• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop having a 50% console trade in bonus week, $232 for Wii U (USA)

coopolon

Because math?

The trade in value listed on the website is $70. He said before the bonus he was only getting 60. Your sarcasm implies I am missing something obvious, for which I apologize. However seeing as I would like to trade in a 3ds xl later today and want to get as much for it as possible, I am still interested in knowing why he was getting less than the website lists as the trade in value. Do different stores offer different amounts, or was something wrong with his system?

Assanova

While this is very tempting, I'm holding on to my Wii U. I know that as soon as a new big game drops, I'll regret getting rid of it. It's not like I need the trade value anyway.

Krakn3Dfx

Not that I know of. We primarily just check HDD sizes on PS3/360's but you could always get an employee that does all of the testing that they're supposed to when taking a system in trade.

I went ahead and just put the 500GB one I pulled back in, no reason to tempt fate.

Also decided to trade in my OG Vita for $90 and maybe pick up a Vita Lite if they have the Borderlands bundle in stock.

Damn, $262 is super tempting for my Xbox One. I feel like I'm not going to play *maybe* the end of the year and by then I imagine they'll be some insane Black Friday days.

//ARCANUM

Anyone know if GameStop sells gift cards for Amazon? I heard they have "kindle" gift cards, but are these the same as regular Amazon gift cards?

Also - I'm looking up trade values on their app now, are they already taking into account the bonus? For example Its telling me Forza 5 is worth $27.50. Is that before or after 50% bonus?

Schryver

Any chance I will ever get more for Destiny on PS4 than the $25 they are offering? I should have sold it like 5 months ago lol

Man, I sure miss my PS3 and being able to go back to games like Demon's Souls and all of the other great stuff that I own for it. I am going to get another one, maybe with this deal. Not sure yet.

I'm thinking of trading it in, my PS3 is somewhat broken, after keeping it plugged in for X amount of time it won't turn on, but if you unplug it for a while, it'll work again.

Assanova

Anyone know if GameStop sells gift cards for Amazon? I heard they have "kindle" gift cards, but are these the same as regular Amazon gift cards?

Also - I'm looking up trade values on their app now, are they already taking into account the bonus? For example Its telling me Forza 5 is worth $27.50. Is that before or after 50% bonus?

I believe that they are all the same. I bought a couple for family members during Christmas.

The trade in value listed on the website is $70. He said before the bonus he was only getting 60. Your sarcasm implies I am missing something obvious, for which I apologize. However seeing as I would like to trade in a 3ds xl later today and want to get as much for it as possible, I am still interested in knowing why he was getting less than the website lists as the trade in value. Do different stores offer different amounts, or was something wrong with his system?

the trade in is $68.50 before the 1.5 multiplier. It will show as $68.50 on the website unless you take it into the store and they scan it. When they do the promo will be applied and it will get bumped up to $101, I just did it last night to purchase a n3DS.

jrDev

So I gave Nintendo Customer Service a call and all they told me to do was take down the serial number of my older 3DS and call them back when I get the new 3DS and they will do my transfer for me. YES!!! That's all it took guys, just a minute!

//ARCANUM

the trade in is $68.50 before the 1.5 multiplier. It will show as $68.50 on the website unless you take it into the store and they scan it. When they do the promo will be applied and it will get bumped up to $101, I just did it last night to purchase a n3DS.

Is this the same on games? Will a game that's 27.50 on the site (Forza 5) become 41.25 in store? If so that is insane.

Is this the same on games? Will a game that's 27.50 on the site (Forza 5) become 41.25 in store? If so that is insane.

Only consoles have the 1.5 multiplier. The games in the OP are the only one that I am aware of that have better trade in value. I traded in fifa 14 to see if the bonuses applied and I only got $4.40 for it.

//ARCANUM

Can anyone devise a way to go from GameStop trade in credit to turning that in to one of those $225 refurb Wii U's on nintendo's web store?

I know GameStop sells different gift cards, but how could I turn one of those into a basic visa gift card or something like that to use on nintendo's site?

Can anyone devise a way to go from GameStop trade in credit to turning that in to one of those $225 refurb Wii U's on nintendo's web store?

