• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 2 |OT| ...Maria...MARIA!!!

WrikaWrek

Banned
LiquidMetal14 said:
I think both games have a passionate following. It only bothers me when people who have only 1 console start claiming GOTY.

And whoever has all platforms and claims other than LBP must be a fanboy of one of the platforms, right?

GTFO with the LBP shit.

Guled

Any word if any store in Canada will have the Golden Hammerburst? Or at least if it can be unlocked in game

Shins

Banned
Aladuf said:
Am I the only one who heard about weapon slide being back and wasn't disappointed to hear so?
I hope so. I don't use or know how to do any of the glitches beyond jumping onto the van on Subway, and I don't want to learn them. So much from the developers has been about wanting to slow down the game and get people to play as they envisioned, and this is the kind of thing that breaks that.

Epic didn't deal with the glitches well enough in Gears of War 1. I don't want to see half-ass fixes again.

WrikaWrek

Banned
Shins said:
I hope so. I don't use or know how to do any of the glitches beyond jumping onto the van on Subway, and I don't want to learn them. So much from the developers has been about wanting to slow down the game and get people to play as they envisioned, and this is the kind of thing that breaks that.

Epic didn't deal with the glitches well enough in Gears of War 1. I don't want to see half-ass fixes again.

Weapon sliding rocks though, takes care of campers.

Zezboob

Full Recovery said:
It appears that you don't even have to slide into cover anymore, you can slide in any direction you want sans cover.

Anything less than a day 1 patch to fix this and reset the leaderboards is Epic fail.
Very disappointing from Epic.

Shins

Banned
WrikaWrek said:
Weapon sliding rocks though, takes care of campers.
Nothing takes care of campers. And like every glitch, it is used, abused, and complained about. Its an entirely shitty system from the top on down. I'm more annoyed by the people complaining about weapon-sliding while I'm playing than the actual glitch in this case. Hypocritical shits.

Its like saying you only two-piece to get out of tough situations ;- )

Shins

Banned
indefensible
side.gif

Gowans

pre-oredered it today, my local Gamestation is having a midnight launch.

Think i'll take a day off on the 7th too ;)

Dirtbag

Tieno said:
Now the only thing this thread needs one of those ":D " CliffyB posts.

so true :lol

EDIT:As for all this GOTY crap, I'm waiting on Mirror's Edge to show what it's got. I think it has the potential to run away with the most crowns. As of this moment GOTY is LBP's to loose, but lots of big games are about to drop.

Shins

Banned
also, our loss of a colon seems to be part of a collective movement to re-jigger official threads into more modest titles. The Rock Band thread has been neutered!

imagine my rage

Aladuf

Banned
Shins said:
also, our loss of a colon seems to be part of a collective movement to re-jigger official threads into more modest titles. The Rock Band thread has been neutered!

imagine my rage
Speaking of the loss of the colon in the Gears title, I just noticed the Dead Space thread lost its dash! :O.. :lol

but really, it did lose the dash

Aladuf

Banned
Hesemonni said:
Pre-order cancelled, Xbox360 sold etc.etc. Summary of what they said?
They said everything was great but the story was lacking and.. something else too. Nothing major.

Shins

Banned
Aladuf said:
the story was lacking
They probably read your spoiler-ridden original posts which deadened them to the reveal of amazing new characters and vehicles.

This is your fault.

Aladuf said:
They said everything was great but the story was lacking and.. something else too. Nothing major.
Story in Gears, well if it's nothing else... Yes, a decent story would be nice , definitely, but as long as it's better than the first, I don't have anything to be concerned about. I don't excpect this to turn out to Schindler's of War. Oh yeah, and no Halo 2 ending would be nice too :D

Locust are back -> Jacinto is in danger -> going underground -> kicking Locust ass. Any other information that I really need? ;)

Character Design in GOW is amazing, and in GOW2 it's even more amazing.
Absolutely. More important: it just fits perfectly into the whole world. Which is amazingly designed. On of the most beautiful designed gaming worlds/architectures I have seen (IMO of course ;) )

Aladuf

Banned
Hellraizer said:
Story in Gears, well if it's nothing else... Yes, a decent story would be nice , definitely, but as long as it's better than the first, I don't have anything to be concerned about.
Yep, that's the same thing I said when I heard about the review yesterday.

birdman

Shins said:

imagine my rage

I'm nerd raging over here!

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Full Recovery said:
Well I have bad news, people who are already playing Gears 2 online have once again found out how to do the "Weapon slide" glitch. It's a different combo of buttons now, and I won't say what it is.

EPIC, Fix it, NOW.

This was already mentioned in the other thread, and like I said in there, the moron who made that video and the other videos along with it was purposely lagging the game, as you can see everyone else including himself was lagging, running into walls, skipping, etc....

And I say moron because he threw some random, poorly edited gameplay together to be "the first person ever to have a Gears of War 2 montage", including a clip where it was obviously 5 vs. 3 for a bit, and called it a "5 vs. 1 clutch win"...

I wouldn't worry at all yet, but I see that some are already though...

Aladuf

Banned
ThirdEngine said:
So these people just run over weapons for x amount of time pressing random buttons until they figure out the combination? Lame.
Yeah, doesn't seem like much fun to be the ones trying to figure out glitches. Shit has to be pretty boring I'd imagine.

Hesemonni

Banned
Aladuf said:
Which kinda sucks, because my main gripes with original were host advantage and story that made no sense, especially latter chapters provided me with couple of great WTF moments (in a bad sense). Sometimes I just wonder how much better GoW would be with a great story. And I seriously hoped they'd fare better this time around.

Will still buy the game 'tho ;)

Solo

LiquidMetal14 said:
Not played LBP yet? MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :D

Nope, I havent. After Uncharted and MGS4, my PS3 has now been relegated to being essentially my BD player, and not much else.

MThanded said:
It was just a comment on his goty assumption. Like I said gears 2 day one!!!! I got time to bust some heads too but like I said lbp is truly original. This is a great successor to gears 1 and will win many awards its just not bringing something new on to the table. I am no lbp defense force and I have all current gen consoles so no hidden agenda here.

Not sure why I'm responding to this considering GotY battle discussions shouldn't even be taking place. However how many third person shooters out there play like Gears? Almost none. There isn't anything on the market that comes close to offering the type of gameplay offered in Gears.

You have GRAW, Socom and a few other third person shooters but I think we can all agree that these games are nothing like Gears. There is nothing quite like Gears out there.

GotY isn't decided by what is simply the most original package. Even if it was, Gears 2 is the sequel to a very original title anyway.

Full Recovery said:
Oh it will be overused, just give it a couple weeks after launch. It appears that you don't even have to slide into cover anymore, you can slide in any direction you want sans cover.

Anything less than a day 1 patch to fix this and reset the leaderboards is Epic fail.

Leaderboards will probably be reset. Also by what you've said it sounds like the "glitch" isn't much different from the initial slide glitch found in Gears 1 which allowed pretty much any range of motion to be used for the slide. As a result more resources have to be allocated to the most powerful weapons even moreso than before because it'll take much more firepower to make sure it stays in your teams possession.

Pretty troubling considering etting power weapons should be a challenge and an exercise of pros/cons rather than just "lulz" and sliding away into cover while a team has 3 lancers on you.

Sweet thread OP...

Definitely GOTY Material here fella's and this game here will probably sell the most systems this holiday season..for sure.

I've talked to a few guys that are already playing.. lets just say we are all in for one remarkable game at epic proportions!! :D

Halvie said:
Where did you get that? How much? Can you take a closer pic of it?

The 12" Marcus Fenix was found at "Things From Out Of This World" Dark Horse comics shop on Universal City Walk in Los Angeles. Didn't even know they were out just happen to walk in as they were putting them up.

I believe it was $39, but I'm not %100 sure, it was several weeks ago.

I'll take a better pic next time I'm at the studio, but the suit has amazing detail (especially the hands), but the face is a little rough.

ampere

Aladuf said:
This is gears. Is there anyone alive buying it for the story? :lol
The only time I feel connected to the characters at all is when I'm watching the new trailer or the Mad World trailer.

cresto

What was the run down in the OXM UK mag review? I MUST KNOW!

Great job with the titles and such for the thread.

~Kinggi~

Banned
ciaossu said:
This is gears. Is there anyone alive buying it for the story? :lol
The only time I feel connected to the characters at all is when I'm watching the new trailer or the Mad World trailer.
Heh, yeah, wonder why they are doing that. There is certainly potential within the game to have the same effect, so i wonder why they reserve anything emotional for marketing. Maybe they think its best if that stuff is left to a surrounding context than something that gets in the way.

TheOddOne

LiquidMetal14 said:
Not played LBP yet? MUAHAHAHAHHAHAHA :D

This will likely be the best 360 game. Dead Space has me bamboozled though (Great new IP).

LiquidMetal14 said:
I think both games have a passionate following. It only bothers me when people who have only 1 console start claiming GOTY.

6S028482.gif

My hats off to the op!

chriskun

fuck, my 360 just red ringed...again!!!! No GOW2 for me at launch. bummed about the weapon sliding news. And I didn't know that two-piecing was considered glitching.

Top Bottom