• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brofist

Sorry for the crappy pictures. One of my neighbors is a big Ultraman fan.

Image031.jpg

Image032.jpg

Image033.jpg

This is only a fraction btw.

Dante23

hirokazu said:
What's this from, and how much?

That is from The Garder of Sinners/Kara no Kyōkai (Type Moon), I've never seen the series, but some friend showed me that figure and in that moment I knew it would be mine :D

It costs 6.500 Yen, roughly $66 USD.

PD: kpop100, dear lord... there is at least two hundred figures there.

: o

WHAT THE HELL!!

commanderdeek said:
I need that Sakaki figure. Where did you get it?

I got that from Yahoo auctions jp.

Some figures I got in the mean time:
Yotsuba Stuff.
2.jpg

1.jpg

4.jpg

Kotobukiya Rei
reist2.jpg

Yoko Revo, with the 2 mini figures.
trio.jpg

Yoko Revo again
yokorevo1.jpg

Medicom Olive Drab Snake
snakeold.jpg

And leaving the best till last.

FINALLY!
jack%201.jpg

jack2.jpg

hirokazu

Dante23 said:
That is from The Garder of Sinners/Kara no Kyōkai (Type Moon), I've never seen the series, but some friend showed me that figure and in that moment I knew it would be mine :D

It costs 6.500 Yen, roughly $66 USD.

PD: kpop100, dear lord... there is at least two hundred figures there.

: o

WHAT THE HELL!!
Thanks. Damn, I wants.. ;_;

Also, WTF at Ultraman collection. What.

Dante23

hirokazu said:
Thanks. Damn, I wants.. ;_;

Also, WTF at Ultraman collection. What.

It is a very beautiful figure, I believe that is worth it!

But if you want it you will have to hurry up, because it is a limited figure, when I bought mine there was 6 sellers in eBay with it, the last time I checked there was just one with it.

dabookerman, how many figures do you have? your collection seems pretty massive (but not as masive as the dude with Ultraman : P).

Dante23 said:
dabookerman, how many figures do you have? your collection seems pretty massive (but not as masive as the dude with Ultraman : P).

Not that much really. I would say about 20-30, and these are including 12", 6/7" figures. Most are MGS related.

painey

3149844227_e8994cbaeb_b.jpg

Final Fantasy Trading Figures vol. 3.
They are more expensive, and in smaller boxes than the previous 2 series, but of an even higher quality. The painting is superb and Tidus' sword is phenominal. The figures themselves are larger than the previous series and have much more detail.

Dante23

dabookerman said:
Yoko Revo, with the 2 mini figures.
trio.jpg

Yoko Revo again
yokorevo1.jpg

I got to say that that figure is plainly awesome, mine arrived today and I'm very happy with it, I love the huge-ass rifle :lol, you can move the figure a lot, experiment with it and surely you will come out with fucking awesome poses. I'll post pics of mine later. The thing that surprised me was the shipping, awesome, cheap and REALLY fast, at par with EMS for me.

The sad thing is that is not very "photogenic", so normaly it seems ugly in photographs.

PD: I like a lot the Rikku of above poster. Pretty nice.

Divvy

Canadians burned my passport
Oh if no one's heard yet, the next PG will be Red Frame Astray which is FUCKAWESOME.

Dead

well not really...yet
Adumaha said:
Oh if no one's heard yet, the next PG will be Red Frame Astray which is FUCKAWESOME.
Sounds lame to me

Since they will essentially just re-use the PG Strike frame.

Would rather an actual new PG...

Arcipello said:
The only figure i ever purchased.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3164/2904860511_c3bd77ac33_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3077/2904861345_61b9f62067_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3249/2905706368_8e99cb9a0c_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3067/2905705238_3c2516b4c2_o.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3284/2904859115_e922f3696f_o.jpg[MG]
[IMG]http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3187/2905706024_697e214850_o.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

God, that is so badass

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
Tirade said:
FFFFFFFUCCCCKKKK I NEED IT

Hope the final product is painted :\

UNF UNF UNF UNF ME TOOOOOO!!!!!

I absolutely have to get a Gurren Lagann figure at some point in the future. The Revoltech ones looked sexy at first but once I noticed all the joints...>_<

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
I'm a total figure n00b, but sometimes I want certain figures and I feel super apprehensive about where I order from for following reasons:

a) price - is it a fair price for a certain model or are some sites expensive vs cheap?
b) customs - some sites will help you dodge it in various ways.
c) fakes - what sites are guaranteed real and can places like ebay be trusted?
d) all-round reliability of unknown sites in an unknown industry - delivery, security, stock etc etc.

SO can we all perhaps list sites and general buying advice when we show models or maybe just share your go-to retailers for things?

and then could we add them all to the OP?

It'd be awesome to have a resource full of decent and reputable sites as recommended by GAF :D

PLLLEEEAAASSSEEE!! I hate this uncertainty and anxiety over potential purchases.

P.S those Portrait of Pirates collections are super fucking awesome. a whole set must be sooooooo expensive :(

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
Tirade said:
*GL pics*

FFFFFFFUCCCCKKKK I NEED IT

Hope the final product is painted :\

bursting at the SEAMS with concentrated sex

Who is making/price/date/something

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
did anyone grab Brooke and Lucci POP figures? seem sold out already! Know of anywhere decent with them in stock?

oh and check out aokiji and mihawk POP!!

P1010531.jpg

003.jpg

Final Fantasy VII Play Arts Figures
Final Fantasy VII: Crisis Core Potion from the 10th Anniversary Box

004.jpg

Gundam Model Kits
Final Fantasy X-2 Play Arts Figures
Metal Gear Solid 4 Old Snake Figure
Castlevania Figures

005.jpg

Neon Genesis Evangelion Kubricks and Assorted Gashapon Figures
Devil May Cry Gashapon Figures
Legend of Zelda Master Sword and Shield Replica
Gungrave Figure

006.jpg

Casshern Gashapon Figures
Fire Emblem Gashapon Figures
Full Metal Alchemist Gashapon Figures
Naruto Gashapon Figures

007.jpg

Serenity PVC Figures

atomsk

Party Pooper
kaizoku said:
did anyone grab Brooke and Lucci POP figures? seem sold out already! Know of anywhere decent with them in stock?

oh and check out aokiji and mihawk POP!!

P1010531.jpg

i figured it was about time NEO 7 was announced.

new figs look nice, but i only wanted the full strawhat crew

that case is setup weird though. why both Namis, and why isn't the NEO EX Carue in there?

Popneoex-carue.jpg

Snaku

Banned
Mistouze said:
UNF UNF UNF UNF ME TOOOOOO!!!!!

I absolutely have to get a Gurren Lagann figure at some point in the future. The Revoltech ones looked sexy at first but once I noticed all the joints...>_<

My Revoltech GL's leg falls off constantly. And he's smaller than I'd hoped. Not too happy with it...

54-46!

Router said:
That's probably the best looking Motoko figure I've ever seen, love the details.. her face doesn't look quite right though. This might be a custom build?

JasonMCG said:
Wow... these are based on the first comic book? very oldschool and gritty. They look amazing, where can I buy 'em?

As a fan of The Big Lebowski, I've had it in my mind that I would buy these two some time:
lebowski_figure.jpg

Ela Hadrun

Probably plays more games than you
I am not a collector, but my best friend is. I should trick her into photographing her collection, she'd like that I think. Or is her camera broken?

Anyway, she has a squishy-boob Misato. She got it at AnimeBoston or at an NYC con. We have a lot of fun with it, not least because it scandalizes our menfolk.

gokieks

My next must-have figure:

1_2009Jan13151540_2304.jpg

5_2009Jan13151540_2304.jpg

Already have it pre-ordered... July can't come soon enough.

Edit: Also, maybe someone here can offer some help on this: I want to build a miniature winter forest scene for my Shiki figure (inspired by this), but I'm having trouble finding trees of appropriate size (closest thing I've found was 16" to 18" trees for train models, and those are like $50 each). If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.

Dante23

gokieks said:
Edit: Also, maybe someone here can offer some help on this: I want to build a miniature winter forest scene for my Shiki figure (inspired by this), but I'm having trouble finding trees of appropriate size (closest thing I've found was 16" to 18" trees for train models, and those are like $50 each). If anyone has any suggestions, it'd be much appreciated.

So you also bought the Shiki figure :D, mine arrived a couple weeks ago, I'm very happy with it!

294oxmh.jpg

10nb81i.jpg

256901y.jpg

2pte06s.jpg

10dsjuh.jpg

Yes, I know I suck at photography :(.

By the way gokieks, I'd like to see how your forest turn out, I'm sorry I can't help you out, but be sure to post it here once finished.

PD: That Saber is awesome, I saw it a couple weeks back in Goodsmile's webpage.

Hong Kong actor Louis Koo lives here. This is his own private museum.

Holy shit!

6_louis_museum.jpg

200901270.45572400%201233070991.JPG

200901270.27441500%201233070902.JPG

200901270.30797700%201233070902.JPG

I just coincidentally found out the extent of his nerdity earlier today. Holy crap. This guy is living the dream man. This only makes me like him more, and it somehow retroactively makes Election 1 and 2 even better.

Wired

dabookerman said:
pic

This WILL be mine!!!

along with like 5 other Yoko figures :_;

Oh man oh man, so far I've stopped myself from putting down a preorder three times, the price isn't so bad but I know it'll get stuck in customs and after that little adventure... well it would be expensive. I'll sleep on it.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I never noticed this thread.

I own both Dante's from Devil May Cry(DMC3 and DMC4 Versions). I'll try get some pictures of them tomorrow.

I'd fucking kill for a Shuichi Shindo one.

shintoki said:
I never noticed this thread.

I own both Dante's from Devil May Cry(DMC3 and DMC4 Versions). I'll try get some pictures of them tomorrow.

I'd fucking kill for a Shuichi Shindo one.

Kotobukiya ones right? They are great figures. I have the Ninja Gaiden ones, only missing Ayane :(

ianp622

Atomzzk! said:
That's probably the best looking Motoko figure I've ever seen, love the details.. her face doesn't look quite right though. This might be a custom build?

Even if the face isn't exact, it's still convincing because it conveys her personality well. I can't seem to find that figure though. Anyone know where it's from?

_dementia said:
AnimeTruck, a 3rd party store on Amazon. A bit more than $45 shipped to me.
It's 1/6 scale; about 11 inches tall and the detail is great.

Ah cool. She's the only one left to get from the Kotobukiya Ninja Gaiden line. I have Ryu, Kureha and the other wench... Rachel.

Want a job :(

Hot Toys have announced YET ANOTHER FUCKING JOKER >:x

mar31_joker_14.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom