• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

I can't start with TTA unless all episodes are on YouTube. I'm usually not someone who has a problem with the player on the site, but it really just didn't work the last time I wanted to watch TTA. The iPad app struggled as well.

I can't start with TTA unless all episodes are on YouTube. I'm usually not oneome who has a problem with the player on the site, but it really just didn't work the last time I wanted to watch TTA. The iPad app struggled as well.

Switching to Progressive instead of Streaming can help on some problems but I agree, it was high time they got on the youtube wagon.

Kinyou

New GT Time

Time to solve this La Li Lu Le Lo business once and for all

lalin1u0o.jpg

That was a great episode of GT time, they threw some people under the bus. Also I agree with Jones on halo. 1-3 is so good on its own with a great beginning, middle and end and everything after is just "meh".

Guerrilla

best episode of GT Time yet in my opinion and that is not lastly due to Andrea Rene. There's finally some different opinions there. Let's not kid ourselves, the regular cast of GT Time is strongly biased towards ps4 and they have made no secret out of that. I watch nearly all of their videos and I think I have yet to hear a positive comment regarding the xb1 from them. This is not meant as a salty remark, I love my ps4 as much as the next guy, but I also love my xb1. Some more balanced discussion is a great fresh breath of air for Gametrailers imo. GT is my favorite gaming crew, I would just love there to be more varied opinions...

@Brandon I don't get why there can't be more than one conflict within the Halo Universe. The fight of Halo1-3 was in fact finished in halo 3. This is a new completely different thing in halo 4-6 and I would even go so far as saying Halo 4 had the best and most rich story of all the halos yet. Just give it a try, you might be pleasently surprised. If you can do the grind that is bloodborne, you can do the 8 hours that is halo 4 on normal..

MGS 5 is going to be great and MGS 4 was also great even though MGS 3 was openly meant to be the last game of the series. That won't sour my experience. I'm too busy enjoying great video games to think about passing on these gems by a matter of a (imo very very unnecessary) principle...

ito007

best episode of GT Time yet in my opinion and that is not lastly due to Andrea Rene. There's finally some different opinions there. Let's not kid ourselves, the regular cast of GT Time is strongly biased towards ps4 and they have made no secret out of that. I watch nearly all of their videos and I think I have yet to hear a positive comment regarding the xb1 from them. This is not meant as a salty remark, I love my ps4 as much as the next guy, but I also love my xb1. Some more balanced discussion is a great fresh breath of air for Gametrailers imo. GT is my favorite gaming crew, I would just love there to be more varied opinions...

@Brandon I don't get why there can't be more than one conflict within the Halo Universe. The fight of Halo1-3 was in fact finished in halo 3. This is a new completely different thing in halo 4-6 and I would even go so far as saying Halo 4 had the best and most rich story of all the halos yet. Just give it a try, you might be pleasently surprised. If you can do the grind that is bloodborne, you can do the 8 hours that is halo 4 on normal..

MGS 5 is going to be great and MGS 4 was also great even though MGS 3 was openly meant to be the last game of the series. That won't sour my experience. I'm too busy enjoying great video games to think about passing on these gems by a matter of a (imo very very unnecessary) principle...
I think Brandon's point is that he is bothered by the fact that they kept implying that halo was going to be done when it wasn't. Not just the conflict but the whole thing, at least that's how I got it.

I do agree with you though that it is pretty picky. Opinions though. I always get irritated and picky whenever they bring up amiibos. I understand the reasoning behind their frustration, but I just don't see why they can't get passed it. That's just me though. The show wouldn't be entertaining without it.

UrbanRats

Didn't watch GT time yet, but just wanted to chime in and also say that the last batch of videos (Huber Hype/Bosman etc) was just superb.
Amazing work.

I gotta say I was kinda bummed when Ryan Stevens left because I thought he was a pretty cool dude and that he was pretty impartial and honest as a journalist....

Same for when Michael Damiani who obviously loves video games more than anything and he was a pretty down to earth dude...

But they managed to pull through and they're giving us some fantastic content. Plus all the guys there now obviously all are pretty honest and love video games, which is very important!

I visit the site regularly even though I don't watch all their shows....

Bosman, M.U., G.T. Time and Bonus Round i watch every week!!!

