• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Auctopus

Already posted this in the Youtube comments but that bar filling up was something to do with Bloodborne wasn't it? I can sort of guess what happens when the bar fills up so I hope I just didn't have that surprise ruined for me ahead of the Friday release.

Hasney

Holy shit, that was amazing

Qx0JPzl.gif

gafneo

Banned
The video player sucked so bad that none of their shows got viewed and they lost a hot redheaded host that I don't know the name of because I could never get a video going. I used to visit gt on a regular basis, but gave up after they changed the player. The ones that refuse to go to a better player are definetly not getting more money this way. I don't know what benefits they are reaping from not getting views.

dex3108

The video player sucked so bad that none of their shows got viewed and they lost a hot redheaded host that I don't know the name of because I could never get a video going. I used to visit gt on a regular basis, but gave up after they changed the player. The ones that refuse to go to a better player are definetly not getting more money this way. I don't know what benefits they are reaping from not getting views.

GT Content is available on YouTube too.

Hasney

It's all on YouTube now and Andrea Renee still works there.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lmao, the Final Gametrailers.
It's going to be funnily sad when it's the last video Gametrailers does, poetic.

I really want to watch the 2 Just Played on Bloodborne but I dont want to run into spoilers...

Anyone know if they are spoiler heavy?

Auctopus

The Disney Infinity guy seemed like a really nice guy.

However, he really didn't need to try so hard. He'd flop between "I'm a real gamer!! Believe me!" and then straight up PR talk, really odd. He just needs to cool down a little and then he wouldn't make mistakes like "The Order: 1888" or "Ninja Theory" But yeah, he seems enthusiastic about his brand which is great. Great get for Brandon.

UrbanRats

The Disney Infinity guy seemed like a really nice guy.

However, he really didn't need to try so hard. He'd flop between "I'm a real gamer!! Believe me!" and then straight up PR talk, really odd. He just needs to cool down a little and then he wouldn't make mistakes like "The Order: 1888" or "Ninja Theory" But yeah, he seems enthusiastic about his brand which is great. Great get for Brandon.

He's often with the GiantBomb guys as well, seems like a fun guy.
----------------------------------------
Watching part 2 of the BB just played, Kyle saying he plays with podcasts and tvshows on...
iM22EyD0lHYp8.gif

lil

Finally got caught up on the Bosmans I missed. If you told me two years ago I'd tune in every week to watch this one dude sit at a desk and talk about video games, I'd have laughed in your face, but I've watched every epidode since the first unnoficial one was posted on GAF. Love it. Happy 2nd birthday to you, The Finsl Bosman, and many moreeee. 🎵

sora87

I play with podcasts on sometimes, more so with Twitch on in the background these days though, between Kinda Funny and GT there's always something to have on while doing the more boring parts in games like grinding etc.

ito007

I play with podcasts on sometimes, more so with Twitch on in the background these days though, between Kinda Funny and GT there's always something to have on while doing the more boring parts in games like grinding etc.
I find it relaxing to have that stuff go on while playing COD multiplayer. Just mindless running, gunning, and dying is well complimented by semi intellectual conversation

Hasney

GT Time was pretty good, especially considering the lack of news this week.

Only halfway through Tabletop Adventures but this is an incredible episode.

jyoung188

Are they going to upload all Tabletop Adventures episodes on YouTube?

I hope they do, I've been slowly working through the backlog trying to catch up but the video player on their website is so bad. It'll stutter and be out of sync and get half way through and just decide not to play any more. In a single episode I'll have to try different computers and browsers just to make it through one. Sometimes switching from streaming to progressive helps get through one of those ad breaks or whatever where the video locks up and refuses to play. But tabletop adventures is worth the hassle because it's so great, I'm at episode 15 so only a few more until I can start watching them on YouTube thankfully.

Nice Taylor De Swift reference in the latest episode. The dark days of Tabletop Adventures.

Surprised Blood didn't get involved with this. I guess he was just too busy. I hope he and/or Brandon can join in on a different story sometime when one of the regulars are absent.

Hasney

Nice Taylor De Swift reference in the latest episode. The dark days of Tabletop Adventures.

Surprised Blood didn't get involved with this. I guess he was just too busy. I hope he and/or Brandon can join in on a different story sometime when one of the regulars are absent.

It was mentioned on GT Time that Blood and Brandon are often there until midnight as it is, so I wouldn't hold your breath.

ito007

tabletop adventures was so amazing this week. there were great moments right after the other.
that weapon room and those bedrooms really should have been looted more, but I guess it's good on Kyle and Huber to stay in character and resist. hogger eventually picking up like 9 axes or something though just destroyed me lol.

Ray Marden

Neo Member
I never got into the tabletop gaming videos (I tried watching one, but stopped after 30 minutes of droning on about the rules...,) but I otherwise love all crew at GT.

I realize this is an absurd statement given what the site is named, but they need to get away from Gametrailers and push more consistent custom content (let's plays, podcasts, roundtable discussions, etc.) Otherwise, I've been fed so many lies by developers and publishers alike that I nearly always ignore every game trailer - a trailer nearly always looks good and is often not indicative of the final game. I tend to have the site playing in a window while doing work and it can often be chore to find the recurring content; the front page isn't the best about displaying it.

Huber will always be showered with shame after using shenanigans to steal to title from Bossy! Meanwhile, Mandatory Update is outright hilarious!

lil

Ahahaha the beginning of MU was perfect. Exactly how I've felt this week as a huge Life Is Strange fan. Elyse's YOU DIED signs were great, too.

I never got into the tabletop gaming videos (I tried watching one, but stopped after 30 minutes of droning on about the rules...,) but I otherwise love all crew at GT.

I realize this is an absurd statement given what the site is named, but they need to get away from Gametrailers and push more consistent custom content (let's plays, podcasts, roundtable discussions, etc.) Otherwise, I've been fed so many lies by developers and publishers alike that I nearly always ignore every game trailer - a trailer nearly always looks good and is often not indicative of the final game. I tend to have the site playing in a window while doing work and it can often be chore to find the recurring content; the front page isn't the best about displaying it.

Huber will always be showered with shame after using shenanigans to steal to title from Bossy! Meanwhile, Mandatory Update is outright hilarious!
Heh, the whole reason it's hard to find specific original content is because we're making so much of it. There's an original show every day, plus a Just Played conversation about game, and a live stream, not counting reviews, previews, interviews etc. We're still posting trailers of course, but they're hardly ever featured in the main carousel.

Just received this email:

Message: Congratulations on your 5th place weekly finish in the Joust-Gametrailers.com contest.

Gift Length: 3 Months

Game Plan: 1-Game Plan

For Gamefly.

Now, being from the UK I assume this is no good to me. Would anyone in here like the code?

Top Bottom