• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

YukiOnna

Well, Genshin Impact is a GAAS, so I expect a new region this year. Can't say for sure, but putting filer after filer make the game hyper boring.

If that leak about Baal leaving for good is real, I expect either Yae or Kokomi to command Inazuma for good and the Traveler will end his business with Inazuma for good.
Oh I see. I haven't really seen any patch of 2.x as a filler outside of the Itto one. The new areas and quests have been worth my while and the event format has gotten better outside of some weird choices.

I don't know if the entire thing is true since I only saw the leaked voice line they used in the trailer, but if her character story is To Be Continued like ZL's then it might only be temporary. For Inazuma, I think they haven't explored enough of Inazuma for all they've built about it, so I hope they continued to do events even after Sumeru releases in Summer. But I'm a bit different since it's the sole region I have personal interest in outside of Fontaine and Snezhnaya.

EDIT:

Always fun to watch. He had to actually become Rex Lapis to get the Eula Constellations and he's a big fan of Eula's design.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I can't get over how much fun I'm having with this freeze team. Shenhe's actually hitting decently hard too, and I barely have her talents and artifacts leveled. I'm getting like 5k normal attacks while infused with Chongus' skill. Shame that you basically need to equip a Chongus to her just to make her work, but i'll be damned if it's not pretty fun. Makes me wish she had a cryo infuse in her base kit. Her elemental skill hold would be the perfect place to throw in a 6-8 second Cryo infuse.

I still haven't even built popsicle boy out at all either, he's level 2 now just from overworld xp. I do like the little slam dunk animation that he does when he uses the skill.

SSfox

I think i'll get Eula in her return if there's no Physical character from now on. She was too unlucky to be at the same time as Albedo.

Fuz

Banned
CHOICES.jpg

YukiOnna

Man, I can't get over how much fun I'm having with this freeze team. Shenhe's actually hitting decently hard too, and I barely have her talents and artifacts leveled. I'm getting like 5k normal attacks while infused with Chongus' skill. Shame that you basically need to equip a Chongus to her just to make her work, but i'll be damned if it's not pretty fun. Makes me wish she had a cryo infuse in her base kit. Her elemental skill hold would be the perfect place to throw in a 6-8 second Cryo infuse.

I still haven't even built popsicle boy out at all either, he's level 2 now just from overworld xp. I do like the little slam dunk animation that he does when he uses the skill.
What's the full party you're running for this? or do you just need Chungus with her + Hydro.

CHOICES.jpg
The EN localization of this game is so dodgy. There's clearly a lot of times where they don't understand an important setting terminology and go for style over direct, but then you have worse stuff like this.

Fake

Gold Member
Chongus area is better for others char than Chongus inself, and the physical bonus from destroying frozen is mediocre.
If Shenhe act like Rosaria, her elemental skin get even cd by Chongus area, so whatever Shenhe like or not Xingu, those three together works great.

Pejo

What's the full party you're running for this? or do you just need Chungus with her + Hydro.
Shenhe/Chongus/Kaz/Kokomi. I throw Chongus' field down, use Kaz to gather and apply VV effect, toss Kokomi's jellyfish and then go to town as Shenhe. If Kaz or Shenhe's burst is up and it's a sufficiently high HP group of monsters, I'll use their burst for bigger damage/faster kills.

I've found that Chongus's build doesn't really matter all in this team, he's just there to make your attacks turn to ice to get Shenhe's bonus damage. None of his stats affect his imbue strength at all, so if you have the Sacrificial Greatsword, put that on him so he can use it more often, otherwise that's all he needs. Like I said, mine's only level 2 with all level 1 artifacts and weapon. Leveling his talent only buffs the initial skill damage and a 0-1 second duration bonus on the individual imbue. As long as you stay in the field it automatically reapplies though, so it's also mostly worthless.

For what it's worth, I'm running 4pc Blizzard Strayer on her for the extra crit with a Cryo goblet. All of her artifacts are only level 12 though until I can actually farm the right substats.

YukiOnna

Shenhe/Chongus/Kaz/Kokomi. I throw Chongus' field down, use Kaz to gather and apply VV effect, toss Kokomi's jellyfish and then go to town as Shenhe. If Kaz or Shenhe's burst is up and it's a sufficiently high HP group of monsters, I'll use their burst for bigger damage/faster kills.

I've found that Chongus's build doesn't really matter all in this team, he's just there to make your attacks turn to ice to get Shenhe's bonus damage. None of his stats affect his imbue strength at all, so if you have the Sacrificial Greatsword, put that on him so he can use it more often, otherwise that's all he needs. Like I said, mine's only level 2 with all level 1 artifacts and weapon. Leveling his talent only buffs the initial skill damage and a 0-1 second duration bonus on the individual imbue. As long as you stay in the field it automatically reapplies though, so it's also mostly worthless.

For what it's worth, I'm running 4pc Blizzard Strayer on her for the extra crit with a Cryo goblet. All of her artifacts are only level 12 though until I can actually farm the right substats.
Nice. Unfortunately, I don't have Kazuha so I'm going to have to sub someone else in but anything to make Shenhe work. Good thing you don't really have to build up Chungus at all.

Pejo

How are you using Sucrose in this comp?
Sacrificial Fragments book and VV artifact 4pc set. Just use any of her moves to swirl Cryo and you're good. Her burst is nice because it gathers.

*edit*

Widsth is also a good all arounder, or Thrilling Tales if you don't have either of them. I like Sac Fragments because you can spam her elemental skill 3 times in a row without waiting for cooldown.

Last edited:
Sacrificial Fragments book and VV artifact 4pc set. Just use any of her moves to swirl Cryo and you're good. Her burst is nice because it gathers.

*edit*

Widsth is also a good all arounder, or Thrilling Tales if you don't have either of them. I like Sac Fragments because you can spam her elemental skill 3 times in a row without waiting for cooldown.

Why use 4p anemo set? Do you need damage dealing from her in this comp? Why not put noblesse on her and get additional boost for your main damage dealers.

Pejo

Didn't know that.
2 Piece: Anemo DMG Bonus +15%
4 Piece: Increases Swirl DMG by 60%. Decreases opponent's Elemental RES to the element infused in the Swirl by 40% for 10s.
Especially since ATK has diminishing returns, reducing the elemental resistance is usually far superior.

*edit*

I should add, don't bother with anemo characters if your main dps is physical, anemo, or Geo. They can't swirl so it brings nothing to the table.

Last edited:

Pejo

I just hope that "old" Enkanomiya is in the first half of the patch because I fully expect Elden Ring to take my attention away for at least a month. Sounds like it's going to be 2 story quests and a bunch of filler for the first half though, unfortunately.

YukiOnna

I just hope that "old" Enkanomiya is in the first half of the patch because I fully expect Elden Ring to take my attention away for at least a month. Sounds like it's going to be 2 story quests and a bunch of filler for the first half though, unfortunately.
I think they said the event is supposed to last the entire patch since it's an event exclusive area like Golden Apple, so wouldn't it be in from Day 1? I don't remember when Golden Apple unlocked though.

Pejo

I think they said the event is supposed to last the entire patch since it's an event exclusive area like Golden Apple, so wouldn't it be in from Day 1? I don't remember when Golden Apple unlocked though.
Oh interesting. I missed that bit, but it makes sense. Guess I need to plan on grinding it out fast then.

YukiOnna

Oh interesting. I missed that bit, but it makes sense. Guess I need to plan on grinding it out fast then.
Just checked. Yep:
The new seasonal event “Three Realms Gateway Offering” will challenge explorers with an area based on Enkanomiya that is haunted by unknown darkness. Once they have set foot in this area, characters will continuously accumulate corrosive darkness. A special gadget, the Bokuso Box, will be given to help resist the corrosive darkness, gain new abilities, and take down certain monsters. Open chests, unlock Waypoints and complete exploration objectives in the event area will all level up the Bokuso Box. The event will last the entire duration of Version 2.5, providing players with an ample amount of time to fully explore every corner and claim rich rewards including Primogems and the new 4-star catalyst weapon, Oathsworn Eye.

Pejo

Just checked. Yep:
The new seasonal event “Three Realms Gateway Offering” will challenge explorers with an area based on Enkanomiya that is haunted by unknown darkness. Once they have set foot in this area, characters will continuously accumulate corrosive darkness. A special gadget, the Bokuso Box, will be given to help resist the corrosive darkness, gain new abilities, and take down certain monsters. Open chests, unlock Waypoints and complete exploration objectives in the event area will all level up the Bokuso Box. The event will last the entire duration of Version 2.5, providing players with an ample amount of time to fully explore every corner and claim rich rewards including Primogems and the new 4-star catalyst weapon, Oathsworn Eye.
Fuckin sweet. Going to no life it. And unpopular opinion in this thread but I actually like the exploration mechanics that make it tougher/more planned out to explore the area.

Fake

Gold Member
How are you using Sucrose in this comp?

Thats why I put 4-set piece anemo. Kaede would be better, but is not easy asking 5* char in builds.

Sucrose can pull enemies to your location, easy to apply swirl and if you have 4-set anemo she will reduce elemental resistence, in that case, cryo. When Chongus elemental skill run out, a cryo sword is summon and do cryo damage and reduce enemies cryo resistence even more.

Yea this setup would also work but that requires that you use Waterboi, something which I will never ever do. Also slightly less effective to large groups.

There is no much hydro chars as him, IDK about Kokomi, but there is another Hydro that can reduce hydro resistence in the game?

And Ayato don't look too much a support for me.

Anw, you can always change for, maybe Childe?

The problem recommending Childe is, he is the damage dealer, so he gonna add nothing to Shenhe supp. Barbara is more a healer than supp. Unless you want a team with more than one DPS.

I put Xingu because he is a good overall support and easy to ask for builds.

Last edited:

YukiOnna

Fuckin sweet. Going to no life it. And unpopular opinion in this thread but I actually like the exploration mechanics that make it tougher/more planned out to explore the area.
Same reason I'm happy Elden Ring is bringing back more poison swamps. Tsurumi, Tatarasuna, etc. made the areas more interesting.

I fucking hate how chinese games keep using "rich rewards", "generous rewards" and the likes. I know it's a cultural thing, but it feels like they're mocking us and it really bothers me.
I would headbutt whoever writes that shit so hard.
Wonder if it's another localization choice

Preview Page is up w/ the awesome PV music.
Interesting, the "live2d" animations of yae/raiden/kokomi, is the same as they've been using for Honkai and the person(s) who does these always puts a bit of interesting detail in them; you can see the personality of all 3 reflected in how their eyes animate, I've never really paid attention to the in-game models, but I doubt they animated them with the same attention to detail (outside of cutscenes).

Pejo

So I finally gave in and used a few guides to see which open world quests I missed. Quite a few of them as it turns out. Several of them I was on step 2 of ~5 without realizing it because I found the quest but didn't realize it was a daily reset type.

I came really close to finishing the 'boatman' quest without a guide but I had no idea about the NPC that doesn't appear until you fish all the fish out of a particular fishing hole. How fucking obscure is that.

Some of the lore in these is especially dark. The one that comes to mind is the samurai troupe that move around Yashiori island slowly dying of the curse and the fucked up things that they did.

Anyways, they do a nice job of tidying up some loose ends and expanding the lore, I urge you guys to check some of these out when you have some free time.

There is no much hydro chars as him, IDK about Kokomi, but there is another Hydro that can reduce hydro resistence in the game?

And Ayato don't look too much a support for me.

Anw, you can always change for, maybe Childe?

The problem recommending Childe is, he is the damage dealer, so he gonna add nothing to Shenhe supp. Barbara is more a healer than supp. Unless you want a team with more than one DPS.

I put Xingu because he is a good overall support and easy to ask for builds.
This is true, nobody in this thread has probably invested as much into Hydrocoin as I have. He's by far the best/most accessible 4* Hydro applicator, I just dislike his design.
Skyward Spine better on Hu Tao or ZL?
It's an on-field damage focused stat stick with a substat that lies outside of its role, unfortunately. Having ER as the scaling stat is what kills it, and makes it hard to recommend on any character. It's basically the weapon version of Xinyan, the stats and the skills don't match up in a cohesive way.

JohnLee gets a lot of mileage out of the Catch. I would say it's better in every regard on him and it's free R5. Well, unless you're playing physical DPS JohnLee. But almost nobody does that and even then there's probably a better f2p weapon.

YukiOnna

So I finally gave in and used a few guides to see which open world quests I missed. Quite a few of them as it turns out. Several of them I was on step 2 of ~5 without realizing it because I found the quest but didn't realize it was a daily reset type.

I came really close to finishing the 'boatman' quest without a guide but I had no idea about the NPC that doesn't appear until you fish all the fish out of a particular fishing hole. How fucking obscure is that.

Some of the lore in these is especially dark. The one that comes to mind is the samurai troupe that move around Yashiori island slowly dying of the curse and the fucked up things that they did.

Anyways, they do a nice job of tidying up some loose ends and expanding the lore, I urge you guys to check some of these out when you have some free time.

Yeah that's why I tend to just use guides anyway cause I don't want to miss anything story wise. There's a lot of secret stuff or triggers for some of these quests that you kinda need to seek out that I'd never be able to. Yashiori Island has some great ones like Washizu's story. The Iwakura Clan's Downfall was another neat questline.

Interesting, the "live2d" animations of yae/raiden/kokomi, is the same as they've been using for Honkai and the person(s) who does these always puts a bit of interesting detail in them; you can see the personality of all 3 reflected in how their eyes animate, I've never really paid attention to the in-game models, but I doubt they animated them with the same attention to detail (outside of cutscenes).
Huh. Didn't even notice that until I actually paid attention to them. Cool.

crumbs

Yes, some of these hidden quests are obscure since it seems like they're over (you get rewards & a completion message), but in actuality there more to it. A good example is the kid that you give the crystal marrow; felt like the quest was over, but you can encounter him 2 more times as he travels to Inazuma City. I think these catch you off guard because there wasn't many "wait for a server reset" events like this in Mondstadt or Liyue. Once I started to notice them in Inazuma, I started to place markers & come back to certain things the next day. A lot of them didn't amount to anything, but it helps with some of these.

crumbs

Finally got around to maxing the Inazuma statue. Used the craftable item to to find the last 4, which made me feel both good and bad.

Good because I didn't need the stone for too many electroculus
Bad because the last one was a spot I knew about and had thought I grabbed it, but apparently that wasn't the case. This was the one high over the Seirimaru shipwreck on Seirei Island. You have to deal with a bunch of electro seelies in the underground portion of the ship that eventually trigger an sakura bough that you use to launch for self into the air and grab the electroculus. From ground level, it doesn't show on the map since it's so high, but I still felt stupid :messenger_neutral:

crumbs

I gave up leveling up statues since they don't want to increase your stamina.
I get where you're coming from, but the Inazuma statues do give a lot more rewards. It would have been cool to get one more region for stamina upgrades before they switched to other rewards.

Fake

Gold Member
I get where you're coming from, but the Inazuma statues do give a lot more rewards. It would have been cool to get one more region for stamina upgrades before they switched to other rewards.

Not much my taste. I get pretty much rewards doing quests, exploring and abyss. Even rewards are getting repetitives.

Thats 'why' statues are unique. Well, was.

Top Bottom