• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Blastoise came this morning. Gotta say I love him. Limited mobility, but still a rad figure. Articulation on all of his claws.
Can he do this pose? Because it's all I wanna do.

009blastoise_rg.png

PS. You don't have to put large images in quotes anymore. They'll be automatically resized and you can click em to toggle full size.

Kincaido

Got 99 problems and only one of them is a waifu
Don't worry, you can likely knock a good 1,000-2,000 yen off of that if the stores offer a pretty good discount.

I still think the 7,500-9,000 yen range is where she'll sit, but we won't know for sure until the sites list her.

They seem to be taking their time. :(

Hopefully there's a good discount. The pre orders need to show up! I can't rest easy until I secure one.

chrono01

I have to ask, though. Where do you find the links to the product pages before they're actually on the main page?
I just kept refreshing this page:

http://slist.amiami.com/top/search/list2?s_cate2=459&s_preorderitem=1&pagemax=30

It's a good thing I wasn't refreshing the Max Factory listings, considering she's listed incorrectly as Good Smile Company. This link lists new items under the "Bishoujo" category, so you can use this for any other in-demand figures that fall under that heading.

Ordered, hot damn thank you for the link chrono01, it's after 5am and need to get to sleep now....
You're very welcome.

Enjoy your rest!

I missed the naming suggestion page so I'll just throw my own in there:

Figure GAF |OT| No sir, I didn't see you playing with your dolls again!

chrono01

Ordered my waifu (I am using phrase both ironically and literally)
Sorry, she's mine.

I have the Save File [and documents] to prove it!

I didn't realize this was another Shining Wizard sculpt. After Hacker, I'm half-inclined to just buy anything the dude does from now on.
Yeah, he's definitely among my top three sculptors. He always does an amazing job.

Wooo, thanks! Got my order in.
Another satisfied pre-order customer! \(^_^)/

johnsmith

remember me
I didn't realize this was another Shining Wizard sculpt. After Hacker, I'm half-inclined to just buy anything the dude does from now on.

You mean you weren't already convinced by Catherine, Samurai, Muramasa, and Samus?

Someone should be brave and make a thread just for her in gaming.

chrono01

http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/10232679

9257yen on Hobby Search...Ouch. I think I'm going to get more off Amiami from now on. They are always more expensive...

Edit : Heh, they also list her as Good Smile.
Not always, sometimes they're more competitive. This is definitely one of those times where the difference is pretty massive. Unless you already have orders for December from HS [that you can combine shipping with], or are banned from AmiAmi, AmiAmi is clearly the better choice!

Also, from what I read, Good Smile Company is handling the distribution/marketing for Tharja, whereas Max Factory is handling the planning/manufacture. This is a great thing, since MF is much better at releasing a quality end-product than GSC [they've had a few issues as of late, but I still like GSC as a company]. MF simply have higher standards of QC, so the painting/shading on Tharja should be near identical to the advertising images we see now.

I'm excited! I'm almost tempted to order another, but I'm attempting to restrain myself...

Kincaido

I want a second one too, but I can't risk it with Lab Coat Kurisu the month before and Christmas.

If only I was rich ;_;

chrono01

I ordered tharja.
I hope they make enough...
If you pre-ordered, you'll receive her. AmiAmi/HS are great with their pre-orders, although some have had issues with over-selling at HLJ [although it's never happened to me personally].

Do not worry!

I want a second one too, but I can't risk it with Lab Coat Kurisu the month before and Christmas.

If only I was rich ;_;
Yeah, I'm grabbing Makise Kurisu - Lab Coat Ver. as well [I missed out on the original so this is a definite buy for me]. I also have a few other figures scheduled for December.

I might just make a second pre-order at HLJ when they're made available and use that as a possible purchase in case I decide to go the "Two Tharja" route [you can easily cancel there, not-so much with AmiAmi].

Kincaido

Yeah, I'm grabbing Makise Kurisu - Lab Coat Ver. as well [I missed out on the original so this is a definite buy for me]. I also have a few other figures scheduled for December.

I might just make a second pre-order at HLJ when they're made available and use that as a possible purchase in case I decide to go the "Two Tharja" route [you can easily cancel there, not-so much with AmiAmi].

Yeah, I didn't get the original Kurisu so I must have the Lab Coat version as well. I might do that with HLJ too. Forgot that you could cancel with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom