• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

DKo5 said:
Woot woot! Aspho Fields book was just delivered by Amazon.

I might have enough time this weekend to read through it - hoping to finish it before the game comes out.
Yeah, I grabbed it too at Barnes and Noble.

Kibbles

Ok, I made Canals in Far Cry 2, but it won't let me save the name because it contains offensive language >.< The hell am I supposed to call it?

[edit] w/e, I uploaded it as "Cannals" so if anyone wants to search for it, thats it. It's the one made by Profile Signature: xI Ace xI

whitehawk

Banned
CrazedArabMan said:
I fail to see what your looking at, the guy got knocked down but he wasn't downed.
It's just really cool how much more teamwork there is in this game. The downed guys buddy threw a grenade, knocked the enemy over, thus saving his friend.

So cool.

whitehawk said:
It's just really cool how much more teamwork there is in this game. The downed guys buddy threw a grenade, knocked the enemy over, thus saving his friend.

So cool.

Yeah, but you know that's not going to be like that in matchmaking unless you go in with a party, you're going to get the kids who just go all lonewolves on your team. I still can't wait though for it to come out, only 10 more days.

JimiNutz

Banned
DKo5 said:

I might have enough time this weekend to read through it - hoping to finish it before the game comes out.

For some reason it's been delayed until Nov 6 in the UK :(
I wanted to have it read in time before Gears 2 as well. I'd import it but I doubt it'd get here from the US before Nov 6 anyway.

bumpkin

DKo5 said:

I preordered a copy at my local Borders and they totally hosed me; either it wasn't in yet or the guy just didn't look very hard. *sigh*

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
TheDayday said:
Whoa, official thread is up! Nice!

My Gears of War 2 Video Review... Tried my best to keep it completely spoiler free plot-wise.

There are a few seconds of clips from major fight scenes/bosses and new enemies, so please don't watch if you feel that is a spoiler.

Hope you guys enjoy otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uJipGTqfo&fmt=18
Another great review. Still trying to figure out why you have Frosted Flakes in your bedroom.

newsguy

cjelly said:
Another great review. Still trying to figure out why you have Frosted Flakes in your bedroom.

Or why you're wearing your little sister's shirt...
j/k nice job on the review

puebla

TheDayday said:
Whoa, official thread is up! Nice!

My Gears of War 2 Video Review... Tried my best to keep it completely spoiler free plot-wise.

There are a few seconds of clips from major fight scenes/bosses and new enemies, so please don't watch if you feel that is a spoiler.

Hope you guys enjoy otherwise...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i-uJipGTqfo&fmt=18
nice review, and that's also the best footage of the game i've seen so far.

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
Aladuf said:
Well yeah, but that's a lot more of a pain to do if you just want to quit out of a match then to just press "start, quit game" like in Gears 1.

Yeah, but if some little 10 year old who happens to be my mega bitch by round 6 on Avalanche wants to quit, he's gonna press that big green button. Or, you can just press Y, go to dash. I still expect a lot of quitters.

I always search for <9 rounds. If you go longer, you're guaranteed to get quitters, especially if one team is dominating (e.g. the super team of Aladuf, PXG, Full Recovery, Dark Faze).

whitehawk

Banned
RSTEIN said:
Yeah, but if some little 10 year old who happens to be my mega bitch by round 6 on Avalanche wants to quit, he's gonna press that big green button. Or, you can just press Y, go to dash. I still expect a lot of quitters.

I always search for <9 rounds. If you go longer, you're guaranteed to get quitters, especially if one team is dominating (e.g. the super team of Aladuf, PXG, Full Recovery, Dark Faze, Kowaku).
Fixed

(We have teams of 5 now :D )

RSTEIN

Comics, serious business!
whitehawk said:
Fixed

(We have teams of 5 now :D )

Forgot :lol Great... now Valvoga and I can get anally penetrated by five COG cocks instead of four (well, not before he downs 3/5 with his lancer).

Kibbles said:
I don't understand; it looked good to me, he got knocked down by the smoke grenade...

I didn't see anything wrong either.

Saved his mate with a nice smoke toss. I think the detonation needs to be a second longer though. There seems to be very limited time to evade...

Dirtbag

BenjaminBirdie said:
Not doing this with "Coffee" is a fucking disgrace of the highest order. What is this Music For Earthworms bullshit, man.

;D

I'm more of a labor days fan myself.
Of course it has no place near a Gears ad :lol .... such a miss-match.

zaidr

Dark FaZe said:
I didn't see anything wrong either.

Saved his mate with a nice smoke toss. I think the detonation needs to be a second longer though. There seems to be very limited time to evade...

The range isn't huge though, so its alright with the timing.

Jesus fuck, Horde is fucking outstanding!

And I cannot express how much better the presentation is in this game; Everything is amped up and executed brilliantly. The music, the sound effects(gunshots, explosions, ambient noise, etc.), the character chatter (nothing beats hearing a giant monster laughing at you as he approaches you from behind right as he blows you to bits!) It brings the fucking game to life! Hell I'm even loving the arcade inspired achievement progress pop ups and the high score pop ups that appear periodically.

Aladuf

Banned
Kibbles said:
Really? I haven't seen it posted.
I put it in the OP yesterday, I'll be keeping it updated so definitely people should check it from time to time to see if there's anything new that they may have missed.

pr0cs

TheDayday said:
Great review, I enjoyed the Fable2 review and this one the same. Keep em coming ! :D

h3ro

m0dus said:

MedicalGAF Unite!! :D (graduated last May, year off for charity work and research)

Back OT, I'm curious, how many of you guys are going to jump straight into MP or horde opposed to starting the SP campaign?

Aladuf

Banned
h3ro said:
Back OT, I'm curious, how many of you guys are going to jump straight into MP or horde opposed to starting the SP campaign?
I'll be doing it the same way I did Halo 3 last year, once I get home I'll probably hit up a couple MP matches just to get that urge out of the way then it'll be SP until I finish it.

Top Bottom