• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2024 | OT | Please Bring E3 Back | 11a PT/2p ET/7p BST/7p CEST

Will you watch Gamescom 2024

• Yes!

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • No!

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • I will watch a summary later

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • I will be too busy playing Black Myth Wukong

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I will be too busy playing Concord

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RagnarokIV

Battlebus imprisoning me \m/ >.< \m/
I'm Nick Baynes and what you just saw was fuck all. Listen to me talk shit for a bit, bitch

diffusionx

Gold Member
Gpy0HeJ.jpeg

Chat summary
Auto-generated experiment • Quality may varyViewers are reacting negatively to the Gamescom event and the lack of information revealed about highly anticipated titles such as GTA 6, Kingdom Hearts 4, and Sonic 3.Many are expressing disappointment, using words like "terrible", "boring", and "mid" to describe the event.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Monster Hunter Wilds was only thing I care about this show.....

Joker was interesting choice and secret boss for P3 Reload but god I wish it was Nahobino.

MiguelItUp

Some interesting stuff, but nothing got me super excited. A feeling all too familiar these days. I was confused because in the beginning DOOM was mentioned. So I wondered if we were gonna see more DOOM, but I guess not? Maybe that was a slip-up, lol. Unless it's just gonna be some behind closed doors preview for press or something. Just weird that it was mentioned.

Last edited:
I got the impression Geoff knew at the end there the crowd were not exactly enamoured with the show

Without indies he probably would not be able to cover an hour

Last edited:

KXVXII9X

Sad Its Over GIF by Star Wars

Only a handful of things that had my interest. Maybe these shows will cure my insomnia. Yikes...

Funny enough, the Backyard Sports return announcement before the show was one of the best surprises this year. Also glad to finally see Batman Arkham Shadows and see the actual potential of the Quest 3. It looked great for standalone. It kind of confirmed that power isn't exactly the issue with the Q3, but the lack of exclusive AAA titles.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
What. Fucking shitshow.

Not a single wow moment

Top moment of cringe was that french idiot pushing his game.
Naming ancient fossils nobody gives a fuck about anymore

Last edited:

Ishma3L

Can we expect new announcements or new trailers for previously announced games outside of the opening ceremony?

Can we expect new announcements or new trailers for previously announced games outside of the opening ceremony?
If there are any, they will be smaller game announcements. Xbox is essentially doing a treehouse stream with gameplay showcases, for the next few days.

I miss E3, but there are so many game trailer shows now I don’t know how you could fit it all in. There is just so much crap.

Then again a lot of it is SLOP. So maybe a a single event where all the crap is cut might still have been the answer. Watching Gamescom your brain just goes numb after the 20th video game trailer.

Quoting you again to let you know that Future Games Show had a conference today.

Tons of AA and indie gameplay shown along with a few reveals, from mostly european devs.

‘A’ rating show for me.

Top Bottom