• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamescom Cologne 2009 - The Thread

Nemo

Will Eat Your Children
Insane Metal said:
http://i42.tinypic.com/i1i93t.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
Don't do this man. We ARE going to have some epic announcements! Game announcements, new hardware, new network stuff you name it. Christmas in summer!

IntelliHeath

As in "Heathcliff"
Teetris said:
Don't do this man. We ARE going to have some epic announcements! Game announcements, new hardware, new network stuff you name it. Christmas in summer!

Puppet-Laugh.gif

(Seriously, I really hope for some good announcement but wouldn't get my hope high)

Trevelyan

Banned
The only thing I want to come from the Sony conference is Jaffe's new game. Oh God please let it be Twisted Metal PS3. I will gladly give up my first born if it gets announced tomorrow.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
carlo6529 said:
I'm afraid it will get undershadowed by FFXIV.
lol, GW, a title with a base of 5 million players overshadowed by FFXIV which never reached one million....

nataku

I have to say that GW2 info finally coming out has me more excited than anything else happening this week. :D

I wasn't expecting anything until after Aion came out.

Vhalyar

godhandiscen said:
lol, GW, a title with a base of 5 million players overshadowed by FFXIV which never reached one million....

That's amazing. Did you use time travel or psychic powers, I'm curious :lol

Chris R

So where in Home is the video going to be played? It is a 2 hour delay right? I can keep myself off the internet/away from any media at all/ect until then to watch it "live"

tirminyl

rhfb said:
So where in Home is the video going to be played? It is a 2 hour delay right? I can keep myself off the internet/away from any media at all/ect until then to watch it "live"

They have a specific event space that you can go to in Home. Though, don't bother going in before that time because it appears PSN will be down during the conference from 9am-11am PST: http://bit.ly/3ehVz

I will predict that we may get some type of PS3 pricing information or price drop, but there will not be even a hint of any type of PS3 redesign or PS3 Slim. I think they may drop the price, get people to jump on the PS3 train, then they drop the slim further down the road and try to scrape up some repeat customers.

Kinan

B.K. said:
What time and day is Square Enix going to be demoing Final Fantasy XIV?

To public not earlier than Thursday. Suppose some info will start coming out of business area already at Wednesday though.

So, we're not getting any feeds? not even justin.tv?

I mean, i'll be away from work just for this... i have to get a stream... (Sony's conference)

I thought this was supposed to be a big deal. why aren't IGN/Gametrailers/Gamespot doing the feeds like they did on E3?

Eric WK

seattle6418 said:
So, we're not getting any feeds? not even justin.tv?

I mean, i'll be away from work just for this... i have to get a stream... (Sony's conference)

I thought this was supposed to be a big deal. why aren't IGN/Gametrailers/Gamespot doing the feeds like they did on E3?

Because it's not E3? They never did anything like that for the Leipzig Conventions so I'm not sure why you're expecting one now.

Flunkie

Banned
Eric WK said:
Because it's not E3? They never did anything like that for the Leipzig Conventions so I'm not sure why you're expecting one now.
There were a few Justin.tv streams for Leipzig.

Danneee

3rdamention said:
I will predict that we may get some type of PS3 pricing information or price drop

Thats hardly a prediction seeing that they always defend their (high) pricing. In other words, they will just tell people that the PS3 is good value for money.
If they lowered the PS3 price, how are they going to defend the high pricetag on the PSP go?

Chris R

tirminyl said:
They have a specific event space that you can go to in Home. Though, don't bother going in before that time because it appears PSN will be down during the conference from 9am-11am PST: http://bit.ly/3ehVz
Where is it at home? I'm currently sitting in the theater area so I'll go log out at the place tonight before PSN goes down.

I will be just in time for the conference, oohhyeahhh let the party begin.

Althoran said:
So what are the most exciting things being shown/announced on Gamescom?

I think everybody hopes for PS3 slim. Maybe some Bioshock 2 footage. FF14 ofcource and Alan Wake.

So I've searched GAF and Google (briefly) and I have yet to figure out why it is GamesCom

Con is usually used for Convention.

So is it...

Community?
Commerce?

shaft said:
I will be just in time for the conference, oohhyeahhh let the party begin.

I think everybody hopes for PS3 slim. Maybe some Bioshock 2 footage. FF14 ofcource and Alan Wake.

Wow did your Avatar just get me REAL good. It's night time and I seriously thought there was a bug crawling around on my screen.

Jonnyram

NorrenRadd said:
So I've searched GAF and Google (briefly) and I have yet to figure out why it is GamesCom

So is it...

Community?
Commerce?
You know how Germans turn english "v"s into "w"s? Well they turn "n"s into "m"s too.

Kinan

NorrenRadd said:

So is it...

Community?
Commerce?

Games and Communication. Sadly English version of the site is not working, so I cant quote it, but you can read it in German here.

They couldn't use Con, because it would be too close to the copyrighted name of the Games Convention in Leipzig.

Kinan

gibration said:
Wow, I really hope they stream it. Thanks for the links!

Thats hardly the links for today. I added them to OP, but first one will be available only from Wednesday and will talk mostly about cybersport scene, and second is about press day, which may show something today, but most likely its for Wednesday as well.

And, people, there are COUNTDOWNS in OP, just click on em, and do not ask how long till the X conference, please. :p

Top Bottom