• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Experien

Some more clips I've gif'd.
Looks like Carmine is in.

KqWSI89.gif

uVlZGQY.gif

s9GhpFg.gif

Don't buy that. It's for an account, the owner could revoke your access any time.

I miss that. Gears was my first online game, wish I could jump back into this.

I keep debating the ultimate edition but I mainly want it for the campaign and horse mode

From what I can tell all the new maps in the season pass is just for standard multiplayer?

Theorry

I keep debating the ultimate edition but I mainly want it for the campaign and horse mode

From what I can tell all the new maps in the season pass is just for standard multiplayer?

Its not really new maps. Every month everybody gets new maps, But they are on a rotation. With the season pass you can play them out of rotation in private. Also for Horde maps.

Caayn

If I buy the game from the Singapore store, I won't get burned with region locked stuff right?
Games, DLC are all region free. You can mix however you want. With the only excepting being China, but you can't buy anything from there without jumping through a lot of hoops.

Edit: Damnit Theorry.

JB1981

Taking care of my dad who just got home from surgery to remove some cancer they caught really early (luckily) and the first thing he asks when he sees me is what time can we play Gears tonight, lol.

Lol that's awesome. How old is your dad?

xRaizen

Hoping that Hurricane Matthew doesn't cause us to lose power for several days... would like to play this on Tuesday :/

Lgndryhr

OP, very nice OT. Appreciate the hard work. You still have a few mistakes on the editions chart though I believe.

The collector's edition does include the game. It includes the ultimate edition so all those features minus the digital edition note should be on it too.

There are three total Gears of War 4 console bundles.

* Gamestop exclusive 500GB Blue console bundle comes with a physical copy of the standard edition so does not have Xbox Play Anywhere.
* The 1TB White bundle (available at all retailers) comes with a digital copy of the standard edition.
* The special edition bundle looks right to me.

sTiTcH AU

just played three matches online. So smooth and feels really great to play. Will dive into the campaign when I get home from work tomorrow.

OP, very nice OT. Appreciate the hard work. You still have a few mistakes on the editions chart though I believe.

The collector's edition does include the game. It includes the ultimate edition so all those features minus the digital edition note should be on it too.

There are three total Gears of War 4 console bundles.

* Gamestop exclusive 500GB Blue console bundle comes with a physical copy of the standard edition so does not have Xbox Play Anywhere.
* The 1TB White bundle (available at all retailers) comes with a digital copy of the standard edition.
* The special edition bundle looks right to me.
To his defense, I know some stores which are selling the collector's edition without the game.

How? VPN?
You do not need vpn. Buy hong kong gift cards, change your console's region to hong kong and buy the game with it. done.

MXRider

To his defense, I know some stores which are selling the collector's edition without the game.

You do not need vpn. Buy hong kong gift cards, change your console's region to hong kong and buy the game with it. done.
Where do you buy Hong Kong gift cards?

JimiNutz

Banned
I wonder how good the skill based matchmaking is?
I love Gears but the skill ceiling is pretty high and I used to regularly get wrecked by the pros bouncing around the map in Gears 3.

Hopefully it matches me up with equally unskilled players in 4.

Anyone know if there is "gore and cussing off" option like in other Gears games. My son is asking for this but that's the only way I'll let him play it.

I wonder how good the skill based matchmaking is?
I love Gears but the skill ceiling is pretty high and I used to regularly get wrecked by the pros bouncing around the map in Gears 3.

Hopefully it matches me up with equally unskilled players in 4.

this would 100% be my make or break for gears multiplayer.

its the single reason ive never been able to get into it. I feel like im starting WAY behind everyone else

JimiNutz

Banned
this would 100% be my make or break for gears multiplayer.

its the single reason ive never been able to get into it. I feel like im starting WAY behind everyone else

I'm sure I read that this time there are placement games (like in Halo 5) and that this is the first Gears to do skill based matchmaking.
I'm not sure how well it works in Halo 5 though?

pitchfork

Taking care of my dad who just got home from surgery to remove some cancer they caught really early (luckily) and the first thing he asks when he sees me is what time can we play Gears tonight, lol.

Your dad is awesome!

Wish him a speedy recovery : )

how's the PC multiplayer? Does the mouse ruin the skill ceiling? My worries are that snipers will be ridiculously easy to use and shotgun duals will be unsatisfying.

T.O.P

Banned
Best dad, hope you guys have fun

Impulsor

This post genuinely made my day.

For two simple reasons.

1st, they caught the cancer really early, which is awesome and I'm very happy for you guys.

2nd, your dad is awesome and just reading this post it seems like you guys are really close.

I swear, my day has been shit up to this very instant, when I read your post.

Thank you and cheers! Enjoy playing with your dad!

Top Bottom