdeck. I didn't notice any frame drops but I tend to not pay attention to those things. You might notice a difference. As for the game itself, extremely beautiful but the game reminds me of Xenoblade when it comes to exploration. The combat is fun and fast. Overall the demo made a good impression on me. I hardly buy anything day one nowadays and that include JRPGs and Japanese games too

bundylove

Just got done doing my pre-orders for the fall. Space Marine 2 and DQ3HD2D. I also pre-ordered Kingdome Come 2, all on Steam.

Between Gamepass and Plus, I'm waiting on more. I have 4 eyes on Metaphor and there may be an odd indie but I'm pretty secure in those for now. I'll be playing BO6 via Gamepass so that one doesn't count.

Resident Pelvis 4.gif what are you boyin?
Silent hill 2.

Lots of psvr2 games as i dont sweat my balls of in the heat

Bombolone

Gold Member
Black Ops 6.
I'm excited for this. I'm excited for Zombies.
October 25th, will be a nice Halloween treat. I hope Treyarch has some seasonal fun for the community. Late nights with this one.

My brother told me about this a bit ago. I was neither interested or disinterested.
I was in a thread about it earlier today where I saw video developer diary. I liked what I heard, so I want to give it a shot. I have played a couple of extraction shooters. EFT, CoDs version. EFT is fun and intense. Hopefully this can create that tension.

The more I see of this game the more it interests me, well enough to take a look at it. I don't have a grindy game that I can jump in and out of atm. This may be it.

And of course Wukong. When I heard it was more like GoW I became more interested in it. With all the beautiful gifs and shots circulating. The graphics look how I want artsytle and tech to meet. Like a Capcom.

Last edited:

kingwingin

Space marine 2, MGS3 Delta and I’m holding out hope for prime 2 and 3 release.

Gotta keep it lean this holiday in case I go broke buying a ps5 pro

Astro Bot
Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom
Mario and Luigi: Brotherhood
The Plucky Squire
Marvel Fighting Game Collection

Also some horror games for Halloween month. Silent Hill 2 being at the top of the list at moment.

Keeping an eye on other stuff, including Metaphor and Dragon Quest 3, but might wait for sales.

Edit: Forgot, I just bought Visions of Mana too.

Last edited:
Top Bottom