• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
That Wesker figure is cool along with some of the gaming ones and I always wanted the lost figures although I have to say I find the risque anime figures terrifying (I should add I've always had a fear of dolls since my grandma had some china dolls) but each to their own.

I always wanted a really perfect Big Daddy one but never saw one just right

Although I have no room to speak on hobbies I'm a 25 year old man who watches wrestling lol

SketchTheArtist said:
Hey guys, need a little help!

Can someone point me to a place where I can pre-order this figure?

8Biohazard5_AlbertWeskerSTARSver.jpg

Someplace reasonable and secure please.

Thanks in advance!

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=HOT10262&mode=retail

I've been going crazy buying up DC Universe Classics.

2rf9a90.jpg

That's just a fraction of what I've got. I think I'm at around 36 figures from the series. D:

I'll unbox them once I get relocated and situated.

Lourio

Here are my favorite 2 from my collection. Please pardon the shitty pics, I need to take them with a real camera.

Sabretooth
IMG00014-20090806-1935.jpg

Wolverine
IMG00016-20090806-1936.jpg

I'm not a fan of anime but I really like the design of the Yotsuba characters. The pigs are awefully cute as well. I'm into 1/6th scale WW2 models. I'm building/converting a Kübelwagen model into RC that my friend Hans Krüger can tool around in.

hans.jpg

S. L.

VelvetMouth said:
I'm not a fan of anime but I really like the design of the Yotsuba characters. The pigs are awefully cute as well. I'm into 1/6th scale WW2 models. I'm building/converting a Kübelwagen model into RC that my friend Hans Krüger can tool around in.

http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f295/WrasseAttack/hans.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
he looks like an angry Tom Hanks

Dead

well not really...yet
beyond awesome news

Kaiyodo are going to be making Revoltechs of Movie Batman and the Jurassic Park T-Rex!

11m7o93.jpg

Got my Play-Arts Kai Roy Mustang this week and am expecting my Alphonse Elric figure next week.

These Play-Arts figures do seem to have more joints and I really like the interchangeable hands and heads, as well as the new stand.

So here's Roy, with my PPP Roy figure...
IMG_1235.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Snaku said:
Holy shit, a Revoltech T-Rex?! Is it gonna be super tiny like the Revoltech Gurren Lagann I own?
2hrkc4j.jpg

They're also making Revoltech of Alien, Gamera and other Film properties for 2010

Snaku

Banned
Zaptruder said:
This looks great, but I'm neither a fan of the series or the price!

The price is fair considering previous Max Factory Guyver figures sell for upwards of $200 used these days. You should definitely check the series out though. The manga is available in English, including the current chapter that just came out yesterday, but requires some digging. However, the 2005 anime is readily available on DVD, covers the first 10 volumes, and is a very good adaptation. Perfect introduction to the series, in a similar way that the Berserk anime is, only without the utterly gut wrenching cliffhanger.

Zaptruder

Banned
Snaku said:
The price is fair considering previous Max Factory Guyver figures sell for upwards of $200 used these days. You should definitely check the series out though. The manga is available in English, including the current chapter that just came out yesterday, but requires some digging. However, the 2005 anime is readily available on DVD, covers the first 10 volumes, and is a very good adaptation. Perfect introduction to the series, in a similar way that the Berserk anime is, only without the utterly gut wrenching cliffhanger.

It's ok mate. I've got enough on the table, and I'm not unfamiliar with it. The entire premise is just a bit too silly for me :p

Takuan

Besides Hobbylink Japan, is there a North American webstore or Japanese store that caters to North America that's known for having the greatest prices and selection of these sorts of things? I'm looking to buy a figure that wasn't released when I was in Japan, specifically, a Hana Tsukishima toy by Dive. I bought a couple of Crows toys and I'm pretty much obsessed with all of Takahashi Hiroshi's works now.

I'll post pics of the figures when I get a mo'. Brought back quite a bit of DBZ miniatures, Gundam models, all sorts of stuff. I definitely would've brought back more if I had space in my luggage. The vacuum-sealed packaging for the Crows toys were just ridiculously large, but I had to have 'em. :D

Takuan

My Japa-swag:

33b1nbq.jpg
wcjtbr.jpg
2q8c4dw.jpg
xfu3o1.jpg
x5zfqa.jpg
2cntkib.jpg
219p1tf.jpg
2bte85.jpg
2v184uf.jpg

I found out I paid way too much for the Gabranth figure, but oh well.

