• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
malingenie said:
I gave a girl a wonder woman action figure on our sorta-first date. I don't think it went over that well.

lol. Well, look on the bright side. At least you know early that she doesn't appreciate your hobby.

Honestly, any woman that doesn't like wonder woman is weird anyway. :p

My latest acquisition:
13.jpg

More pix on my blog! http://radiantdreamer.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/taiga-olympics-valentines-cny-oh-my/

Major Williams said:
Did an MG Exia kit before diving into the Unicorn. It's been fun so far - still have to do

1. Airbrushing shadow
2. decals
3. Matt Top coat

1-4535-93987-l-oKXbScQ787Yo1Z5N12CbJg.jpg

Nicely done. I can't paint models for shit, so it limits what I can spend my money on. :(

GT500

Neo Member
radiantdreamer said:
lol. Well, look on the bright side. At least you know early that she doesn't appreciate your hobby.

Honestly, any woman that doesn't like wonder woman is weird anyway. :p

My latest acquisition:
crown.jpg

More pix on my blog! http://radiantdreamer.wordpress.com/2010/02/12/taiga-olympics-valentines-cny-oh-my/
Nice Taiga figure <3. I couldn't tell who the hell she is at first, but thanks to this wallpaper in my pics folder.

You should have bought Ami figures, dude.

I got my Yui Hirasawa Figma today =3 Yay!
Overall, the figure looks good especially the guitar, but her facial expressions are terrible >_>

GT500 said:
Nice Taiga figure <3. I couldn't tell who the hell she is at first, but thanks to this wallpaper in my pics folder.

You should have bought Ami figures, dude.

Overall, the figure looks good especially the guitar, but her facial expressions are terrible >_>

Pretty happy with the Taiga figure. Did a nice photoshop of it after the shoot too. Nice wallpaper! saved!

Ami figures?

Isn't Yui's facial expression always like that though?

Alucrid

Banned
I'll ask in this thread, does anyone know when the Tales of Vesperia One Coin figures are going to be released? C'mon, pull through for me figure GAF.

brassica said:
I received THIS the other day :D

Aw damn! I'm still waiting for mine! Where did you get yours?!

Funny how I thought that I posted just now because of the Konata avatar. :p

Alucrid said:
I'll ask in this thread, does anyone know when the Tales of Vesperia One Coin figures are going to be released? C'mon, pull through for me figure GAF.

Wha?? Those were JUST featured at Wonfest 2010! You expect to know a release date already?

GT500

Neo Member
radiantdreamer said:
Pretty happy with the Taiga figure. Did a nice photoshop of it after the shoot too. Nice wallpaper! saved!

Ami figures?

Isn't Yui's facial expression always like that though?
Ami is one of the best looking characters in Toradora!, IMO. However, after looking closely at this pic, this figure doesn't really look that good especially the face. Taiga's crown figure is way better and it is the best Toradora! figure. Your pic is really awesome indeed. Anyway, here are a few (six in the middle of the page to be specific, open in a new tab) very neat & high resolution wallpapers if you are interested.

Yui's facial expressions are always like that, but I feel like there something wrong with her face in that figure. The chibi version is way better LOL!

GT500 said:
Ami is one of the best looking characters in Toradora!, IMO. However, after looking closely at this pic, this figure doesn't really look that good especially the face. Taiga's crown figure is way better and it is the best Toradora! figure. Your pic is really awesome indeed. Anyway, here are a few (six in the middle of the page to be specific, open in a new tab) very neat & high resolution wallpapers if you are interested.

Yui's facial expressions are always like that, but I feel like there something wrong with her face in that figure. The chibi version is way better LOL!

Yeah, that Ami figure doesn't look so hot... looks like the other Toradora characters got shafted... it's a shame that only two Taiga figures actually look good too. The others don't look so hot.

Thanks for the link! I didn't even know there was a Toradora PSP game!

Once I get the K-On! band complete... :D Ritsu is on the way! :3c

Shig

Strap on your hooker ...
tumblr_ky2qe3dokg1qzp9weo1_400.jpg

OH MY GOD Mario Bros. style Mario, Luigi, and Sidestepper vinyl!

a2f65b0f.jpg

615f150c.jpg

OH MY GOD Ghouls & Ghosts vinyl! I especially like the headstone with the pixelated 'text'.

Unfortunately, unlicensed Wonder Festival exclusives + Gargamel = Fuckin' expensive out the ass, if they can even be found. Am cry :(

brassica

radiantdreamer said:

Wha?? Those were JUST featured at Wonfest 2010! You expect to know a release date already?

I preordered it from otacute.com.
I also received another one a few days ago :)

Now I need to find some time to open the 30 boxes and install all the Nendoroid in my two Detolfs ...
This is gonna take a while :D

brassica said:
I preordered it from otacute.com.
I also received another one a few days ago :)

Now I need to find some time to open the 30 boxes and install all the Nendoroid in my two Detolfs ...
This is gonna take a while :D

Oh dang! My Ritsu isn't here yet! HLJ takes WAY too long... did you preorder her from otacute as well?

I might consider switching over to otacute if their one-stop shop is better and faster. It seems their prices are a tad bit more expensive than any other place though, and they also don't let you cancel preorders, which other places do.

brassica

I ordered this one from Otacute too.
I usually order from 3 websites, Otacute, nihonju and Amiami.
I choose SAL Registered shipping, it is faster than standard SAL ( one week to ship here in France ), and cheaper than EMS.
I avoid HLJ : SAL takes a month to ship, and their boxes with their logo often attract customs and their taxes :D

Oooh, absolute win. I love Shunya's work. He's such a great artist.

Yamato and Creator's Labo are getting better at their craft, though still not quite to the caliber of GSC or Alter. It's still damn nice. :D

This black version is a variant color, right? It looks sweet compared to the pink one. :D

BobLoblaw

Banned
atomsk said:
more pics of Croc

[/IMG]http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/goods_img/HBY-ICF-00001261.0.jpg[/IMG]
[/IMG]http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/goods_img/HBY-ICF-00001261.6.jpg[/IMG]
[/IMG]http://www.hobbystock.jp/item/view/goods_img/HBY-ICF-00001261.7.jpg[/IMG]

staying resolute in my goal to only collect the Strawhats
Admirable goal, but not really. :lol I just started collecting them last september and I'm close to tracking down my last one (finding Bellemere was hard). After that I'll be caught up. Oh, and I'll of course be collecting every POP release this year as well. I'll have close to 40 by year's end. :D

Takuan

atomsk said:
more pics of Croc

HBY-ICF-00001261.0.jpg

HBY-ICF-00001261.6.jpg

HBY-ICF-00001261.7.jpg

staying resolute in my goal to only collect the Strawhats
I don't follow One Piece, but I love some of thee character designs. This thing is awesome. I saw a Smoker figure in Tokyo a few months back from the P.O.P. series that was something like $350 converted. Very well done. Dig the expression on Croc here, and that jacket is fuckin' fantastic.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
Why do all the male figures stand with their backs arched, groin sticking forward? Its kind of akward looking and not terribly sexy/cool looking.

Anyway, nice figs guys. I may post the one or two I've gotten over the years.

BobLoblaw

Banned
Takuan said:
I don't follow One Piece, but I love some of thee character designs. This thing is awesome. I saw a Smoker figure in Tokyo a few months back from the P.O.P. series that was something like $350 converted. Very well done. Dig the expression on Croc here, and that jacket is fuckin' fantastic.
Start NAO! There's pretty much no other work of fiction that's better. And they're re-releasing Smoker thank god. He's been selling for $300+ for the last two to three years.

Staccat0

Fail out bailed
BobLoblaw said:
Start NAO! There's pretty much no other work of fiction that's better. And they're re-releasing Smoker thank god. He's been selling for $300+ for the last two to three years.
Maybe I need to read it, too.

Alucrid

Banned
radiantdreamer said:

Is that unusual? :lol Sorry I'm not really experienced in this stuff. Will it take a year or so?

kaizoku

I'm not as deluded as I make myself out to be
you guys with One Piece POP collections are seriously my heroes. Those things are badass and the POP series is just so damn awesome. I might one day attempt to collect the strawhats at least.

I have Luffy and thats the most important one for me so I have to be content with that for now.

anotheriori said:
I'm a sucker for frills/tony
kilani1268278974.jpg

oh man same! Already preordered this one!

Alucrid said:
Is that unusual? :lol Sorry I'm not really experienced in this stuff. Will it take a year or so?

Nah, probably 3 to 6 months for a release date set in stone, and preorders open. Usually another 3 months after that, they are released.

Zaptruder

Banned
radiantdreamer said:
Aw fuck yeah!
http://www.1999.co.jp/itbig11/10112870a.jpg[/img]

Nice! If I still bought figures, that would certainly merit consideration.

I have no room left to display the stuff...

Manus

So how do I go about buying some stuff from Moeyo.com? Do I need a plugin for my browser to translate the text to English?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom