• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 |OT| Still Epic

Lren

59 in a few weeks. Doesn't quite have the finger dexterity to do stuff like wall bouncing, but he's great to have in the back lines covering us.

We need to get him some boomshots and see how well that goes, potentially have him run engineer in Horde! Just a shame we can't do 3 player campaign. (B00TE's twin lol)

Really looking forward to midnight tonight, despite the early morning. May see if I can head out later to check out the nearby gas station or Walmart for those Gears 4 Rockstars. Haven't had much luck finding them around here.

Tecnniqe

Banned
Hey GeForce Expereience just told me 373.06 is ready for download - GoW4 + Mafia 3 + Shadow Warrior 2 profiles.

Edit:
Pink Lancer any day of the week over regular ;)
pink_lancer_assault_rifle.jpg

Well ladies and gents, I think I'm going to buy this game and have my first ever Gears experience today. I'm looking forward to it.

B00TE

We need to get him some boomshots and see how well that goes, potentially have him run engineer in Horde!

Actually on that note, did they bring back the heavy weapons like the mortar?

Well ladies and gents, I think I'm going to buy this game and have my first ever Gears experience today. I'm looking forward to it.

Oh man, you're in for a time. I still get hyped just thinking back to Gears 1's launch.

Tecnniqe

Banned

However, we have found an issue where single-GPU performance will drop if SLI is enabled in the NVIDIA Control Panel. As a result, please disable SLI prior to playing Gears of War 4 if you have multiple-GPUs. NVIDIA and The Coalition are working on the issue and will inform the community as soon as we have the issue resolved.

Cant wait until 1080TI comes out so I can get rid of my SLI setup.

SLI is the worst.

Tecnniqe

Banned
(hides from wife)
with all due respect,

raw
g1Mr1Qo.gif

That's not me but I'm pretty sure that's Lauren, CliffyB's wife or something.

Regardless of that, the lancer is indeed cute and you should get one. In pink.
For the wife.
I'm interested to see mGPU DX12 INSANE performance.
Well it'll be interesting to try out for sure. That would make this the first UWA mGPU supported game right?
what the hell are you doing

frvfltK.gif

Caja 117

So after seen the reviews I decided to dig in on the Ultimate Edition, Always love the franchise, and I was sure I was going to buy it but wasnt sure about the Ultimate Edition, now that Im there I hope someone can answer me some question I have:

1-Does the game unlocks tonight at midnight?

2-I was under the impression that the UE came with the whole Gears collection with the BC games, or Is not like this?

B00TE

1-Does the game unlocks tonight at midnight?

2-I was under the impression that the UE came with the whole Gears collection with the BC games, or Is not like this?

1) Yeah, 9 PM PST/12 AM EST

2) Pretty sure it's the same.

I'm seeing young Dom, Dombie

Where's a classic flat top Dom when you need him ��

Fingers crossed for a Gears 1 or 2 Dom at some point. Or as an unlock, but I need it.

Sorry I meant any other way to get it cheaper than €60 in the UWP store?
Do you have a Xbox One near you? Does a friend have one? If so, ask him to rent it to you for twenty minutes, buy gift cards in the Shanghai Microsoft store, log in with your account on your friend's Xbox, change the region to Shanghai and buy the game in the store. Now you own the game, delete your account from the console and done. (The game is sold for 45€ in Shanghai.)

I thought OTs could only be posted at most 24 hours before a game's release? Did the rules change back to what it was before, which is a week before the game's release?

Do you have a Xbox One near you? Does a friend have one? If so, ask him to rent it to you for twenty minutes, buy gift cards in the Shanghai Microsoft store, log in with your account on your friend's Xbox, change the region to Shanghai and buy the game in the store. Now you own the game, delete your account from the console and done. (The game is sold for 45€ in Shanghai.)

Buying on the singapore store with giftcards or cdkeys.com has it abit cheaper.

Yeah seen that cdkeys has the UE edition for €88 and the Standard edition for €53.99.

And unfortunately not, I hope the keys get a little bit cheaper over time.

B00TE

I thought OTs could only be posted at most 24 hours before a game's release? Did the rules change back to what it was before, which is a week before the game's release?

Ultimate Edition (early access) is up now in some places and up in the US at midnight.

What does the season pass get you besides keeping the two new maps each month? Thinking about getting the ultimate edition to play tomorrow.

Theorry

What does the season pass get you besides keeping the two new maps each month? Thinking about getting the ultimate edition to play tomorrow.

:)

My 4:30am joke failed! Sorry about it.. Thought it would come across more. :[

Just to comment on the rotation. We plan on releasing two new maps every month. We didn't want overwhelm players especially as we get 6 - 12 months down the road with 22 - 34 maps that they needed to be familiar with to be successful. We plan on taking community feedback on what maps they want in and out and constantly rotating them. As long as you own the map, you can play that map in privates in Horde, Versus, Co-op vs Bots. If a someone owns a map, that person can host and share among everyone else even if they don't own it. This also includes spectators who just want to watch and may not own the map.

Here is a detailed breakdown of the SP to help clear things up.

• The SP offers access to 24 post launch DLC maps at anytime in private play. We plan to release 2 per month. The maps can be used in private play even if they aren't in the playlist rotation. They do not expire and this isn't a subscription for one year. You will have them forever.
  • The SP also offers access to the Developer Playlist which will give you early access to the maps prior to them being released and in their own special playlist. You can try them out before others and match against others owners of the SP on this playlist.
  • It also includes an Airdrop that includes 5 Operations Packs, 5 Versus Boosters, 5 Horde Boosters and 2 Elite Packs. 85 cards in total. This replaces the six pack offer and kicks it up to 17. Text is still being updated at retailers.

• Versus Boosters include five random consumable Bounties for use in Versus MP. Versus Bounties offer XP rewards for completing the bounties objective in a Versus match. If you fail the bounties objective, they are not consumed. They are only consumed if you succeed.

[*]Horde Boosters include four random Horde skills along with a consumable Horde Bounty. Horde Bounties offer XP rewards for completing the bounties objective in a Horde run. If you fail the bounties objective, they are not consumed. They are only consumed if you succeed.

[*]Operation Packs include five random cards of these types -- Character Skins, Weapon Skins, Horde Skills, Versus and Horde Bounties. You are guaranteed a rare card or better.

[*]Elite Packs provide five random cards of these types -- Character Skins, Weapon Skins, Horde Skills, Versus Bounties and Horde Bounties but you are guaranteed an epic card or better.
We will have more info on cards in a dev blog coming very shortly. Hope that explains some items a bit.

Jack cw

How's the story in SP?
I'm in the mood for a non open world linear singleplayer.
Is it worse than Gears 3 and/or even shorter?
No time for multiplayer right now.

Hugstable

Banned
Preordered it! Loved Gears of War 1 but never really owned a 360 when 2 and 3 came out, so I really need to get on playing those single players (well actually I've played most of 2 and part of 3, but that was coop and no story while at a friends lol). Probably won't finished before regular release though, Forza is so addicting >_>

Top Bottom