• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

crumbs

I'm just happy we can get a Yunjin. I wouldn't have expected them to include a new character.
So this is like last year where we get to choose a Liyue 4 star? Hmm, I could go a couple of ways:

Xingqiu (C2) - Probably the safest choice, in terms of my usage.
Ningguang (C2) - Don't use her a lot, but I'm still looking to develop her more.
Chongyun (C5) - Don't use him much these days. I know the once he hits C6 I'll end up with tons of Chongyun copies on future banner pulls (i.e. see my C9 Bennett or C8 Noelle :messenger_neutral: )
Beidou - Don't currently have her, I wasn't playing during the event that featured her as a reward. Not sure I'm really missing anything.
Yunjin - Obviously a new character, not real sure about her kit. Is it confirmed that she will be an option during the event? Or just heavily rumored?

Xiangling (C1), Xinyan (C2), Yanfei - Have them, but don't really care to build them at all.

Probably go with Xingqiu or Ningguang to get either to C3.

Pejo

Yunjin - Obviously a new character, not real sure about her kit. Is it confirmed that she will be an option during the event? Or just heavily rumored?
Heavily rumored for now, but we'll see on Sunday I guess for the 2.4 special presentation.

I wouldn't rule out Beidou if she's an option, she has the strongest elemental burst in the game, % wise. It's just spread out over time instead of all at once like most of them though. She's a personal MVP of mine, plus I really like counterattack mechanics and she's the only one that does it so far. Timing a perfect counter is so damn satisfying.

Fake

Gold Member
I'm just happy we can get a Yunjin. I wouldn't have expected them to include a new character.

I saw her, not huge fan of her kit, but I need to agree with you about them giving a new char.

Last lantern I got Chongus, but this time I'll get Xingu.

Pejo

So I tried doing my dailies and leylines today with my phone just to practice for this weekend when I won't have access to my gaming PC or PS5....

Fuck I don't know how people play like that. I was using even a mostly invincible team (Zhongli/Shogun/Yoimiya/Sayu) but all it took was that XP leyline in NE Mondstadt with the ice/water enemies to fuck me up. I don't mean I was dying or anything, but frozen every 2 seconds. For as bad as it is to mash jump on controller, it's 1000x worse on touchscreen. It took me like 7 minutes to finish that one leyline.

Do any of you guys play primarily on mobile? I can't imagine enjoying the game like that.

Fake

Gold Member
Do any of you guys play primarily on mobile? I can't imagine enjoying the game like that.

No. I play only on my base PS4.

The true is, Android API is totally shit. People need to overcome this using brute force, aka, getting a high specs phone.
IOS is not far behind.
As much Nintendo Switch is weak as fuck, their API is far more better than Android inself.

crumbs

So I tried doing my dailies and leylines today with my phone just to practice for this weekend when I won't have access to my gaming PC or PS5....

Fuck I don't know how people play like that. I was using even a mostly invincible team (Zhongli/Shogun/Yoimiya/Sayu) but all it took was that XP leyline in NE Mondstadt with the ice/water enemies to fuck me up. I don't mean I was dying or anything, but frozen every 2 seconds. For as bad as it is to mash jump on controller, it's 1000x worse on touchscreen. It took me like 7 minutes to finish that one leyline.

Agreed, I don't know how people play GI on touch screens either (I only play on PC). Props to them for completing any of the tricky challenges on a phone.

It's a shame that the Android version still doesn't officially support controllers. I saw those Razer phone controller things were on sale during Black Friday and thought would be good for GI, but then I was brought back to reality.

I'm guessing the team that's working on Android controller support is also working on the Switch port as well....:messenger_pensive:

Last edited:

Pejo

No. I play only on my base PS4.

The true is, Android API is totally shit. People need to overcome this using brute force, aka, getting a high specs phone.
IOS is not far behind.
As much Nintendo Switch is weak as fuck, their API is far more better than Android inself.
It's not even the performance, it's playing an action combat game that depends on 3d motion with a virtual joystick and buttons. It's not nearly as bad in other 3D Action games that I play, but Genshin is just atrocious trying to control. I can play Honkai and Action Taimanin just fine on my phone, at least for daily tasks and stuff.
Agreed, I don't know how people play GI on touch screens either (I only play on PC). Props to them for completing any of the tricky challenges on a phone.

It's a shame that the Android version still doesn't officially support controllers. I saw those Razer phone controller things were on sale during Black Friday and thought would be good for GI, but then I was brought back to reality.

I'm guessing the team that's working on Android controller support is also working on the Switch port as well....:messenger_pensive:
Yea it's fucked that iOS has controller support but not Android. I don't get what they're thinking. Is there some kind of vulnerability on Android with controller support or something? If I could just bring a dualshock with me, it'd be perfectly playable on my phone.

Fake

Gold Member
It's not even the performance, it's playing an action combat game that depends on 3d motion with a virtual joystick and buttons. It's not nearly as bad in other 3D Action games that I play, but Genshin is just atrocious trying to control. I can play Honkai and Action Taimanin just fine on my phone, at least for daily tasks and stuff.

Was GI mobile support for Dualshock 4?
My brothers and cousin all have Dualshock 4. Is a very popular joystick.

I offen use to play old games on my notebook.

Pejo

Now try PS remote play. I dare you. I fucking dare you xD I once completed the weekly BP like that.
Does VITA still work with PS5 remote play? That honestly might be my best option if it works. Hmm...

Was GI mobile support for Dualshock 4?
My brothers and cousin all have Dualshock 4. Is a very popular joystick.

I offen use to play old games on my notebook.
I think it works on iOS, but Android has no controller support at all yet. I played with a DS4 on PC until they made the Dualsense compatible a patch or two ago. It plays great with a Sony controller, IMO. They even have the correct button prompts.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
I think it works on iOS, but Android has no controller support at all yet. I played with a DS4 on PC until they made the Dualsense compatible a patch or two ago. It plays great with a Sony controller, IMO. They even have the correct button prompts.

After Dualsense the DS4 become pretty cheap in comparison.

I think of actually trying the Xbox Controler, but for some reason he is more expensive than Dualsense here in Brazil.

Anw, I saw some mobile users on reddit, they really play at the ultra low settings. The game get super weird.

Saber

Wait, you still can't play it with a controller?

BlackM1st

Banned
Does VITA still work with PS5 remote play? That honestly might be my best option if it works. Hmm...
Never tried btw. Maybe I'll try once(probably not).

But nah, you'll never know the true suffering until you'll play GI via remote 0lay on normal phone. Can't move AND aim, can't use Klee's charged ATK (remote play 100% crushes), can't keep the connection more than 15 minutes , can't connect via mobile network (only now it should be fixed lmao, all those years later...), can't use touch screen for menu, so need to fiddle with virtual buttons for the most basic functionality...

Yeah, I fucking dare you to play GI via Remote Play lmao

Saber

Not on Android.

Cheesuz man, must be a cruciate pain.
I already have a pain typing on Gaf using my phone(like right now), I can't imagine playing like this shit.

My phone can't handle Genshin, but I can use it to play emulators and my DS4 totally works on my phone.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
It plays great with a Sony controller, IMO. They even have the correct button prompts.
I use Nacon via wired connection on PC

animation.gif

and Fold 3 for mobile. Never again I'll try remote play for GI xD

BlackM1st

Banned
Chessuz man, must be a cruciate pain.
I already have a pain typing on Gaf using my phone(like right now), I can't imagine playing like this shit.

My phone can't handle Genshin, but I can use it to play emulators and my DS4 totally works on my phone.

01_SAMSUNG_GALAXY_Z_FOLD_CA.gif

BlackM1st

Banned
I'll ignore the Bennett here and just say "damn, that's impressive"

Yeah, she's strong as F. Definitely shows dat ex 5☆ potential. I need to build her properly too

Unfortunately it feels like the damn talent books for seemingly all heroes spawn at the same fucking days.

I have no idea why it happens, but sometimes I have nothing to farm despite having like 5 heroes and 10 weapons that require upgrades. All upgrade mats spawn together...

Fake

Gold Member
I remember playing with her on beta. Don't like so much, but those days I quite like her style.
And the f2p new book from Klee make her really good.

SSfox

So I ended pulling on the weapon banner since Itto is so fun to play, probably my favorite DPS with Beidou, also i want to keep WB for Noëlle.

I was pity 33, did 30 pulls and Red horn dropped, super happy, now saving everything for Z rerun , can't wait. (should be in 2nd half of 2.4 based recent leaks, but we'll see)

BlackM1st

Banned
So I ended pulling on the weapon banner since Itto is so fun to play, probably my favorite DPS with Beidou, also i want to keep WB for Noëlle.