Sorry for the huge image sizes, too. Neither Tinypic nor Imageshack had an option to post thumbnailed links.

falcon522

Ive got about a dozen Mighty Muggs. This one is one of my faves...
5493_774627208761_6005988_44074844_3347959_n.jpg

Also got some very special vinyls at work :D
7334_807611552871_6005988_45467066_7672624_n.jpg
8432_808756104181_6005988_45498319_5680445_n.jpg

I also plan on getting this soon
Joker3.jpg

gokieks

Krelian29 said:
Saber Lily from Good Smile Company:

saber.jpg

Very nice. I got mine in about a month ago, but haven't taken it out of the box yet because I haven't found a good place to put it (probably need to buy another bookcase soon).

vareon

I just got the playarts Gabranth and will post better pics of it later. I have to say that it's my first figure and it's impressive :D

Woffls

I only have 2 figures, only just started collecting last month. They're trapped in an Ikea shelf at the moment, so there's not much light on them. Numbers 1518 and 1406 respectively. Both out of 2500 I think. They're from first4figures, solid pieces as well.
dsc05114p.jpg

My Nendoroid Raspberyl from Disgaea 3 and my You're Under Arrest Natsumi figures got lost in the post :( Waiting for a reship now. Sucks :(

Vox-Pop

Contains Sucralose
Does anyone know where I can find the revoltech Yotsuba figure for sale? Most of these online anime figure stores look shady.

LiK

i've finally join this thread! hello fellow figure collectors! :p

new pick-ups for Dec

random figs
mgs_figs.jpg

mgs_watchmen.jpg

MGS_kub_box.jpg

P4_fig.jpg

Hot Toys stuff, got Sheva and Wesker coming...
hottoys_joker.jpg

hottoys_joker_open.jpg

RE5_box.jpg

RE5_flap.jpg

medicom
RAH_GitS_box.jpg

RAH_GitS.jpg

LiK said:
i've finally join this thread! hello fellow figure collectors! :p

new pick-ups for Dec

Jesus fucking Christ man! You went on a bit of a spend there ;p

I only got Snake from Play for £10. It's all I can afford atm :(

I'm trying to get hold of an affordable clear Snake variant, but they have them on Ebay for silly prices. How much did yours cost?

bengraven

I have a ton of respect for the guys who come here, post a long list of photos and there's not a single under-age and/or scantily clad chick in the group.

bengraven said:
I have a ton of respect for the guys who come here, post a long list of photos and there's not a single under-age and/or scantily clad chick in the group.

Nothing wrong with scant clad chick figures as long as their womanly and well done and no one nuts over them ;p

bengraven

Dabookerman said:
Nothing wrong with scant clad chick figures as long as their womanly and well done and no one nuts over them ;p

I think Lolita was a work of art, but the under-age figure models (or models that look 12 but are "really 9800 year old beings") being purchased are sad.

bengraven said:
I think Lolita was a work of art, but the under-age figure models (or models that look 12 but are "really 9800 year old beings") being purchased are sad.

I totally agree, 100000%

But I'm talking about figures of well formed females. Not kids ;p

LiK

Dabookerman said:
Jesus fucking Christ man! You went on a bit of a spend there ;p

I only got Snake from Play for £10. It's all I can afford atm :(

I'm trying to get hold of an affordable clear Snake variant, but they have them on Ebay for silly prices. How much did yours cost?

got it straight from TRU, only $14.99 USD.

and yes, my wallet hurts. i need to cancel a few preorders before they break me. :lol

bengraven said:

oh don't worry, i might disappoint you sometime next year :p

LiK said:
got it straight from TRU, only $14.99 USD.

and yes, my wallet hurts. i need to cancel a few preorders before they break me. :lol

oh don't worry, i might disappoint you sometime next year :p

Get the fuck out of here. That's like £10. on Ebay it's like £30 :(

I really want it since they'll be harder to find in the future :(

Mohonky

Geek Gaf I need your help!!

So I got my Phazon Samus today :)
pa.136997.3.jpg

But for one reason or another I can't get the lights to turn on :( Put some batteries in, made sure the contacts are snug, nothing. I know it takes a while to fade off but I haven't once gotten it to even turn on.....figured someone else out there must have this figure and knows what I'm doing wrong?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom