• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

FyreWulff

I have a Taco Bell Destiny bundle that I've been too lazy to sell on Ebay. (I entered on a whim and won it despite already owning a PS4.)

Is it possible to just trade in the whole thing at Best Buy, unopened?

Stores generally don't take shrink wrapped items as trades, due the high chance that it's someone trying to flip a stolen good and nobody has a system for mint vs opened trade ins anyway. They need to open it to verify it.

Traded my old 3DS XL for the N3DS XL. Paid a difference of $103.

But good god is the process of transferring licenses a slow painful death. Just want to leave this GameStop.

Blader

My Gamestop was also completely unaware of the trade-in bonus. Though it could've also just been the guy I was talking to, who seemed particularly inept and screwed me out of some credit.

Fongul

For anyone trading in a Xbox One with a Kinect, you can trade in the Kinect for $63.67 @ Amazon instead of the $27.50 that Gamestop is offering.

Just make sure to select 'Acceptable', print the UPS label, throw it in a box and wait 2-3 weeks for your Amazon credit.

With the $262.50 ($175 base) for your Xbox One @Gamestop, it comes out to a hot $326.17. Sounds good for a dusty doorstop...

Fee

Never leave the store until they give you the amount that it should be

Shit. I just assumed i'd be able to contact customer support online or over the phone or something to get them to fix the error, I didn't realize trade ins had special rules. I've gotten too used to the amazing customer support amazon has it seems.

Hmm, been wanting to sell my Infamous Second Son(Limited Edition) and Animal Crossing New Leaf. I wonder if I'd get more through this promotion or selling elsewhere.

I just got back from trading in my old 3ds xl, and the clerk there said he heard of the promotion but couldn't find it in his system, so I didn't get the +50% bonus credit. Do you guys know where i should contact to try and get the rest of my credit? I re read the op and a few pages of the thread and didn't see anyone else having issues.

It's an automatic promotion at least stores in the US, likely what you got was with the 50%

coopolon

I just got back from trading in my old 3ds xl, and the clerk there said he heard of the promotion but couldn't find it in his system, so I didn't get the +50% bonus credit. Do you guys know where i should contact to try and get the rest of my credit? I re read the op and a few pages of the thread and didn't see anyone else having issues.

How much did you get? There was nothing the clerk had to do to enable the promotion, the system did it automatically in my case. Maybe you did get the extra 50%?

bobawesome

With the 50% I still got $217 out of it. Took along some games for 30% extra a pop and ended up with $380 in credit. I'm happy.

Yeah, $217 still sounds pretty good considering the amount of use I've gotten out of the system since buying it. I just hope it hovers around there until Tuesday.

DirtyLary

I just used this today.

WiiU got me $217 in store credit

Super Smash Bros got $40

and a PS3 netted another $55

Hurry before the values drop.

Korosenai

So I reformatted my PS Vita and it completely wiped my Vita, but when I went on my Sony account online it says it's still activated... I no longer have it with me and I can only deactivate it if I have it with me. I'm not gonna get hacked am I?

Edit: never mind, I found a button that just automatically did it. No worries now.

Hip Hop

You guys should sell your consoles on craigslist. You'll make more and it's cash instead of credit.

I really doubt anyone would want to pay even $200 for a Wii U where I live.

and if you are selling online, you can't compete with Nintendo selling refurbished consoles with 1 year warranty plus games.

$217 is an awesome price to sell. Plus you can turn it to Amazon credit. Almost as good as cash.

That's a hassle, requires more work and I am already guaranteed to get 217 dollars on a console i paid 200 for.

It takes 2 minutes to create a craigslist ad. Then you meet someone local and take them the system. That's not really more of a hassle when you are going to make more money. To each their own though.

Pbae

It takes 2 minutes to create a craigslist ad. Then you meet someone local and take them the system. That's not really more of a hassle when you are going to make more money. To each their own though.

The reality of selling it on craigslist is much more of a hassle.

1.Take pics.
2.Make an ad.
3. Wade through a bunch of emails, most of which are scams.
4.Designate a spot to meet and exchange.
5.Get murdered.

1.Take pics.
2.Make an ad.
5.Get murdered.

Have you sold anything on there? Taking pics and making an ad only takes a few minutes. I've never gotten spam emails, but I have gotten the fake texts which are incredibly easy to spot since they are from zip codes across the country and usually include your whole subject in the text. I always meet at a public place like Starbucks and have never had an issue.

Bowler

1.Take pics.
2.Make an ad.
5.Get murdered.

I lol'ed

I went ahead and did it. Feel good about it too. MS can try to win over my affections come the holidays again. They've got nothing for me until Halo 5 anyway. (And who knows? Maybe they'll make good on all that PC talk and I'll get to buy it there instead!
I know. What a joke...

coopolon

You guys should sell your consoles on craigslist. You'll make more and it's cash instead of credit.

GameStop is paying $217 for a used wiiu. You can get a refurbished wii u from Nintendo for 230. Someone would have to be insane to pay $217 for a used one on Craigslist.

