• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
fuck i want it but I have to cancel an amiami order to even consider it.

Also I'm not liking the 50% markup either... Do you guys think it will be cheaper any time in the future?

Busaiku

Are there any good Shun figures out there?
I saw this, but didn't really like it due to the joints being so apparent.
FDdav.jpg

I saw a Gold Cloth one as well, but it looks to be of similar nature.

cajunator

Banned
fuck i want it but I have to cancel an amiami order to even consider it.

Also I'm not liking the 50% markup either... Do you guys think it will be cheaper any time in the future?

Nope. Its been released three times. It was never "cheap" to begin with. It is one of alter's best quality figures.

cajunator

Banned
The community seems to think so. She's near the top of every list http://myfigurecollection.net/figure/top/
What would you put above her?

I was gonna say Ultimate Madoka and Senjou. Although I dont have my Ultimate Madoka yet. Its shipping. From what it looks like, she will be way up there. Also I'm pretty impressed with GSC's upcoming Princess of the Crystal from Penguin Drum. Cant wait to get my hands on that one too.

cajunator

Banned
Goddamn that thing is popular.

I see theres already a rather well done bootleg of ultimate Madoka too. Damn those bootleggers move fast! Had to have been some thrown away mold or something right?

EYEL1NER

It's good to see some news or rumors come out for the Street Fighter Bishoujos.
I don't care much for Alisa from the Tekken line, but every Street Fighter gal will be mine. I've been wanting a good Cammy for a while and I imagine whatever they release will look brilliant. I'm hoping a nice Sakura gets released too. Chun and Cammy were a given, but Sakura is the only other SF girl I would need to have.
Here's hoping a Darkstalkers line gets announced when (if) DS4 comes out, because I would kill for a Bishoujo Morrigan.

Welp, I got my 1/6 cold cast Kanu Unchou in yesterday and I've now decided that I probably won't ever get a cold cast figure again. I bought from a guy on eBay and I don't think it has ever been taken out of the box. The price I paid for it, if I had waited a couple weeks I could have gotten it for $10 more from a year-end sale. Even if I had bought it from a retailer, I knew the risk when dealing with cold cast figures. Hell, I think it was amiami that listed on this product's page a warning that cold cast figures are very brittle and the likelihood that it would arrive with some broken parts was high. So I expected it.
But it was still so disappointing to open it up and see exactly how many pieces were broken off though. Probably 10 to 15 small pieces of hair or clothes sitting there in the styrofoam. They were all clean breaks, so reattaching them shouldn't be too difficult. But the only thing here at the BX is just standard super glue. I have to wrestle with the decision to even fix it at all right now, because I will just have to ship it home when I leave here at the end of the year anyway and risk more breaks or re-breaks.
There is also some marking on her stomach where one of the pieces of red clothing was scratching against her. So that will involve some touching up.

The figure looks great and of course I would love it anyway since it is Kanu, but man... Large cold cast figures go for a lot of money it seems and with the chance of them breaking, what's the point?

PVC from here on out.

MCD

What is a coldcast figure?
Why are they so delicate?
I only buy PVCs.

I am too dumb to explain this scientifically but they are basically pre-painted resin kit.

They are more detailed than regular PVCs and don't lean over time due to heat/cold but they are very fragile and expensive so shit packaging will easily damage some parts like the hair.

Its been released three times. Im sure they will keep making them.
Ive never ever seen such a popular figurine. Really glad I got her from the original preorder.

Actually, I had a chance to get her the first time around and had to pass for financial reasons. Now it's just a matter of timing. I guess I should be paying more attention to MFC.

Speak of the devil. Just got the email saying the Figma archetypes were shipped out today!

In other news, I picked up Ultimate Madoka from the post office today. Put up a few pics on my Flickr. Here's one:

Awesome pic! I'll have to try to pick her up (probably for some ridiculous markup) later on.

cajunator

Banned
Actually, I had a chance to get her the first time around and had to pass for financial reasons. Now it's just a matter of timing. I guess I should be paying more attention to MFC.

Awesome pic! I'll have to try to pick her up (probably for some ridiculous markup) later on.

Mine still has status as being released from customs office in chicago on the 2nd. It cant be long now until it arrives.

Try going to a local con or eBay :p. There's a small chance you could buy one there.....depending on who's retailing there....

I'll be doing Katsucon, Anime Expo and Otakon so I'm bound to find it at one of those places (I hope, anyway). Just afraid of what she'll cost, but that's what I get for missing her repeatedly.

I'll be doing Katsucon, Anime Expo and Otakon so I'm bound to find it at one of those places (I hope, anyway). Just afraid of what she'll cost, but that's what I get for missing her repeatedly.

aye, convention prices are always high. You could always talk it down but I do not possess the haggling gene. Might have to be one of those times where you just say eff it and go for it, since this is a really nice statue and you've missed it every time.

Anyone here have the Chie Figma? What are your thoughts? Looks like I missed the boat but Plamoya has it for $55 after shipping, which I'm willing to pay. I haven't even played P4 yet (tonight if I'm lucky, tomorrow most likely) but I just know I'll like her character.

God help me, I just bought this.

ikezawa-kazuma-king-kazuma-summer-wars.jpg

Kazuma(s) from Summer Wars!

I refuse to say how much it costs for fear of one of you telling me I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else.

aye, convention prices are always high. You could always talk it down but I do not possess the haggling gene. Might have to be one of those times where you just say eff it and go for it, since this is a really nice statue and you've missed it every time.

Anyone here have the Chie Figma? What are your thoughts? Looks like I missed the boat but Plamoya has it for $55 after shipping, which I'm willing to pay. I haven't even played P4 yet (tonight if I'm lucky, tomorrow most likely) but I just know I'll like her character.

It's not overly hard to haggle w dealers. Esp. if you wait until the last day.

Granted, this is why I missed my first Tenshi figure. Saw her when I got into AX early on Day One, gone within the first hour.....

It's not overly hard to haggle w dealers. Esp. if you wait until the last day.

Granted, this is why I missed my first Tenshi figure. Saw her when I got into AX early on Day One, gone within the first hour.....

For me, I'm so used to paying sticker price at normal stores that I forget that haggling is even a thing, like it doesn't even exist in my head. The few times I tried (buying 2 cars, once when buying a couch) I crash and burned miserably. Never tried at a con, though; I typically don't buy anything there anyway besides T-shirts

For me, I'm so used to paying sticker price at normal stores that I forget that haggling is even a thing, like it doesn't even exist in my head. The few times I tried (buying 2 cars, once when buying a couch) I crash and burned miserably. Never tried at a con, though; I typically don't buy anything there anyway besides T-shirts

Where there's a will, there's a way.

My favorite persona to play is the "stubborn idiot" when I was purchasing my car. I managed to get 1k more for my trade-in and about 4k off the MSRP sticker haha.

Busaiku

I refuse to say how much it costs for fear of one of you telling me I could have gotten it cheaper somewhere else.

I am so ready to make the plunge too.
But then I want money for other things too.

It's so hard.

I didn't know about this movie before now ... watching the trailer - looks cool ... looking up ebay prices for the figma statue ... yikes ... 100EUR from japan, I bet Figma Kazuma did cost like 35eur when it was released, no? ;)

I didn't know about this movie before now ... watching the trailer - looks cool ... looking up ebay prices for the figma statue ... yikes ... 100EUR from japan, I bet Figma Kazuma did cost like 35eur when it was released, no? ;)
The movie is pretty amazing! I recommend watching it and potentially liking it enough to question your sanity for spending that much on a figure.

But yeah, the markup on these figurines can get out of control, but that only makes the buying anxiety worse because you know that they'll just get more and more expensive if you don't buy them impulsively.

dankir

I wish the box wasn't so busy but GODDAMN I can't wait for him!!

196971_466205660108096_288222095_n.jpg

545211_466091393452856_956029554_n.jpg

They definitely made him more muscular compared to the first time they showed him

1990_466090170119645_595618010_n.jpg

71552_466090323452963_1925117448_n.jpg

Freaking fantastic.

johnsmith

remember me

She's small. She's plain. She doesn't come with many accessories. $55 is pricey. I would say to wait until you play the game, and keep searching on mandarake, as she pops up there often for 1500-2000 yen. Or just wait for the Megahouse high priestess figure that should be coming up for preorders soon. That one looks a lot better.

I'm not a fan of figmas. I have Chie and Yukiko and those are probably the only ones I'll buy, unless they make more of the main P4 cast for characters unlikely to get full sized pvc figures (Kanji, yosuke). I passed on Labrys in the hopes that she'll be popular enough to get a larger figure.

cajunator

Banned
She's small. She's plain. She doesn't come with many accessories. $55 is pricey. I would say to wait until you play the game, and keep searching on mandarake, as she pops up there often for 1500-2000 yen. Or just wait for the Megahouse high priestess figure that should be coming up for preorders soon. That one looks a lot better.

I'm not a fan of figmas. I have Chie and Yukiko and those are probably the only ones I'll buy, unless they make more of the main P4 cast for characters unlikely to get full sized pvc figures (Kanji, yosuke). I passed on Labrys in the hopes that she'll be popular enough to get a larger figure.

Its those joints. I just dont dig the joints. I leave my figures alone anyway and just look at them so I have little use for a poseable one.

I wish the box wasn't so busy but GODDAMN I can't wait for him!!

196971_466205660108096_288222095_n.jpg

545211_466091393452856_956029554_n.jpg

They definitely made him more muscular compared to the first time they showed him

1990_466090170119645_595618010_n.jpg

71552_466090323452963_1925117448_n.jpg

Freaking fantastic.

Fuck I'm really starting to consider getting him, I need someone to hang out with my Batman

Thanks for the tips on Chie, guys. I'll fight that spending itch a little longer. If only freaking D-Arts Mega Man would arrive it might take my mind off of buying new figures. I've been refreshing the tracking site everyday now.

so I placed an order for the Momohime pvc figure on HLJ and they did send me a confirmation order email but when I go check my order online it says

Does that mean I missed it or that currently its on "order stop"? Because I got the email saying nothing about the order stop

dankir

Fuck I'm really starting to consider getting him, I need someone to hang out with my Batman

Relatively speaking he's pretty cheap too only 180 bucks vs. the typical Batman Hot toys cost. I garuntee you he'll become a very expensive toy to get once they sell out.

meijiko

Just got her out of the shipping box. The packaging is enormous.

I wish you the best of luck putting her together. Took me nearly an hour to get her out of the box and get everything in place. Not to mention getting stabbed many times by her hair, arrow, and bow, and having a panic attack every time one of her pointy parts snagged on my shirt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom