• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronok

TimeKillr said:
I went all-out on Rainbow Ten... :)

I got the following kits:

Gundam Exia 1/60
Exia.jpg

Gundam Virtue 1/100
Virtue.jpg

Gonna cost me a bit but it'll be fun :)

I have these two. They are awesome. :D

Slurmer

Banned
Is anyone interested in this limited edition Black Escaflowne action figure? I have read that it is rare, something like only 10,000 in existence. It has never been removed from its plastic and still comes in the original box.
PICT0038.jpg

PICT0037.jpg

Ronok

TimeKillr said:
I should have the kits early next week.. I can't wait to build them. This is gonna be my first 1/60 kit too :)

The Exia was pretty damn fun to put together. My only problem was I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the stickers that come with it. Stickers suck, but, without them it looks odd. :'(

TimeKillr

Ronok said:
The Exia was pretty damn fun to put together. My only problem was I wasn't sure if I wanted to use the stickers that come with it. Stickers suck, but, without them it looks odd. :'(

Well I did get them all yesterday.

I started on the Exia.. Wow that thing is freaky huge. I wasn't exactly sure how big a 1/60 kit would be, but just after assembling the torso it's about 4x as big as my other 1/100 models :)

I gotta paint my Setsuna too, but I suck at painting, so I don't know what's going to happen to it.

I have a feeling I'll be tackling my Hi-Nu Gundam this weekend. This Master Grade stuff is incredibly impressive...

S. L.

Ronok said:
you can get waterslide decals here:
http://www.samueldecal.com/ (warning site is loading sloooooooooooooooooooooow)
1000x better than stickers.

Haha my buddy just pointed this out to me yesterday - it will up the creep out factor for sure!

Squishy boob Japanese toys!

I was googling trying to find this since he said anime girl, squishy boobs, and machine gun. The Google was not pretty. Although I discovered SEGA is also making squishy boob Eva girls too. :lol

hirokazu

The Take Out Bandit said:
Haha my buddy just pointed this out to me yesterday - it will up the creep out factor for sure!

Squishy boob Japanese toys!

I was googling trying to find this since he said anime girl, squishy boobs, and machine gun. The Google was not pretty. Although I discovered SEGA is also making squishy boob Eva girls too. :lol
WTF, LOL. Where are the Eva ones >_>

I knew about the squishy boob figures. I really want to see how they feel, because I doubt they will feel like real boobs.

That's nothing really.

What IS creepy is this fetish, where you basically nut all over your figure.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Revoltech KRAUSER II action figure. I saw some episodes of the Detroit Metal City anime a few weeks ago and laughed my ass off; went and saw the live-action movie in theaters, got some of the comics, and then I went and got this figure. They make the other two members of the band too, gotta get 'em all!

2888784225_9271759020.jpg

Capcomanix 2 Felicia. This thing came in a ridiculously large box considering its size.

2893581121_e4ca0548fd.jpg

Shuunya Yamashita-designed Kasumi and Ayane DOAX figures, likely from a UFO catcher game machine. The store was selling them new dirt cheap so I got them.

2893581125_58f0ac38b4.jpg

Next up is the Revoltech Gurren Lagann Yoko figure in a couple of days.

dabookerman said:
I knew about the squishy boob figures. I really want to see how they feel, because I doubt they will feel like real boobs.

That's nothing really.

What IS creepy is this fetish, where you basically nut all over your figure.

No, that's something. That is going too damn far. Not even gonna comment on that last part, what the FUCK? You must have been on 4chan or something. :lol

thetechkid

Alpha_eX said:
Recently sold a few things and cleared my American DS games from the shelf freeing up a load of space and filling a DVD rack on the other side of the room.

toys_aug_5.jpg

toys_aug_6.jpg

My collection of Pikmin Figures, over 100, not shown.

What are those?

TimeKillr

Dali said:
Oh snap, the Perfect Grade Wing Zero. How much was it?

It's all painted and all too.. Sooo pretty :)

I have to build my Hi-Nu soon too. I suck at painting, though :(

Anybody knows how to apply those markers exactly? It seems to be like the old stuff I did with WH40k; mainly, water markers, but I'm really unsure, and getting spare marker sets for that is kinda hard :)

Hero

Nice job on the Zero Wing Custom. I hear in terms of overall design though the Master Grade model is better, which I suppose is understandable since it's newer.

I want a Hi-nu MG.

thetechkid

Alpha_eX said:
First set are Cactus Pups, second set are Knockman Planet.

Alright, well it says the Knockman are Discontinued, but the Cactus ones look like they're relatively cheap.

TimeKillr said:
I went all-out on Rainbow Ten... :)

I got the following kits:

Gundam Dynames 1/100
Dynames.jpg

Gundam Kyrios 1/100
Kyrios.jpg

Gundam Virtue 1/100
Virtue.jpg

Gonna cost me a bit but it'll be fun :)

How much do each of those kits set you back? I'm working on my 1/144 HG Red Astray right now but I want to get something to work on afterward. Would prefer a 1/100 MG Crossbone Ver. Ka, but I can't find any.

TimeKillr

thetechkid said:
Alright, well it says the Knockman are Discontinued, but the Cactus ones look like they're relatively cheap.

How much do each of those kits set you back? I'm working on my 1/144 HG Red Astray right now but I want to get something to work on afterward. Would prefer a 1/100 MG Crossbone Ver. Ka, but I can't find any.

I got them all at Rainbow Ten... Let's see.

0071300713002,BANDAI,1840YEN,GUNDAM00 02 1/100 GN-002 GUNDAM DYNAMES
0071300713003,BANDAI,2080YEN,GUNDAM00 03 1/100 GN-003 GUNDAM KYRIOS
0071300713004,BANDAI,3200YEN,GUNDAM00 04 1/100 GN-005 GUNDAM VIRTUE

+ shipping :) The shipping was pretty expensive, to be honest - around 100$ to Canada, but I had a LOT of stuff in that order, so it's to be expected.

I've found another site that has MUCH cheaper shipping but slightly higher standard prices: www.hobbywave.com. We ordered a few things from them as a test - I got a bunch of action bases plus a GP02 metallic finish and it worked out perfectly. 15$ flat rate shipping on any order was a boon, seriously.

I assume you're looking for this model:
0071300712293,BANDAI,2800YEN,MG 1/100 XM-X1 CROSSBONE GUNDAM X1 (Ver.Ka)

Rainbow Ten is awesome :) Their prices are all sorts of ridiculously cheap... I'm actually amazed that a japanese retailer doesn't do massive price gouging for exports. Everywhere I've looked for almost anything japanese straight from there, they were very happy to almost double the value of a lot of stuff.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Got a few Gurren Lagann toys last week. The Revoltech version of Yoko plus two Konami Figumates- Simon and the rare version of Yoko. I need the Kamina one!

2916034034_35b1c0d6df.jpg

Jake.

i would put everyone's collection to shame but i don't buy or collect action figures/mecha/anime joints. more japanese vinyl and kaiju.

Cardon

dabookerman said:
FUCKING RAIDEN!!!
raiden.jpg

How is it? I was thinking about buying that but the somewhat high price and lack of displayability compared to something like the Hot Toys TDK figures made me unsure if I should purchase Raiden.

Cardon said:
How is it? I was thinking about buying that but the somewhat high price and lack of displayability compared to something like the Hot Toys TDK figures made me unsure if I should purchase Raiden.

I'm gonna check it out in detail soon, I will post a load of pics later on.

Right, here are all the pics I have taken. The only issue i have with this figure is that it is very difficult to pose, the whole suit is made from rubber and this means that trying to outstretch the hand will just put it back to standard position. Also it is quite fragile. It's a shame really, because the figure is totally badass. Well worth the £110 I spent on it :_;
1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Alpha_eX

Jake. said:
i would put everyone's collection to shame but i don't buy or collect action figures/mecha/anime joints. more japanese vinyl and kaiju.
who cares, post it the pics, would be good to see more vinyl.

atomsk

Party Pooper
strawhat crew COMPLETE

2v3o3eq.jpg

and damn does Brook have a lot of detail! (his head even opens to hold the shell!)

Koshiba

atomsk said:
strawhat crew COMPLETE

2v3o3eq.jpg

and damn does Brook have a lot of detail! (his head even opens to hold the shell!)

Lucky. :lol I would love to have those figures. :( But everytime they were released I never seemed to have the money and of course never saw them at conventions (few times I would have spending money.)

Wired

Trevor360 said:
Raiden has the most blatent mangina I have ever seen in those pics

The mind is a powerful thing, you see what you want to see and there's not much that can be done about it.

Exitus_pt

just got one of my grails in terms of figures, the RAH Goku, and i have to say that it is awesome. Will definitely collect the line eventhough my wallet will be hating me for it:lol

atomsk said:
strawhat crew COMPLETE

2v3o3eq.jpg

I would love to have the complete set! Or even one. :lol

I'll get them someday. I don't care about first ones or second so as long as I get one of each I'll be good.

Dante23

Lyte Edge said:
Got a few Gurren Lagann toys last week. The Revoltech version of Yoko plus two Konami Figumates- Simon and the rare version of Yoko. I need the Kamina one!

2916034034_35b1c0d6df.jpg

Can you post that pic in other host (tinypic)? I can't see the Flickr pictures :(

Anyway, I really don't buy that much of figures, I have only a Saber made by Revoltech. But I saw this one and I had to buy it:

2008Aug11154639_257.jpg

It will arrive in a week or two :)

PD: This one is also tempting me, but I really don't know if I'll ever buy it:

2008Dec11151944_2266.jpg

But I want a Yoko, maybe I'll buy the Revoltech one instead, or maybe neither! : P

hirokazu

Dante23 said:
Can you post that pic in other host (tinypic)? I can't see the Flickr pictures :(

Anyway, I really don't buy that much of figures, I have only a Saber made by Revoltech. But I saw this one and I had to buy it:

2008Aug11154639_257.jpg

It will arrive in a week or two :)
What's this from, and how much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom