• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

IIRC you were saying the same things about Kazuha at his release.

Agree on the others... you got Itto or just tried him in the trail/character quest?
Just been playing him on trial. It seems like you want to build his stacks with auto attacks and the bull until you have the whole oni face behind you, then bust out your Burst and hold CA, right? Or am I doing something wrong.

*edit*

Haha, MHY literally adding junk chests to the game.

c61fsjb53a681.jpg

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
Just been playing him on trial. It seems like you want to build his stacks with auto attacks and the bull until you have the whole oni face behind you, then bust out your Burst and hold CA, right? Or am I doing something wrong.
Pretty much correct.
But trials are never indicative of characters. Let's take Ayaka for example, I had a completely different experience between the trial and the recent dungeon. But also Itto himself, actually. He wasn't fun in the trial - completely different experience when I pulled him.
I think he might be one of the most consistent field DPS, he just keeps shredding with very low downtime on his numbers, but his "problem" is that he's very specialized, and if you want to minmax he doesn't fit many comps. Also, and this is actually the biggest problem, geo suck ass at breaking shields.
People at r/IttoMains are over the moon*, anyway.

*also weird.
2p85demlfb681.jpg

EDIT:
Vape Itto:

Cryo Itto:

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
Pretty much correct.
But trials are never indicative of characters. Let's take Ayaka for example, I had a completely different experience between the trial and the recent dungeon. But also Itto himself, actually. He wasn't fun in the trial - completely different experience when I pulled him.
I think he might be one of the most consistent field DPS, he just keeps shredding with very low downtime on his numbers, but his "problem" is that he's very specialized, and if you want to minmax he doesn't fit many comps. Also, and this is actually the biggest problem, geo suck ass at breaking shields.
People at r/IttoMains are over the moon*, anyway.

*also weird.
2p85demlfb681.jpg

EDIT:
Vape Itto:

Cryo Itto:

That's laughable numbers

BlackM1st

Banned
Current "event" is the definition of a time waster lmao. 0 challenge with 0 initiative to stay longer than 5 minutes.

Feels more like an extra daily mission for 60 gems rather than a genuine event MiHo put any efforts in.

Fake

Gold Member
Just a way to promove chars while christmas is near. Bunch of kids with their parents credit cards and loads of chars for them to test drive.

Just a way to promove chars while christmas is near. Bunch of kids with their parents credit cards and loads of chars for them to test drive.
What's the point if those characters aren't even available? I don't know what we get to play today and in the future, but Shogun and Akaya's reruns will take a while.

Fake

Gold Member
What's the point if those characters aren't even available? I don't know what we get to play today and in the future, but Shogun and Akaya's reruns will take a while.

Kids don't usually know those mechanics. They just spend wishes. Most of the kids don't even know about reruns, banners, etc... and I think MiHo know this very well.

When I started to play this game I never know Dilluc could be get by regular banner. In fact, was my first Gancha game to begin with.

Now, imagine a kid that don't know anything about gancha/banners at all, started to play today, holding their parents credit card. Very tempting.

Saber

Looks to me they took advantage of the popularity of the event to find yet another way to promove characters a player might not have.

Felt so weird to have only Kaede as an anemo user. I have Kaede, he is one of my mains. But I find bad intentioned to just throw him in the challenge as the only character to make swirl reactions.
Btw, its not a challenge anymore. I dunno about you guys, but I feel like they are listening to the wrong people.

Kids don't usually know those mechanics. They just spend wishes. Most of the kids don't even know about reruns, banners, etc... and I think MiHo know this very well.
Maybe? Even kids watch video on youtube and look up info online. Discussion about missing out on characters and waiting for reruns is prevalent. I doubt that many players are unaware of these mechanics. Especially since you have to be AR20 or up to even participate in this event.

I actually think it's a missed opportunity that MHY won't do anything for the holiday season. I think they could make a pretty penny if they did.

For sure. But for some reason they went with Chinese new year and ONLY Chinese new year. I don't get it at all.
I'm sure China makes up a huge chunk of their income, but not to the point where they should just neglect the rest of the world and their holidays.

But well, MHY gonna MHY. They love doing nonsensical things.

Fake

Gold Member
Maybe? Even kids watch video on youtube and look up info online. Discussion about missing out on characters and waiting for reruns is prevalent. I doubt that many players are unaware of these mechanics. Especially since you have to be AR20 or up to even participate in this event.

I actually think it's a missed opportunity that MHY won't do anything for the holiday season. I think they could make a pretty penny if they did.

I not saying every kid, but majority.

Fake

Gold Member
Is someone here have recent added me as a friend in the game?

I don't reconize the person who invinted me.

BlackM1st

Banned
Looks like we'll be getting some Sumeru leaks soon.

qbmcvxu8xm681.png
At first glance I thought that it was some kind of arena / coliseum and was excited for a moment...

Blood sport based society would be a fun concept for a nation , I mean WE DO have a Gladiator's set already in game and who said that at least one nation can't be inspired by ancient Sparta...

War Fight GIF by Narcissistic Abuse Rehab

Then I saw just a plain old town's square with a basic houses 🏘 around it and remembered that we are way too PC for any of that. Bah.

At first glance I thought that it was some kind of arena / coliseum and was excited for a moment...
The colosseum's ruins are found to the east in Mondstadt. I guess that's where the endless Gladiator's artifacts come from.

Only 5 nets per week is bullshit.
I read somewhere that is costs 10.000 mora to capture an animal. Which means you'd need millions of mora to capture all animals...

I also saw some messages about nerfs to Ayaka and Shogun with their charged attacks or something. Not sure if that's true.

Saber

I was trying to get the scarlet pigeon. Missed my chance. Fucking target system...I wish they made this first person.

Pejo

I haven't had Mora troubles since I whaled for Eula and her sword and spent the stardust on Mora in the paimon shop.

That said, leveling talents is eating though my nest egg pretty damn fast. I started out with about 8.5 mil, and I'm already down to 2.2 mil just after maxing out Childe/JohnLee/Eula's talents.

Pejo

God damn teapot load is really starting to piss me off. I was going to make a whole area with just bodies of water and crystalflies. Each fucking fly is 100 load. A little ass thing that just flutters about. They are killing any incentive to decorate these damn teapots.

BlackM1st

Banned
God damn teapot load is really starting to piss me off. I was going to make a whole area with just bodies of water and crystalflies. Each fucking fly is 100 load. A little ass thing that just flutters about. They are killing any incentive to decorate these damn teapots.
Yeah, exactly. Why bother if my counter shows 23 items but game says that it's on its limit already lmao

Damn pigeons can't be that taxing! xD

It's definitely about MiHo being cheap with servers load...

Saber

In a year iirc. But c'mon man, just get your free blue wishes from her and let her rot. 💙

SxYA7fh.png

Me too. Tried to put a bunch of eels in my teapot only for them to complain I don't have enought space.
Whos the fuck brain behind this anyway? Do they think people have already free space waiting for the stuff to come? Does those guys even collect information about this?

Last edited:

Pejo

Yeah, exactly. Why bother if my counter shows 23 items but game says that it's on its limit already lmao

Damn pigeons can't be that taxing! xD

It's definitely about MiHo being cheap with servers load...
Like I could even understand something with a ton of animations like blade pup, but a fly that literally has one animation should not be 100 load.

Me too. Tried to put a bunch of eels in my teapot only for them to complain I don't have enought space.
Whos the fuck brain behind this anyway? Do they think people have already free space waiting for the stuff to come? Does those guys even collect information about this?
Yea why even give us the ability to catch these animals if we can have 1 fountain, a house, 2 chairs and a dog before it's full.

Top Bottom