• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Relatively speaking he's pretty cheap too only 180 bucks vs. the typical Batman Hot toys cost. I garuntee you he'll become a very expensive toy to get once they sell out.

ughhh I can't decide if I should get him or continue to save my money for the Hot Toys Scar Predator

cajunator

Banned
Sorry I have a shitty camera. Nothing I could do anyway to do justice to this figurine. Its absolutely amazing.
wPtQ6.jpg

Are there any figures that use some sort of stretchable material as skin over joints? Does the technology not exist or is it just prohibitively expensive?

Are there any figures that use some sort of stretchable material as skin over joints? Does the technology not exist or is it just prohibitively expensive?
Mostly rubber suits like on the Hot Toys Michael Keaton Batman, but there are many good reasons to avoid using it. Long term durability, rubber deterioration, tearing, stretching (like if you left it in a non-neutral pose for a long period of time) and hindering articulation just to name a few.

cajunator

Banned
It doesn't look that big, but then again, I don't know how big those other figures are supposed to be. It's really nice either way.

Well also consider that the figure stretches backwards too. her hair is flayed out all over the place as is her dress. Shes a huge figure as these things go.
I could take a photo from above to show you what I mean.

Well also consider that the figure stretches backwards too. her hair is flayed out all over the place as is her dress. Shes a huge figure as these things go.
I could take a photo from above to show you what I mean.

I can see it would make it hard to place any figures around her, but I'd still like to know how tall it is anyways.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah, that's huge. lol
I don't think I have anywhere I'd be able to put that. It's really nice though.

I compared her to the charles bunny girl figure which is a bit over ten inches high. Madoka goes several inches higher and her total footprint area from directly above is also nearly half a foot longer than charles is tall.

We got our Ultimate Madoka last week. The box is ridiculously large. It's one of the biggest figure boxes in my collection now. The figure itself isn't that big at 1/8th scale but as cajunator said, all the other parts like her flowing hair, the bow, the dress, etc. makes it enormous overall. I had a tough time finding a spot to place her where I was comfortable it wouldn't get knocked over. It seems to have a lot of very fragile parts.

cajunator

Banned
We got our Ultimate Madoka last week. The box is ridiculously large. It's one of the biggest figure boxes in my collection now. The figure itself isn't that big at 1/8th scale but as cajunator said, all the other parts like her flowing hair, the box, the dress, etc. makes it enormous overall. I had a tough time finding a spot to place her where I was comfortable it wouldn't get knocked over. It seems to have a lot of very fragile parts.

The problem I have is fitting her in my curio along with a bunch of others with equally fragile parts.

LadyRiven

I wish you the best of luck putting her together. Took me nearly an hour to get her out of the box and get everything in place. Not to mention getting stabbed many times by her hair, arrow, and bow, and having a panic attack every time one of her pointy parts snagged on my shirt.

lol, accurate ><
I was sooo afraid of breaking one of her many delicate parts. D:

Here's another shot I took yesterday. She's so glorious. ;u;

Busaiku

For used items on AmiAmi, how do we know exactly what condition they're in?
I see they've got the guidelines below, but I don't see anything specific on the item or anything.

johnsmith

remember me
For used items on AmiAmi, how do we know exactly what condition they're in?
I see they've got the guidelines below, but I don't see anything specific on the item or anything.

You won't know until you get it. I've ordered a bunch of B items and they've all been more or less perfect. But it's definitely YMMV.

cajunator

Banned
lol, accurate ><
I was sooo afraid of breaking one of her many delicate parts. D:

Here's another shot I took yesterday. She's so glorious. ;u;

I notice you didnt get her left wing all the way into her back either. Probably chickened out like I did XD. I dont blame you. Didnt want to break those wings. Shes so incredibly elegant looking. GSC really are the masters of their craft.

Man making custom characters with Figma is expensive but alot of fun, pretty easy as well.
Im tired of getting trolled by 'Axe Factory' customs.
Definitely want to attempt a Kyonko at some point.

speedline

Banned
send me a pm with your zip code!

Just saying thanks to you kiryogi, the Zoids figure came in today and it's awesome! I've never had someone just randomly give me something like this before so it's going to stay with me for a long time. I'll put it up on the shelf later and take some pics when I get a chance, thanks again-- speedline

Looks like amiami put up a preowned figma of the rabbit dude from Summer Wars. Still expensive at 6,140 yen, but it usually goes for more than that even on mandarake, and way way more than that on ebay.

http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-IPN-1282-R012
A similar figure (albeit one with the other Kazuma as well) from the last page goes for literally, around twice as much on ebay.

This is a helluva deal if anyone is on the fence.

sca2511

Got a Alter Dizzy from a con yesterday for $160, box a little torn, not sure if a good price. GF also got Alter Panty and Stocking, quite like them.

meijiko

Got a Alter Dizzy from a con yesterday for $160, box a little torn, not sure if a good price. GF also got Alter Panty and Stocking, quite like them.

I think that's a good price for such a popular figure, considering she was nearly that much when she came out. I never was much of a stickler for box condition, though.

cajunator

Banned
I have three, and two of them broke in minor ways during shipping. I have Shadow of the Colossus Kotobukiya, and one of its ribbon straps broke off. My other two are the Cardcaptor Sakura Kaiyodo figures, and the Episode 20 one has one of her top hair pieces broken off.

These definitely don't seem to me like they are worth buying. I absolutely abhor broken parts on display models. I get nervous enough with delicate PVC figures as it is.

D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
6424.jpg

Preordered the rerelease...now I'm gonna have to hunt down the rest -_-

meijiko

These definitely don't seem to me like they are worth buying. I absolutely abhor broken parts on display models. I get nervous enough with delicate PVC figures as it is.

If there were comparable alternatives, I might agree. But as it stands, they're three of my most prized figures in my collection, broken or not. I have the pieces still so they can be repaired, and to me they're very minor; onlookers wouldn't even notice if they didn't know they were there. They're rare enough that I could never despise them for their flaws, and I don't think I would take the time or effort to track down "perfect" ones.

cajunator

Banned
If there were comparable alternatives, I might agree. But as it stands, they're three of my most prized figures in my collection, broken or not. I have the pieces still so they can be repaired, and to me they're very minor; onlookers wouldn't even notice if they didn't know they were there. They're rare enough that I could never despise them for their flaws, and I don't think I would take the time or effort to track down "perfect" ones.

True, they are CCS figures and highly desirable (I totally want some CCS figures of some kind myself)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom