• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

LurkerJZ3

Neo Member
Max Factory Yoko Real Image Ver.

PC290454.jpg

PC290457.jpg

PC290458.jpg

PC290455-1.jpg

The Take Out Bandit said:
Where is here?

They're a pain in the ass to find in most places. :p

If you're somewhere in the US you can order them online and save some hassle.

Here = NE Ohio.

Have plenty of places that carry them, but they are all horded by the local comic shops and scalpers.

atomsk

Party Pooper
i don't really care about the Strong World variants, so finally some new POP figs for 2010

010.jpg

30wrx5e.jpg

personally i only collect members of the Strawhat Crew, but these look awesome

atomsk said:
i don't really care about the Strong World variants, so finally some new POP figs for 2010

http://blog.hobbystock.jp/report/images/tp0286/010.jpg[IMG]
[IMG]http://i47.tinypic.com/30wrx5e.jpg[IMG]

personally i only collect members of the Strawhat Crew, but these look awesome[/QUOTE]

The SW variant of Zoro is awesome and it doesn't even look all that different from the normal outfit.

Tacitus_ said:
I think she's 14 or 16 :lol

It was written somewhere that she is 14.. but that was to appease the loli fan. They ain't buying it. With tits that big, and a face like Katy Perry's, and an ass that smooth. It's all good.

Dabookerman said:
It was written somewhere that she is 14.. but that was to appease the loli fan. They ain't buying it. With tits that big, and a face like Katy Perry's, and an ass that smooth. It's all good.

yoko is officially 14 years old?

painey

After the Christmas delay my figures finally arrived, these are the 4th set of FF Trading figures but surprisingly the worst..
4231175656_ab99b393ae_b.jpg

I also got these little Dragon Quest slime things while they were on sale.. I think the big bastard is a chaser, but I was kinda hoping for a little blue slime
4230408717_7dd870fa9c_b.jpg

They are good fun though.

Roude Leiw said:
yoko is officially 14 years old?

Dude, it's the same as me saying that Wolverine or someone is 10 years old.

"Yoko is a young woman from the village of Littner who has considerable combat experience even before her chance meeting with Kamina and Simon"
"Although Yoko is of the same age group as Simon, she is very mature for her age and she is the most rational member of the group."

You know, whatever.. I don't think her age was ever given, but even if she was "12", who the fuck cares. She's no loli.

jecclr2003 said:
Here = NE Ohio.

Have plenty of places that carry them, but they are all horded by the local comic shops and scalpers.

Oh hell, we're in the same shit. NE Ohio that is. :(

Your best bet then is Big Bad Toy Store, Impulse Creations, Mike's Comics and Stuff, or now Mattel sells full sets directly.

You just need to order from these sites early before they completely sell out of inventory, they don't seem to restock all that often.

The best local places I've found are Wal-Mart on Brookpark Road and Target out in North Olmsted.

Hope that helps some.

Additionally, holy shit at big titty One Piece chick. . . I'm afraid that's the only reason I appreciate that series. D:

BobLoblaw

Banned
atomsk said:

010.jpg

30wrx5e.jpg

personally i only collect members of the Strawhat Crew, but these look awesome
YES! I have all of the POP figures (except Smoker, Tashigi, and Bon Clay) and these will be mine. All I ask is that we please get a Captain Kidd and Captain Law at some point.

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
BobLoblaw said:
YES! I have all of the POP figures (except Smoker, Tashigi, and Bon Clay) and these will be mine. All I ask is that we please get a Captain Kidd and Captain Law at some point.

you have all or you have each character? multiples of some characters would be impressive :lol

wish I could afford all of them. Just can't justify the cost. Maybe one day I would have them all. I have Luffy and Brooke right now, both in their boxes cos I have nowhere to put them yet.

BobLoblaw

Banned
kaizoku said:
you have all or you have each character? multiples of some characters would be impressive :lol

wish I could afford all of them. Just can't justify the cost. Maybe one day I would have them all. I have Luffy and Brooke right now, both in their boxes cos I have nowhere to put them yet.
Each character. I have all of the Strawhats (minus the pre-POP models), Rob Lucci, Aokiji, Mihawk, Kuma, Shanks, and SW Luffy. I'll get each of the Strawhats SW variants and then I'm pretty much done with them forever. At that point it'll just be new character models.

LurkerJZ3 said:
Max Factory Yoko Real Image Ver.

http://img.photobucket.calbums/v296/Lurker_Jr/PC290454.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Lurker_Jr/P90457.jpg[/IMG
[IMG]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v296/Lurker_Jr/PC0458.jpg

PC290455-1.jpg

Where did you get this and how much was it? My girlfriend likes this kind of stuff and her birthday is coming up, but I have no idea where I'd buy this kind of thing.

Loxley

As long as I'm home for Christmas break, I guess I'll post the one figure I have around that isn't in storage:

It's squished in the photo and his head looks a lot bigger than it actually is for some reason, but its about 8" tall. It came with a Golden Age Superman Anniversary Collection I got a while back, and I love it :D

Aselith

Greatness Gone said:
What is wrong with you? Do gun-toting lolis' give you a hard on?

BTW, was I the only one who thought that the title for this thread said Greek Gaf - Super Models?

I don't think that means what you think it means.

GONz

Hi geek gaf, I really love the VF from Macross Frontier and would like to buy these kits: Ozma's Armored VF-25 and Brera's VF-27, but I'm not sure about their quality. Also, my experience with model kits like these is close to nihil... not that I have 2 left hands (sorry lefties), but I'm specifically talking about model kits. What do you guys say?

Finally got around to
somewhat
organizing my collection. Using only two shelves for the time being, but I plan on expanding my collection and the area I keep my things in as well. :D

21967_104523062906283_100000457682586_112128_5812242_n.jpg

21967_104523066239616_100000457682586_112129_5026705_n.jpg

21967_104523069572949_100000457682586_112130_1307470_n.jpg

21967_104523079572948_100000457682586_112133_5030836_n.jpg

Really the only thing I collect. And I didn't even really start until...mid 2009. I bought some little figure and everything else just took off from there. :lol

Snaku said:
HOLY SHIT! We're finally getting new Max Factory Guyver figures, and Imakarum is next!! :O

2ecelqg.jpg
2j4t3xj.jpg

More pics here: http://maxfactory.cms.drecom.jp/newproducts1003_01.html

Due out in March 2010, for around 11,800 yen.

Unf, so pricey but it's worth it to me.

I have a few figures (mostly Idolm@ster, sadly) and a couple of Zoids and Gundams that have been amateurishly assembled that are still sitting in boxes from when I moved. I want to get back into buying and building Gundams again, though, and maybe even start getting into painting them.

Guys, I need your help. I am CONSIDERING selling my Samus Aran Gravity Suit statue (limited to 250 pcs) and I have no idea what kind of price I can ask for it.
Can anyone please tip me?
I stole this pic from this thread, but this is the figure in question.
DSC00631.jpg

Magypsy23

Banned
Shin_Kojima said:
Guys, I need your help. I am CONSIDERING selling my Samus Aran Gravity Suit statue (limited to 250 pcs) and I have no idea what kind of price I can ask for it.
Can anyone please tip me?

Anything upwards of $500? I've seen it sell for $700 on ebay.

BobLoblaw

Banned
It's gonna be an expensive year for me. Gonna pic up all the Strong World P.O.P figures in addition to Tashigi, Smoker, Boa, Crocodile, Jimbei, and Whitebears. :D

31330328.jpg

40298006.jpg

11778308.jpg

71686626.jpg

Magypsy23 said:
Anything upwards of $500? I've seen it sell for $700 on ebay.

Woah! $700?!
Sentimentality aside, $700 is some serious coin for a hunk of PVC!
I personally think that anytime a figure reaches 200% its original purchase value, it is totally worth considering to sell.

BobLoblaw said:
It's gonna be an expensive year for me. Gonna pic up all the Strong World P.O.P figures in addition to Tashigi, Smoker, Boa, Crocodile, Jimbei, and Whitebears. :D

Woah, those are awesome! They're by the same artist who did One Piece, right? These designs look way hot.

Hey, it's Wonfest time now, isn't it? Post your awesome finds!

radiantdreamer said:
Woah! $700?!
Sentimentality aside, $700 is some serious coin for a hunk of PVC!
It's more than I expected (and that means I will sell), but it's not PVC. To be honest I don't know what to call the material in English. Resin maybe?
I think I ordered it for around the $100 mark. I already have the Varia Suit though and that one is simply better looking. Keeping them next to each other makes them both less special, I noticed.

I am looking for some advice - I want to start getting into the Gundam model building hobby - I've made a few HG kits and want to graduate to MG (Master Grade). How long do they take to build, and were they worth it? Any recommendation on which is the most fun/best looking to build?

S. L.

Major Williams said:
I am looking for some advice - I want to start getting into the Gundam model building hobby - I've made a few HG kits and want to graduate to MG (Master Grade). How long do they take to build, and were they worth it? Any recommendation on which is the most fun/best looking to build?
they are very easy to build and take a day or two. (if you are just snapping them - causal modeling :p)

just go for your favorite mech, there aren't any bad MG kits per se. thou the newer ones have a lot more jizz like internal frames and stuff.
the Zaku 2.0, Zeta Gundam, Gundam Mk-II 2.0 are very nice for example.
Or for the upcoming Gundam Unicorn the Sinanju or Gundam Unicorn are awesome, but they have a shitload of parts.
you can check out a few of my kits on my blog if you feel like it
http://sl-blag.blogspot.com/

S. L. said:
they are very easy to build and take a day or two. (if you are just snapping them - causal modeling :p)

just go for your favorite mech, there aren't any bad MG kits per se. thou the newer ones have a lot more jizz like internal frames and stuff.
the Zaku 2.0, Zeta Gundam, Gundam Mk-II 2.0 are very nice for example.
Or for the upcoming Gundam Unicorn the Sinanju or Gundam Unicorn are awesome, but they have a shitload of parts.
you can check out a few of my kits on my blog if you feel like it
http://sl-blag.blogspot.com/
Awesome... thanks. I'd probably take my time, and get a month out of the building process by painting. A question I have for you - do you airbrush your figures to shadow them?

If you do, I don't necessarily want to use air cans, can I use a cheap air compressor and attach my friend's airbrush to the nozzle? Or does it have to be a model-grade compressor (Which just sounds dumb imo)

S. L.

Major Williams said:
Awesome... thanks. I'd probably take my time, and get a month out of the building process by painting. A question I have for you - do you airbrush your figures to shadow them?

If you do, I don't necessarily want to use air cans, can I use a cheap air compressor and attach my friend's airbrush to the nozzle? Or does it have to be a model-grade compressor (Which just sounds dumb imo)
Not 100% sure i understand your question correctly. I paint my figures with Airbrush and
no i don't do any post/pre shading (adding painted shadows) with airbrush. it looks just fake to me (i know it's a matter of taste and a lot of people like it)

as for the compressor, you can use any compressor if you can regulate the pressure or add an regulator thingy to do so - and buy an adapter to connect the airbrush. you need to be able to regulate the pressure within the 10-30psi region.

S. L. said:
Not 100% sure i understand your question correctly. I paint my figures with Airbrush and
no i don't do any post/pre shading (adding painted shadows) with airbrush. it looks just fake to me (i know it's a matter of taste and a lot of people like it)

as for the compressor, you can use any compressor if you can regulate the pressure or add an regulator thingy to do so - and buy an adapter to connect the airbrush. you need to be able to regulate the pressure within the 10-30psi region.
I'm considering either of these two - which do you recommend I start with? Of course noow that you mention the Unicorn OVA, I'm incredibly interested in the higher articulation (probably buy it later).

1. Unicorn Ver.Ka

2. SEED Sword Impulse

Which one?

S. L.

Major Williams said:
I'm considering either of these two - which do you recommend I start with? Of course noow that you mention the Unicorn OVA, I'm incredibly interested in the higher articulation (probably buy it later).

1. Unicorn Ver.Ka

2. SEED Sword Impulse

Which one?
Universal Century fo life yo! :D - Unicorn Gundam!
there is a slightly revised version of the Unicorn Gundam coming out soon thou.
a good place to check out what the MG kits have to offer is http://www.dalong.net/ (click on the MG button at the top)

S. L. said:
Universal Century fo life yo! :D - Unicorn Gundam!
there is a slightly revised version of the Unicorn Gundam coming out soon thou.
a good place to check out what the MG kits have to offer is http://www.dalong.net/ (click on the MG button at the top)
I think I'm going to go with the Unicorn version. The more I read about it, the more I like it. The fact that you can customize quite a bit of it is also appealing too. Have you built it? If so what did you think of it?

Other question, have you or anyone else seen a good tutorial on airbrush shading models?

S. L.

Major Williams said:
I think I'm going to go with the Unicorn version. The more I read about it, the more I like it. The fact that you can customize quite a bit of it is also appealing too. Have you built it? If so what did you think of it?

Other question, have you or anyone else seen a good tutorial on airbrush shading models?
the max technique is relatively popular in the gunpla realm
http://saint.waterscape.cc/tag/shading/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom