• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gametrailers Thread: Good Night and Good Game

Ochi

Neo Member
Yo Gaf, I know most of ya'll don't head to the main GT forums since you have gaf, but Bloodworth is doing some polling of the GT community for their most anticipated games of 2016, and I thought you should all give it a go since, the results and quotes are selected and put into a video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/forums/read/664.932522-VOTE-for-Your-Most-Anticipated-Games-of-2016

Here's last year's for reference:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...unitys-Top-Ten-Most-Anticipated-Games-of-2015

UrbanRats

Yo Gaf, I know most of ya'll don't head to the main GT forums since you have gaf, but Bloodworth is doing some polling of the GT community for their most anticipated games of 2016, and I thought you should all give it a go since, the results and quotes are selected and put into a video.

http://www.gametrailers.com/forums/read/664.932522-VOTE-for-Your-Most-Anticipated-Games-of-2016

Here's last year's for reference:

http://www.gametrailers.com/videos/...unitys-Top-Ten-Most-Anticipated-Games-of-2015
I'm almost positive I actually participated in last year's.

Will do later, thanks for the heads up.
--
Ok, voted.

Myggen

In terms of time spent archiving a niche stream over creating new content that could appeal to a broader audience, I would say they are correct.

But archiving stuff from Twitch isn't very time consuming at all. It's not the smoothest process, but it's pretty automatic. But as long as fans archive it on YT I don't care, it's just dumb to just let Twitch eat those streams.

tok9

I think last year we just attached our anticipated games to one of the videos.

Just waiting for an email to come back so I can vote. :)

tok9

Just watching last years community picks... No Man's Sky, FFXV, Persona 5, Uncharted 4, The Legend of Zelda.. Five of the Ten are coming out this year.. we think :D

farisr

When is Huber's concert?

4 days ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAHUrdkOJc
But archiving stuff from Twitch isn't very time consuming at all. It's not the smoothest process, but it's pretty automatic.
The download from twitch is slow, the resulting file often has issues like desync, fluctuating framerate etc, and then there's uploading to youtube, filling in the description, and possibly creating a custom thumbnail. These things add up. It's not THAT automatic. They have other work to do after the streams end. It'd be different story if streaming was all they did.

Burt

Watching the latest RE4 stream up on the GT Reviews channel, great stuff. Love the remaster talk. That's the best part of the long, 'non-targeted' streams, just getting that impromptu talk expanding on all the other stuff you hear the crew talk about in 'official' videos.

Bloodworth with the best call, "The problem with Square-Enix is, they keep doing Final Fantasy remasters, and I feel like they just make them worse ever time."

Moving studios again? Hmm :/

The green room stage wasn't ours and they're turning it into something else. Past couple weeks, we've just been doing it with a temporary green screen in our normal stage, and they're going to convert an area in there that's a little more permanent.

Naythan

The green room stage wasn't ours and they're turning it into something else. Past couple weeks, we've just been doing it with a temporary green screen in our normal stage, and they're going to convert an area in there that's a little more permanent.

Phew, good to know :)

eFKac

Good Final Bosman this week.

Didn't know about that bet, but I'm happy it happened :-D the weather looked really shitty as well.

Burt

Funny episode, good ending.

Great PvZ preview, too. Game is honestly one of my most hyped. The first one is the secret best multiplayer game of the last few years. It's Nintendo levels of "just plain fun". And now we get to Titanfall in it?

aw yeahhhh

you gotta get schwifty

I hope ManUps this week is just Ian doing a simultaneous live review/first playthrough of Pocket Mortys

Where was that bet he was talking about?

I can't remember the actual title but it's the The Final Bosman hosted by Kyle Bosman played by Michael Huber episode.

Fantastic ending. I'm pretty sure I pointed out that there was zero chance it'd happen at the time, so he may as well do it straight away, but it's amazing that he followed through with it eventually.

Also, I can't re-watch the episode at the moment but it would've been recorded before the Dragon Quest 30th Nothingiversary and there were no references to it, right? Pretty incredible timing if so.

farisr

So guys I should be all caught up in a day or two with the uploads. If there's anything you want uploaded from their twitch highlights section that isn't up on their YT channels already, pm me. Also, I'm writing up descriptions that includes the names of everyone who shows up in the video.

Can somebody tell me his name?
dude62k5g.png

Can somebody tell me his name?
dude62k5g.png

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't that Omar? I just realized how close we are to the release of XCOM 2 and now I'm super excited for GT Live tonight. I hope that XCOM 2 continues the tradition of '95% chance to hit' meaning something closer to '50% chance to hit'.

For folks wanting to watch the Huber concert on YT, I've uploaded it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJAHUrdkOJc

Also, due to twitch archiving system resulting in older GT streams being lost forever, I've decided to take on the responsibility for uploading all the stuff that GT doesn't upload to their channel, to mine for archival purposes.

Before this I had already uploaded their conference reactions (and all the E3 conferences with audio added in, which the twitch stream didn't have), but now I'm gonna pretty much put up everything.

I will also delete any videos that go up onto their YT channel officially later (sometimes it takes them a day or two), this is only meant for videos that don't make it there. I have videos starting from Nov 7 (some of which are already removed from twitch archive), the first bunch of videos went up today.

I just hope no copyright strike occurs.

Thank you sir for your work.

Top Bottom