• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 4.0 (Fontaine) - Je m'appelle "la baleine"

jonnyXx

Unless Sige does something new, exciting, I'm probably skipping.

Does she do enough heals, hydro application to replace kokomi?
From what I can tell her only appeal is that she has team wide healing on skill, like Baizhu but sustained over time rather than a burst of healing.

Her hydro application is one of the worst in the game, definitely cannot replace Kokomi in that sense.

Unless Sige does something new, exciting, I'm probably skipping.

Does she do enough heals, hydro application to replace kokomi?
Better healing, worse hydro app. Her supportive capabilities are also much more limited compared to Kokomi. Kokomi can make great use of Thrilling Tales. Sigewinne lacks that.

She's one of the worst characters in the game unfortunately. Gets much better at C1 and C2, but who's stupid enough to invest that much?

Also, she doesn't provide BoL for other teammates. Her passive asks to play her with other BoL characters, but she has no synergy with Arle or Clorinde.

Pejo

8udv2U8.jpg

They're really building up Xblanquecheque as the big thing for Natlan. Will he be the first dark skinned character with a good kit, or will he be strong in lore but weak/bad kit like the rest?

Two five stars in 5.0, I'd imagine we'll start seeing drip marketing in a few weeks from HoYo official channels.

I'd love to see them reveal a few of the designs before Emilie banner, so I can decide if I'm gonna save or roll for her.

*edit*

Interesting stuff on the 4.8 general flow/story.
A new limited map with wind passage-way mechanics.
It's overall island themed
4.8 Event preview (SUS)
The player can ride Natlan dragon NPCs, but it's not known for sure that if dragon-riding will be a playable feature in Natlan. Scaramouche gains the companionship of Durin, and Durin can turn into a small critter to attach to him, if you have Scara's invitation, other characters can also ride Durin, such as Nahida and the Player.

Hexenzirkel special abilities: Predict the Future, Change the Future, Observe Samsara/ Reincarnation Cycles.

There's also some talk of playable Alice making the rounds.

Last edited:
They're really building up Xblanquecheque as the big thing for Natlan. Will he be the first dark skinned character with a good kit, or will he be strong in lore but weak/bad kit like the rest?
Watch them give him light skin. But yeah, he will likely be the OP DPS for the region.

Finally some good luck. Within 17 wishes I got Qiqi (C5) and Sigewinne. That's probably about what she's worth, and my hoard of primos is safe.

In other news:
X7sTqBV.jpeg

I'm hoping for Iansan to be a Catalyst brawler like Heizou and Wrio. Even better if she ends up a 5-star.

Pejo

Finally some good luck. Within 17 wishes I got Qiqi (C5) and Sigewinne. That's probably about what she's worth, and my hoard of primos is safe.
Congrats! Of all the times to get early pity, this was probably the most fortuitous. Even better since you lost the 50/50.
In other news:
X7sTqBV.jpeg

I'm hoping for Iansan to be a Catalyst brawler like Heizou and Wrio. Even better if she ends up a 5-star.
3PgIVaW.jpg

So maybe if Iansan is Hydro, that's her?

So maybe if Iansan is Hydro, that's her?
I always assumed she's Geo, because her preview art has her crushing rocks and she has that color scheme.

Iansan_Portrait.png

So she'd probably be the spear user? Possibly the freebie 4-star for Natlan. To be fair, weapon types don't really matter anymore, so the dream of her punching people isn't fully dead. But I saw some people being critical of that leak, so I'm gonna cope that they'll make her a 5-star yet.

Pejo

Holy shit Sigewinne is fucking AWFUL to play. Even just using her skill has an uncomfortably long charge time, feels like Charlotte all over again. What the fuck were they thinking with this kit???

The only saving grace is that the skill doesn't go into cooldown if you get hit out of it without the bubble launching. And her Burst is like 3 seconds long.

Just truly awful, my goodness.

Holy shit Sigewinne is fucking AWFUL to play. Even just using her skill has an uncomfortably long charge time, feels like Charlotte all over again. What the fuck were they thinking with this kit???

The only saving grace is that the skill doesn't go into cooldown if you get hit out of it without the bubble launching. And her Burst is like 3 seconds long.

Just truly awful, my goodness.
You're not wrong. The hold version does like 5% extra healing and damage. Unless you want to trap enemies for half a second or just enjoy the animation, there's absolutely no reason to use the hold version. As is, she does tons of healing with very little field time, but that's all she offers. The burst can deal okay-ish damage with Furina's buff, but even then it feels woefully short and applies little Hydro. Even as a 4-star she'd be somewhat bad.

I don't get what they gain from gimping characters like this. Won't it just piss people off? I'd love to know what feedback they got in the beta and why the company responded like they did.

Pejo

"flat chest" 😄
Important detail I guess.
I guess that means the teen model? I don't think we've had a flattie adult model yet. Navia's probably the flattest, or at least that bodice keeps 'em tucked away.

Official birthday art of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder
bbpojqu2bu8d1.jpg

*edit*

If we hadn't just gotten Cloud Retainer last year, I'd have disregarded this one as bullshit, but well..
Y2CwzVM.jpg

Last edited:

jonnyXx

I guess that means the teen model? I don't think we've had a flattie adult model yet. Navia's probably the flattest, or at least that bodice keeps 'em tucked away.

Official birthday art of Her Excellency, the Almighty Narukami Ogosho, God of Thunder
bbpojqu2bu8d1.jpg

*edit*

If we hadn't just gotten Cloud Retainer last year, I'd have disregarded this one as bullshit, but well..
Y2CwzVM.jpg
Huh, lantern rite leaks already.
If she has a crit dmg weapon then she must be at least a sub dps. Or maybe she's another plunge carry hence why her weapon suits Xiao 😜.

Pejo

Huh, lantern rite leaks already.
If she has a crit dmg weapon then she must be at least a sub dps. Or maybe she's another plunge carry hence why her weapon suits Xiao 😜.
I think it's absolutely hilarious how stuck Reddit is on Xiao. He fucking sucks, his gameplay style sucks, he gets out-Xiao'd by a modestly invested Cloud Retainer and gets schooled by Diluc or even Gaming otherwise. He's had like 2 dedicated supports already and still nothing makes him good. Wish every new character/weapon that comes out that in some way related to Xiao would not automatically be called "a Xiao ______". They need to let it go.

jonnyXx

I think it's absolutely hilarious how stuck Reddit is on Xiao. He fucking sucks, his gameplay style sucks, he gets out-Xiao'd by a modestly invested Cloud Retainer and gets schooled by Diluc or even Gaming otherwise. He's had like 2 dedicated supports already and still nothing makes him good. Wish every new character/weapon that comes out that in some way related to Xiao would not automatically be called "a Xiao ______". They need to let it go.
I think it's probably that they like the character, not his gameplay or power. He's a cool character, has a pretty good design, and a really great character demo. I'll admit I was tempted during his las rerun, though mostly because I have all the pieces for his best team (except C6 Faruzan) and because of this awesome mod.

65d46c0c3c633.jpg

Pejo

I think it's probably that they like the character, not his gameplay or power. He's a cool character, has a pretty good design, and a really great character demo. I'll admit I was tempted during his las rerun, though mostly because I have all the pieces for his best team (except C6 Faruzan) and because of this awesome mod.

65d46c0c3c633.jpg
To each their own. I personally don't care for him since his reveal/release, but he sure is popular so they must have done something right. Probably a lot of people like that 'puppy dog' trope where a character exists just to feel sorry for them and have them do whatever you ask/need.

Yae official birthday art:
wf08ztwif19d1.jpg

SSfox

bbpojqu2bu8d1.jpg

*edit*

Y2CwzVM.jpg

Xiao already has an op team with Furina, Xianyun, Faruzan C6. Wonder what Ping can provide more 🤔

Xiao already has an op team with Furina, Xianyun, Faruzan C6. Wonder what Ping can provide more 🤔
Sounds like it's just about the new weapon, not Ping herself. Xiao mains apparently have some kind of inferiority complex because his signature is a standard 5- star. Fitting, really.

No other character is treated this way. No one's begging for new Ganyu or Yoimiya teams.

Pejo

Xiao mains apparently have some kind of inferiority complex because his signature is a standard 5- star. Fitting, really.
This gave me a good laugh lol.

Apparently western Twitter is mad at that Yae birthday art I posted because supposedly they made her "look too cute and young" and it supposedly ruins her characterization.

These people are why western game female designs are basically men.

This gave me a good laugh lol.

Apparently western Twitter is mad at that Yae birthday art I posted because supposedly they made her "look too cute and young" and it supposedly ruins her characterization.

These people are why western game female designs are basically men.
They just released a trash character, but a slightly sheepish looking birthday art is what ruffles their feathers? They got their priorities straight.

Pejo

15 more min for me. Give me your opinion of her and then I'll see if I want to pull for her.
Super strong (duh) but i'll be honest, she kinda flips and warps around too much. Feels like I'm playing a cutscene generator instead of a character. I've only been fighting easy stuff trying out her moves, but I prefer the more deliberate characters where you can actually get a feel for what they're doing. The wind dragon guy was a bit 'braindead' in that regard, and I feel kinda the same way about Jinhsi.

Nankatsu

Seems like main quest for 1.1 WuWa is actually pretty good, judging from what I've come across reddit.

Haven't done any pulls, and for the time being won't pull. Need to try her out first.

WuWa stuff:

Got Calcharo dupe in first 10 pulls (previous 10 pulls got me Yinlin) and then got Jinshi in the next 40 pulls. Got her weapon in the first 10 pulls. Now the grind to level them both. Overall my luck with WuWa has been good so far.

Super strong (duh) but i'll be honest, she kinda flips and warps around too much. Feels like I'm playing a cutscene generator instead of a character. I've only been fighting easy stuff trying out her moves, but I prefer the more deliberate characters where you can actually get a feel for what they're doing. The wind dragon guy was a bit 'braindead' in that regard, and I feel kinda the same way about Jinhsi.

You weren't exaggerating. With Jinshi in combat majority of the time I have no idea what is going on. I keep pressing buttons then a polite dragon comes and I keep pressing buttons then an angry dragon comes and then the enemies aren't there.

New WuWa patch just dropped. I managed to get Jinhsi in only 30 pulls.
My gf went for her and she lost the 50/50 at full pity, then took another 70 to get her lol. She literally has the worst luck.

In Genshin I didn’t even know the new event was going on, did them all in like 10 mins ahahahaahaha
Was debating going for Furina because she’s so good, but I will likely just throw everything I have at the Navia banner.

Last edited:

Pejo

Kinda sounds like a worse or at least less fun version of Neuvi. I could still use a Hydro DPS though so I'm not complaining.
Yea that's what I was gathering from it too. Reddit is complaining how we only have 3 4* Hydro and everything else is mostly premium. The Xingqiu tax I guess. Design and fun factor will make/break if I pull for her or not.
You weren't exaggerating. With Jinshi in combat majority of the time I have no idea what is going on. I keep pressing buttons then a polite dragon comes and I keep pressing buttons then an angry dragon comes and then the enemies aren't there.
It actually makes it tougher to dodge properly because you have no fucking idea where her hitbox is most of the time. It's a nightmare for timing unless you're just depending on the iframes from her mini cutscene attacks. PGR started to do this too a few patches ago, I was hoping we had at least a year in WuWa before they started doing it here too.
My gf went for her and she lost the 50/50 at full pity, then took another 70 to get her lol. She literally has the worst luck.

In Genshin I didn’t even know the new event was going on, did them all in like 10 mins ahahahaahaha
Was debating going for Furina because she’s so good, but I will likely just throw everything I have at the Navia banner.
Navia is a huge upgrade for Geo usability if you're not into the usual Geo gang™. Lots of fun, very straightforward to play. Her and Arle are are the big winners from Fontaine as far as I'm concerned.

I was pissing around with Sige's demo some more, and noticed if you just aim at the floor with the charged shot pose (where it shoots the slow heart bubbles), it will make a field of little bubbles and hearts and stuff. There's no combat effect/use for it, but it's cute. I actually really appreciate when they add flavor stuff like that and Arles various animation follow through poses/actions. I feel like they didn't do much of that in a while, so it's nice to see little things make it through the PRODUCT MACHINE.
Dc538Nh.jpeg

Pejo

Finally triple crowned my Arle, almost forgot to do the weekly bosses this week. I was able to kill the whale this time before it did the succ move, using mostly a garbage team. I still can't believe the level of power creep she introduced.

SSfox

You're on EU server right? I'm not sure who else is. I remember Fuz was. InterMusketeer InterMusketeer might be on EU.

So apparently a full frame of some concept art leaked for the pyro archon. Meh...
JhVZjLD.jpg

Wait you telling me people can only add other from same server? Didn't know that lol

Luro Archon looks kinda meh, it's just Furina in red, better be fake.

Pejo

Wait you telling me people can only add other from same server? Didn't know that lol
Yea sadly.
Luro Archon looks kinda meh, it's just Furina in red, better be fake.
Wholeheartedly agree. They leaked (supposedly) Xblanquecheque and at least he has a tribal aesthetic. I'd be really disappointed if Natlan ended up as just Spanish themed shit. To me he looks more like a Peter Pan lost boy than a jungle warrior but it's better than nothing.

RMzSaFJ.jpg

I'd rather have a bad theme executed well (Pyro Archon) than a good theme executed badly. Xbalanque looks like an NPC from Sumeru with some face tats. If you ask me, that's gotta be one of the worst designs in the game.

To me, Xbalanque looks something like this:

5ea922c8c60c6ce11b82805faa261edaf8d8e93e_00.jpg

d5yykbg-5fd12faf-4482-4400-825d-850b9940d897.jpg

But that's way too cool for Genshin of course.

Pejo

zLaM6eY.jpeg

WuWa did respectably for Yinlin banner. The damning thing for them is that most of the revenue was Global and not CN, which usually carries these games hard. Global will almost certainly drop off like a rock, and without 20+ mil from CN market they could be in for a rough month in July.

Firefly didn't have the kind of big numbers I was expecting, though you can say that the entire month's revenue was basically her because Boothill was the lowest grossing banner in Star Rail history. So 90+ million with no top-up bonus resets and pretty much on her own, nothing to laugh at.

Genshin did remarkably well considering a dead patch and Sigewinne being dogwater bad. Chlorinde and Furina must be carrying it.

jonnyXx

I had exactly enough characters to complete Imaginarium Theatre hard mode. Had to use trial Arlecchino and Wanderer and they suck, especially since you can't build proper teams for them.
It should be pretty easy for you all with a lot of built characters.

This mode is just a combat event using mostly scuffed teams.
The arenas are look great though, wish Abyss would get a makeover.

I had exactly enough characters to complete Imaginarium Theatre hard mode. Had to use trial Arlecchino and Wanderer and they suck, especially since you can't build proper teams for them.
It should be pretty easy for you all with a lot of built characters.

This mode is just a combat event using mostly scuffed teams.
The arenas are look great though, wish Abyss would get a makeover.
Just tried it myself. The biggest win for this mode is that it has its own story, its own characters and theme. In between rounds, you can find your chosen characters around the room, and they have unique dialogue and such. That stuff is well done. I wish Abyss got a reskin like this.

The mode itself though, I'm just not into. This time you could only use Electro, Pyro and Anemo characters and it just leads to scuffed teams like you said. It's not hard, there's no real strategy to it, it's just randomness that you hope goes in your favor. It's the complete opposite of Abyss where you get to plan and adapt to what's happening. And in a game like this which focuses on team-building and gear, this type of mode just doesn't work IMO. At least, not as a serious endgame mode.

I don't have my (EU) UID right now but if someone wants it, I guess I could share later.

deanote666

Tried that imagination theater and it's already dead to me.

Got to round 4. Feels like my characters are made of cardboard next to the enemies and the monolith health is down 50% by the time I defeat 1 enemy.

Don't even know how to claim the rewards for the previous rounds.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

Tried that imagination theater and it's already dead to me.

Got to round 4. Feels like my characters are made of cardboard next to the enemies and the monolith health is down 50% by the time I defeat 1 enemy.

Don't even know how to claim the rewards for the previous rounds.
I think you need to finish the whole thing even if you don't get stars before you can claim rewards.
The treasure chest where you claim rewards didn't open for me until I finished the whole thing.

deanote666

I think you need to finish the whole thing even if you don't get stars before you can claim rewards.
The treasure chest where you claim rewards didn't open for me until I finished the whole thing.
Guess I'm getting nothing from it then. Not getting past Act 4 and not redoing Act 1-3 to redo my Act 4 setup.

Edit: found the chest. Let me collect the rewards I earned.

Last edited:

Pejo

So I thought I'd give Imaginarium a try before writing it off like the Abyss and I actually ended up liking it a lot somehow. Cleared the whole thing on my first "dry run" on Hard and only missed 2 "flowers" for the whole run. Still got all of the rewards, so I take it that it's not that demanding and I actually don't know what the flowers are for.

I didn't understand the mechanics at first and wasted one of Arle's stamina points on the very first node like a moron. Didn't bring any friend trial characters but a mode like this was basically made for someone like me that builds out a LOT of characters to "pretty ok" status instead of focusing on 1-2 meta teams. IMO the hardest part was the dual vishaps due to that fucking revive mechanic, I ended up having to use Arle's 2nd stamina on that stage to clear it in time for the rewards. Also, one of the random battle stages I got with a bunch of shielded hilichurls and the big samurai I lost a flower on, due to kill times being slow for the teams I had available at the time. The rest was a breeze. They don't let you restart the final boss node if you don't get all of the objectives though, which kinda sucked. Good to know for next time. I kept picking the 'wonders' option and the recruit, but they always wanted to give me Anemo characters instead of Pyro/Electro which I needed. One node I beat with Yae/Jean/Kaz/Sayu with full rewards, out of lack of options.

