• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gears of War 4 PC gameplay (keyboard and mouse)

So PC Gamer had some hands-on time with the PC version of Gears of War 4. They seem to be impressed.

At PAX West, I got a chance to play snippet of the Gears of War 4 campaign running on a PC with a mouse and keyboard, and I'm still thinking about it. Not because I'm super impressed with how it plays—it feels and looks like Gears of War—but because of how well it ran.

Article: http://www.pcgamer.com/watch-10-min..._source=twitter&utm_campaign=buffer-pcgamertw

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uev1F6qN-yo

It's crazy how just watching the game being played with a mouse makes it look more fun.

I want to see what 60fps and proper keyboard/mouse controls can do for modern Gears gameplay. Day one purchase for me. The PC version is shaping up to be great.

Zojirushi

Man, gfx aside this game looks straight outta 2010. I hope this won't get Quantum Break'd by the press but I'd prepare for the worst.

molnizzle

Man, gfx aside this game looks straight outta 2010. I hope this won't get Quantum Break'd by the press but I'd prepare for the worst.

Yeah... first thing I noticed was the map being a straight hallway for the entire session. Looks reeeeaaally "last gen" in terms of level design.

Zojirushi

Yeah... first thing I noticed was the map being a straight hallway for the entire session. Looks reeeeaaally "last gen" in terms of level design.

Yeah I mean I'm not saying I won't be able to enjoy a game like this in this day and age but man you can see how these long ass dev cycles by MS 1st/2nd party dev studios keep producing games like we're still in 360 era. It's super weird.

20 seconds into the footage, tearing and hitches are terrible. Closing video tab.

What tearing?
oG1kVGs.jpg

DrZeus

Chest high walls school of map design is a bit tired to me as well. Idk how to update gears without alienating the fanbaseb though.

shpankey

not an idiot
I'm getting the game for sure, but I dunno... this doesn't impress me graphically. Though I do like the setting and atmosphere it portrays.

I'm getting the game for sure, but I dunno... this doesn't impress me graphically. Though I do like the setting and atmosphere it portrays.

This is a shit quality video though. I would recommend downloading some gamersyde footage for the DeeBees gameplay.

Jawmuncher

Chest high walls school of map design is a bit tired to me as well. Idk how to update gears without alienating the fanbaseb though.

Gears 5 will be the big change to the series.
Gears 4 was put together relatively quickly in terms of buyout and then making the game.

dnmt

Banned
This is a shit quality video though. I would recommend downloading some gamersyde footage for the DeeBees gameplay.

We've seen enough high quality footage to know this isn't anything close to Uncharted or Battlefield. Very mediocre graphics for 2016.

Zojirushi

Gears 5 will be the big change to the series.
Gears 4 was put together relatively quickly in terms of buyout and then making the game.

And risk that by the time Gears 5 comes out nobody will give a damn anymore?

Seems like a big risk to take and also that's what people said when Halo 4 released...

Honestly, what causes someone to upload videos at this crap quality? I just can't imagine that MS gave them a vid to post that wasn't as clean as possible... Or is PC gamer known for doing this?

We've seen enough high quality footage to know this isn't anything close to Uncharted or Battlefield. Very mediocre graphics for 2016.

Yeah, I don't know what game you're watching. Looks as good if not better than most AAA titles coming out right now. Mediocre is the last word I'd use to describe Gears 4 visuals. It is physically impossible for this game to look as good as Uncharted 4 due to being constrained by a relatively weaker system. Also, Battlefield 1 runs at 720p on Xbox One.

Going off these released videos the dialogue and general feel seems really dull. I expected something much more with Rob in charge.

In the IGN thread about one of the multiplayer maps one of the devs popped in and said that the team is trying to implement private vs. on the pc side to be able to play against your Live friends via private matches.

This would be great for me as I have 5 Live friends I could potentially play against and I am the only one with a dedicated gaming PC. I love keyboard and mouse for this game, but while playing against them I could play with a controller to make it more fair. Still, I am not the greatest KB&M player either so if any of my Live friends were brave enough they could go up against me while I use KB&M to see how the match pans out.

The UWP/ Windows Store doesn't excite me, but I can see Microsoft putting effort into the platform. This game is evidence of them going in the right direction. Games I will probably support is Killer Instinct, GoW4, Scalebound, ReCore, and Sea of Thieves. Especially since I will never own one of their consoles. As a PC gamer this is great for me.

Nokterian

I played it at gamescom on PC and yes it did run wonderful but don't forget this was running on a beast of a machine with a GTX1080. I do hope it runs on different machines but overall i was impressed.

Cubas

I played it at Brasil Game Show and yes, it was amazing. But it was running on a GTX 1080 so yea...Let's wait to see how it performs in weaker VGAs.

Sou Da

I played it at gamescom on PC and yes it did run wonderful but don't forget this was running on a beast of a machine with a GTX1080. I do hope it runs on different machines but overall i was impressed.

I played it at Brasil Game Show and yes, it was amazing. But it was running on a GTX 1080 so yea...Let's wait to see how it performs in weaker VGAs.
Am I having a stroke?

MuchoMalo

Banned

This mentality would be fine if it were running at 1080p. However, it's running at 4k. This is a good sign.

DrTeflon

I was able to play it at Brazil Game Show this weekend and I was super impressed by how well it ran. Sure, it was on a GTX1080 iirc, but still no tearing, no framedrops and a ton of settings for you to tweak it.

Top Bottom