Keep up the good work.

when is Blood getting his own show?

Dsyndrome

Awesome GT Time. I think everyone's going to be massively wrong in their bets for DS 2: Scholar of the First Sin on Xbone; it's currently sitting at 70 on the hourly Best Sellers, and that's down from last night.

Love how everyone gets so worked up over the MGS Patriots discussion, and Andrea Rene's like "I don't even care". It's Nanomachines, son.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Some guys here have made fun previously on what Brandon said, and it's true, it's essentially "FINISH THE FIGHT... AGAIN!", but I don't mind because Halo 5 seems to be shaping up great, storyline wise, even if they did mention that they seem to have come up with Spartan Locke after Halo 4, which does appear to be true.

sora87

GT Time was cool, it's a shame Andrea isn't around as much and isn't featured in their streams or anything, she's got a really cool personality.
I hope they show them playing Bloodborne a little further in sometime, they've done like 3 streams of just the starting area now, I wanna see how they handle things later on.

Auctopus

GT Time was cool, it's a shame Andrea isn't around as much and isn't featured in their streams or anything, she's got a really cool personality.
I hope they show them playing Bloodborne a little further in sometime, they've done like 3 streams of just the starting area now, I wanna see how they handle things later on.

They're taking on too many streams tbh, even Blood said so.

They have full playthrough Fridays, GT Live, Toybox Tuesdays and they try and stream new games each week.

Ben and Huber both want to do a Waste of Skin play through but realistically, an hour each night would take over half a year to complete, during which the team would become busier and busier with the big game reviews dropping this year.

She lives in San Francisco and the GT office is in LA. I'm sure they'd love to have her in more stuff but that's only possible when she's in town.

iNvid02

I thought GT was going to deteriorate and die a slow death but they've really kept things going well, enjoying a load of their recent content.

Finally got around to watch GT Time.

It was a good show with good discussions. I'm not sure if I completely agree with Brandon about Halo and Uncharted. I get where he's coming from, but I don't think it's reasonable to expect that these publishers just drop the franchises like that.

The titles of the segments on the TV are a good idea and while I know that they're still experimental, I thought they looked terrible. Like someone was in a hurry and quickly put them together on their iPhone or iPad (the horrible colors remind me too much of iOS).

This is the first time I've seen anything from Andrea, simply because I don't like watching the Just Played videos with her and I wasn't interested in serious gaming news, when there's Mandatory Update instead (yes, Elyse and Ian, you killed Andrea's show!). The reason for the JP is the same that was mentioned by another user. Doing this over Skype doesn't feel "right".

Anyway, as it turns out, Andrea is really great and it's a bit of a shame that she won't be there more often. It definitely felt a bit like a breath of fresh air. Especially her stance on Amiibos (and Bloodborne) l. It also has something to do with the fact that she's and Elyse are the only women on the staff (that I know of at least). I'm sure some would count Ian as well, but that's debatable.

Good stuff all around. Can't wait for more.

BTW, I know that some of the GT people are on NeoGAF or at least read it, but does anything that gets mentioned here factored into the show? Like, is our feedback even considered? I guess it's a bit harder to pull the feedback out of a running discussion/thread compared to the comments on their page.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Let's Be Direct - Mandatory Update

It's starts awesome and gets better bahahaha.

So many digs at each other lmao. I think I learned more about them with this episode than with all the other episodes ahaha

tok9

Ya it was really good.

I have to say though.. I was a little gutted when Kyle and Huber were kicked off. Would have loved to see that too.

UrbanRats

Lol.
elyse was pretty good at making Ian.

Ian didn't capture Elyse that good tho. :p
I assume that dog thing is some behind the scenes aspect, too.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Lol.

Even Ian thought playing Elyse is hard!

Hasney

Lol.

Yeah, the dog thing is real. Elyse is quite often interrupted on Tabletop Adventures by her dog walker ringing.

Benson appears frequently on Elyse and James' streams. He even has his own Twitter account.

This week's GT Time was definitely one of the best. Andrea is very knowledgeable and can be rather funny too.

Gametrailers have by far the best group of people in the business, and their original content just goes from strength to strength. Long may it continue.

lil

Wait Bosman was dismissive about button remapping last week?? I didn't get that far, damn dude.

