• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom 2024 | OT | Please Bring E3 Back | 11a PT/2p ET/7p BST/7p CEST

Will you watch Gamescom 2024

• Yes!

Votes: 46 40.7%
  • No!

Votes: 13 11.5%
  • I will watch a summary later

Votes: 41 36.3%
  • I will be too busy playing Black Myth Wukong

Votes: 4 3.5%
  • I will be too busy playing Concord

Votes: 9 8.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I miss E3, but there are so many game trailer shows now I don’t know how you could fit it all in. There is just so much crap.

Then again a lot of it is SLOP. So maybe a a single event where all the crap is cut might still have been the answer. Watching Gamescom your brain just goes numb after the 20th video game trailer.

Everyday I cry inside when I think about E3 nights. Settling in by my PC with a snack, some drinks and having the forums open in another window. Used to catch the live no matter what time of day.

Miss that so much 😭😭

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Everyday I cry inside when I think about E3 nights. Settling in by my PC with a snack, some drinks and having the forums open in another window. Used to catch the live no matter what time of day.

Miss that so much 😭😭
To me this show was boring because other than MHWilds most of the games they show off didn't interest me, what difference would it make it was on E3? Those games would still be boring for me regardless it was E3 show or not.

Maybe my mind set is different, what excites me is the games not the actual show itself.

Last edited:
To me this show was boring because other than MHWilds most of the games they show off didn't interest me, what difference would it make it was on E3? Those games would still be boring for me regardless it was E3 show or not.

Maybe my mind set is different, what excites me is the games not the actual show itself.
I think most of these games wouldn't make the cut. We have had a lot of big announcements this year. It all stacked into the big 3 would have been so much better. Relegate all this 6/10 indy shit to the booths where it belongs.

Danjin44

I think most of these games wouldn't make the cut. We have had a lot of big announcements this year. It all stacked into the big 3 would have been so much better. Relegate all this 6/10 indy shit to the booths where it belongs.
Then E3 would have nothing to show and we still end up back being boring.

if most of these AAA devs have nothing to show then it wouldn’t make much difference, they would simply skip E3.

Then E3 would have nothing to show and we still end up back being boring.

We have already had boring E3 showcases in the past with barely anything shown.

People have forgotten their existence and just remember the good stuff. It’s why I laugh when people say a showcase today full of AA or indie gameplay is rated a D or worse. They truly do not remember the absolute waste of time and money of certain E3 years.

Danjin44

We have already had boring E3 showcases in the past with barely anything shown.

People have forgotten their existence and just remember the good stuff. It’s why I laugh when people say a showcase today full of AA or indie gameplay is rated a D or worse. They truly do not remember the absolute waste of time and money of certain E3 years.
That’s nostalgic for you, remember the good parts and completely ignore the bad parts as if never happened.

Top Bottom