I liked having the recently used team hang out in the room for extra dialogue, the poses are just a little flourish, nothing to get excited or mad about. I only got 3 medals so I picked Shogun/Jean/Noelle. I'm assuming they will continually rotate in and out, so I'm not worried about missing them. Wonder if you can get more medals if you re-run the mode or if it's only 3 per reset? I liked the little "cast" scroll when you beat it, like at the end of a movie. My "took most damage" was Yoimiya. What a tank. My own personal votes for MVP in there were Arle (obviously, and I put her up for rent if you're on Americas server), Cloud Retainer, Sucrose, Raiden, Yae, and surprisingly Dehya was really solid. I have an extremely over-invested Dehya though (for defensive purposes) so she made face tanking a lot of the smaller enemies not a big deal.

I think there's lots of room for improvement but I will actually play this mode unlike Abyss, there's some strategy and randomness involved. It'd be nice if they added a shop or a node before the final boss to restore 1 stamina to a character of your choosing. I think that would alleviate a lot of the RNG so you can reliably clear it. Pretty cool that they give the "main cast" buffs that work both inside and outside of the imaginarium (permanent 10% ATK/DEF/HP buff for the 30 days duration of the cycle).

Anyways, for someone that hates most gacha endgame content, this was a welcome surprise.
8qTytHk.jpeg

jonnyXx jonnyXx are you on Americas server?

*edit*

I found out that the challenge stars (the things I called flowers) are just for bragging rights. You don't even need to worry about them to get all the rewards, it's just for showing off in your profile. So that makes this mode even easier.

Last edited:

jonnyXx

So I thought I'd give Imaginarium a try before writing it off like the Abyss and I actually ended up liking it a lot somehow. Cleared the whole thing on my first "dry run" on Hard and only missed 2 "flowers" for the whole run. Still got all of the rewards, so I take it that it's not that demanding and I actually don't know what the flowers are for.

I didn't understand the mechanics at first and wasted one of Arle's stamina points on the very first node like a moron. Didn't bring any friend trial characters but a mode like this was basically made for someone like me that builds out a LOT of characters to "pretty ok" status instead of focusing on 1-2 meta teams. IMO the hardest part was the dual vishaps due to that fucking revive mechanic, I ended up having to use Arle's 2nd stamina on that stage to clear it in time for the rewards. Also, one of the random battle stages I got with a bunch of shielded hilichurls and the big samurai I lost a flower on, due to kill times being slow for the teams I had available at the time. The rest was a breeze. They don't let you restart the final boss node if you don't get all of the objectives though, which kinda sucked. Good to know for next time. I kept picking the 'wonders' option and the recruit, but they always wanted to give me Anemo characters instead of Pyro/Electro which I needed. One node I beat with Yae/Jean/Kaz/Sayu with full rewards, out of lack of options.

I liked having the recently used team hang out in the room for extra dialogue, the poses are just a little flourish, nothing to get excited or mad about. I only got 3 medals so I picked Shogun/Jean/Noelle. I'm assuming they will continually rotate in and out, so I'm not worried about missing them. Wonder if you can get more medals if you re-run the mode or if it's only 3 per reset? I liked the little "cast" scroll when you beat it, like at the end of a movie. My "took most damage" was Yoimiya. What a tank. My own personal votes for MVP in there were Arle (obviously, and I put her up for rent if you're on Americas server), Cloud Retainer, Sucrose, Raiden, Yae, and surprisingly Dehya was really solid. I have an extremely over-invested Dehya though (for defensive purposes) so she made face tanking a lot of the smaller enemies not a big deal.

I think there's lots of room for improvement but I will actually play this mode unlike Abyss, there's some strategy and randomness involved. It'd be nice if they added a shop or a node before the final boss to restore 1 stamina to a character of your choosing. I think that would alleviate a lot of the RNG so you can reliably clear it. Pretty cool that they give the "main cast" buffs that work both inside and outside of the imaginarium (permanent 10% ATK/DEF/HP buff for the 30 days duration of the cycle).

Anyways, for someone that hates most gacha endgame content, this was a welcome surprise.
I think that early leak about the theatre saying that some will hate it and some will love it was actually spot on. I wouldn't say that I hate it but the RNG nature of it is not something I'm into.
I just don't enjoy using a random arrangement of characters that at times don't work together at all. At one point I was stuck with Arle and Gaming on the team and Gaming was just a dead slot.
But that is probably just due to me not having enough characters built, most of my pyro characters are on field dps and only have 4 well built electro characters and 3 anemo characters.

The wider your selection of characters the better off you are in this mode, it's like the opposite of abyss which rewards vertical investment over horizontal investment.
Think I'll be focusing on leveling characters for a while, I'm tired of getting screwed by artifact domains anyway.

jonnyXx jonnyXx are you on Americas server?
Yup I'm on America server.

Top Bottom