• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games for the fall, what are you buyin'?

Robb

Gold Member
first-look-at-box-art-for-mario-luigi-brothership-mario-v0-cd3pfjgvkc7d1.jpg
Zelda-Echoes-of-Wisdom-boxart.jpg

And hopefully:
960x0.png

Astro-Bot-PS5-cover.jpg

LiquidMetal14

hide your water-based mammals
Also elden ring.

I only played 2 hours at release . Its time to finally get into it.
Al Budny approves
There's a few games like this that are in the maybe pile.

I would have bought Fantasian if it was there for purchase on Steam. And that's so close to other games coming that one of my main issues is having the time to play.

Thank God for the Steak Deck or else I'd be more screwed.

lmimmfn

Please elaborate on the epic store part.
Ahh, my internet costs 20euro a month and i get 20euro credit which can be used on Epic Store. The credit accumulates so i had about 200euro to spend about 2 weeks ago and picked up FF 16, Manor Lords and Doom 1 & 2.

The max spend in a single transaction is 50 euro and normally new releases on EGS are above that so good to see FF16 was under 50.

Topher

Gold Member
I'll have to wait on PS5 Pro for Astro Bot. Probably hold off on Metaphor until then as well.

Assassin's Creed Shadows will be a Ubisoft+ rental.

Trilobit

It's still snowless here in november so I call it fall. And that means that Stalker 2 will like be my late-fall game.

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
I can't link the boxart of all the games I'm getting this fall since I'm writing from my mobile phone. That said, as far as new releases I'm grabbing the following:
  • Astro Bot (PS5)
  • Ace Atorney Investigations Collection (Switch)
  • Zelda Echoes of Wisdom (Switch)
  • Metaphor ReFantazio (PS5)
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake (PS5)
  • Marvel Fighting Game Collection (PS4)
  • Life is Strange Double Exposure (PS5)
  • Ys X Nordics (not 100% sure yet, as I might wait for a sale)
Dunno if this technically counts, but I also bought this week Emio – The Smiling Man: Famicom Detective Club and Tales from Toyotoki (both new releases on NSW).

There's also quite a few physical game releases coming this fall which I plan on buying: Indika, Tomb Raider Trilogy Remastered Deluxe Edition, Balatro, Alan Wake 2, WitchSpring R, Ginka, Stella of the End, and a bunch more.

Last edited:

Reaseru

Space Marine 2
DBZ Sparking Zero
(And maybe) Silent Hill 2.

Other games, only if they are available on a very good deal/promotion or via gamepass.

Despite not buying it personally , I will certainly play Metaphor ReFantazio.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I’m down a next gen console but I look at bo6, outlaws, I like assassins creed Japan.

Grabbing Mana in a little bit. DQ3 and Ys X and possibly COD later on (depending on if I feel like buying plus again).

Oh, also Astrobot, but I’ll probably wait on that a bit just because I don’t have the time to play more than one game at a time right now.

Last edited:

jburdick7

Neo Member
I bought Black Myth Wukong and am playing through it now, will pick up the pc version of FFXVI in a few weeks.

Otherwise the only other new games I’m planning on buying for now are Echoes Of Wisdom & Mario & Luigi Brothership. Might pick up the Plucky Squire too if I have time.

Nothing is really screaming “must play” to me so I’ll probably focus on my backlog and wait to pick up stuff like Indiana Jones when it’s on a discount.

LiquidMetal14

I can't link the boxart of all the games I'm getting this fall since I'm writing from my mobile phone. That said, as far as new releases I'm grabbing the following:
  • Astro Bot (PS5)
  • Ace Atorney Investigations Collection (Switch)
  • Zelda Echoes of Wisdom (Switch)
  • Metaphor ReFantazio (PS5)
  • Dragon Quest 3 HD-2D Remake (PS5)
  • Marvel Fighting Game Collection (PS4)
  • Life is Strange Double Exposure (PS5)
  • Ys X Nordics (not 100% sure yet, as I might wait for a sale)
Dunno if this technically counts, but I also bought this week Emio – The Smiling Man: Famicom Detective Club and Tales from Toyotoki (both new releases on NSW).