I know GameStop sells different gift cards, but how could I turn one of those into a basic visa gift card or something like that to use on nintendo's site?
I'm not sure if you'd want to go through the hassle, but I usually sell GameStop Gift-card's I don't need online for cash through PayPal. I've sold several on one website and never run into any issues although you have to wait a few days before they send you the payment.

I wasn't sure if we're allowed to post that kind of stuff, but I can PM you the website if you want.

Krakn3Dfx

Trade-in done.

$345+$33 trade-in old PS4 w/ flaky controller+TLOU:Remastered,immediately went towards a new TLOU:Remastered PS4 bundle+Destiny for $410.

Drove to the Gamestop literally right across the street, got $27 trade-in for Destiny.

$10 PSN credit in the box.

End cost: Taxes paid +/- $5.

Also traded in my launch Vita plus a few Vita games, so walked away with roughly $115 credit on a Gamestop gift card. Will likely put that towards a Borderland 2 Vita bundle when I get paid next week. Not going to lie, I already miss my Vita, and may end up just grabbing one later today.

So I'm pretty tempted to get rid of my Xbox One at this point. It's been ages since I turned it on, and whilst I would still certainly Halo, that's r ally the only thing on the horizon I'm interested in.

Part of me says, "You've got a PC... Trust that MS will put Halo there. Trust that they'll implement cross buy for some of your digital titles." But I really don't believe that. If you had bought your Xbox One for $270 originally, would you do it?

ironcreed

Banned
As much as I love the Wii U, all I wanted for the rest of the year was Xenoblade, Devil's Third and Zelda and have not been playing it enough recently anyway. I figure I can always grab another one cheap down the road.

Anyway, I took the Wii U and about 9 games and ended up with $380. Ended up getting me another 500 GB PS3 and split the rest up for $80 in Xbox cards and $80 in PSN cards. I'm so happy to have my PS3 and library for it back.

How much is the trade in for a launch Xbox One "with" kinect? It's not even listed in the trade in area.

I never play that shit and am looking to trade even for a Wii U with games.

I can 100% confirm that the Kindle cards work on Amazon.com. I just spent $500 on Amazon with the cards I got from my trade in yesterday at Gamestop. No issues to be had.

How much is the trade in for a launch Xbox One "with" kinect? It's not even listed in the trade in area.

I never play that shit and am looking to trade even for a Wii U with games.

The Xbox One Kinect is listed under accessories. It nets $25 ($27.50 with pro card).

So 175 for Xbox One plus 50% bonus would be $262.50 + 25 = $287.50.

The Xbox One Kinect is listed under accessories. It nets $25 ($27.50 with pro card).

So 175 for Xbox One plus 50% bonus would be $262.50 + 25 = $287.50.

I had no issue selling my kinect on craigslist for $100. That's the route I'd take after trading the console in.

So I'm pretty tempted to get rid of my Xbox One at this point. It's been ages since I turned it on, and whilst I would still certainly Halo, that's r ally the only thing on the horizon I'm interested in.

Part of me says, "You've got a PC... Trust that MS will put Halo there. Trust that they'll implement cross buy for some of your digital titles." But I really don't believe that. If you had bought your Xbox One for $270 originally, would you do it?

I've literally booted enough times to play through Ryse and some of Dead Rising at launch. So maybe 6 times? At this point I'm only keeping it for Quantum Break, it's really sad.

OmegaMan

Neo Member

The 50% bonus only applies to system trade-ins, not games.

coopolon

Ended up selling 3ds xl for $105, WiiU for $217.50, and Vita for $90. Plus some accessories came out to $450. The WiiU I basically rented for a year for $15, and the Vita for 2 years for $20.

I can't complain too much because these trade in values are insanely good, but having to deal with the clerks at gamestops reminded me why I never ever shop at GameStop.

At the first one the guy didn't know about the deal. I told him it's fine, just ring it up, it will automatically apply. He wasn't comfortable with that so he made me wait while he called 3 different shops until he found one that had heard of it. Then he rings everything up but then remembers I have to fill out a form for console trade-ins, and their printer is broken so he can't print the form out, which he means he can't accept console trade-ins. He couldn't have remembered that before we waited while he called a bunch of shops and then entered all the systems in? The guy at the second store wasn't as bad, just a VERRRY slow typist.

Alls well that ends well though. With this I bid adieu to console gaming, and hopefully GameStop!

