• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

geek gaf - figure models

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xzior

Got Play Arts Sam Gideon today and my first impression after opening the box is
that I should've saved my money
. This is probably my first and last time buying a Play Arts-product, and on top of it all the package got stuck with a nice customs fee... oh well.

SUPARSTARX

Got Play Arts Sam Gideon today and my first impression after opening the box is
that I should've saved my money
. This is probably my first and last time buying a Play Arts-product, and on top of it all the package got stuck with a nice customs fee... oh well.
Sorry to hear that. I don't have a good play arts experience either lol.

LosDaddie

Banned
533363_10150779082554145_19004299144_9634242_1453218544_n.jpg

damn

where can i pre-order that thing?

zoku88

I just started airbrushing my model. First time ever airbrushing anything :D

Unfortunately, I was holding the airbrush too close to the model, so I don't think this coat will end up even :(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
What's happened at Play-Asia recently? They have the Bishoujo Tekken Alisa figure in stock, but it's $89.99 and their shipping fees have all skyrocketed!

StayDead

So got some new shelves today, I had all my figures out of my room while I put them up. Took a few days for me to actually get it done, so my room was like this for a day or so, felt so empty.

t9HVcl.jpg

Back to this: (an hour ago)

7189534630_fdb59f67b2_z.jpg

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
My guess:

Too tame to fap to if you're into hentai.

DemiMatt

Wow that price is amazing. I bought my Midnight last year for 350 and I got my STARS 2 years ago for 155. May jump on that to get a second.

In the meantime I bought Zartan (exclusive) and rebought Firefly again (I should have never sold him). Anyways I love these 2 Joes, I took a bogo amount of pics will post more after I clean em up. Anyways here's a taste of things to come.

533172_10151683591130508_747120507_24333867_2138011358_n.jpg

SUPARSTARX

I think I will make a small bid to pick up my own collection for Hall of Iron Man armors.

Got a Mark II unleashed for $185 shipped off eBay. Eyeing some Mark V's ending this upcoming week. Should not go over MSRP but stay a bit under.

Mark I on flexpay with Sideshow.

Bring on the Mark VII, baby. I'm ready for Avengers.

I think I'll skp on Mark III and VI. Mark IV should have normalized prices when Gantry combo releases. I figure a lot of Asians are going to part it out to sell as well.

From my brand new Hot Toys Mark II AU.

KxqQM.jpg

:/

I can't even tell exactly what it is. It's completely smooth with the rest of the paint, not bumpy at all. Just some weird ass anomaly.

Anyone know if Sideshow can replace Hot Toys parts without a fuss? I'd really prefer not to send the entire thing back.

From Hot Toys' Facebook page.

544354_10150809482187344_58690437343_9706361_772539027_n.jpg

I'm ready for it.

I just received my Mark V today and it's lovely. Now I just gotta grab a Mark IV and my armory will be complete until the Mark I in August.

KOT10842.jpg

icecubetrays.jpg

Well I know its not a perverted plastic model of an anime character, but I got these Alien Chopsticks and ice cube trays just now in the mail. ^_^

I think I'll make little jellos for my next dinner party.

I've seen those before the idea of Alien head ice cubes always struck me as weird.

I mean, their heads are based on penises, you're basically sucking on a penis ice cube.

Got in my Hot Toys 1989 Joker. Gorgeous figure but really whats with the incredibly weak ankles? Really hard to do any poses without it falling and it's definitely not doing any of of those one foot standing poses like in the preview pics. Pretty much have to use the display stand with it to keep it up right in any pose other than both feet spread in one specific pose

LuCkymoON

Banned
My Sideshow Collectibles Darkchilde Comiquette came in today.
It's way bigger than I thought it was going to be. >_<

darkchilde.jpg

sorry about the ugly pic, I left my DSLR at home :S

johnsmith

remember me
Where can I buy the Alisa Bosconovitch figure right now? Play-asia is out of stock.

Play-asia is a terrible place to buy figures. They are way overpriced. Just wait for the US release next month. It should be available on Amazon for less than $60 with free prime shipping.

Pachimari

Play-asia is a terrible place to buy figures. They are way overpriced. Just wait for the US release next month. It should be available on Amazon.

I know that and I already pre-ordered it from an American shop (coming out in July), but now my question was, were can I import it from Japan?

G-Fex

So got some new shelves today, I had all my figures out of my room while I put them up. Took a few days for me to actually get it done, so my room was like this for a day or so, felt so empty.

t9HVcl.jpg

Back to this: (an hour ago)

7189534630_fdb59f67b2_z.jpg

Wish I had a room like this.

hirokazu

Come on guys, let's focus on the figure models. That's what I lurk in here from time to time for, not to say bad stuff about somebody's room. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom