• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

Supposed leaks for new artifact sets:

"干 翻 原 神"
- 2 Piece Effect: +15% Electro Damage Bonus
- 4 Piece Effect: When attacks deal Electro damage, this character gains 2.5% Electro DMG Bonus. This effect lasts 5 seconds and can stack up to 10 times. This effect has a cooldown of 0.3 seconds. When your character has 10 stacks, the 2 Piece Bonus increases by 100%.

"崩 坏 永 存"
- 2 Piece Effect: Crit Rate +12%
- 4 Piece Effect: +8% Elemental Skill DMG. After casting your Elemental Skill, this character gains +6% ATK and +8% Normal/Charged/Plunge Attack DMG Bonus. This effect can stack up to 3 times and lasts up to 8 seconds. Hitting an enemy with two Normal/Charged/Plunge attacks increases the duration of this effect by 1 second, with a cooldown of 0.9 seconds. The duration of the 4 Piece effect can be increased by a maximum of 7 seconds.

Take with a grain of salt.

Pejo

Supposed leaks for new artifact sets:

"干 翻 原 神"
- 2 Piece Effect: +15% Electro Damage Bonus
- 4 Piece Effect: When attacks deal Electro damage, this character gains 2.5% Electro DMG Bonus. This effect lasts 5 seconds and can stack up to 10 times. This effect has a cooldown of 0.3 seconds. When your character has 10 stacks, the 2 Piece Bonus increases by 100%.

"崩 坏 永 存"
- 2 Piece Effect: Crit Rate +12%
- 4 Piece Effect: +8% Elemental Skill DMG. After casting your Elemental Skill, this character gains +6% ATK and +8% Normal/Charged/Plunge Attack DMG Bonus. This effect can stack up to 3 times and lasts up to 8 seconds. Hitting an enemy with two Normal/Charged/Plunge attacks increases the duration of this effect by 1 second, with a cooldown of 0.9 seconds. The duration of the 4 Piece effect can be increased by a maximum of 7 seconds.

Take with a grain of salt.
Oh man that Crit rate set.

lewd funny sex GIF

I can finally retire my characters still using the 4* berserker 2pc sets.

Finally a real confirmation that she's not Cloud Retainer. Cursed child, has to wear ropes.

bondage fetish bait. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Oh man that Crit rate set.

lewd funny sex GIF

I can finally retire my characters still using the 4* berserker 2pc sets.

Finally a real confirmation that she's not Cloud Retainer. Cursed child, has to wear ropes.

bondage fetish bait. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Plus the side shot when she's in bed. Excellent. Either way I'm rolling for her and like Kokomi I'll make her work. Looking forward to her character story.

Also, another L to the Yuri Cult:
unknown.png

Pejo

Plus the side shot when she's in bed. Excellent. Either way I'm rolling for her and like Kokomi I'll make her work. Looking forward to her character story.

Also, another L to the Yuri Cult:
unknown.png
Yea, i'm pretty satisfied with the taste of backstory and character that we got. I'm sold on her banner. If only they hadn't taken away the belly button...

Ah well,
iu

Finally got around to doing the event. Ended up with a total score of 1560. I could probably do better, but that Array was just taking forever with the 100% HP buff so I took it down to 25% instead.

My team for all 3 trials was Eula/Zhongdong/Shogun/Jean. Made easy work of it all. This was good content to really get to test out my Eula since stuff had ridiculously inflated HP. Feels damn good to see health bars just split in half or more from a single splash damage.

*edit*

It begins.

sdms8oiibl881.png

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
074rtk9mlb881.jpg

I really need to build Raiden properly.
I'm not sure where to fit her, though...

What are the ideal stats for Raiden?

Last edited:

Pejo

Looks like Ayato is our 2nd counter character, move over Beidou.

Translation :

E - When Ayato's Elemental Skill is activated at the same time an enemies attacks him, he gains 1 stack of "Kendo Pose"

Q - Ayato jumps up and then slashes down, draining 1 stack of "Kendo Pose". It is recommended to use his Elemental Burst when he has at least 3 stacks of "Kendo Pose" (there will be a red light to indicate when he has 3 stacks).

Unleashing Q to jump over an enemy will give an achievement

NGA thread: https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=30069649 (it seems that the post is hidden)

Extra notes from Esperance : Burst is a plunge attack, his blade turns red to indicate his 3 stacks

200.gif

crumbs

So I'm finally get around to exploring the fog island in Inazuma and I'm enjoying the atmosphere and the music (the music in this game never disappoints). That means encountering the corrosion wolves more frequently (I've run into them in domains and in the lame-ass energy amplifier event). How have you guys been building teams with this mechanic in mind? I haven't really used healers since the mid AR ranks, but I'm wondering if I need to bring Barb or Diona up to spec going forward. My current Barb setup struggles to keep up with the corrosion.

I figured that the devs would introduce something to make shields less effective, but they way they implemented it is annoying. It would have been better if it only effected the character that was attacked, not all party members. I also don't fully understand the wolves' attacking hit box, as there's been times where they totally miss me, but I still get the corrosion status. It reminds me of the poorly defined hit radius of the frog and bird water mimics' splash/explosion attack, where you can be clear of the visual representation of the attack, but still take damage.

Pejo

So I'm finally get around to exploring the fog island in Inazuma and I'm enjoying the atmosphere and the music (the music in this game never disappoints). That means encountering the corrosion wolves more frequently (I've run into them in domains and in the lame-ass energy amplifier event). How have you guys been building teams with this mechanic in mind? I haven't really used healers since the mid AR ranks, but I'm wondering if I need to bring Barb or Diona up to spec going forward. My current Barb setup struggles to keep up with the corrosion.

I figured that the devs would introduce something to make shields less effective, but they way they implemented it is annoying. It would have been better if it only effected the character that was attacked, not all party members. I also don't fully understand the wolves' attacking hit box, as there's been times where they totally miss me, but I still get the corrosion status. It reminds me of the poorly defined hit radius of the frog and bird water mimics' splash/explosion attack, where you can be clear of the visual representation of the attack, but still take damage.
Yep, they purposely introduced corrosion just to force healers back into relevancy. The hitboxes on all of the floating enemies suck, so unfortunately the answer is just to bring a healer. It's better if it's a healer that heals all characters, not just the on field one. So Jean, Barbie, Qiqi, Kokomi, or any catalyst user with Prototype Amber.

Fake

Gold Member

Translation :

E - When Ayato's Elemental Skill is activated at the same time an enemies attacks him, he gains 1 stack of "Kendo Pose"

Q - Ayato jumps up and then slashes down, draining 1 stack of "Kendo Pose". It is recommended to use his Elemental Burst when he has at least 3 stacks of "Kendo Pose" (there will be a red light to indicate when he has 3 stacks).

NGA thread: https://ngabbs.com/read.php?tid=30069649 (it seems that the post is hidden)

Extra notes from Esperance : Burst is a plunge attack, his blade turns red to indicate his 3 stacks

200.gif

My next main.

edit:

Wait a minute. Was Shenhe... family related to Chongyu?

Last edited:

Saber

Translation :

200.gif

Question

Isn't Yun Jin skill also a counter? Or did I get her skill wrong?

Pejo

My next main.

edit:

Wait a minute. Was Shenhe... family related to Chongyu?
She's supposedly unlucky/cursed so literally the "Yin" to his "Yang". Curious if they are related in some way.

Question

Isn't Yun Jin skill also a counter? Or did I get her skill wrong?
Honestly haven't looked at her kit at all. It's possible. I heard the meeoooowwwwwaaaaaaaa from the trailer, and that's all I know about her.

Fake

Gold Member
She's supposedly unlucky/cursed so literally the "Yin" to his "Yang". Curious if they are related in some way.

I getting Hinata+Neji vibes over here. I read the previous over GI page saying she was indeed from a family of exorcists just like Chongyu.

Maybe explain 'why' she don't like Xingqiu.

Last edited:

crumbs

Yep, they purposely introduced corrosion just to force healers back into relevancy. The hitboxes on all of the floating enemies suck, so unfortunately the answer is just to bring a healer. It's better if it's a healer that heals all characters, not just the on field one. So Jean, Barbie, Qiqi, Kokomi, or any catalyst user with Prototype Amber.
The game just continues to mock me for not having Jean :messenger_pensive:

Saber

Honestly haven't looked at her kit at all. It's possible. I heard the meeoooowwwwwaaaaaaaa from the trailer, and that's all I know about her.

From what I get, I think is kinda similar to Beidou. The only difference is not a real counter and she doesn't need to parry to get the full potential, you can simply hold the button until you reach the max level.

Last edited:
Sounds cool but depends on cooldowns methinks. If he can continuously counter, that'd be a fun and different playstyle. If not... just a five star version of Beidou/Yun Jin, which isn't terribly exciting.

Pejo

Sounds cool but depends on cooldowns methinks. If he can continuously counter, that'd be a fun and different playstyle. If not... just a five star version of Beidou/Yun Jin, which isn't terribly exciting.
True, cooldown can make or break him, as we saw with Thoma.

Fake

Gold Member

Mechanic act likes a counter, but maybe act more like a 'sword style'?

Any japanese sword style match with this?

Fake

Gold Member
Isn't that Iaido? I think that's more Ayaka's style. I doubt they'd do more characters with the same style.

Ayaka and Ayako share the same family style, maybe some differencial in builds, but if Inazuma is really based on Japan and all those 'brand' bloodline, they both share alike sword styles.

Is not like will be 100% identical. KoF Ryo and his sister Yuri share the same fightning style, but in practice are very distinct.

The only difference is not a real counter and she doesn't need to parry to get the full potential, you can simply hold the button until you reach the max level.
You mean hold the button and get hit? Holding the button doesn't do anything I think, she needs to get hit during the duration.
Also at C1 she gets instant max damage stacks if you actually do parry.

I kinda want Lithic Spear for Shenhe but I don't want to pull on the weapons banner. It'd look decent on her though, and seems viable.

You mean hold the button and get hit? Holding the button doesn't do anything I think, she needs to get hit during the duration.
From what I remember from the stream, she can hold to charge the ability for full effect, or counter at the right moment to get the full effect immediately. I think that was her ascension talent.

Saber

If you hold the skill to at least 3 seconds(I think), you got max level(2).
By using her passive talent, you can also get max level if you counter at the right time as well.

If you hold the skill to at least 3 seconds(I think), you got max level(2).
By using her passive talent, you can also get max level if you counter at the right time as well.
The video posted above shows beidou's damage being far lower when she's just holding it.

Saber

The video posted above shows beidou's damage being far lower when she's just holding it.

I'm talking about Yun Jin. Beidou has a real counter that needs this taking damage effect in order to archieve its maximun damage or a talent to get max damage at the right time.

Last edited:

Pejo

I'm not against her being GEO because I like the element, but GEO has 2 shields heroes and adding a parry hero to them looks counter-productive. Why parry, when you can just be invulnerable lol
Well that's kinda my point, there's no damage scaling, no good reactions, just shit out a little crystal for a weak shield if the enemy already has another element on it when you counter. Even anemo counter could be better for swirl and VV set. A pyro counter would be great to do damage, apply pyro to the enemy, then swap in a Cryo or Hydro character to do huge reaction damage.

Top Bottom