What does anyone think the chances of the n3DS getting a Xenoblade edition are? I could trade in my ALBW XL and some games and get a N3DS for ~$30 but I don't want to get one now only for a Xenoblade 3DS to get announced in a week.

//ARCANUM

well poop. I traded in some games and got amazon gift cards thinking I could sell those on cardpool but apparently they don't take amazon gift cards for some reason. sigh.

well I have $75 worth of amazon gift cards now if anyone wants to buy them for $72 paypal gifted or wants to make a trade for best buy gift cards.

I got my Xbone for around $120 with a best buy promo they were offering for 360. I'd trade it in but 270 for it isn't enough for me to sell it if I know I'll purchase it again down the line. I do want to get a wii u though but I'd rather just try and get a refurbished one direct from Nintendo. I rarely turn on my Xbox so I'm tempted but I need to stop trading in consoles and rebuying them.

well poop. I traded in some games and got amazon gift cards thinking I could sell those on cardpool but apparently they don't take amazon gift cards for some reason. sigh.

well I have $75 worth of amazon gift cards now if anyone wants to buy them for $72 paypal gifted or wants to make a trade for best buy gift cards.

If no one in this thread bites then I'd take it over to the Buy/Sell/Trade thread. Someone there will surely do it. I've done a few deals there so I'd recommend it.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1002170

Warablo

So I got the deal but had to pay $15 for a subscription for the extra "PRO"... Anyway my system restore didn't delete anything and my profiles and stuff are still on there plus its still activated as a primary system..

Does anyone know if I get a new PS4 in the future and recover my account that I can activate that one as my primary system. Because it won't let you do it online.

So I got the deal but had to pay $15 for a subscription for the extra "PRO"... Anyway my system restore didn't delete anything and my profiles and stuff are still on there plus its still activated as a primary system..

Does anyone know if I get a new PS4 in the future and recover my account that I can activate that one as my primary system. Because it won't let you do it online.

You shouldn't have had to pay anything extra. I was able to get the deal with my free powerups membership.

minx

So is this working for games too? Just went in to trade in two games and I have a free power up card. They had no clue about the bonus and it wasn't automatically applied.

You can de-activate a PS4 online Go to
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/home/index!display.action

then Devices at the top, Playstation Systems, My PS4, and Deactivate it.

So is this working for games too? Just went in to trade in two games and I have a free power up card. They had no clue about the bonus and it wasn't automatically applied.

50% bonus applies only to console trade ins, however many games got a boost from their trade in value last week you'd have to check individual games. I traded in Super Smash Wii U for $44 for example and it was $27 last week.

Fee

I just got back from trading in my old 3ds xl, and the clerk there said he heard of the promotion but couldn't find it in his system, so I didn't get the +50% bonus credit. Do you guys know where i should contact to try and get the rest of my credit? I re read the op and a few pages of the thread and didn't see anyone else having issues.

I just got back from trading in my old 3ds xl, and the clerk there said he heard of the promotion but couldn't find it in his system, so I didn't get the +50% bonus credit. Do you guys know where i should contact to try and get the rest of my credit? I re read the op and a few pages of the thread and didn't see anyone else having issues.
Worst thing you could have done is finished the transaction they definitely won't give you anything else because all trade-ins are final.

It should have all been automatic. He would have just scanned your 3DS and then your Power up Pro card and it would ring up the 50% extra automatically.

//ARCANUM

wow... why did you even go through with it? you're definitely not gonna get the extra 50% credit now.

Warablo

You can de-activate a PS4 online Go to
https://account.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/liquid/home/index!display.action

then Devices at the top, Playstation Systems, My PS4, and Deactivate it.

50% bonus applies only to console trade ins, however many games got a boost from their trade in value last week you'd have to check individual games. I traded in Super Smash Wii U for $44 for example and it was $27 last week.

It tells you that you have to deactivate it from the console..

Anyway hopefully my accounts are password protected and aren't hacked, and hopefully if I buy a PS4 I can activate it as my primary..

EDIT: You can deactivate all Sony systems, you just gotta go through the menus the right way.

They were advertising it right at the front desk at my local store. They were very aware of it.

Haha when I called in to ask about the trade ins yesterday, no one knew what i was talking about but when they tried to punch in the dsi to check the trade in value it instantly popped up. Went back to get rid of ff x/x-2 remastered and they had flyers in the store today

Top Bottom