• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Genshin Impact |OT| 5.0 (Natlan) - Everything Changed When the Fire Nation Arrived

YukiOnna

Not much my taste. I get pretty much rewards doing quests, exploring and abyss. Even rewards are getting repetitives.

Thats 'why' statues are unique. Well, was.
I think the Sakura Tree made up for it a lot and they probably won't design regions to go over what we have right now for max stamina.

Pejo

Not much my taste. I get pretty much rewards doing quests, exploring and abyss. Even rewards are getting repetitives.

Thats 'why' statues are unique. Well, was.
Well they're still the primary source for the MC's constellation materials, so that's something unique to them I guess. But yea, they should be adding new mechanics per region that the statues give instead of just primos and junk. They probably put the sakura buffs under the Sakura tree this time so they could time gate it without doing it by island releases, but that's the kind of thing I would have expected to see as statue rewards.

I don't really think more stamina is the answer, like YukiOnna YukiOnna mentioned, the exploration seems pretty balanced right now based on our current max stamina. I'd rather them not waste time pissing with that.

YukiOnna

Well they're still the primary source for the MC's constellation materials, so that's something unique to them I guess. But yea, they should be adding new mechanics per region that the statues give instead of just primos and junk. They probably put the sakura buffs under the Sakura tree this time so they could time gate it without doing it by island releases, but that's the kind of thing I would have expected to see as statue rewards.

I don't really think more stamina is the answer, like YukiOnna YukiOnna mentioned, the exploration seems pretty balanced right now based on our current max stamina. I'd rather them not waste time pissing with that.
We'll probably get more systems like the Frostbearing Tree, Electrograna or the upcoming Bokuso Box. Seems they're intent on dividing it and have the SoS as a primogem provider.

Saber

They could still affect stamina, though I don't think whats happening in their dumb minds to think giving stamina is something op. They could reduce the climbing or swimming stamina consuption, increase stamina regeneration or receiving a buff each time you opening a box or so. It's so dumb that your "max stamina" is still there and serves for nothing once you max your towers. They have to give you an incentive other than crappie stuff, that was the entire point of max leveling towers in Monstad and Lyue. Since I quit the game I had no interest whatsoever to try max Inazuma tower level.

Fake

Gold Member

I agree, but again will vary between players. Traveler electro is not my favorite, 100% ignored, in the other hand Traveler anemo is quite fun.

Will depends on whatever kit the next element Traveler will get.

crumbs

Checking in with the Inazuma reputation guy today to see which quests I'm missing and apparently they're all commission RNG based:

Sad Everything Sucks GIF by Matt Joyce

Commission RNG is the cruelest aspect of this game. MiHoYo please stop locking content behind it.

Pejo

Checking in with the Inazuma reputation guy today to see which quests I'm missing and apparently they're all commission RNG based:

Sad Everything Sucks GIF by Matt Joyce

Commission RNG is the cruelest aspect of this game. MiHoYo please stop locking content behind it.
Yea now not only am I stuck on that Equivalent Exchange prequel RNG daily in Mondstadt, but I'm also gated behind the RNG daily in Inazuma for the doujin author. Feels....familiar. I did get the finale of the Sango detective quest today randomly though, so maybe there's hope.

Well, I spent today finishing up all the known guides for hidden quests that I missed. I'd say overall I did a pretty thorough job considering I hadn't used guides until the last 2 days. There were only about 10 achievements that I missed, and still have 4 ongoing quests that I didn't find that have daily resets involved. Also somehow I missed one of the Temari bros completely.

VDXgLIg.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my overall results of just exploring organically, and MHY's overworld/puzzle design. I am a little miffed at some of the stuff in Enka though, that seems to take for granted that you're using guides to find all the stuff. I hope that trend doesn't continue. I also didn't realize that the Sudoku puzzle on Watatsumi had 3 different solutions, so that was 2 extra chests.

Hit rank 7 friendship with Shenhe and got her last teapot lines, boy I'm not sure who's thirstier for Traveller - Ayaka, Kokomi, or her. She's kinda emotionally retarded though, so I guess that has something to do with it.
IUegknN.jpg

YukiOnna

Yea now not only am I stuck on that Equivalent Exchange prequel RNG daily in Mondstadt, but I'm also gated behind the RNG daily in Inazuma for the doujin author. Feels....familiar. I did get the finale of the Sango detective quest today randomly though, so maybe there's hope.

Well, I spent today finishing up all the known guides for hidden quests that I missed. I'd say overall I did a pretty thorough job considering I hadn't used guides until the last 2 days. There were only about 10 achievements that I missed, and still have 4 ongoing quests that I didn't find that have daily resets involved. Also somehow I missed one of the Temari bros completely.

