• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

6opu39ernt681.png

Joke, misdirection, or hint? Hmm.

BlackM1st

Banned
I guess it ended up being photoshopped and fake. It just showed one of the protags from Honkai talking about auditioning for a part for "Queen of Schneznaya".
I wonder if even the MiHo themselves have any idea about the Ice Lord design/abilities. Snow region is years away I think, should be the last one before we will "ascend" to the flying city.

Pejo

I wonder if even the MiHo themselves have any idea about the Ice Lord design/abilities. Snow region is years away I think, should be the last one before we will "ascend" to the flying city.
I'm guessing that they have all of the archons' concept art/basic design already done. It probably goes through several revisions though as time goes on. Remember the first Baal leaks where she looked like an NPC?

Fuz

Banned
He's on a freaking patch wallpaper man.

Genshin-Impact-1.jpg

Why else he would be there? And by that logic, why Geo Lord isn't on it?
Hey, I agree with the reasoning. It's a leak, and it's from the guy who predicted double banners.

nq26mz4ixv681.png

Pejo

New Bow user to eclipse Cocogoat sounds great. New Bow support sounds...like I don't wanna hear about it ever again.
I would love a Pyro bow healer. Or even just a bow with the same/similar effect of Prototype Amber catalyst. That or a Pyro catalyst healer are my biggest want in the game.

Any other element though, yea I'm done with bows for a while.

crumbs

Trying to finish the "Orobashi"s Legacy" World Quest (this is where you need to reposition electro mirrors to disable the water domes, eventually stopping the storms on Yashiori Island) and it's been a pretty buggy experience. First off, the game instructs you to use elemental sight to find the objects required to repair the wards, but it keeps directing me to the locations of stones and pearls that I already picked up. This was confusing.

In addition, the final puzzle that unlocks the water dome for a fight with a Maguu Kenki is bugged, which I discovered after messing around with it for 20 minutes thinking I was doing something wrong with the puzzle. Hasn't this quest been in the game since 2.0? You'd think they would have fixed some of these issues by now. For as many hours as I've put into GI, I haven't encountered too many bugs, so these issues stood out to me.

You get a blueprint for a craftable spear at the end, looks like it scales on EM. Who does it work for?

Pejo

Trying to finish the "Orobashi"s Legacy" World Quest (this is where you need to reposition electro mirrors to disable the water domes, eventually stopping the storms on Yashiori Island) and it's been a pretty buggy experience. First off, the game instructs you to use elemental sight to find the objects required to repair the wards, but it keeps directing me to the locations of stones and pearls that I already picked up. This was confusing.

In addition, the final puzzle that unlocks the water dome for a fight with a Maguu Kenki is bugged, which I discovered after messing around with it for 20 minutes thinking I was doing something wrong with the puzzle. Hasn't this quest been in the game since 2.0? You'd think they would have fixed some of these issues by now. For as many hours as I've put into GI, I haven't encountered too many bugs, so these issues stood out to me.

You get a blueprint for a craftable spear at the end, looks like it scales on EM. Who does it work for?
It's been a while since I did that quest, but I don't remember any bugs with it. It stinks that you encountered some. It's entirely possible that future updates accidentally broke something.

The craftable spear is for looks only. It's not great for any current character that's out there. Make sure you open fishing and get the spear to r5 from there, though. It's a really strong free option for quite a few characters.

AYkC3gP.png

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member

You'll lose some energy to generate even more. Just becareful because even not in battle can be active.

I not particulary recommend this spear. You can mistake your elemental burst preditiction. Imagine you're ready to use elemental burst, but you get hit by electro attack.

I guess is good for people who don't use elemental burst offen?

crumbs

Why would you wanna do that?! Free wet status on enemies! I wish it was always raining everywhere xD

I did think about that, but there was a domain on the island that requires you to stop the rain so you can light some torches. Unfortunately, the domain turned out to be a one-off with almost no enemies and limited rewards :messenger_neutral:

It's been a while since I did that quest, but I don't remember any bugs with it. It stinks that you encountered some. It's entirely possible that future updates accidentally broke something.

The craftable spear is for looks only. It's not great for any current character that's out there. Make sure you open fishing and get the spear to r5 from there, though. It's a really strong free option for quite a few characters.

Yes, I've unlocked the fishing feature, but I haven't done much with it yet. When I get caught up on more of the Inazuma content, it'll start to work the fishing game more.

You'll lose some energy to generate even more. Just becareful because even not in battle can be active.

I not particulary recommend this spear. You can mistake your elemental burst preditiction. Imagine you're ready to use elemental burst, but you get hit by electro attack.

I guess is good for people who don't use elemental burst offen?

I kinda figured it was meh, but wasn't sure if I was missing something. Thanks

Pejo

We already know everything they'll show. Even some QoL changes like the Quick Access Wheel customization.