I was pity 33, did 30 pulls and Red horn dropped, super happy, now saving everything for Z rerun , can't wait. (should be in 2nd half of 2.4 based recent leaks, but we'll see)
Lucky you.

SSfox

Lucky you.

Yeah I got really lucky recently. When I started the game it was rough tbh I got my first 5* after 153 pulls and most of the time I didn't get the 4* i wanted, there were time where I was discouraged and didn't play the game for weeks lol, but recently it's been good lol, but i'm afraid I spent all my luck and next 5* after Zhongli will cost me 160 pulls 😂

Just to say to anyone never give up, the game may troll you and sh1t on you for a while but one day the result of not giving up will be worth it. Just accept whatever come, that's (one of) the rule of this game.

BlackM1st

Banned

Yeah I got really lucky recently. When I started the game it was rough tbh I got my first 5* after 153 pulls and most of the time I didn't get the 4* i wanted, there were time where I was discouraged and didn't play the game for weeks lol, but recently it's been good lol, but i'm afraid I spent all my luck and next 5* after Zhongli will cost me 160 pulls 😂

Just to say to anyone never give up, the game may troll you and sh1t on you for a while but one day the result of not giving up will be worth it. Just accept whatever come, that's (one of) the rule of this game.
jim carrey GIF

BlackM1st

Banned
Speaking of remote play, mobile play or any other harder than usual content: Geo Lord is a must.

spent all my luck and next 5* after Zhongli will cost me 160 pulls
If there's 1 hero in game that is unconditionally worth of the double pity pull - it's him. Without him playing on mobile would be an utterly horrible experience. Plus, he negates 99.9% of annoying content in the artifacts/mats dungeons.

BlackM1st

Banned
Here on neogaf. Gold and one resin.

I remember posting here. Sometimes giveaway are Genshin Impact related. Just click on the giveaway button and check daily.
Nice. Never knew that it would relate to my interests, but ok, now I'll be checking 'em out.

Pejo

Ehhhh. It's ok. It's basically her usual outfit but blue with some puffy bits. I expected way more if I'm being honest. They are really shitting the bed with these costumes so far in my opinion. At least this one is better than Jean.

The safety shorts really kill the appeal, though I get why they're necessary in Genshin. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point to not ever expect truly great costumes for the characters.

BlackM1st

Banned
The safety shorts really kill the appeal, though I get why they're necessary in Genshin. I think it's pretty safe to say at this point to not ever expect truly great costumes for the characters.
Yep, nothing great about new skins. EULA and Amber still the best.

BlackM1st

Banned
Another day, another embarrassing Hu Tao performance from a random coop partner...

Guy tried 3 times to kill the damn ice tree. With Homa. No dice.

Even after he dropped his Bennett (big brain Hu Tao strikes again 🧠) and I helped him with my Mona...

I swear, some people are so gullible, they pull for hard to master heroes and then struggle with them for no reason.

Why bother if my Klee consistently destroyed that tree 3 times in a row on his Hu Tao's behalf?

When people would learn to look beyond hype videos on YouTube ? Dumb bastards pull for BIG NUMBERS and then struggle with the most basic enemies because those BIG NUMBERS heroes are too hard for them to master...

Pejo

Well, at least the concept for Ning's dress has been found and I admit it ties in pretty well thematically.

FHTMpTwVkAYvbUf
FHTMpT0VQAcMNlZ

Bonus points because that's actually one of her ascension mats.

Still, I think I figured out my hold up with the dress. It looks like a dress designed by woman for a woman. Like a dress a real life woman would wear to a party. Again, it kinda fits Ning in the frame of the role of her character, but boy if it isn't disappointing all the same. I hold very little hope that Keq's is going to be good, since even if they fit it to her character, she's got the personality of a piece of cardboard that works hard.

Meanwhile, we got Azur Lane just releasing a bunch of new skins (.pngs), another CN developed gacha game. I realize it's not apples to apples but still. Even if they're just 2D and drawings, they're still more visually interesting. Like take the one dead center of the image below (the maid with horns). It's not more revealing than the Ning costume, but it's more striking visually and doesn't look at all like the character's main outfit. I'm not even saying that the Ning one needs more skin or anything, but it is just honestly kinda boring (in my opinion). Nothing wrong if you personally like it.

b36l5xx8bw681.jpg

Top Bottom