Cash is best, but I buy so much stuff on Amazon it is like cash for me. Normally I agree, GameStop is not a great deal, but in this case the extra 50% makes it as good, if not better, than selling privately.

Korosenai

Have you sold anything on there? Taking pics and making an ad only takes a few minutes. I've never gotten spam emails, but I have gotten the fake texts which are incredibly easy to spot since they are from zip codes across the country and usually include your whole subject in the text. I always meet at a public place like Starbucks and have never had an issue.
Craigslist employee confirmed.

Krakn3Dfx

1.Take pics.
2.Make an ad.
5.Get murdered.

6. Be forever remembered in Lifetime Movie form.

Tanoooki

I dunno if anyone's posted it yet but Nintendo has refurb Wii U's preloaded with Super Mario 3D World and Nintendo Land for $232

tcrunch

At a ball game so more details later...but did this today with 3ds xl. and some games. walked out w/new 3ds, omega ruby, majora, monhu4, and $20 credit left, they said pro p-up req'd, no 50% bonus on games from list in op. sry my typing, phone sucks.

Just saw this post. I've been working all weekend, but I'll be heading to gamestop tomorrow to dump some games. It's been awhile and I have a lot I need to get rid off.

Namikaze

Traded in:

DS
DS lite
Wii
OG PS2
1 Sixaxis
1 Dualshock 3
1 Wii classic controller
2 Wii remotes (no motionplus)

Goat $173, I'm happy to get rid of the clutter. Now to find someone to take my GBA, GBASP, and N64...

BFIB

So I remembered why I hate GameStop. Went to the first one, and the dude takes out my console. It has a few scratches on the glossy part, so the dude tells he he'd have to mark it as "damaged".

Try the other one in town, that guy said the consoles have to "look perfect". I honestly didn't know there were some marks on it since its on my shelf. I always laid my controller on that part of the console, guess it put the scuffs on there.

Either way, kind of ridiculous, but it's Gamestop, not too surprised.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Tempted to trade Mario Kart 7 in for $20 since I bought that for like $5 on Black Friday. I don't think I'll ever play it, lol.

redhairedking

So I remembered why I hate GameStop. Went to the first one, and the dude takes out my console. It has a few scratches on the glossy part, so the dude tells he he'd have to mark it as "damaged".

Try the other one in town, that guy said the consoles have to "look perfect". I honestly didn't know there were some marks on it since its on my shelf. I always laid my controller on that part of the console, guess it put the scuffs on there.

Either way, kind of ridiculous, but it's Gamestop, not too surprised.

I'm surprised, but know that I definitely should not be. Gamestop treats their preowned inventory like crap so I just figured they didn't care about what condition it was received in.

IKizzLE

I've used craigslist a lot in the past and it's no where as simple as you put.
Already got 220 from a gameztop....a price that I'm sure I wouldn't have gotten on Craig's list in my city without a lot of work since its pretty much this price on Nintendo's website refurbished.

blackjaw

Well if X1 price holds I'll probably dump it tomorrow. After all my friends left Destiny it has been sitting collecting dust. My kid likes to push the button on the controller occasionally because it lights up which he finds hilarious.

Only thing that could lure me back to the MS environment would be some sort of exclusivity of Elder Scrolls or Falllout...or Dragon Quest...probably won't happen.

tcrunch

Okay, here is the list of stuff of traded in and the prices I got for it. The guys at my store said it was only for Power-Up Pro so I had to pay $15 for that.

I wrote down the unmodified trade-in (credit) prices of everything I brought before I went to the store, I have put them in [] here. As I mentioned above, none of my games got the 50% bonus, only the system, even though the games were on the list in the OP. However Power-Up Pro by default gives a 10% bonus to all trade-ins.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

$105 [70] 3DS XL w/AC+Stylus
$13.20 [12] Pokemon Y
$16.50 [15] Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate

$33.00 [30] The Last of Us Remastered
$27.50 [25] Alien: Isolation (PS4)
$27.50 [25] Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor (PS4)

$33.00 [30] The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker HD
$2.75 [2.50] NintendoLand

$3.30 [3] The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim (PS3)

$38.50 [35] The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
$22.00 [20] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (Wii)
$22.00 [20] New Super Mario Bros (Wii)
$22.00 [20] Super Smash Bros Brawl (Wii)
$2.75 [2.25] Metroid Prime 3: Corruption (Wii)
$1.37 [1.25] Monter Hunter Tri (Wii)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

TOTAL: $370 [-$15 for Power Up Pro card = $355]

Odrion

Banned
Sold in my 3DS XL for $150 towards the New 3DS XL. Still angry the US won't get the normal size, but hey I'll take another XL for $50.

1.Take pics.
2.Make an ad.
5.Get murdered.
Haha one time I met a guy at a Hess gas station, selling the old. Kinect, the guy tries to pay me with a $100 bill... I kindly asked him if he didn't mind braking it to $20s inside the convenience store. As soon as I asked, the son of a gun ran into his car and left. Gotta be careful with Craigslist lots of druggies and scamers.

Top Bottom