If you want to feel the atmosphere of the stream and spiritually be a part of it then sure, here it goes, enjoy:

Well I'm at least curious to see what the two new outfits look like. That first spoiler cracked me the fuck up because that's basically the same haircut that the Aether VA has on top of it.

BlackM1st

Banned
Well I'm at least curious to see what the two new outfits look like. That first spoiler cracked me the fuck up because that's basically the same haircut that the Aether VA has on top of it.
It's pig squealing time, baby!

Yeah, I totally forgot about the outfits. Fortunately this time I do have some paid gems to buy the premium one. Unfortunately I'm not sure it's gonna be worthy of 'em...

af2e0f17b515a150370bcdff2a6599627548db1cr1-1639-2048v2_hq.jpg

I want her to use her purse 👛 as a stiletto. That's a skin I can see myself spending actual money on xD

Pejo

It's pig squealing time, baby!

Yeah, I totally forgot about the outfits. Fortunately this time I do have some paid gems to buy the premium one. Unfortunately I'm not sure it's gonna be worthy of 'em...

I want her to use her purse 👛 as a stiletto. That's a skin I can see myself spending actual money on xD
The really old leaks said that Keq's skin is more like a fluffy party dress, similar to this:

xwcxk5wo8kt71.jpg

Ning's is the bigger question, it's supposedly a blue gown and "sexier than her default" whatever that means to the guy that leaked the info.

Last edited:

crumbs

Since I skipped out on this game for awhile, this Misty Dungeon event gave me extended playtime with some of the characters I missed:

Shogun - I think I understand her gameplay: Use her skill to buff other characters' bursts, then use her burst for electro damage & to act as a battery. I would be likely to pull on her rerun.
Ayaka - Quick and simple to play, her dash isn't quite as annoying as Mona, but still not my favorite. Seems like an easy character to build teams around. Also likely to pull for in the future.
Sara - Not sure I fully understand her kit, even after trying her in multiple teams. Is she just for buffing the Shogun? Shame as I like her design.
Yoimiya - Really disliked playing as her. Bow AA is not fun, feels like it designed for mobile players? Also annoying VA, hard pass in the future.
Sayu - Interesting gameplay and movement mechanics. Thanks to this new corrosion mechanic, I'm starting to appreciate characters that can heal off-field characters. That said, I not sure I would go out of my way to build her. She made me wish that I had Jean instead.
Thoma - Seems like he's hindered by long CDs. Feels like other characters can do what he does better? Just didn't leave much of impression.

It pains me to admit this, but these Misty Dungeon events have made me appreciate Diona. I haven't really built her out for use in the actual game, but I can see the utility of her providing shields and healing ability in one character slot. I ended up using her a lot in this event.

Saber

Diona was one of characters at start I was "Diona? Wtf, who gives a fuck about Diona?"

Nowadays, shes pretty much part of my team. Shield and burst spammer, thanks to energy recharge and burst at max level. Pretty much an excellent support for main characters.

Didn't find Thoma that bad actually. Just kinda boring. Maybe if you build sacrificial he might work, no?

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Sayu - Interesting gameplay and movement mechanics. Thanks to this new corrosion mechanic, I'm starting to appreciate characters that can heal off-field characters. That said, I not sure I would go out of my way to build her. She made me wish that I had Jean instead.

Anemo chars usually are the most imaginate gameplay of the game.

crumbs

Anemo chars usually are the most imaginate gameplay of the game.
I only have Sucrose & Kazuha for anemo, but Kazuha is a favorite. I had initially planned to skip his banner, but I really liked his trial and how his kit worked. Haven't regretted using a lot of wishes on his banner.

Jean has always been the character that eluded me. Losing pity for me has resulted in Diluc C2, Keqing C2, and Mona. Not complaining, but I hope to get Jean eventually.

BlackM1st

Banned
Didn't find Thoma that bad actually. Just kinda boring. Maybe if you build sacrificial he might work, no?
He's trash not worthy of your time or resources. Don't bother.

Misty Dungeon events have made me appreciate Diona. I haven't really built her out for use in the actual game, but I can see the utility of her providing shields and healing ability in one character
Plus energy particles

That said, I not sure I would go out of my way to build her. She made me wish that I had Jean instead.
Word. Jean is fucking amazing. Sayu is fun for open world exploration thanks to no stamina Sonic run.

Ayaka - Quick and simple to play, her dash isn't quite as annoying as Mona, but still not my favorite. Seems like an easy character to build teams around.
She's what Electric Cat could have been if her charged Atk wasn't so fucking expensive and her Electric infusion wasn't so fucking short.

Yeah, pull Ayaka. 2nd best DPS unit after Cocogoat.

Plus unlike Mona, her dash is useful in the open world exploration when you need to traverse some water.