There's also quite a few physical game releases coming this fall which I plan on buying: Indika, Tomb Raider Trilogy Remastered Deluxe Edition, Balatro, Alan Wake 2, WitchSpring R, Ginka, Stella of the End, and a bunch more.
How does one find the time?!

Reaseru

I see a lot of people here are ready to sacrifice themselves for the Emperor this Fall. Blessed is the mind too small for doubt.

Last edited:

CrippledGod

Banned
My wife expressed interest in Astro Bot. So that gets added to the list but my list so far is:

- Star Wars Outlaws (currently playing)
- Dragon Age The Veilguard (preordered)
- Assassin's Creed Shadows (waiting for more info before release)

With my limited play time, I think this is all I would need easily until next year but I am keeping my eye depending on the scores on Stalker 2 and want to do one more run of BG3 after the last patch coming out soon.

Esca

Space marine 2
Diablo 4 expansion

Might grab the new cod for zombies

Otherwise I'll probably wait till other games I want are cheaper or patched up.
They're could be one or two games that come out I forgot or don't know I might grab when they release

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
  • 08/28 - Emio Smiling Man (just got delivered)
  • 08/29 - Gori: Cuddly Carnage (bought)
  • 08/29 - Shadow of the Ninja: Reborn (bought)
  • 08/29 - Valfaris: Mecha Therion (bought)
  • 09/03 - Star Trucker (GP)
  • 09/04 - Age of Mythology (GP)
  • 09/13 - Demon School
  • 09/26 - Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (pre-ordered)
  • 09/30 - Starfield: Shattered Space (bought)
  • 10/25 - Call of Duty: Black Ops 6 (GP)
  • 10/31 - Shadows of the Damned: Hella Remastered (pre-ordered)
  • 11/07 - Empire of Ants
  • 11/08 - Slitterhead
  • 11/14 - Dragon Quest III HD (pre-ordered)
  • 11/20 - Stalker 2 (GP)
  • 12/09 - Indiana Jones: and the Great Circle (GP)
Probably adding more indie games as well. Always do.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I already bought Space Marine 2 and Silent Hill 2 Remake. Very likely Frostpunk 2, AstroBot and maybe Slitterhead but none of those on release. AS:Shadows if I manage to get it free via the Ubi+ trick.

Eagerly waiting for news on PS5 Pro to see if I should really keep Wukong on hold

Last edited:

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
How does one find the time?!
Well, your OP is about buying and not necessarily playing games. 😅 From the ones I'm getting day one I'll be playing Emio (I'm already on Chapter 3), Astro Bot, Metaphor, LiS Double Exposure, Zelda, Indika, DQ3, WitchSpring R and probably a couple short VNs. The rest go to the backlog.

Last edited:

LiquidMetal14

Well, your OP is about buying and not necessarily playing games. 😅 From the ones I'm getting day one I'll be playing Emio (I'm already on Chapter 3), Astro Bot, Metaphor, LiS Double Exposure, Zelda, Indika, DQ3, WitchSpring R and probably a couple short VNs. The rest go to the backlog.
I definitely have been there. I used to buy 3 or 4 games a month. I realized I'd never best them all but I miss the days when I could reasonably buy every game. I trained myself to wait for a sale and spread out my purchases based on the time I have.

That was also the time when midnight launched were a thing (mid 2000's). I've since come back to Earth lol

TheSweeper

Dragon Age: The Veilguard and Assassin's Creed Shadows are preordered.

Also interested in Life is Strange Double Exposure and the Diablo expansion. But I'll get those once I have the time to play them. I'm fairly certain that Dragon Age is coing to consume me for months.

Stu_Hart

Neo Member
COD black ops 6. It's the only fun game I see myself playing in the next 3 or so months. The other releases are looking meh.

Last edited:

Mownoc

Will play near launch
Astrobot
Test Drive (if it actually turns out to be good)

Will probably play later
AC Shadows
Stalker 2
Dragon Age

Top Bottom