• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Love nendoroids.
Which reminds me of this that I found out about last night. I'm not sure if this has already been brought up in this thread already, but here it is anyways.
gOPGr.jpg

fpH41.jpg

I must have it!

YES!!!!! I want this right now!

It's a bit strange that they don't sell generic Figma bodies for customization.
They just released 2 I think.

Love nendoroids.
Which reminds me of this that I found out about last night. I'm not sure if this has already been brought up in this thread already, but here it is anyways.
http://i.imgur.com/gOPGr.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/fpH41.jpg
I must have it!
I still just want some scale figures that would fit with tank models(like 1/35).

Has anyone ordered from AmiAmi with your Paypal email address being different from your amiami account?

edit; Wow my limited edition of Steins;Gate included a strap with the Phone Microwave that fits with Figmas.

Next custom project
Even if they eventually make Robotics;Notes figma I doubt they'd make her.

MrBeggar

Just a heads up for Toronto Gaffers
If anyone is still looking for Figma Link in the Toronto area there "was" a bunch at
AnimeXtreme in Chinatown today.
Good luck.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
fuckkkk just noticed my black widow has a broken strand of hair.

Its missing the top lone strand

At least you got yours! My package has been in "out for delivery" limbo since 1/2. Fortunately Amazon said they'd replace it if it doesn't come on Monday.

LadyRiven

Got a Alter Dizzy from a con yesterday for $160, box a little torn, not sure if a good price. GF also got Alter Panty and Stocking, quite like them.

Rock on! Alter Dizzy is one of my personal favorites.

Today my Figma archetypes came in. When I got the box, I thought only one had arrived, but as it turned out they're not in the typical box for Figmas. Instead they're in this kind of blister packaging.

They're much better than the plain wooden drawing maquettes (which seem to be good for proportions and not much else) and much cheaper than fancier drawing models. So I am really going to enjoy using these for art!

6424.jpg

Preordered the rerelease...now I'm gonna have to hunt down the rest -_-

Good luck with the hunt, Senhime, Hanzo, and Matabei are awesome, forget Yukimura haha. With the second season of the anime airing in April I hope Alter gets the ball rolling on this line again. I so need D'art and everyone in this bottom row.
67386757.jpg

Can you believe all these characters were on the poll for the next swimsuit figure which Naoe eventuallly won? I so wish one of the newer characters won. Who knows if they will ever get a figure let alone one in a bikini.

Giolon

6424.jpg

Preordered the rerelease...now I'm gonna have to hunt down the rest -_-

Good freaking luck. Some of them were exclusives, like Goto Matabei. I saw her in a second hand couple shops in Akihabara during my trip in November, but they were all $200+ w/ exchange rate.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
HA HA. That NSAF is awesome. Maybe I should keep an eye out for cheap action figures in my local pound land now.

LiK

Rock on! Alter Dizzy is one of my personal favorites.

Today my Figma archetypes came in. When I got the box, I thought only one had arrived, but as it turned out they're not in the typical box for Figmas. Instead they're in this kind of blister packaging.

They're much better than the plain wooden drawing maquettes (which seem to be good for proportions and not much else) and much cheaper than fancier drawing models. So I am really going to enjoy using these for art!

Where did you pick them up? I can't find anyone selling them :(

LadyRiven

Where did you pick them up? I can't find anyone selling them :(

I ordered them from Goodsmile Company's official website. They were only available for pre-order in August for a short time. They've just been released, so you'll have to check eBay or myfigurecollection to see if anyone is selling now that they're out.

LiK

I ordered them from Goodsmile Company's official website. They were only available for pre-order in August for a short time. They've just been released, so you'll have to check eBay or myfigurecollection to see if anyone is selling now that they're out.

Yea, I tried eBay and they only have those older transparent ones. Darn it

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Reupped a different pic, talking about these tiny figures so you can replicate this scene:

Oh! I don't know if they're in the kit or not...Doubtful, but I'll have to check the runners. It did come with that display base they show, though. So worst case, I can buy some generic military figures!

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
That thing is cool. how much did it set you back?

From my AmiAmi invoice:
  • Subtotal: 5,330 JPY
  • Shipping: 3,850 JPY
  • Grand total: 9,180 JPY
  • Shipping method: SAL Parcel

So $105 when it was all said and done. A bit much for what amounts to a MG kit in the Gunpla world, but it's a sick display. Box was pretty large, so I imagine that's why the shipping was as much as it was.

cajunator

Banned
From my AmiAmi invoice:

So $105 when it was all said and done. A bit much for what amounts to a MG kit in the Gunpla world, but it's a sick display. Box was pretty large, so I imagine that's why the shipping was as much as it was.

Ah nice. So its not too expensive then.
Its a good model.

Isnt there some sort of beast sized Metal Gear model of that thing too?

From my AmiAmi invoice:

holy crap 40 bucks for shipping?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom