• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

BlackM1st

Banned
punished Shenhe
Happy You Good GIF

LOL

Fake

Gold Member
I doubt they're related at all. Shenhe is from Liyue and likely hasn't met either of those characters.

She can tell more about
That part that she gave up the piece to Scaramouche to save Traveler's life. I remember Childe saying still wait to Scaramouche to report back with that Anchor piece

BlackM1st

Banned
She can tell more about
That part that she gave up the piece to Scaramouche to save Traveler's life. I remember Childe saying still wait to Scaramouche to report back with that Anchor piece
One is a fox lady from Inazuma. Another one is a bird lady from Liyue.

Saber

Well fellas, I'm gonna join the "less than 1%" character playbase when Yun Jin arrives. Perhaps I can even up to 1% if I sum the playbase of Xynian as well, who knows.

Pejo

Well fellas, I'm gonna join the "less than 1%" character playbase when Yun Jin arrives. Perhaps I can even up to 1% if I sum the playbase of Xynian as well, who knows.
Hey you'll be having fun, that's all that matters.

34h316bpvs881.png

YukiOnna

Not sure why everyone seems so crazy about her.
Shes hot. Im just going to be honest.

Shrine maiden aesthetic, playful and wise personality, morally ambiguous, foxgirl, hopefully a main damage catalyst user so I can finally use one of these damage focused catalysts sitting and collecting dust in my inventory. There's a lot to like. She also "feels" like the real boss of Inazuma, working behind the scenes and in roundabout ways. At least it's not another "I work so hard because hard work is good" characters like half of Liyue.

Shenhe's backstory is kinda tragic and interesting. She also might just be the most travelersexual character since Ayaka.

So when Shenhe was born she was a victim of some Chinese astrology stuff that basically means she's cursed with loneliness and disaster. This essentially means that she brings ruin to everyone around her.

Shenhe's mom died when she was very young. This caused her dad to become insane with grief. He found a ritual that would allow him to bring a dead person back, but only if he sacrificed a living person to do that; he chose his daughter.

He brought Shenhe to a cave, started the ritual and left. The ritual summoned a monster that was going to kill her, but she had a knife and fought back. She was literally stuck in that cave fighting the monster for like three or four days. She was about to lose and die when her Vision suddenly awoke and gave her the advantage she needed to kill the monster. The trauma from this seemed to have caused her to become a violent person.

Afterwards Cloud Retainer was just chilling when she found Shenhe and took her in as an apprentice. Shenhe was restrained with red ropes to keep her curse at bay, and also to prevent her violent impulses from taking root. However it also had the side-effect of numbing her emotions and making her cold. Also because she was raised in the mountains she's clueless about human culture. Also also the Traveler's protagonist charisma is making her emotions re-awaken.

There's a play that's actually about Shenhe. It's this exact play about Shenhe that Yunjin was performing when she got her Vision.

Shenhe's hair is white because of a magical comb that Cloud Retainer gave her, and it marks her as an adeptus' apprentice. Originally it was black.

Shenhe helps people who are out lost in the mountains, but because she has no concept of social norms, she will intimidate civilians as equally as she'll intimidate bandits.

For those wondering about Yunjin:

She was born as the daughter of a playwright and an opera singer, she inherited the family tradition, also she's really talented at writing and singing opera and stuff. She got her Vision when she got really into this one play she did once.
Sounds great. Im really looking forward to her character story. Thank goodness shes not yuribound.

SSfox

Man inferior gaijins cut the legs. Open this for greatness.

She actually fully appears with her "super beautiful" legs when you're in twitter, just don't when post on forum.

She's so beautiful damn, it's gonna be hard to skip this time for real
1501186885-risitasueurbestreup.png

Last edited:

Pejo

Nice, that must've taken ages, or just a lot of persistence, or just a bunch of whaling? ;P
Now get that Uriel to 65 :pie_bull:
When I first started, I got her to SS with the plentiful resources pouring in and that selector ticket thing, so it's just been a super long haul (over 2 years) to SSS from there. I got every one of her fragment coins from the supply shop and anything else that rewarded them, and just finished it up today with the HoF costume gacha. I lucked out and got the selector box a little over halfway so I could stop rolling on it, I think that purple costume is ass. I just finished maxing Abyss Flower since Physical is my worst element, so Uriel is next. After that, Blood Rose will be the only Himeko suit that isn't SSS (working on it now in the shop).
Happy new year weebgaf :messenger_beermugs:
And to you!
Ayaka gonna kill her.
Let them fight. There's bigger things on the way.
mMWOZTQ.jpg

YukiOnna

Celebratory New Year art from the JP Genshin Team. Pretty sure the artist is FGO's pako-sensei for this one.
Message from Yae:
Come near, child. "Let it shine, let it be pure. Wish for it, and it will come true." Here is a New Year's gift from the wise and beautiful Yae Miko-sama.

Happy New Year to you all.
Thank you very much for your support of "Genshin" during the past year!
We look forward to your continued support in the New Year!

And a threesome from the EN Genshin Team

Last edited:

SSfox

Just got Keking in perma banner by using the 5 monthly shop stones. Not a character i wanted badly but it's cool since i didn't have her, and it's cool also cause she's good at exploration and missions sending, now only need Sara to have the full team of missions sending.

BlackM1st

Banned
Just got Keking in perma banner by using the 5 monthly shop stones. Not a character i wanted badly but it's cool since i didn't have her, and it's cool also cause she's good at exploration and missions sending, now only need Sara to have the full team of missions sending.
Electric Cat is fun and who knows, maybe new Electric set will be good on her?

Fuz

Banned
I had 5 blue wishes, so this morning I decided to give it a go and see how the year starts.

WG.jpg

I've been wanting it forever. So, I'm happy I guess? I don't really have anyone to give it to.
I know you bastards were expecting a Mona. Me too, guys. Me too.

SSfox

Electric Cat is fun and who knows, maybe new Electric set will be good on her?
Yes she'll likely become very good with the new set if the leak is correct. And she's quite fun, maybe i'll get the skin if i enjoy her a lot, specially since i was saving my primos for when Diluc will get his skin, but leaks are saying he will have a KFC skin, which i'm not a big fan of tbh lol

BlackM1st

Banned
I had 5 blue wishes, so this morning I decided to give it a go and see how the year starts.

WG.jpg

I've been wanting it forever. So, I'm happy I guess? I don't really have anyone to give it to.
chill needs GIF

Fuz

Banned
Celebratory New Year art from the JP Genshin Team. Pretty sure the artist is FGO's pako-sensei for this one.
Message from Yae:
Come near, child. "Let it shine, let it be pure. Wish for it, and it will come true." Here is a New Year's gift from the wise and beautiful Yae Miko-sama.

Happy New Year to you all.
Thank you very much for your support of "Genshin" during the past year!
We look forward to your continued support in the New Year!

I like this art style. Very '90s.

crumbs

Happy New Year to the best community on GAF. It's basically the equivalent of being the nicest gang in a prison, but whatever :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I pulled Thoma with my 5 blue wishes from the store, so I can tell 2022 is going to special :messenger_expressionless:

YukiOnna

Happy New Year everyone. While I've become a little more jaded on this game as the months go on, it's still fun to talk about it here or try out a new patch.

In other news, thank god the shitty holiday music is going away.

BlackM1st

Banned
This "merchandise" event is fucking rigged.

Jumped through 10 worlds, still no talent books.

Said fuck it and took some random trash...

Great event lol

Fake

Gold Member

WG.jpg

Don't you have Diluc?

I would be happy. Best claymore of the game.

BlackM1st

Banned
Happy new year!

Wait, you can go to other worlds? I just took whatever my world offered...
Yeah, that's kinda their way of softly introducing people to the COOP aspect of the game. IIRC it's the 3rd event like that already and the talent books are always the rarest drop. Plus, 9 out of 10 people decline your coop requests lol

SSfox

We can disagree on some characters here and there, but we can all agree that Zhongli is the absolute ultimate GOAT.

He's one of the few characters that made me want to get into the game, his trailer still gives me goosebumps everytime i rewatch it.

Last edited:

Saber

We can disagree on some characters here and there, but we can all agree that Zhongli is the absolute ultimate GOAT.

He's one of the few characters that made me want to get into the game, his trailer still gives me goosebumps everytime i rewatch it.

Good thing about GI is that it has alot of characters and people like them for whatever the reason they may be.

BlackM1st

Banned

Definitely in top 2 for me.

He's not definitive #1 for me only because of his laughable DMG numbers (and GI is all about dat sweet DPS) and overall utility Cocogoat provides.

I'm just glad that I have both lol Plus I got him on his first rerun and he carried me all the way to the Baal's banner.

Unfortunately health drain meta made shields way less useful, but Baal's banner gave me C0 Jean and now I have her at C1.

Top Bottom