• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you'd like to see Remade/Reimagined?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
With the release of Doom 3 (which is essentially a retelling of Doom 1) and recently games like Twin Snakes and REmake I was wondering, what games would you guys like to see remade/reimagined?

My Votes:

art.jpg

interstate.jpg

Crusader.jpg

tiefighter.jpg

wasteland.jpg

xcom.jpg

darklands.jpg

starcontrol2.jpg

syndicate.jpg

snatcherfront.jpg

Policenauts.jpg

I want them done on next gen systems. Kojima has said he wants to make a futuristic game, so this would be a good way to do it.

Dyne

Mostly PS1 RPGs that I just can't play because they literally screw my eyes. Sprite games will always have a place in my heart and I could never bear to see them remade, unless done really well.

bjork

Guardian Legend.

Truly, no game needs an update more than this one, now that the Pirates! remake is almost out.

Stryder

Mike Tyson's Punch-Out!

Mike%20Tyson's%20Punch%20Out%201.png
Mike%20Tyson's%20Punch%20Out%202.png

(Perhaps for DS?)

edit : didn't even see Wario's suggestion above!.. guess Wario64 beat me to the punch *ba doom tish*

Pachinko

I seriously think square enix should go back and remake FF4 - 6 with modern day 3D techniques and such. Keep the original artwork on hand but redo those 3 games with the same care and devotion put into a new entry for the series. I mean really, do we want another new final fantasy game after FF12 ? I think the idea's about run its course myself. Start remaking them instead.

ferricide

i would definitely agree on FFVII. i'd like to replay it, but jesus christ is that ugly. 3D PS1 games do not age well. i'd much rather play SNES/genesis/PCE.

i'd also love to see them remake FFIV full-blown, but that's just my inner fanboy talking. there's no pressing reason to do so.

Dan

No longer boycotting the Wolfenstein franchise
Dare I say...
Star Wars: Rebellion

It was a flawed game but I had a freakin' blast with it. I'd love to see a new one made, or something pretty similar, in the Star Wars universe where you manage planet resources, amass armies and fleets and then take real-time command of your ships in battle.

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
937420465-00.gif

Remade by:

header.jpg

Seeing how Speedball Arena got canned im not too hopeful for this one though.

And Also, the one, the only

Shadowrun_(E)(663).png

BlueLegs

Half-Life
Perfect Dark
Deus Ex
Final Fantasy VII
Zelda - Majora's Mask
Vagrant Story

While none of these games are really old I would definately play through them again if they were remade. In fact if it was up to me, I would have pretty much every great 3D game which is more than 5 years old remade.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
BlueLegs said:
Half-Life
Zelda - Majora's Mask
I'd like to see Valve or some team in the mod community remake Half-Life using the HL2 engine.

MM doesn't need a remake.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Ghost said:
937420465-00.gif

Remade by:

header.jpg

Seeing how Speedball Arena got canned im not too hopeful for this one though.
Looks like you can read my mind. Yesterday I was thinking about an article on the new breed of european developers and I imagined a new Speedball, with the same art direction of the Bit Bros. and the technical power of Southend. Sheer brilliance.

BTW, looks like Southend is cooking something new and potentially cool. I can't wait.

hobbitx

equinox.jpg

olympus.gif

Champgreenwins.JPG

Not exactly like this, but an edgy update with more characters could be fun.
shot-1.jpg

Lastly, original Zelda 3d remake for next gen.

boutrosinit

Street Fighter IV World Champion
Funky Papa said:
Looks like you can read my mind. Yesterday I was thinking about an article on the new breed of european developers and I imagined a new Speedball, with the same art direction of the Bit Bros. and the technical power of Southend. Sheer brilliance.

BTW, looks like Southend is cooking something new and potentially cool. I can't wait.

A new Speedball will happen eventually, just not Speedball Arena. Who's Southend and what did they do?

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
Southend made Deathrow. They are working on something new, ive got the email somewhere, no details as yet though the guy holding a gun in the image i posted is probably a clue.

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
Southend did Deathrow, a rather obscure game which is pretty much the modern incarnation of Speedball. The game bombed HARD because of its publisher's incompetence, but it showed Southend's true talent to the world (the game was made by just seven people IIRC) and it became the first sleeper hit of the Xbox.

http://www.southend-interactive.com/games/main.htm#reviews (trailer and international scores)

deathrow_screen008.jpg

deathrow_screen003.jpg

1024667470.jpg

1036768691.jpg

Not bad for a first gen game made by a supersmall team of rookies.

shpankey

not an idiot
Out of this World
Flashback
Rock-N-Roll Racing
Return Fire
Whiplash (a crazy racing game for the PC)
Moto Racer
Slam-N-Jam basketball
Rastan
Super Sprint
Excitebike
Top Gear Racing

Edit: ^^^ thought of some more...

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Fuck yeah on Snatcher & Policenauts.

As well on Terranigma - Quintet made an awesome trilogy on SNES, where are they now? :(

Syndicate
Ultima's I - VII
Planescape: Torment
Tie Fighter
X-Wing
Duke Nukem
Diablo 2
Starcraft
System Shock
Shadowrun
Grim Fandango

I would have had Pirates on this list a few years back, can't wait for that one.

Zaptruder

Banned
I'll cast in a third vote for Syndicate.

Something between the cross of a HL2 engine FPS crossed with The Sims 2 style body building and base/house management and some Shogun Total war style strategy game (the board game part of it) could make a pretty interesting game...

But a modern remake of a game...

I'd want a cross of

Freespace/Elite...

Kinda like Frontier with soul.

screen_frontier_pc_cobra.jpg

eagle_3_bg.jpg

lordmrw

Shadowrun, both versions, I don't care. God that license is a fucking gold mine, why isn't someone jumping on that?

Final Fantasy 7 - I have the PC version, but that still doesn't really change the fact that its ugly now. Its like they couldn't decide on which graphic style to use and threw them all in. You've got your deformed models in town, full size models in battle, and then the same thing happened in the FMV.

Terranigma - I don't know whether I would prefer it being in 3d, or just high res 2d. Either way, I'd love to see this game again.

Actraiser - a game with the action sections of Actraiser 2 (with better controls, although that never bothered me), and a more complex version of the world building of Actraiser 1 would fucking own. I liked what they tried with Solo Crisis, so maybe something like that.

DCX

DCX
- G-Police- improve draw distance :) high poly, nice effects
- Colony Wars- Just higher poly the game was near perfect
- Wipeout XL- High poly, high res, super duper effects
- The Sword of Beserk- Resident Evil Zero type visuals, high poly models, rag doll pyschics, hit specfic damage
- Chrono Trigger- voice overs, completely 3D
- Final Fantasy VII- high res backgrounds, high poly models, voice over work
- Wild Arms- With voice, completely 3D
- Super Metriod- 2.5D Effects galore
- Perfect Dark- Would be nice if it used the Metriod Prime engine
- Gex Series- Jak III quality visuals
- Vagrant Story- Use the FFX engine
- Starcraft- Use Warcraft III engine
- Duke Nukem- use Doom III engine
- Blaster Master- completely 3D, in the vein of Red Dog for Dreamcast

DCX

epmode

Castlevania%202.gif
nes_0007_004.png
nes_0007_039.png

nes_0007_060.png
nes_0007_099.png

if any game needs a remake, it's this one. castlevania 2 was very much ahead of its time. rpg elements, a day-night cycle.. the "town to wilderness to dungeon and back again" travel system is awesome, and hasn't been recreated in any other castlevania game.

but for such a fantastic premise, it also has some huge, game-breaking flaws. a terrible translation, nonsensical quest, INVISIBLE PITS, etc.. a new (fixed,) game in the same style would be nice.

bobafett

Another World... This is a game that was totally revolutionary for its time.

Also, would be interesting to see remakes of:

H.E.R.O
Adventure
Syndicate
Parappa the Rapper

And many others...

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Actraiser, hell yeah!!

actraiser.jpg

actraiser.jpg

Sin and Punishment

sinpunish01.jpg

sap_1128_screen078.jpg

Dracula X:Rondo Of Blood

dracx-3.gif

dracx-1.gif

Blaster Master

blaster_master_02.gif

Cosmic Fantasy

7.jpg

And we need a Valkyrie Profile 2

039.jpg

belgurdo

Banned
I'd like to see a Sonic game with 2D gameplay and 3D backgrounds, and more diversity between the characters than "this one jumps higher, this one flies, etc."

Swordian

Any of the good 3D games from the PSX and N64. I played Goldeneye the other day, and while still really fun the graphics were in need of an overhaul. Between last generation and this one it feels like going from Atari to NES. The 3D just looks so...bland.

Top Bottom