• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teva

Banned
(Pre-owned ITEM:B / BOX:B)
Marvel Bishoujo - Black Widow original version
4,640 Yen
http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?scode=FIG-KAI-0529-R002
This figure regularly goes for over $100 on ebay, so this is an awesome deal.

ibufjNTLSrgVfr.jpg

I like the newer design more.

Mew2

Neo Member
I'm so torn between starting collecting again...
Threads like these T_T

I've wanted this Freeing figure for awhile I think I might take the dive, gotta love the quality of their work!

emiri_kimidori_1.jpg

LiK

I'm so torn between starting collecting again...
Threads like these T_T

I've wanted this Freeing figure for awhile I think I might take the dive, gotta love the quality of their work!

emiri_kimidori_1.jpg

I still have this sealed and was thinking of selling it....

Mew2

Neo Member
I still have this sealed and was thinking of selling it....

OMG sealed or unsealed XD

If you'd like to it would go to good hands :3
What do you think of the figure? It's beautiful imo

Send me a PM if you make up your mind! Very jealous

meijiko

Interesting choice of Emirii. She was actually my favorite of the set, and I actually almost bought her. But my OCD collecting habits would make me go after the whole set, and I don't think I'd feel too comfortable displaying Kyon's sister along with them. Not to mention that 1/4 standing Yuki is incredibly tall, and I don't know where I'd be able to put her.

Having seen these in person though, they're really impressive figures.

In other news, though a month late it seems, GoodSmile Company announced that they'll be making a Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid. Words cannot describe how happy I am, and I only hope they continue on with additional figures. I'm holding out for a prototype display at WonFes, but since it's so soon since the announcement I won't be too surprised if it's not there yet.

Mew2

Neo Member
Interesting choice of Emirii. She was actually my favorite of the set, and I actually almost bought her. But my OCD collecting habits would make me go after the whole set, and I don't think I'd feel too comfortable displaying Kyon's sister along with them. Not to mention that 1/4 standing Yuki is incredibly tall, and I don't know where I'd be able to put her.

In other news, though a month late it seems, GoodSmile Company announced that they'll be making a Cardcaptor Sakura nendoroid. Words cannot describe how happy I am, and I only hope they continue on with additional figures. I'm holding out for a prototype display at WonFes, but since it's so soon since the announcement I won't be too surprised if it's not there yet.

Haha I can understand the feeling! Does anyone else have any figures they are sometimes "hesitant" about showing off or displaying? I ran into this problem when having people over..but eh I got over it and usually it's a 2 second convo

Them: You collect dolls?
Me: They aren't dolls...they are figures
Them: Oh cool...so you wanna play some Halo?

LadyRiven

CCS Nendoroid :OOOO
I can't wait!

johnsmith

remember me
I really wish Amazon Japan would ship to the US. They have really good prices on figures sometimes. Yamato's Kneesocks is only 4,907 yen, which is about half of what amiami has her for, and even a good bit cheaper than plamoya who has her for 48% off. I'm going to order using a proxy for the first time. I hope things go smoothly.
igz8EfNhUrESI.jpg

LadyRiven

What do you guys think of this Vash: http://www.amiami.com/top/detail/detail?gcode=FIG-IPN-5010&page=top

The detail seems really good. Is it by any chance one of those that can easily break during shipping?

Woolfwood looks great too.

I wouldn't worry TOO much about PVC figures breaking during shipping. At least, I've never had it happen. Cold cast or resin statues are the ones that break a lot. If you're really worried, though, you can discuss it with people on the MFC page for that figure. And make sure you have it sent via EMS or registered mail.

Teva

Banned
Hey I wanna buy someone a figure from AMIAMI as a present. I'm just wondering if the receipt will show my credit card info or anything? Also is there a way to send it as a gift so it wont show how much I paid for it and whatnot?

meijiko

Hey I wanna buy someone a figure from AMIAMI as a present. I'm just wondering if the receipt will show my credit card info or anything? Also is there a way to send it as a gift so it wont show how much I paid for it and whatnot?

It won't show any personal info aside from name/address of the recipient, but unfortunately there's no way to avoid showing how much was paid for the item as it's required for the customs form.

God, that Kneesocks above is so great.

I've managed to avoid getting figures that would make my grandmother disapprove if she saw them out of context, but that is really fantastic and definitely worth the risk of a proxy.

meijiko

Pachimari

Is the Max Payne figure from the Collector's Edition worth getting?

And have we gotten any news about the Bishoujo Tekken line-up after JayCee and Lili? I really want Jun, Xiaoyu and Michelle.

Absolutely love the face sculpt.
When is this Snake figure coming out?

I want to buy this Bayonetta figure but the only people selling it are from either China or Hong Kong on ebay, which is a huge red flag for me. I think I'll just wait and pre order from AMIAMI cause I think they are doing a rerelease of the figure.

bayonetta.jpg
This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for - where can one get this?

Is the Max Payne figure from the Collector's Edition worth getting?

And have we gotten any news about the Bishoujo Tekken line-up after JayCee and Lili? I really want Jun, Xiaoyu and Michelle.

When is this Snake figure coming out?

This is EXACTLY what I have been looking for - where can one get this?

bayonetta isn't out
http://myfigurecollection.net/item/13944

also what a nasty seam
I_Kyubey1347019933.jpeg

edit

yamato is making a bayonetta figure as well. Its still in production

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/61595

Trying to sell a few of my figures at the minute, Hot toys Godfather, blitzway scarface and enterbay Jack Bauer. Deciding to refine collection to just Batman and Marvel. Should have Hawkeye and Ziron Man Mark 1 this week!

SUPARSTARX

Trying to sell a few of my figures at the minute, Hot toys Godfather, blitzway scarface and enterbay Jack Bauer. Deciding to refine collection to just Batman and Marvel. Should have Hawkeye and Ziron Man Mark 1 this week!

How much are you trying to get for Enterbay Jack Bauer?

Yes Boss!

Got the email that Muramasa Momohime is in stock finally at Amiami.

Nice. Exchange rate seems to be really nice...less than $100 delivered EMS, nice!

BadWolf

crap, was gonna hold off but gonna grab it now. it's a great looking figure and cheaper on AmiAmi too.

I'm still torn on this one, everything looks freaking fantastic other than the face. The pose is so dynamic and eye catching and the body looks excellent.

The Yamato prototype looks nice but its got nothing on this one's pose and and the feel it gives.

EDIT: Screw it, pre-ordered it. Been looking at pictures and it seems that no matter what angle they photograph that pose from it looks amazing.

If I pass it up I know I'll regret it later when it costs hundreds on ebay or whatever and will be next to impossible to get it otherwise.

Went with SAL Unregistered because I'm cheap and the statue is expensive as is.

I wouldn't worry TOO much about PVC figures breaking during shipping. At least, I've never had it happen. Cold cast or resin statues are the ones that break a lot. If you're really worried, though, you can discuss it with people on the MFC page for that figure. And make sure you have it sent via EMS or registered mail.

Ah, thanks. Wasn't sure which the fragile one's were.

EYEL1NER

so in terms of posable action figure types that are good quality what's the best to buy:

D-ARTS
Figuarts
Revoltech
Figma
Play Arts ?
I'm surprised so many people put Figmas over Revoltech. Out of the Figmas and Revoltechs I now own or have seen, I would give the nod on quality and pose-ability to Revoltech.
The only thing I would say Figmas do better is faces. Figma faces always look great, while I have seen some really average Revoltech faces.

I'm surprised so many people put Figmas over Revoltech. Out of the Figmas and Revoltechs I now own or have seen, I would give the nod on quality and pose-ability to Revoltech.
The only thing I would say Figmas do better is faces. Figma faces always look great, while I have seen some really average Revoltech faces.
That's probably why Figmas are liked more, don't think most of us care too much for posing. Rather how accurate their depiction of said character etc.

How do you guys store all the extra hands, faces, accessories, etc for your figs? I put everything in little baggies and put them all in a random tin I had laying around, but the tin is too small now. I found a shoebox but that would look pretty ugly and I fear misplacing it

meijiko

How do you guys store all the extra hands, faces, accessories, etc for your figs? I put everything in little baggies and put them all in a random tin I had laying around, but the tin is too small now. I found a shoebox but that would look pretty ugly and I fear misplacing it

I just have a cardboard box labeled "Parts Box."

If it's something like a nendo, I keep all the parts in the original box and stash that somewhere. Other than that, plastic bag and throw it inside a plastic bin with the rest of my figure accessories.

If you go to a craft store like Michael's or Hobby Lobby you should be able to find some compartmentalized plastic storage containers. They are perfect for storing all the extra parts and keeping them organized.

Anony

wmKJ2N2.jpg
vN0LsvE.jpg

my collection
the 2nd picture is alot of little figs/gunplas that arent 'good enough' to be in the cabinet + have not organized/thought of where to put

thanks for the tips, everyone. I was hoping there was some clearly superior method but it seems like everyone just works with what they have.

I'm all too familiar with the plastic storage cases, I have like 5 of them for board game pieces. A lot of times board games can come with dozens, even 100+ cardboard "chits," and a storage organizer is necessary unless you just want to dump them all into a freezer bag and spend too much time searching for specific ones during gameplay.

Right now I moved my pieces and stands into the shoebox and will probably leave it like that. I'll keep an eye out for a geeky tin that's big enough but no rush

Awww yeah

lHFQiYNl.jpg

v8S0vGUl.jpg

7QGPtYyl.jpg

5vjyCrWl.jpg

TENGjEKl.jpg

My first S.H. Figuarts, they're GREAT. Really fine detail with the paint around the eyes and the bottoms of the feet in particular. I was surprised when I felt that some of the pieces are actually metal, I'm not sure if that's normal for Figuarts or just this series since they're in robo-armor.

There's 4 others from this series but I don't like the Lunatic and Rock Bison figs. I do eventually want Sky High and Origami Cyclone, though. Plus, they released the motorcycle + sidecar for the 2 I already have but it's like $100! Ouch!

shelf pics

Anony, the picture makes them all look small but knowing that Momohime is 8.25" really puts the whole thing into perspective! What is behind them that made you drape towels over the back? I don't know Gundams, are the ones you have statues/figures or are they more like model kits you had to put together and paint? Really cool all in all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom