• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

IGN: How About Metal Gear Solid 4 in Metal Gear Solid: Master Collection Vol. 2? ‘Stay Tuned,’ Konami Says

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
It will obviously be there.
Peace Walker, 4 and 5.
I’m more interested in MPO.

Also Ac!d becoming available, perhaps a Vol 3 for non canon and spin off releases. Ghost Babel in there.
I'd really love the Ac!d games and Ghost Babel. Shame they can't recreate the Solid Eye gimmick from the PSP version, though.

Omnipunctual Godot

Gold Member
How would Snake disable his octocamo on Xbox? Their controller doesn’t have gyro.

The Mantis and Sorrow dolls use gyro as well.

You could also jiggle Rose’s boobs during the codec by moving the controller.
If they're re-releasing the DS Castlevania games without the stylus, I'm sure they'll be able to figure out ways around that.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
Watch them include it, but it runs like shit and is low resolution.

I mean, dear god I wish this was just a joke lol

They are so bad, i would not be shocked if this was true at this point. Its rare I skip a collection like this, but when a collection MANY GENERATIONS OLD is on par with a new collection, you fucked up.
720P 24-30FPS
10 Minutes to load each chapter.
Get the original experience!!!!
DO YOU RIKE IT?
lol pretty much.

When I first heard the new collection was basically just the same as the PS3 one, I had to look it up, it just sounded to fake and weird, like.....for why?

So if anyone owns this beauty on PS3

Basically, just keep that.

This collection is simply for those that never owned a PS3 or something and the next collection seems to be for those who owned a 360 but not a PS3 to play MGS4.

So I'd love to replay MGS4, but I see no reason to if its just going to literally be the exact same actual resolution as its original release.

When people talk about "cash grabs" dear god, never bring up remakes or remasters, clearly we have a winner here when it comes to how that terms REALLY needs to be used.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I would love to replay MGS4 and 5 in 4k@60fps. Peacewalker, I would most likely play on my phone via remote play.

I wonder how they plan to tackle Peacewalkers mobile features, like wondering around to find great recruits.

Last edited:

Heimdall_Xtreme

Jim Ryan Fanclub's #1 Member
One of the problems with MGS 4 being ported, apart from cell architecture, it also used Apple products, iPod songs.

The costume of Altair from Assassins creed.

The use of names of real weapons.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
One of the problems with MGS 4 being ported, apart from cell architecture, it also used Apple products, iPod songs.

The costume of Altair from Assassins creed.

The use of names of real weapons.

Those could be easily scrubbed out / replaced with other textures.

But the problem is if Konami is willing to even put in that kind of work.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
From the source code and that I use the ps3 cell processor, right?

Again, it's up to Konami if they intend to re-sell the game to new platforms.

It's like how the Alan Wake remaster removed the textures for the Energizer batteries and the Verizon ads in the game.

Top Bottom