Just don't forget to use her cryo infused AA and skill after you emerge from under the water and you'll be able to cover almost unlimited distance. BTW it's another similarly to Keq, her stiletto is such an amazing open world tool...

Shogun - I think I understand her gameplay: Use her skill to buff other characters' bursts, then use her burst for electro damage & to act as a battery. I would be likely to pull on her rerun.
Yeah, Baal is very simple and totally changes how you play. She gives you...

Revenge Of The Sith Power GIF by Star Wars

Is she just for buffing the Shogun?
Yes. I have her at C6... But nah, don't bother.

crumbs

Word. Jean is fucking amazing. Sayu is fun for open world exploration thanks to no stamina Sonic run.
At his point in the game for me (AR56) multi-faceted characters likes Jean or the Shogun are more appealing to me than single purpose characters.

She's what Electric Cat could have been if her charged Atk wasn't so fucking expensive and her Electric infusion wasn't so fucking short.

Yeah, pull Ayaka. 2nd best DPS unit after Cocogoat.

Plus unlike Mona, her dash is useful in the open world exploration when you need to traverse some water.

Just don't forget to use her cryo infused AA and skill after you emerge from under the water and you'll be able to cover almost unlimited distance. BTW it's another similarly to Keq, her stiletto is such an amazing open world tool...

Keqing was the second 5 star I pulled and I've used her a lot (physical build, since converted het to electro build) during the middle portion of this game. Maybe that's why Ayaka felt so natural to use? Anyway, I do have Ganyu, but I would like another melee DPS. I thought about Eula, but I prefer swords over claymores in this game, so I'll just wait for that Ayaka rerun.

BlackM1st

Banned
I thought about Eula, but I prefer swords over claymores in this game, so I'll just wait for that Ayaka rerun.
Ayaka is way more consistent and way, way more broken at C0.

I mean at C0 Eula isn't worth anyone's attention at all. Especially people with Cocogoat. Her sex appeal is the only reason I ever bothered with her banner.

If you compare her directly to Ayaka, well Ayaka utterly destroys her in the versatility aspect, because not only her exploration skill is far superior, her elemental infusion also can be completely avoided if you meet some Ice enemies and will require some phys DMG from Ayaka.

Between her and C0 EULA there's no contest, really.

In the same time, if you compare C6 Ayaka and C6 Eula... Well, I would still go with Ayaka, because you really doesn't need C6 Eula numbers for anything, while C6 Ayaka would burn through the enemies just as fast and without unnecessary overkill and annoying combo building.

Ayaka just works 🗡

Pejo

Since I skipped out on this game for awhile, this Misty Dungeon event gave me extended playtime with some of the characters I missed:

Ayaka - Quick and simple to play, her dash isn't quite as annoying as Mona, but still not my favorite. Seems like an easy character to build teams around. Also likely to pull for in the future.
Sara - Not sure I fully understand her kit, even after trying her in multiple teams. Is she just for buffing the Shogun? Shame as I like her design.
Yoimiya - Really disliked playing as her. Bow AA is not fun, feels like it designed for mobile players? Also annoying VA, hard pass in the future.
Thoma - Seems like he's hindered by long CDs. Feels like other characters can do what he does better? Just didn't leave much of impression.

It pains me to admit this, but these Misty Dungeon events have made me appreciate Diona. I haven't really built her out for use in the actual game, but I can see the utility of her providing shields and healing ability in one character slot. I ended up using her a lot in this event.
Yea Shogun and Ayaka (if you enjoy her gameplay) are the two best of those characters.

Yoimiya is a bit of an acquired taste, but she has her uses once you get used to working around awful bow auto attack issues. She's really strong vs. single bosses, and there's a fair amount of them in this game.

With Sara, you feel my pain. I like her design and character so much, but she is just so positively awful to use until at least C2, and even then she's really only there for Shogun (or Keqing I guess). I keep hoping they'll make a bow or an artifact set that helps fit her into more teams.

Sayu is good on paper and fun to use, but her heals seem excessively weak. I have her leveled but not built out yet, but I suspect she gets a lot better with VV artifact set and some healing bonus % gear.

Thoma, I can't really say much. Leveled him to 20 for the free wish.
At his point in the game for me (AR56) multi-faceted characters likes Jean or the Shogun are more appealing to me than single purpose characters.

Keqing was the second 5 star I pulled and I've used her a lot (physical build, since converted het to electro build) during the middle portion of this game. Maybe that's why Ayaka felt so natural to use? Anyway, I do have Ganyu, but I would like another melee DPS. I thought about Eula, but I prefer swords over claymores in this game, so I'll just wait for that Ayaka rerun.
Ayato (Ayaka's brother) might be a Hydro Sword or Hydro Claymore, we should see more info pop up about him in the next beta. Eula is great though, coming from someone that got her to C6 and got her signature weapon. She was great before all of that too though.

Top Bottom