I loved Andrea Rene on the show, she's like the lore queen. "The story wasn't great" "Oh well did you play side game #6 or find these hidden things? Because they totally tie everything together." I too am excited for AC Chronicles China, since it basically plays like the greatest GBA game ever, Barbie Secret Agent Royal Jewels Mission. Plus I study Mandarin so I'm curious to see how they handle a game set in China.

sora87

Man that Ico stream gets annoying in some parts. Maybe because I played through it recently so I knew what to do haha

lil

He just didn't think of the disabled players angle.
It's not like he was ranting about it, it was an off hand comment.

Oh cool, it's nice that he put it in corrections then. It's good for accessibility options to get exposure like that because (evidently) a lot of able-bodied folks don't know about this stuff haha.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Yeah, the last person I expect an offensive statement from is Kyle.

Except Schluffe. I'm not even German and I'm offended!

Es tut mir leid

I have to admit that I was honestly a little offended by Schluffle. Not because it made fun of Germans (I'm not German, why would I care), but because it didn't make any sense to me. Is he some weird 90s reference I don't get? On what stereotype is he based on? To me it just seems like a bad attempt at stereotype humor (which I usually love), so maybe that's why I got a little annoyed.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Oh my God, that terribad CGI.

And I think he just went with a random thing there, I doubt he intended to play a stereotype. Or maybe I'm the only one who comes up with random characters with quirky personalities haha. Also, so you were offended because it was that bad for you?

Oh my God, that terribad CGI.

And I think he just went with a random thing there, I doubt he intended to play a stereotype. Or maybe I'm the only one who comes up with random characters with quirky personalities haha. Also, so you were offended because it was that bad for you?

I mean, I guess? I can't really explain why, either. I think it's the 90s portrayal that puts me off so much. The background, the clothes... I live in Germany right now, so it's really hard to make this character seem plausible. It's just something you wouldn't see anymore. It would make more sense, if it was some kind of "Gametrailers Germany/Other Random Country 1999" version. And it's really just Schluffle. Ian's character and Brübbe are absolutely fine. So yeah, it's probably just the way Schluffle looks that offends me and makes me hate him with a passion.

I mean, I guess? I can't really explain why, either. I think it's the 90s portrayal that puts me off so much. The background, the clothes... I live in Germany right now, so it's really hard to make this character seem plausible. It's just something you wouldn't see anymore. It would make more sense, if it was some kind of "Gametrailers Germany/Other Random Country 1999" version. And it's really just Schluffle. Ian's character and Brübbe are absolutely fine. So yeah, it's probably just the way Schluffle looks that offends me and makes me hate him with a passion.

I don't believe it's supposed to be about Germany in specific, but rather the weird world of tacky YouTube gaming personalities and their garish, incomprehensible "brands".

EDIT: Catching up on ManUps GIFs. From last week:

classyelyse.gif

dontakesabow.gif

pokiemanskids.gif

Mandatory Update was AMAZING.

I don't believe it's supposed to be about Germany in specific, but rather the weird world of tacky YouTube gaming personalities and their garish, incomprehensible "brands".

But isn't that what The Last Levelle is all about? I get that I'm being unreasonable and taking it too seriously, but still. Schluffle needs to wear something else. Or die.

Yonafunu

I think that's the point.

UrbanRats

Lol, it's not making fun of Germany or Germans, it's making fun of a perceived stereotype, c'mon people.
How dated and inaccurate the stereotype is, is exactly the point of the joke.

But isn't that what The Last Levelle is all about? I get that I'm being unreasonable and taking it too seriously, but still. Schluffle needs to wear something else. Or die.

Not really. Levelle is more like a smoother, savvier, more successful version of Bosman, the same way Ending Cretis is the stodgier, sad-sack version of himself.

Auctopus

Not really. Levelle is more like a smoother, savvier, more successful version of Bosman, the same way Ending Cretis is the stodgier, sad-sack version of himself.

Levelle is satire of Bro-focused gaming shows that don't have any real interest in the industry besides Activision and EA and don't provide amy real critique of games.

Levelle is satire of Bro-focused gaming shows that don't have any real interest in the industry besides Activision and EA and don't provide amy real critique of games.

Which is a comment on what Bosman thinks he would be like if monetary gain and subs were the focus of his work.

Top Bottom