VDXgLIg.jpg

I'm pretty happy with my overall results of just exploring organically, and MHY's overworld/puzzle design. I am a little miffed at some of the stuff in Enka though, that seems to take for granted that you're using guides to find all the stuff. I hope that trend doesn't continue. I also didn't realize that the Sudoku puzzle on Watatsumi had 3 different solutions, so that was 2 extra chests.
Nice. I hope they have plenty of hidden stuff or puzzles like this going forward. A bit worried that they mentioned the userbase found the Inazuma ones difficult considering how basic they can be though.
Hit rank 7 friendship with Shenhe and got her last teapot lines, boy I'm not sure who's thirstier for Traveller - Ayaka, Kokomi, or her. She's kinda emotionally retarded though, so I guess that has something to do with it.
IUegknN.jpg
Her art output has been amazing.

Pejo

Nice. I hope they have plenty of hidden stuff or puzzles like this going forward. A bit worried that they mentioned the userbase found the Inazuma ones difficult considering how basic they can be though.
I was a little worried about that and I think Enka suffered a little for it. The puzzles themselves are smoothbrain-tier, so they try to add the difficulty in finding things to begin with. My only complaint about the zone was how hidden some of the stuff was, in a way you'd never find it just by random exploration. I don't mind stuff being tucked out of the way, but like a good example is that vishap experimentation facility. It's not on the map, the only way to get there is via teleport bubble, but at least you can see a big chunk of land and kinda put 2+2 together to get to it. Some of those underground areas that you enter via a tiny sliver in the wall that blends in with the other walls though, that was a bit much. Especially considering that the stuff behind it was either plot/subquest relevant or a piece of a quest chain.
Her art output has been amazing.
Genshin is like Fate and Azur Lane due to its popularity. Fantastic fanarts all around. I only wish that like 70% of the R18 stuff wasn't the girls (and Venti) getting 'churled'.

YukiOnna

I was a little worried about that and I think Enka suffered a little for it. The puzzles themselves are smoothbrain-tier, so they try to add the difficulty in finding things to begin with. My only complaint about the zone was how hidden some of the stuff was, in a way you'd never find it just by random exploration. I don't mind stuff being tucked out of the way, but like a good example is that vishap experimentation facility. It's not on the map, the only way to get there is via teleport bubble, but at least you can see a big chunk of land and kinda put 2+2 together to get to it. Some of those underground areas that you enter via a tiny sliver in the wall that blends in with the other walls though, that was a bit much. Especially considering that the stuff behind it was either plot/subquest relevant or a piece of a quest chain.
Yeah it gets so obscure it's a tier above just finding a side area off the edge of the map or hidden by a puzzle. There aren't many but I wish they just did it like Araumi or Seirai's underground area instead where the complexity comes in the area after you access it. Kinda sucks having to look it up since it takes the surprise away from exploring, but at least they didn't overdo it.
Genshin is like Fate and Azur Lane due to its popularity. Fantastic fanarts all around. I only wish that like 70% of the R18 stuff wasn't the girls (and Venti) getting 'churled'.
Pain finding vanilla.

YukiOnna

Whats up this time? Another stupid mechanic?
Nah it's just end of patch filler but I think the worst kind. You take a tanuki around places you've already been and take photos with it + filler dialogue. Includes repeating the tanuki mini-game multiple times...

YukiOnna

True Anniversary is here. Some people got double messages, but they fixed that immediately so we probably won't.
n6ayh7oxtmg81.jpg

Last edited:
We're getting even more fates? I didn't know about that. Into the Kokocoin jar it goes.

Edit: It's just three of them in total, assuming we don't get the double messages. Still, better than nothing.

Last edited:

Fuz

Banned
I love how tons of people on reddit are praising MiHoYo for their generosity for giving everyone an extra wish after this mistake. How trained in low expectations are we when a single wish is a big deal?
Don't get me started.

What's this from? I logged in just a few minutes ago and I didn't get any mail.
〓Event Details〓

February 9
Intertwined Fate ×1
Golden Crab ×5
Sanctifying Unction ×6

February 10
Fragile Resin ×1
Tianshu Meat ×5
Hero's Wit ×5

February 11
Intertwined Fate ×1
Guide to Diligence ×3
Mystic Enhancement Ore ×10

February 12
Fragile Resin ×1
Guide to Gold ×3
Mora ×50,000

February 13
Intertwined Fate ×1
Guide to Prosperity ×3
Sanctifying Unction ×6
Source

Pejo

So I got Yun Jin uncapped to 90 (still need xp books to get her there though), and I've been using her in my commissions friendship farming team. Her unique buff to normal attacks is pretty cool, but it's kind of a big opportunity cost just to use it. Her ER is naturally very good since it's her ascension stat, and it's not about uptime, but having a whole character that doesn't do reactions just to add like 1k to your auto attacks feels...wasteful? I dunno, maybe she'll pair extraordinarily well with my Yoimiya once I get her talents and artifacts leveled.

It feels like her Elemental Skill should either do more than it currently does or that she should add a lifedrain or something to auto attacks so you can slot her in as a healer. There's not really much more that she brings to the party other than awful crystallize shields. Even if I would get some constellations on her, she's still only buffing normal attacks (and eventually attack speed), but only during her elemental burst. Then to cap it off, if you are using an AoE character instead of a single target, each enemy hit reduces the stacks of bonus damage.

Speaking of, I'm surprised we haven't seen a lifedrain mechanic yet, either for a new character or for an enemy. Maybe when we get to Fontaine we'll see some anime vampires.
sfx2jXn.jpg

BFHwisX.jpg

ZbNIknG.jpg

crumbs

So I got Yun Jin uncapped to 90 (still need xp books to get her there though), and I've been using her in my commissions friendship farming team. Her unique buff to normal attacks is pretty cool, but it's kind of a big opportunity cost just to use it. Her ER is naturally very good since it's her ascension stat, and it's not about uptime, but having a whole character that doesn't do reactions just to add like 1k to your auto attacks feels...wasteful? I dunno, maybe she'll pair extraordinarily well with my Yoimiya once I get her talents and artifacts leveled.

It feels like her Elemental Skill should either do more than it currently does or that she should add a lifedrain or something to auto attacks so you can slot her in as a healer. There's not really much more that she brings to the party other than awful crystallize shields. Even if I would get some constellations on her, she's still only buffing normal attacks (and eventually attack speed), but only during her elemental burst. Then to cap it off, if you are using an AoE character instead of a single target, each enemy hit reduces the stacks of bonus damage.

Speaking of, I'm surprised we haven't seen a lifedrain mechanic yet, either for a new character or for an enemy. Maybe when we get to Fontaine we'll see some anime vampires.
sfx2jXn.jpg

BFHwisX.jpg

ZbNIknG.jpg
Aren't some of the new enemies rumored to have the ability to "steal" your shield when they land an attack?

I imagine enemy life draining mechanics aren't too far behind, but the "good news" is that there will probably be a new 5 star character available to counter this new mechanic.

Last edited:

Pejo

Aren't some of the new enemies rumored to have the ability to "steal" your shield when they land an attack?

I imagine enemy life draining mechanics aren't too far behind, but the "good news" is that there will probably be a new 5 star character available to counter this new mechanic.
The new "husks" enemies get various buffs when they hit your shield. The effect has been severely nerfed since the first version of the beta though, it used to be a big pain in the ass, now it's more of an inconvenience.

YukiOnna

What's this from? I logged in just a few minutes ago and I didn't get any mail.
We should get it on NAs reset. They accidentally sent double and said everyone will receive it so we get 4 wishes instead of 3 now.

sfx2jXn.jpg

BFHwisX.jpg

ZbNIknG.jpg
Warfarin type chara in Genshin would be great. Just give me Warfarin in 3d actually...

Saber

My Yun Jin is pretty much a cool support, but her bonus was low and almost not notable. Thankfully with my team, I used to spam her burst alot. Her burst was one level to be fully maxed.

crumbs

Is there a weapon specific damage calculator for GI?

Just pulled a Skyward Harp bow on the standard banner and I'm trying to figure out how the numbers would look on Ganyu versus the R4 Prototype Crescent that I'm currently using.

I'll still level up the Skyward Harp regardless since I don't have too many 5 star weapons, plus it seems like it would be good on future bow characters.

Pejo

Just pulled a Skyward Harp bow on the standard banner and I'm trying to figure out how the numbers would look on Ganyu versus the R4 Prototype Crescent that I'm currently using.

I'll still level up the Skyward Harp regardless since I don't have too many 5 star weapons, plus it seems like it would be good on future bow characters.
Nothing I know of, but the Skyward Harp is one of the best stat sticks regardless of anything else. If you're already at a comfortable crit rate though, who knows maybe Crescent is good.

On the other hand, Harp is the BiS for machine gun Amber, the most dangerous DPS that MHY doesn't want you knowing about.

mTWCGQ5.jpg

So today I lost track while upgrading some talents and artifacts and ended up with less than 500 mora. Man that cash goes fast with talents.

Last edited:

BlackM1st

Banned
On the other hand, Harp is the BiS for machine gun Amber, the most dangerous DPS that MHY doesn't want you knowing about.

Genshin Impact GIF

Groan. You can't be serious with this nonsense haha I felt nauseous in 5 seconds lmao

SnoopyLightFieldmouse-size_restricted.gif

Ah... Much better 😌

Give Cocogoat her Harp, man. And go balls to the walls with C.dmg.

BlackM1st

Banned
I'm just a peasant that plays with a controller so I can't even do this type of gameplay. I do find it interesting though, but yea, tough to watch.
Oh, I also play on PC with a controller. Just don't feel like switching between control schemes, because I play GI on PS5 for like 95% of time.

Pejo

I use Dualsense on PC almost exclusively, for all games with a controller option. I have my gaming PC hooked up to my OLED in my living room and play from the couch. M+KB has never been my preferred control scheme outside of MMOs, even though I can agree that mouse aiming is far superior to controller. Genshin and Honkai were the last 2 games that I play that didn't support Dualsense, so I had to keep a DS4 around just for them. The latest few patches patched in Dualsense support for both finally.

Fake

Gold Member
Yeah, I use Dualsense on my notebook. Is a really fucking old notebook, but somehow Dualsense works just fine.

Top Bottom