• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Pejo

C6 EULA lol Got 3K easy.

pixiv-id-14698535-Ayaka-%28Genshin-Impact%29-Genshin-Impact-%D1%84%D1%8D%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%BE%D0%BC%D1%8B-6901442.jpeg

Do you even cryo, bro?
I just realized I forgot a zero, i got 15,600 total from the 3 challenges, solo with my Eula team. Man, I'm shocked you're the only one that called me out for havin C6 Eula and not breaking 2k. That would be straight up embarassing.

Fuz

Banned
I'm not against her being GEO because I like the element, but GEO has 2 shields heroes and adding a parry hero to them looks counter-productive. Why parry, when you can just be invulnerable lol
Yep. I can't really think of a team where she makes sense. And neither her parry makes sense, since she's not an on field dps.

Fuz

Banned
I just realized I forgot a zero, i got 15,600 total from the 3 challenges, solo with my Eula team. Man, I'm shocked you're the only one that called me out for havin C6 Eula and not breaking 2k. That would be straight up embarassing.
I assumed you just didn't care about the event.

I assumed it was a typo.

My final score is 15.000, mainly relying on Keqing, Shogun, Sucrose and Barbara. Just aimed for 5000 every day because I didn't want to get too sweaty. Throughout the event I kept thinking: "If I had Ganyu I wouldn't care about stamina depletion, movement speed, lava on the floor etc."

So, 2.4? I maybe missed the release date.
January 5th, next Wednesday.

Pejo

hey R Reizo Ryuu , not sure if you saw the spoilers but...

Bianka has been semi-confirmed to be real Kiana in the latest CN patch. I started buying in to it about 6 months ago, interesting to see it coming true.

Now all that's left is for Himeko to come back from Imaginary space and save them from Otto at the very end.
pepe.jpg

hey R Reizo Ryuu , not sure if you saw the spoilers but...

Bianka has been semi-confirmed to be real Kiana in the latest CN patch. I started buying in to it about 6 months ago, interesting to see it coming true.

Now all that's left is for Himeko to come back from Imaginary space and save them from Otto at the very end.
pepe.jpg
That's some premium copium lol.
I don't think she's kiana, if she is related, I feel like she would be connected to cecilia instead, like a clone or some shit.
Aside from the hair colour difference, they look very similar, and it would also explain why she's so proficient with the abyss flower.

Pejo

That's some premium copium lol.
I don't think she's kiana, if she is related, I feel like she would be connected to cecilia instead, like a clone or some shit.
Aside from the hair colour difference, they look very similar, and it would also explain why she's so proficient with the abyss flower.
The hair color changes to white on the tips in chp 28 CG scene, but you have a fair point about Cecilia. Either way, exciting stuff. She also had half of a torn picture of child k-423 with a Homu, whatever that insinuates.

Venti may have a rerun in 2.5 WTF
Well yeah, 2.5 will have Windblume festival most likely, which is a Mondstadt event so Venti and Klee will probably be rerun. Venti has been powercrept by Kazuha though, no need to go for him that much.

They've really accelerated with the reruns though. I think you just have to pick and choose, because so many characters are released in rapid succession that there's no way the freemogems can keep up. Unless you just want to keep whaling (please don't).

BlackM1st

Banned
They've really accelerated with the reruns though.
I do wonder why tho.

There's always money involved, but what's their middle to long term plans?

With so much reruns they're definitely removing some of that FOMO pressure and from a financial perspective it's not that smart. So I really interested what they're planning.

Maybe they want to milk the F2P players dry with the old heroes reruns and introduce the next wave of new OP heroes to make people pay? In the same time... Why pay for new OP heroes if you can just wait for their rerun?

Maybe MiHo will not rerun new OP heroes tho, like they did with Cocogoat. I mean 1 year pause isn't something I would call "accelerated" rate lol

SSfox

Well yeah, 2.5 will have Windblume festival most likely, which is a Mondstadt event so Venti and Klee will probably be rerun. Venti has been powercrept by Kazuha though, no need to go for him that much.

They've really accelerated with the reruns though. I think you just have to pick and choose, because so many characters are released in rapid succession that there's no way the freemogems can keep up. Unless you just want to keep whaling (please don't).
I pull characters i like and enjoy the most, meta will change all the time and you can clear everything with any characters as long as you UP the characters so hitting 30000 or 40000 it doesn't matter much tbh, fun above everything is my personal meta.

Last edited:
  • Strength
Reactions: Fuz
I do wonder why tho.

There's always money involved, but what's their middle to long term plans?

With so much reruns they're definitely removing some of that FOMO pressure and from a financial perspective it's not that smart. So I really interested what they're planning.

Maybe they want to milk the F2P players dry with the old heroes reruns and introduce the next wave of new OP heroes to make people pay? In the same time... Why pay for new OP heroes if you can just wait for their rerun?

Maybe MiHo will not rerun new OP heroes tho, like they did with Cocogoat. I mean 1 year pause isn't something I would call "accelerated" rate lol
Reruns are super profitable for Mihoyo, because it costs them absolutely nothing and yet makes them millions. Just look at Hu Tao/Homa's banner.

As more and more new characters are released, older ones will naturally lose their value. A portion of the players already has these characters, others abandon the idea of pulling for them in favor of newer characters etc. My guess is they're trying to extract as much money as possible from these older characters now that they're still in demand.

I assume that in the short term they're hoping to get desperate people to spend money by bunching all these chars together. The long term is anyone's guess, but I expect they've got a boatload of characters lined up for dendro/Sumeru, which will create another "summer of Inazuma" situation. If there's a period of two or three patches (approx. 4 months) with no reruns happening at all... The demand will grow. Eventually they will have to find another solution for some of these older characters.

I pull characters i like and enjoy the most, meta will change all the time and you can clear everything with any characters as long as you UP the characters so hitting 30000 or 40000 it doesn't matter much tbh, fun above everything is my personal meta.
You most enjoy traps like Venti? You do you, I guess.

BlackM1st

Banned
He just loves to have fun man... Some unholy, cursed fun...

comedy central GIF

The long term is anyone's guess, but I expect they've got a boatload of characters lined up for dendro/Sumeru, which will create another "summer of Inazuma" situation.
Yep, was also thinking about that.

The demand will grow. Eventually they will have to find another solution for some of these older characters
Nobody gives a F about standard heroes already, at one point they'll start giving them away for free, so maybe MiHo will add older limited heroes to the standard banner.

Pejo

Oh wow, so it's our first archon quest interlude? I was kinda hoping we'd see more of Dain or the sibling since we're between archons currently. Interesting though.

YukiOnna

Oh wow, so it's our first archon quest interlude? I was kinda hoping we'd see more of Dain or the sibling since we're between archons currently. Interesting though.
Yeah I was surprised to see it labeled an Archon Quest, but I guess it is a sequel to the Liyue Chapter.

SSfox

Venti i a mix of both Link and Peter Pan, 2 of the greastest characters, and he's awesome of his own. You and others can keep saying he's trap all day it won't make him so.

Oh man this generation of people that calls any male characters "trap" because their design isn't full of testosterones lmao. I like many types of characters, Kratos is one of my fav character ever, and i can still like and appreciate different type of designs like Venti or Link. Guess i'm just not one sided like many here.

Last edited:

SSfox

So it's confirmed Beidou and XQ in Z banner, the 2 characters i want to C6 the most, it's so good, hopefully i'll get some of C. I'm gonna thrown everything is that banner.

I also don't have Yanfei, so it's winwin.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
14. After completing the Story Quest "Lupus Minor Chapter: Act I," Rifthound Whelps will appear in Mondstadt's Wolvendom and its vicinity.

Called it! Nice.

Optimizes button control experience of the controller when holding down a button to skip.
Finally...

Adds synchronized lip movement for Japanese, Korean, and English voice-over for "Hangout Events: Series I."

Nice.

Fake

Gold Member
Gonna try getting Zhongli and lantern event will be once again Xinqgi.

Spoilers over Shenhe 'abouts'.
About Chongyun
It's hard for me to believe that... I still have living relatives in this world. If he has any difficulties with his training, I'm more than willing to help enlighten him. However, he will need to meet me alone in the mountains. Their family is too... sociable. I wouldn't know how to turn down their invitations without being impolite

About Xingqiu
I've seen him lean over to you and whisper things in your ear. If he dares threaten you, I'll make sure he... Hmm? You mean it's just an in-joke between friends? Genuinely...?

Last edited:
Venti i a mix of both Link and Peter Pan, 2 of the greastest characters, and he's awesome of his own. You and others can keep saying he's trap all day it won't make him so.
No offense, but it's probably the other way around. If people keep telling you Venti is a trap... That's probably because he is, even if you can't see it.
He also got kicked in the gut by La Signora and had his gnosis stolen, as the only archon who wasn't in control of the situation.

But hey, if you like him I'm happy for you!

So it's confirmed Beidou and XQ in Z banner
It's good that they finally show the banners early on now. They were always a mystery until just before their release. Shenhe's banner is pretty trash, so I'm not too amused about that. The second banner isn't of much interest to me either.

Spoilers over Shenhe 'abouts'.
About Chongyun
It's hard for me to believe that... I still have living relatives in this world. If he has any difficulties with his training, I'm more than willing to help enlighten him. However, he will need to meet me alone in the mountains. Their family is too... sociable. I wouldn't know how to turn down their invitations without being impolite

About Xingqiu
I've seen him lean over to you and whisper things in your ear. If he dares threaten you, I'll make sure he... Hmm? You mean it's just an in-joke between friends? Genuinely...?
Shippers btfo. Good to see. All the characters are for you.

SSfox

EDIT: 5 minutes ago i told to myself i should skip all 2.5 except if there is no Venti, to also focus on optimizing my actual characters, but DAMN i'm really loving Yae so far, probably my fav girl in the game now with Beidou. Still need to see gameplay tho but everything else is Purrrfect!!!

Last edited:
Not sure why everyone seems so crazy about her.
Me neither. I guess she's just not my type. Even if her kit's busted, electro is kinda weak and well-represented on most people's accounts between Fischl, Beidou and Raiden who are all very popular characters. I don't see a need to pull for her. Not now anyway.

Looks like she's the only new character for 2.5, so a bit of a lighter patch then. Pretty easy skip, we've got some time to save.

Pejo

Not sure why everyone seems so crazy about her.
Shrine maiden aesthetic, playful and wise personality, morally ambiguous, foxgirl, hopefully a main damage catalyst user so I can finally use one of these damage focused catalysts sitting and collecting dust in my inventory. There's a lot to like. She also "feels" like the real boss of Inazuma, working behind the scenes and in roundabout ways. At least it's not another "I work so hard because hard work is good" characters like half of Liyue.

Shenhe's backstory is kinda tragic and interesting. She also might just be the most travelersexual character since Ayaka.

So when Shenhe was born she was a victim of some Chinese astrology stuff that basically means she's cursed with loneliness and disaster. This essentially means that she brings ruin to everyone around her.

Shenhe's mom died when she was very young. This caused her dad to become insane with grief. He found a ritual that would allow him to bring a dead person back, but only if he sacrificed a living person to do that; he chose his daughter.

He brought Shenhe to a cave, started the ritual and left. The ritual summoned a monster that was going to kill her, but she had a knife and fought back. She was literally stuck in that cave fighting the monster for like three or four days. She was about to lose and die when her Vision suddenly awoke and gave her the advantage she needed to kill the monster. The trauma from this seemed to have caused her to become a violent person.

Afterwards Cloud Retainer was just chilling when she found Shenhe and took her in as an apprentice. Shenhe was restrained with red ropes to keep her curse at bay, and also to prevent her violent impulses from taking root. However it also had the side-effect of numbing her emotions and making her cold. Also because she was raised in the mountains she's clueless about human culture. Also also the Traveler's protagonist charisma is making her emotions re-awaken.

There's a play that's actually about Shenhe. It's this exact play about Shenhe that Yunjin was performing when she got her Vision.

Shenhe's hair is white because of a magical comb that Cloud Retainer gave her, and it marks her as an adeptus' apprentice. Originally it was black.

Shenhe helps people who are out lost in the mountains, but because she has no concept of social norms, she will intimidate civilians as equally as she'll intimidate bandits.

For those wondering about Yunjin:

She was born as the daughter of a playwright and an opera singer, she inherited the family tradition, also she's really talented at writing and singing opera and stuff. She got her Vision when she got really into this one play she did once.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
The trauma from this seemed to have caused her to become a violent person.

Shenhe was restrained with red ropes to keep her curse at bay, and also to prevent her violent impulses
Boo. Cold and violent support... Who's bright idea it was I wonder? She should be a brutal killer, fucking main DPS material...

Reminds me how something similar happened in the Overwatch.

When after human VS robot war some scientist woman created a robot to prove that not all robots are bad and that they can adopt to live in peace with humanity.

The twist is that she built A FLYING KILLER ROBOT with a shape-shifting abilities similar to Terminators lmao.

EUdnYkXUcAAEB9f.jpg

Let's live in peace! ✌ Or I'll kill ya! :3

Makes.No.Sense.

Pejo

Boo. Cold and violent support... Who's bright idea it was I wonder? She should be a brutal killer, fucking main DPS material...

Reminds me how something similar happened in the Overwatch.

When after human VS robot war some scientist woman created a robot to prove that not all robots are bad and that they can adopt to live in peace with humanity.

The twist is that she built A FLYING KILLER ROBOT with a shape-shifting abilities similar to Terminators lmao.

EUdnYkXUcAAEB9f.jpg

Let's live in peace! ✌ Or I'll kill ya! :3

Makes.No.Sense.
Well I'm anticipating a quest where the ropes come off and we can see punished Shenhe. Could be a really good character story.

Top Bottom